Unofficial Portkey Archive

Happy Father's Day by h-hr-4eva
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Happy Father's Day

h-hr-4eva

To all you dads out there, happy father's day! Just a sweet little one shot in celebration today.

I don't own anything you recognise.

Maddison

Father's Day

Harry awoke to the excited whispering of his children. Alexandra giggled quite loudly as he turned onto his side to face them, while grouping around for his glasses. His heart swelled with love as he saw Alex and Lily standing there, Hermione behind them, smiling and holding a tray loaded with bacon, eggs, toast and a glass of orange juice.

"Happy father's day!" they chanted happily.

"It is, isn't it?" he replied, smiling warmly.

After they had finished his breakfast Lily yelled "PRESENTS!!"

"Open mine first" Alex exclaimed.

"No, mine!" Lily argued.

"I can't see any presents," Harry commented, confused.

"That's because I have them" Hermione interjected, drawing three boxes from behind her back. Harry picked up the biggest first and ripped off the wrapping paper, vaguely noticing that it was from Alex.

"Thank you so much Alex! It is exactly what I needed, a new broomstick servicing kit!" Harry Exclaimed as Alex beamed at him.

"Open mine next daddy! Please!"

"Of course Lily," Harry said picking up the present he could tell was from her.

Lily's present turned out to be a photograph of him and her, sitting under an old tree smiling.

"It's beautiful Lily. Thank you."

Lily smiled back at him happily as he unwrapped Hermione's gift.

"Snow Wings. Sounds like a good book." He commented, reading the blurb.

"I thought you might like it," Hermione turned to Lily and Alex and said "why don't you take the tray to the kitchen and then find a game to play, I want to talk to daddy for a minute.

After Alex and Lily had left Hermione turned back to Harry and said "I have another present for you. I'm pregnant."

"That's great! Boy or girl? And what are you doing standing up, and running around after the kids? You should be relaxing. And-"Harry was cut off by Hermione glaring at him."

"Harry, I'm fine, really. I don't know if it is a boy or girl, I want it to be a surprise. And you're being overprotective again. I am not due for nearly 7 months and I running around after the kids isn't going to do me much harm anyway."

Harry had the decency to look guilty. "Well that is wonderful! I can't wait to tell everyone, I'm going to have another child!"

"Yes dear, it's wonderful. We should probably go to play with Lily and Alex now though."

"Yes, probably."

As they walked down the hallway and in to the kitchen Hermione suddenly stopped.

"Oh, and by the way, happy father's day."