Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mistaken by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mistaken

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. What, you think if I did we would have such pairings at the end? *rolls eyes*

A/N: This is an NC17 one shot, higher rated version of one of the one shots in my collection "Where Deathly Hallows Could Have Turned Harmonian". Please if you read review, I'm still new at smut, so your suggestions are well accepted!

Mistaken

"She's like my sister" he went on. "I love her like a sister, and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It's always been like that. I thought you knew"

Ron looked at Harry hopeful.

"Hi, Ron" a cold voice reached them. Both the boys turned to look at Hermione, and Harry could see something was not right with her. She didn't even look at him, she just focused on Ron.

"Hello, Hermione" the redhead sheepishly said, shuffling his feet.

Harry winced as he saw the sign that the storm was just to explode. And there it was, he had been right.

"You are an insensitive git, Ronald Bilius Weasley!" Hermione shouted, advancing toward their mutual best friend, who was cowering and walking backwards to keep his distance from her. "You left when you very well knew this was a difficult adventure form the start and you knew Harry would need us more than ever to accomplish what he must" she continued, the fact that she was wandless, as her own was in Harry's hand, not stopping her from wanting to hurt Ron. She finally reached him as he backed himself on a tree and had no way to escape anymore.

"You don't deserve Harry's friendship, nor you deserve mine!" she shouted, and Harry intervened. He was not going to lose his best friend again. Well, one of his best friends, he immediately corrected himself.

"Hermione, calm down" he said, calmly, but with a tone that was commanding. She turned toward him.

"You take his side, after all we went through and the sadness we endured when he left?" she questioned him, bewildered.

"Hermione, he just saved my life" Harry stated, matter-of-factly. "He dragged me out of a frozen pond, where I was going to drown, and then he destroyed the locket with the sword"

She looked at them, and noticed for the first time the sword now held in Harry's hand.

Then, she crumbled again. She started crying, and Ron automatically went to hug her and comfort her. She disengaged herself from his embrace and ran away.

"Girls. Bloody mental, all of them" the redhead commented, and Harry couldn't help but chuckle.

Then, they walked toward the tent, and there they found Hermione. She refused to talk to either of them all day, but Harry could see she was listening when Ron told him where he had been and how much he had wanted to come back immediately, but couldn't.

Harry inwardly grinned, and knew they would all be ok again. Having Ron back, just like in their fourth year, cheered him up lots, but that was balanced by the sadness brought to him by Hermione's silence. He felt they were doing fine in the weeks Ron had been away. After some days of sorrow, they were back to their old selves and now see Hermione hurt and sad pained him more than he cared to admit.

He had never felt so bad when Ginny was sad, and he wondered why. So, after dinner, when Ron got to bed, and Hermione sat on the entrance of the tent to take her part of the watch, he joined her.

"You should rest, Harry" she briskly said, turning her face away from him.

"Hermione, look at me" he said. She didn't,, so he gently took her chin and turned her face. He could see tears pooling in her eyes, and he brushed them away, sighing.

"What's the matter?" he asked, lovingly. Her breath caught in her throat as she locked eyes with him. She could melt in those green orbs.

"You were mistaken" she simply said, and he looked at her in confusion.

"About my feelings for you" she clarified, decided to go on even if that brought her to being rejected. He needed to know, and she needed to take that weight off her chest. "They are definitely not sisterly"

He was astounded. "You fancy me?" he whispered in realization.

She nodded. "It's always been you, Harry" she said, looking at him softly, and wiping away the last tears from her eyes.

"What about Ron? I was sure you fancied him!" he asked, and she looked up in shock. "You thought I fancied Ron?" she said, almost laughing.

"Well, you were constantly hugging now, and you cried so much when he left, and I saw the two of you sleep with hands just inches apart, I thought you had fallen asleep holding hands back at Grimmauld…you even washed his underpants!" he added then, grinning as he remembered that.

She blushed. "Well…I thought he would do, if I could not have you. I know you're happy with Ginny, Harry, and I'd never come between you two…" but he silenced her with a finger on her lips, and marvelled at their softness.

"Ginny is fun, yes" he said. "And I honestly liked her last year. I like her still. But I don't delude myself to think that is true love, Hermione" he said, smiling slightly. "Not that I know what true love is…but I simply can't picture her as the mother of my children"

An awkward silence settled between them, and both wanted to break it. Finally Hermione spoke.

"Did you mean what you said about me this afternoon?" she asked, dread filling her already.

"About loving you as a sister?"

"Mmh" she nodded.

He sighed, and passed one hand through his hair. "Hermione, I honestly don't know"

That was not what she expected, so her eyes shot up to meet his own. "What do you mean you don't know?" she asked.

"Exactly what I said. I like to think it's just brotherly love that I feel for you, it would make things less complicated, but then at times I notice things that a best friend or a brother should not, and I feel confused" he said, sighing. "But if I have to be honest, lately the non-friendly feelings have been taking the upper hand"

She listened silently, a stupid hope settling in her chest.

He finally looked straight into her eyes. "I believe I'm falling hard for you, Hermione Granger" he said, and she knew he was sincere, she could read it in his eyes. She took his hand in her own and squeezed it, to reassure him that it was ok to feel confused.

He had his gaze fixed once again on her lovely face, smiling up at him, the light from the outside moon and stars reflecting slightly on her features and making her almost ethereal. He gazed at her full lips, so kissable, so soft…her cinnamon eyes, that lit up every time he did something right, encouraging him to go on, because she would always be by his side…her hair, now much less bushy, but instead softer and silkier.

And he knew that he would make anything in his power to keep her smiling. If that was true love he still didn't know, but he did know no one else ever made him feel like content with their mere presence.

Leaning him slowly but continuously, he captured her lips in a sweet kiss, and she was surprised, but kissed him back, lacing her arms behind his neck, pulling him on top of her as she lay on the tent floor. The kiss was becoming more and more heated, he had pushed his tongue into her mouth and she had started fighting back with her own, a frantic dance now taking place in their mouths, and a small moan escaped her throat. They both felt in heaven, like the war and Voldemort were all distant realities, and Harry knew then how it felt to kiss someone you truly love. He moved his hand to caress her hair, while she buried her own in his unruly locks, fisting them and kissing him back with a burning passion.

They were lost in each other and never heard Ron wake up. The redhead stood up to go and fetch himself a glass of water, and shock washed over him as he saw his worst nightmare come true. There they were, Harry and Hermione, snogging their brains out, the raven haired wizard caressing her back, and sneaking an hand under her shirt.

"Oi!" he called, angry. "So this is what the two of you have been doing behind my back!" he shouted, and his friends sprang apart.

"You dare accuse me of betraying Harry's trust, but then you two do the same with me!" he snarled then, directed at Hermione. She had never seen him that enraged. Then the redhead turned to Harry.

"And you, my supposed best friend, who just told me today you had only brotherly feelings for her…did you enjoy mocking me?" Ron hissed, his eyes narrowing, and his hand moving to grab his wand.

Harry was quicker though.

"Expelliarmus!" he cried with Hermione's wand, and it functioned perfectly. Ron's wand flew away, and Harry was a bit surprised at how well her wand had responded to him, not being his own. But he would dwell on it later.

The redhead growled in frustration.

"Ron, listen" he started, finally getting on his feet.

"There's nothing I need to listen from you!" the redhead shouted again, his whole face red now. "You knew I fancied her but you pursued her all the same. What's Ginny to you, Harry? Just a doll with whom you can play when you feel to?"

Harry's eyes darkened. "Don't you dare insult me, Ron. I liked your sister, and I still do. I've always been honest with her. But with Hermione…well, it's different" he said, not wanting to admit he loved her yet. He was more or less sure, but needed some more time before saying it loud. He was scared of it.

Ron hollowly laughed. Then he turned his back to them, collected his few things, and walked out.

"Think about what you're doing, Ron" Harry menacingly said. "If you leave, this time is for good. We have no time to wait for you to decide to come and play again with us. We have already lost too much time"

Ron turned and glared at the two of them. "Have fun with the bookworm" he snarled, and Harry felt his blood suddenly boil.

"Sectumsempra!" he cried, but the light of the spell missed Ron, who Disapparated away with a loud crack.

"She's not a bookworm!" Harry bellowed to the empty forest, then turned. Hermione was a bit teary-eyed.

"He's gone, again" she said, whimpering just slightly.

"He's a git" Harry said, the pain for Ron leaving not as much strong as the first time now that he knew the truth about his feelings for Hermione. He sat down near her again, pulling her close.

"We will be fine" he reassured her. "Me and you, we will do this, and then we will live happy together" he said, before claiming her lips again, and as she kissed him back, he felt happy like never before.

He pulled her on top of him, and as the kiss grew hungry, he tugged at her shirt, and she started unbuttoning his own. Soon, she pushed it off his shoulders, revealing his by now muscular chest, and moments later he lifted her own over her head, leaving her chest covered just by her bra. His hands started fumbling with it, but to no avail, so he simply vanished it with her wand.

"Eager, Mr. Potter?" she teased him, and he smirked at her, kissing her again as he cupped her breasts with his hands. She drew a shard intake of breath, and closed her eyes at his touch on her soft skin. Her nipples hardened instantly, and he started pinching them, kneading them with his thumbs, till he replaced one hand with his mouth, and started sucking on it, or grazing it lightly with his teeth.

Hermione felt a warm sensation pool between her legs, in her very core, and she let her head fall back in pleasure.

"Harry!" she moaned softly, clearly enjoying his ministrations, and he grinned against her skin. Then, he proceeded downwards, trailing kisses all along her stomach and belly, till he reached her pants. Quickly unbuttoning them, he pushed them down her legs, terracing feather-like kisses along their length. Then, he moved up again, slowly, teasing her, who was by now thrashing in pleasure, moans coming often from her mouth.

Caressing her thighs, he hooked his fingers in the waistband of her damp knickers, and repeated the process. Hermione was going mad, and couldn't wait to have him in her, but he was not finished. As he moved up again, he cupped her center with one hand, and slipped one finger inside her as he kissed her hard. She arched her back to push herself more into him, and practically pushed them both from the ground when he slipped a second finger in. He moved them in and out, and she writhed under him, begging for more.

And more he gave her. As he settled his head between her legs, he immediately spotted the little nub that was her clit, and took it into his mouth, sucking on it, caressing it with his tongue, before licking her and plunging his tongue deep into her folds.

She felt herself explode, and closed her eyes as shreds of pure bliss pierced through her body, bringing her to her first orgasm of the night.

As she relaxed, release having washed over her, she grinned mischievously at him.

"My turn" she said, and slid down his body, unfastening his belt, and taking away his trousers and his boxers in a single move. He was now exposed to her as she was to him.

Harry snapped his eyes shut and groaned as he felt her nails graze his length, and then her soft fingers envelope it. She grinned seductively at him, and started stroking his erection, eliciting raw grunts from the young man, and smearing the first drops of pre-cum on its tip with her thumb.

He almost passed out when he felt her hot breath on it, and then her lips engulf his shaft. He opened his eyes to see her bobbing her head up and down, and he nestled one hand in her hair, keeping her there, till he felt he was almost coming.

He then pushed her away quickly, and panted.

She was slightly disappointed, but still she moved up to his face and kissed him hard. He pulled her at him and closed his arms tightly around her, never wanting to let go. She could still taste herself on his lips, and the thought made another wave of fire settle between her legs, her arousal growing once more.

She then guided him into her body, and he pushed, meeting a barrier. He hesitated slightly, but she kissed him to let him know it was ok, so he broke through. She stiffened, as pain enveloped her, and bit on his shoulder to keep from crying. But then, few moments later, she was ok.

He was worried, but she reassured him with a tender caress, so he picked up a rhythm, first slow but then quicker and deeper he pushed, then rolled them over so now he was on top, and started thrusting into her again, till he felt her muscles tighten around him, and effectively driving him over the edge. He pushed once more and that was it, she was in heaven again, just like he was, their bodies filled with waves of raw and primal pleasure, something as old as the world. As their release washed over them, wave after wave, Harry collapsed on top of her, spent.

He moved so that she was nestled under his arm, her hear on his chest, their legs still tangled. As sleep took them, Harry couldn't help thinking being mistaken could be a good thing at times.

-->