Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Tournament by Tazz2006
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Tournament

Tazz2006

A/N: Rewrite of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and renamed The Tri-Wizard Tournament. This idea hit me and just won't leave me alone, and it will be a crossover of sorts with elements of my other favorite shows and such. There will be far more schools, more magic, more battles and there will be teams of three involved (Try and guess who will be thrown together), hence Tri-Wizard. Enjoy...

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all related characters are property of JK Rowling. Jiraiya, Gaara, and the likes are property of Masashi Kishimoto.

Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Tournament
Prologue
The Dark Plan

Standing upon a hill overlooking the town of Little Hangleton was what, to this day, still called "the Riddle Manor," even though the previous inhabitants had died over half a century before. With many of its windows boarded, tiles missing, drainage gutters hanging, and ivy spreading unchecked all abroad, the villagers stated that it was the very definition of the word "creepy." Once a Manor revered throughout the land, for it was no doubt easily one of the largest and grandest structures throughout the land, it was now dilapidated, decaying, and deserted... or so they thought.

If one were to pay enough attention, squint hard and look near the top floor ot the monstrous house towards the far left, a dim glow could be seen in the dead of night, as if a cozy fire had been lit. But, with so many believing in the "Curse of the Riddle Manor," the villagers paid the house no more than a glance every few days, and that was during the height of the sun. Look at it at night you say? Bah! That was inviting death to your doorstep. For you see, when the Riddle family was murdered, a rumor had began going around. Allegedly, a team of doctors had examined the bodies of the family members and concluded that none of the Riddles had been poisoned, stabbed, shot, strangled, suffocated, or even harmed at all. In fact, the Riddles all appeared to be in perfect health.... apart from the fact that they were all dead. The doctors did note, though, that each of the Riddles had a look of terror upon their faces.

Now, whether that particular story was true or not remained to be seen, but it was enough to spook all of the residents and they refused to even go near the haunted mansion. Which was perfect for the current occupiers, who didn't wish to have anything to do with those below and were trying their best to remain hidden. For within the manner, an especially feeble looking man shuffled about the massive kitchen, muttering to himself through a pair of thick front teeth and stepping over the dead body of the old house keeper Frank Bryce while busying himself with a bottle of an oddly thick liquid.

"WORMTAIL!"

The high-pitched voice echoed through the halls, reaching the squabby man whose ears twitch annoyingly. The man now recognized as Peter Pettigrew, otherwise called Wormtail, cursed and spat to himself as he readied the bottle before hurrying out of the kitchen.

"Coming my lord!" He called back, his stubby legs carrying him up the winding stairs as fast as they could. He finally reached the room emanating the warm glow and entered, approaching a large, ornate and cushioned chair turned towards the fire, embroidered with silks of red and gold. He bowed down next to the arm and held the bottle out, wincing for a brief millisecond at the sight before him and silently praying it went unnoticed.

It didn't.

"Do I revolt you so, Wormtail?" Came a slithering voice, and instantly the sniveling little man went into a fit of sputters, shaking his head and bowing compulsively. "You seem disgusted every time you look upon your master."

"No... of course not my Lordship... I..."

"Liar. I can always tell, you fool... or have you already forgotten that after your years of hiding like a rat?" Wormtail was cut off, and he simpered cowardly, hoping that what he thought was coming didn't come. "I must inform you, my current state is not of my own choosing. But out of necessity. But why should I have to explain myself to an unfaithful rat such as you."

"Lord! My devotion to you... my faithfulness..."

"Is out of nothing more than fear. Hurry up and give me my food. I can feel myself getting weak. The traveling has taken its toll on me."

"O... of course my Lordship," Wormtail nodded and held the bottle out, and a loud sucking soon followed. The short wizard was forced to look away towards the fire, and after a minutes ticked by, he finally ushered up the will to speak. "If you don't mind asking... how long are we to stay here?"

After a few more moments of silence, Wormtail finally pulled the bottle away as his master released a satisfied hiss, and the servant tucked the the food away into his pocket.

"A week," came the answer in a cold voice. "Maybe longer. No one will notice that pathetic grounds keeper missing, so we're safe. And this place is comfortable enough. Besides, we cannot proceed with the plan yet as it is. Not with that pathetic Quidditch World Cup going on. With wizards pouring in from all over the world the Ministry is stressing security more than ever. Our minion's movements would be noticed too easily."

Wormtail nodded in agreement, not daring to question his lords plans. He then got up and hobbled towards the fire, pulling a long stick out of his pocket and pointing it towards the flames. With a few choice murmers, the fire intensified, illuminating the entire room and cutting away the shadows coiled around form of the creature seated within the chair behind him, revealing something slimy... something cold... and somehting evil. Seated within the chair was a creature in the shape of a crouched human child... except it was hairless, shriveled, and a dark, raw, reddish black. Its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face - no child alive ever had a face like that - flat and snake-like, with gleaming red eyes. The look of revulsion on Wormtail's face was unmistakable again, but the demon paid it no attention as he stared into the flames.

"Have you heard word from our opperative? How goes dealings with Suna?" The snake-child questioned, and Wormtail grinned triumphantly at finally being able to deliver good news to his master.

"Well, my lord, good news indeed! He has sent a message that they are willing to cooperate and will be sending three of their very best for the.... Hogwarts 'games.' They will also place several of their top wizards under your order."

"Superb!" The child cackled, and Wormtail recoiled as the horrorific sound bombarded him. "This plan is unraveling perfectly. By the end of the year, Hogwarts will be rubble and Lord Voldemort shall make the pathetic wizards and witches who once stood before him quiver! What a glorious day that shall be!"

"Of course, my lord. But... I must speak. Why Harry Potter? Why the boy? This task could be accomplished so much more quickly if you would allow me to merely find another suitable person."

"Without Harry Potter?" breathed Voldemort, staring into Wormtail's eyes with a dangerous glint. "You do not understand."

"You... you will not allow me to My Lord," Wormtail sputtered. "It makes sense. Laying hands on the boy is most dangerous! He is always under the eye of that muggle-lover Dumbledore. I would gladly volunteer to find you a substitue..."

"You volunteer? Or perhaps you just mean that the task of nursing me has become a burden to you. Could you possibly be making this suggestion of abandoning the plan to cover up nothing more than an attempt to desert me? I wonder."

"No... My Lord... I mean no such thing!"

"Liar!" Hissed the child, waving a frail, bone-thin arm at the rat. "Lord Voldemort knows! He always knows! You are regretting that you ever returned to me."

Wormtail simpered and fell to his knees, bowing his head and turn his face to the dusty floor. "I am sorry my Lord! I am weak!" The Dark Lord rolled his eyes at the gesture and snarled, the sight of his servant disgusting him.

"Get up you fool. There will be plenty of time to bow and beg for forgiveness later. Right now... I have some good news for you. After tonight you will no longer have to tend to me because I will be strong enough."

"My Lordship?" Wormtail's curiosity was peaked. He looked up towards Voldemort who closed his eyes for a moment and seemed to drift off, his breathing deep and ragged. For a moment, Wormtail believed the Dark Lord had used up all his strength and had fallen asleep, like he had done so many nights before. But this was not the case, and the snake-child's eyes shot open again, and he motioned towards the door with his crippled hand.

"Bring me Bertha Jorkins. I believe she has been able to enjoy her stay here long enough. I have use for her."

"What do you...?"

"That is none of your concern fool!" Voldemort cut him off, and Wormtail stumbled back as if stung. He reached down towards his forearm and grasped at the Dark Mark is it began to pulse, sending sharp pains throughout his arm. "You did good for capturing her, even though you knew nothing of the valuable information she possessed. But even though it was pure, dumb luck... you made it possible for me to seek out my most loyal of minions. For that... will be rewarded! But you are questioning me Wormtail... and my patience is running thin! I will tell you, though, that I have learned many things from my previous experiments. And I believe it is time to test it. You just worry about readying the potion! And it must be perfect! If it is not..."

Wormtail held his hands out before him in defense and he nodded before scurrying off to retrieve his master's 'guest,' and Voldemort sat back into the chair and breathed tiredly. But as soon as the rat had vanished, the fires coughed and sputtered, a face quickly taking form, and the snake grinned ever-so lightly at the sight.

"The idiot is finally gone," the fire spoke, and a twisted grin upon Voldemort's face was unmistakable. "I've been waiting for a while."

"Ah... Crouch... how goes the task? Wormtail says it is running smoothly," Voldemort breathed, and the flames laughed, spitting embers into the air.

"Well... the filthy rat is right," he stated, the place where his eyes should be glowing brightly. "The three Suna is sending to Hogwarts are most fearsome. One of them is particularly powerful. I can assure my lordship that he will not be disappointed."

"And I believe you," The creature nodded, glancing at the door, hoping to see his rat returning with his test subject soon. "And what of the old Auror?"

"I shall be getting to him within the next three days. He will not be a problem."

"Good. You shall be handsomely rewarded for your efforts."

The flames before him nodded and flared, casting a magnificent glow and warmth upon the dark lord's shriveled body. "My reward is to serve you and the cause, My Lord."

"Superb. Now go... before the fool returns. I suspect I shall see you at Hogwarts."

"Of course, my lordship."

The two shared a loud laugh before the opperative's face vanishes, and Wormtail chose this time to return with a struggling young woman in his grasp, her arms bound magically to her sides. And as she is placed before the snake-child, she attempted to scream except her mouth was stuffed with a thick, choking cloth.

"Ms. Jorkins..." the demon spoke to her, what looked to be a sinister smile in place across his flat face. "I hope you have enjoyed your stay in my house. However, as sad as it is, I must request your assistance in the matter. And by request... I really mean you have no other choice."

Her eyes went wide as the creature lowered himself from the chair and slunk across the floor like a sloth, boney arms flexing at odd, inhuman angles as he moved. Wormtail turned away in disgust and horror, not wishing to see this particular sight as the Dark Lord drew near.

"Wormtail... remove the cloth! I want to hear her scream."

Wormtail winced but obliged nonetheless, sympathy for the woman filling his mind, and the beautiful Berth Jorkins released a deathly, blood curdling shriek into the night as the hideous creature neared. And two hundred miles away, the boy who Voldemort and Wormtail referred to as Harry Potter awoke with a gasp, his scar searing like hot iron upon his forehead.

Chapter One: Harry Potter's life at Privet Drives continues to drive him insane... until an odd, old pervert appears in his backyard, claiming to be an apprentice of Dumbledore's. Next Chapter, entitled 'The Legendary Jiraiya, Wizaring Pervert Extraordinaire,' will see a few new spells learned and the lead in to the dramatic Quidditch World Cup. And just what will all his friends have to say about his dream? Stay tuned!