Unofficial Portkey Archive

Revelations by hphglover
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Revelations

hphglover

A/N: This started as a simple fic and turned into a long one-shot. I didn't really want to split it. There are some OOC parts and it is a bit angsty (so unlike myself), but I felt like writing it and I think it works. There is also a gay character, so if that is not up your alley, now would be a good time to leave. (And no, there isn't any sexual content about that! He's just here on a friendly basis during a time of need. Only open-minds allowed! Live and let live, I say.) Hope you enjoy it. I even surprised myself with how it turned out. I like it quite a bit.

REVELATIONS

"Don't marry him," Harry pleaded.

Hermione stared at him, dumbfounded, not sure what to say. She had just opened her door to find him on the other side, more than a bit drunk and looking quite miserable. She was getting married the following week to the current administrator of St Mungos, Brad McKenzie.

"Harry, you're pissed," was all she said as she grabbed his arm and brought him into the foyer, closing the door after he was inside.

"I am. Been drinking all night."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to marry him," Harry said rather coherently even in his deplorable state. He could not even bring himself to say his name. He was not marrying his Hermione if he had a say in the matter.

Before she could say anything else, there was another knock on the door. She frowned. It was close to two in the morning. All she'd wanted when she had gotten home close to midnight was to get some sleep after the long day she'd had. She had been looking forward to her weekend.

With a sigh, she opened the door, to see a guilty looking Ron on the other side. Luna was with him as well. "I'm sorry, Herms, I tried to stop him, but then I went to the loo and he pulled this on us. I'll take him home now."

"Come in, Ron. Hi, Luna." Ron dropped a quick kiss on her cheek and moved inside. Luna stood there looking calmly at her, her eyes uncharacteristically focused and a bit scary in their intensity.

"Don't be mad at him, Hermione, he's only trying to stop you from making a mistake," was all she said as she walked up to her, kissed her cheek, and followed Ron inside.

Hermione stood there for a few minutes, wondering if this was, after all, a horrible nightmare. Otherwise, it seemed that just mere days before the ceremony, all of her closest friends had decided she was making a terrible mistake by marrying Brad.

She closed the door and walked to her living room. Harry was laying on the sofa while Ron sat at the coffee table trying to talk some sense into him. Luna, from what Hermione could hear, seemed to be in the kitchen, probably making tea. She walked in that direction and left Ron dealing with Harry.

Luna looked up as Hermione walked in and smiled sadly at her. "I'm sorry this is happening now, Mione. We tried to stop him, but there was no reasoning with him."

"Care to enlighten me as to what in bloody hell is going on?" Hermione asked angrily, running her hands through her soft curls in irritation.

"Harry doesn't want you to marry Brad. I thought that was clear enough," Luna said looking at Hermione as if she was being obtuse on purpose.

"For Merlin's sake Luna! Why is he doing this now? I have been dating Brad for over a year. He couldn't say something before now?"

Luna raised an eyebrow at Hermione's angry outburst, and although she could understand why Hermione was upset, she tended to agree with Harry's side on this particular matter.

"He's tried to tell you several times, Mione, but you just won't listen to him," Luna reminded her softly.

"No, he hasn't, Luna. He gives me all of these stupid reasons as to why I shouldn't marry him, but nothing ever makes sense. He's never given Brad a chance and you know it. He never took the time to get to know him as much as I have tried to get the two to get along."

"Let's be fair here. Brad has not made an effort either. You have to admit he is the typical rich man, pompous and arrogant." Luna raised her hands in defense. "Don't look at me like that, Mione, you know it's true. From the moment he met us, he has looked down his nose at all of us."

Hermione had nothing to say at that point. She knew Luna was right. Brad was pompous and arrogant, and sometimes he was very selfish. But he had a good side to him as well. He was a brilliant administrator, he was very well educated, and he treated Hermione well. That was the reason she was marrying him. They got along, they had similar career goals, and they had many things in common. He was twelve years her senior, but that did not matter much.

"Do you even love him?" Luna asked directly.

It was Hermione's turn to raise her eyebrows. "Of course I love him! I wouldn't be marrying him otherwise. What kind of questions is that?"

"I guess I asked the wrong question then. I should have asked if you're in love with him."

Hermione just stared at her dear friend, not really sure how to answer that question.

"You know why you can't answer that right away?" Luna asked but did not wait for Hermione to answer her. "Because deep down you know that your heart belongs to someone else and it has for a very long time, Hermione."

"Oh, Luna, what am I going to do?" Hermione said as Luna hugged her.

~*~

"Mate, you have to let this go. She's going to marry Brad next weekend and there really isn't anything you can do about it," Ron tried to reason with his best friend.

"I'm not going to let her marry that wanker, Ron, even if I have to stun her stubborn arse and kidnap her!" Harry told him furiously.

"You'd never have the balls to stun Hermione. She would kill you the minute the spell was lifted."

"I don't care. That bloody wedding is not happening," he continued glaring towards the kitchen. "And he is way too old for her. What was she thinking when she said yes?"

"If you love her that much, you should have told her long ago instead of being so damn stubborn yourself."

"Why would I tell her? She obviously doesn't love me back that way. She wants to marry a pruny old wanker instead."

"Have you asked her or are you just assuming?"

Harry looked away from him. He had never particularly asked fearing what her answer would be.

"You've been in love with her since we were at Hogwarts." Ron raised his hand when Harry tried to interrupt him. "Don't try to deny it. You loved her secretly for years, even when I was with her for that short time. But you were always trying to be chivalrous and look where that has gotten you!"

"I'm sorry, Ron."

"What are you sorry for, mate? Be a damn man and do something about it already! For the love of Merlin and all that's good in this world, admit to her how you feel before it's too late," Ron pleaded.

"I cannot tell Hermione I'm crazy in love with her!" Harry shouted.

"And why the hell not, Harry? Is that what this is all about?" Hermione asked him, having just walked into the living room unnoticed.

Harry and Ron both turned their heads so fast she was surprised they didn't snap their necks in two. Luna was standing behind her, smile firmly in place. Ron blushed furiously and got up. Harry sat up and swallowed hard, color rising in his cheeks as well.

"Hermione," he croaked.

Luna calmly set the tea service down and took Ron's hand. "We'll be in the study if you need us," she said as she and Ron walked down the hall, leaving Harry and Hermione staring at each other intently.

~*~

"Well?" she asked after several minutes of uncomfortable silence.

Harry stood up and ran his fingers nervously through his hair. He finally walked up to her and took her hand. He walked over to the French doors that led to the terrace and opened them, leading her outside.

"Start talking or I'm going back inside and you're leaving," she said after a few more minutes went by and he still said nothing.

Instead of talking, he walked up to her again and before she could say another word, he kissed her.

She tried to pull back but he was too fast for her. He put his hands on her waist and pulled her hard against his body, deepening the kiss. He brought one hand slowly up her back until it reached her nape to hold he in place. Hermione brought her hands up to his arms as if to push him away, but held on for dear life instead. Harry's tongue was doing wicked things to her mouth and she couldn't help the moan that escaped her lips.

He kissed her for the longest time, savoring her taste, caressing her softly, pouring all of his love into the kiss. She felt her knees buckle and he grabbed her more firmly by the waist, bringing her up so that she could wrap her long legs around his hips. He pressed her against the wall and it was then that she finally felt what the kiss was doing to him.

He finally pulled back and rested his forehead against hers. "You can't marry him, Mione. I love you so much and it would kill me if you go through with this," he whispered.

Hermione was in shock. First, she had kissed him back with abandon and now his words were doing funny things to her heart. She had loved him for as long as she could remember but as the years passed and he didn't seem to return her feelings, she had buried that love deep within her heart and had moved on with her life.

"Harry, why didn't you say something before. Why wait until now, when I'm about to get married?"

He let her slide down his body, groaning as she rubbed so intimately against him. After taking a couple of deep breaths to calm his nerves, he took her by the hand and led her to one of the lounges scattered around the big terrace.

"There's something you need to know about Brad, Hermione, and I really didn't know how to tell you, since I just found out earlier today. That's one of the reasons I drank so much."

"You know you can tell me anything, Harry," she reassured him softly.

"He's having an affair with his secretary," he said quickly before he lost his nerve.

Her eyebrows shot up again in surprised. "How do you know this?"

"I saw them earlier. I didn't know she lives in the same building as I do. I was leaving my apartment earlier and ran into them as they were kissing madly. There was a weekend bag at his feet."

Hermione just looked at him and remained quiet. She'd had her suspicions that something was going on for a while, but so far, she hadn't had any proof. Now she did and there was no way she would marry a man that was being unfaithful before they even got married.

"I haven't told a soul. That's why Ron was trying to talk me out of coming here earlier."

She just nodded and stared out at the night sky, seemingly lost in thought.

"I can go there with you right now if you want me to. Then you won't have any doubts and can make the decision on your own," he suggested after a while when he couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Fine. Let's go," she said as she got up. "Just give me a few minutes to change."

Harry was so surprised she had accepted that he did not react for a moment. He felt sober all of a sudden when he realized that his dreams might have a chance of coming true. Hermione hadn't said she loved him back, but she was willing to confront Brad and that was something. He got up from the lounge chair and went to look for Ron and Luna. After he explained what he had seen and where they were going, they insisted on coming along, just in case.

Hermione didn't even seem surprised to see the three of them waiting when she came back into the living room a bit later. They all noticed that her hair and make-up were perfectly done and that she was dressed in elegant and expensive business attire. She was ready for battle, Harry thought while he looked appreciatively at her.

She was wearing navy slacks with a thin black belt around her waist, a white and blue stripped shirt with the logo of her favorite designer on the breast pocket and sexy black heels she had a weakness for. She was even wearing the pearl necklace Harry had given her as a graduation present.

Once she had become a Healer, she had opted to wear muggle clothes instead of the usual Healer robes, claiming to be more comfortable that way. What Hermione wanted, she usually got. She often joked it was one of the benefits of being a war hero. Harry had gone into muggle London and had gotten her several white robes with her name embroidered on them, just like muggle doctors wore and she had loved them.

"You look nice," he complimented.

She just nodded. "Let's get this over with then."

Without waiting for a reply, she walked out of the living room. They exchanged worried glances with each other before following her.

~*~

They apparated to Harry's apartment building and he led them down the hallway to a door on the other end.

"This is it," he told them pointing at the door marked 4-E.

Hermione wasted no time knocking. She had to knock a few times before Marla, Brad's executive secretary, finally opened the door. To say that she was surprised to see Hermione standing there was a huge understatement.

"I'd like to speak to Brad, please," Hermione said and without waiting for an invitation, she let herself into the apartment.

Marla looked at the others, still in shock, and finally stood aside to let them in. What was the use of pretending she did not know what was going on? She had begged the heavens for something like this to happen so the wedding would not happen at all and it looked like her prayer had been answered.

A moment later, she walked down the hall to wake up Brad and tell him Hermione was there. She had a feeling that before anyone could get a happy ending, all hell would break lose.

A clearly shaken Brad made an appearance a few minutes later and they could all tell he had dressed quickly and without much care since he looked rumpled and he never had a hair out of place. He couldn't even meet Hermione's stare. She was standing by the fireplace, arms crossed across her chest, and looking regal. There was no doubt in anyone's mind as to who was in control of the situation.

"Well?" she asked with an air of superiority while looking at Brad with something close to disdain. "Care to explain yourself and this situation?"

"Hermione, what's there to explain? You're a brilliant woman and I am sure you've figured out by now what this means."

"I want to hear it from you. I do not want to assume anything. I want to hear you say it so when I'm done with you, no one will question my actions," she said and the iciness in her tone made the others shudder.

Ron and Harry looked nervously at each other, knowing Hermione's wrath was not something to temper with at all. Brad swallowed with difficulty, apparently knowing this as well.

"I'm having an affair with Marla and it's been going on for more than six months. I fell in love with her without even noticing but I had made a promise to you and I did not know how to break it. I was wrong, and now I stand a chance of losing both of you and it's my entire fault for not being enough of a man to deal with the situation head on."

Hermione turned to Marla then. "Do you love him?"

"I do. For longer than I can remember," the other woman answered sincerely and clearly embarrassed.

"And you were willing to play the role of the other woman the rest of your life?"

"If it was the only way I could be with him, then yes, I was prepared to assume that role," she finished sadly. "It might make me seem weak, but I couldn't help it. The only thing I regret is having hurt you, since I admire you so much."

Hermione could see the honesty in the other woman's eyes and just nodded at her. She looked at Brad again and he seemed more troubled than she had even seen him before.

"Are you sure you love her, Brad?"

"There isn't a doubt in my heart. I love you, but I'm in love with her. I think you understand what that's like more than you let on," he said giving her a knowing look.

Hermione did not bother to deny or accept his statement. She simply uncrossed her arms and took off her engagement ring. She stretched her hand towards him and he moved closer to take it.

"I'm not going to hurt you Brad, and you know why?"

"No."

"I would probably be sent to Azkaban when I was done. Right now, I hate you for doing this to me and to Marla. I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive you because right now I can't. I'm going to take a couple of weeks off from work and you are going to approve it. When I get back, I will have a decision made as to my future employment with St Mungos. In the mean time, don't bother contacting me."

Harry let go of the breath he had been holding. He could tell she was beyond angry at that point, since her voice cracked several times, but she held herself proudly and did not shed a single tear. He could only imagine her inner strength was stretched to its limit and all it would take to make her snap was one wrong word from Brad. As much as he wanted the other man to suffer, he did not want Hermione to end up in trouble for unleashing her barely contained fury.

"I think it's time to go," Harry said as he walked up to her and put his hand on the small of her back.

She simply nodded and moved towards the door. Luna was immediately at her side, her arm going around Hermione's shoulder. Ron looked at Brad with disdain and held back his own anger. No need to make things worse for Hermione, he thought walking away.

Harry, however, was not as noble. He walked up to Brad and punched him so hard he fell backwards with a groan. "Next time I won't be as nice," he spat as he stepped over him and followed Ron.

Hermione turned around just in time to see it and gasped. Leave it to Harry to be the barbaric one. But what a sexy barbarian at that, she thought fleetingly before looking down at Brad. Marla was at his side, helping him to sit up.

"You have a good woman at your side, Brad. I think it's time you treated her with the respect she deserves. And do buy her a proper engagement ring, it would be so tacky of you to use that one again," Hermione advised before she opened the door and walked outside.

~*~

Once they arrived back at Hermione's no one knew what to say to her. Her eyes looked glazed over and her expression was unreadable. It was as if she had erected an invisible wall around her and there was no getting through to her. Luna tried but was met with silence. Ron tried was but met with an unfathomable look. And when Harry tried, she just held up her hand.

"As much as I appreciate all of you, I need to be alone right now. I'm leaving first thing in the morning and I will not be back for two weeks as I told Brad earlier. I'm not telling anyone where I'll be, since I need the time alone to make some decisions."

They did not try anymore. Luna and Ron hugged her goodbye and walked outside to wait for Harry. Harry stood there a moment and then hugged her as well.

"I never would have done this if I had thought he truly loved you and you were happy. I would have accepted it and moved on somehow. But I couldn't let you make a mistake this huge and live with myself. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me," he whispered as he held her.

"There is nothing to forgive, Harry. You actually saved me. Again."

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"I need to be alone. I'll call you when I get back, okay?"

He nodded and steeped back. He dropped a quick kiss on her lips and with one more loving look, he was gone.

A few minutes later, she crumbled to the floor in tears, sobs wracking her slight body.

~*~

"It's been two months, mate, and she still so angry. I'm getting worried. She's lost weight and she looks sad and drawn. She's not like that and you know it, not even during the war," Harry said to Ron as he sipped his beer. They were sitting at their favorite pub as they had been doing every Friday evening since the war had ended.

"Harry, she's moving on, though. She opened her own practice and she's doing great. She even talked Neville into joining her, since she was so busy."

"She's working herself to the ground. She's bound to collapse one of these days of sheer exhaustion. There's no getting through to her. We've all tried. Even Ginny, who accepted her offer to run the practice can't get her to react. Luna calls her daily and nothing. I visit her weekly and nothing changes. This isn't right, Ron."

"So what are we going to do about it?"

"I don't know, but something's got to give."

"There is one person we haven't contacted about this, you know," Ron said almost shyly.

Harry raised his eyebrows when comprehension hit. "Do you think it might work?"

"He seems to be the only one not afraid of her wrath, since he's already experienced it several times. If there's someone that can make her sit up and pay attention it's him."

A moment later, Harry took his phone out of his pocket and dialed the number. "It's worth a shot."

~*~

Hermione sat behind her desk, exhausted, and put her head down on her arms with a sigh. As happy as she was with her new practice, she felt cold inside. There was no joy in her life. She hated feeling trapped inside of her own mind and she hated not being in control of her emotions.

Money was not an issue for her, since she had been given a huge inheritance that her grandparents had left her when she had become of age. Her success as a Healer had added to that, as well as the money she made when several of her potions had been marketed. Thanks to that, she owned a huge penthouse apartment, a luxury car, and the best clothes and jewels money could buy.

She was still not happy.

Health wise, she knew she wasn't well. She wasn't eating or resting properly. She had lost weight and she had been getting dizzy spells almost daily. Ginny was on her back constantly trying to make her eat or take the afternoon off. Neville was just as bad. Ron and Luna were beside themselves trying to make her smile. And poor Harry! Most of the time she took her anger out on him and he simply stood there, letting her rant and rave about the unfairness of it all.

Although the break-up had been kept under wraps and the press had never found out the real reason behind the cancelled wedding, Hermione had not been able to let go of her anger and embarrassment. She wasn't heartbroken, as she had explained countless times to her friends. But she was a proud woman and her pride had been stepped on in the worst way. She had even doubted her hard-gained femininity and her sense of worth.

And that was the reason she was so miserable. She was doubting herself and she hated that.

~*~

Out on the reception area Ginny was straightening everything and wondering what else could be done to make Hermione snap out of it. The front door opened and she looked up in surprise, since it was almost closing time. She couldn't help the huge smile that formed on her lips when she noticed who it was.

"Oh, thank Merlin you're here! You are a sight for sore eyes." She went up to him and hugged him after dropping a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks, darling, it's good to see you, too. You're looking fabulous as always."

"Thanks!"

"I hear this is quite the emergency. Seems no one can get through to our favorite bookworm. For Harry to call me and demand that I come over right away, it must be bad."

"It's worse. Just go on in and knock some sense into her, will you. Nothing else has worked," she begged.

He nodded and walked down the hall to Hermione's office. He opened the door without bothering to knock and she looked up in surprise. A small smile played around her lips when she saw whom it was.

"How dare you disrupt my weekend plans with this misery fest you have going on, huh?" he asked tenderly as he walked over to her and planted a kiss on her lips. He took her hands and made her stand up, hugging her as she did.

"It's good to see you, too."

"I know. It's always your pleasure. Now, listen up and listen well," he said as he let her go. "Grab your personal things and let's go. Tsk, tsk, there is no protesting, no threatening bodily harm, and no bargaining. We are leaving, Hermione Jane Granger, and we are leaving now!"

She had no choice but to follow his instructions. A moment later, he was leading her firmly by the hand out of the office. She barely had time to call out goodbye to a grinning Ginny.

They got to her car and he asked for the keys. "You know I can't resist this beast purring under my capable hands," he said as they got in and he turned they key in the ignition. The jaguar purred to life.

"I thought that was Pierre's job," she smirked.

"He sends his love, by the way. He wants you to come to Paris and visit."

"Tell him as soon as I get a break, I'll come."

"Just so happens that you're going to be seeing him later this evening. We are going to your place, you are packing a weekend bag, and you are not coming back until Monday morning."

"I can't do that," she protested immediately.

"I didn't ask you if you could or not. I told you its happening. And you can wipe the look off your face right now, darling; it does not scare me anymore. Why do you think I'm here to begin with?" he said while winking sexily at her.

"You can be such a bastard sometimes."

"Oh, darling, talk nasty to me. You know I like it."

She laughed. For the first time in two months, Hermione Jane Granger laughed and it felt damn good.

Before she knew what was happening, they had apparated to his luxurious apartment in Paris, only the essentials in hand, since he had decided they were going shopping and she didn't need to bring clothes after all.

~*~

Pierre, his partner, greeted them both with enthusiastic kisses. "Darling girl, it's so good to see you again, but you look dreadful. Mon Dieu, Draco, what has happened to our favorite girl? I'm going to hurt someone!" he exclaimed as he took in her appearance.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him. "Thanks, you prat. I thought I was dragged here in order to feel better."

"We're going to the coiffeur right now. And then shopping. And then we are taking you to dinner and dancing. This is going to be a great weekend!" Pierre said smiling and kissing both of her cheeks again.

Later that night, after doing every thing Pierre had suggested, Hermione sat with Draco on the balcony of his apartment, sharing a bottle of wine and some cigarettes. Pierre had retired for the evening to give them some privacy.

"Thank you," she said after taking a long drag.

"You're quite welcome, Mione. You look better already," he complimented her.

"I feel better and that's saying something. I guess Harry was the one to phone you."

"He was desperate, as only one who loves deeply gets."

"I know. He told me how he felt two months ago right before he told me Brad was cheating on me."

"I know how hurt you were by that, but is he really worth all of this self-doubt you're going through?"

She was taken aback by his words. "How do you know that's the problem?"

"Sometimes I think I know you better than you know yourself. Darling, I was your roommate for the two years you did your practice here in Paris. You were the first one I came out to and you accepted it as something normal and not something to be ashamed off."

"You are normal, Drake," she interrupted him. "Just because your sexual preference is different from mine doesn't mean there is something wrong with you! I love you just as you are."

"I know you do, and it was easier dealing with it once you knew and stood by my side when my family turned their backs on me. But we are straying from our original conversation."

"Sorry, but I still get mad when I think about it."

"I know, darling, but I am happy and that is enough for me. But back to you. Brad was a wanker. An old wanker at that. Seriously, chéri, what were you thinking marrying a man twelve years your senior. He's thirty-seven, Hermione!"

"Believe it or not, Drake, I was comfortable with him."

"Comfortable does not a relationship make. Let me ask you something. When you think about Harry, what are the first five words that come to your mind?"

"Brave, loyal, sexy, loving, forever," she answered immediately.

"And that doesn't clue you in?" he asked sarcastically.

Hermione looked down at her forgotten cigarette and put it out on the ashtray, lighting a fresh one. "He would have some choice words if he saw me smoking, by the way."

"I know; that's why you only do it with me. I'm a bad influence in you. It still surprises me when they call me when you decide to go into your `I'm better off alone - stay away from me or I will hurt you' persona. Surely they know when I bring you to Paris you lose all inhibitions and let that wild side of yours go."

"They suspect, but since you're gay, they don't worry too much."

Draco laughed merrily. "Seriously, darling, you need to snap out of this. Harry is going crazy. When Ginny saw me earlier her expression was priceless. It was as if Merlin himself had walked into the office. You need to stop with the doubting, it's so unbecoming, especially for you. Harry loves you and he is just waiting for you to give him a chance to show you just how much. You need to go back to London, head held high, and give yourself a chance to move on and find true happiness. Will you promise me to do that?"

"You know I can't deny you anything, Drake. Besides, you're right. It's been two long months and I have let myself go because my pride as a woman was trampled on. Enough is enough and I should go back and talk to Harry and apologize to everyone for being so bitchy."

"That's my girl! Now, finish that cigarette so we can go to bed. It's late and we have a full day tomorrow."

She smiled at him. "You're sleeping with me?"

"Don't I always when you come to visit? Darling, you're the only female that gets to share this delectable body!"

"Right. Pierre would have my hide!"

"He knows it's all innocent, otherwise he would put a chastity belt on us!"

~*~

After the weekend spent with Draco and Pierre, Hermione came back to London a new woman. She didn't bother going to work on Monday morning. She called Ginny who had already re-scheduled all of her appointments. Bless that girl, she thought.

After showering and having a light breakfast, she grabbed a box from the counter and dissaparated. She stood in front of Harry's apartment for a full minute, wondering what she would say when he opened the door and saw it was her.

The choice was taken out of her hands, when the door suddenly opened and he leaned against the doorframe, looking sexy and yummy. He was only wearing lounge pants that were riding ridiculously low on his hips and the smile on his face. Her eyes followed the little trail of hairs from his belly to the waistband of his pants. Looking lower, she had to bite her bottom lip when she noticed he wasn't wearing anything under his pants.

"Keep it up and you'll soon find yourself on your back," he joked as he stepped aside to let her in.

She pressed the gold box against his chest as she walked by him. "Pervert," she muttered under her breath and he laughed merrily.

"How did you know I was here?" she asked him without bothering to turn around.

"You triggered the wards. I always know when you're here from the moment you apparate into the building."

"I brought you those chocolates you like so much."

"And I love you for it."

"I love you, too, Harry," she said as she finally turned around and faced him. "I'm sorry about the past two months. I'm sorry for not telling you that I love you as well sooner. I'm sorry for shutting you out and ignoring your efforts to comfort me. I'm sorry about so many things, but the main thing I wanted to tell you is that I love you with a fierceness I've never know before and I want to be with you in every possible way if you'll have me," she finished and waited for his response.

He didn't say anything. He just walked up to her and kissed her with so much passion it was all she could do not to melt in a puddle at his feet. He did not stop kissing her; he just put the box of chocolates in her hand and picked her up easily, carrying her down the hall to his room. He lay her down on the middle of his huge bed, and lay down on his side next to her.

"I want to make love to you, Mione. I have waited so long and I can't wait any longer," he said as his hand traced circles on her stomach.

"I want you, too, Harry. But I though you'd want to talk first," she said gently, as she put the box on her side and caressed his face tenderly.

"I do want to talk, but you finally told me how you feel and that's enough for now."

She nodded and he kissed her again. Little by little, he took her clothes off, kissing every inch of exposed skin as he did so. When she was naked, he took a moment to admire her body, lingering at her breasts and between her legs.

Before she knew it, he had opened the box of chocolates and bit into the corner of one. A thick, gooey liquid came out and he spread it over her nipples. "I've fantasized about doing this so many times I've lost count," he told her as he lowered his head and took her nipple into his warm mouth.

She moaned in approval as he continued pleasuring her for a long time. After he was done with her breasts, he kneeled between her legs and looked at her. "Open yourself up for me, love."

She was a bit surprised by his request and blushed madly as her hands moved down her body to her smooth feminine lips and spread them apart with trembling fingers.

He noticed her nervousness and looked up at her. "I'm not going to hurt you," he promised her.

"I know."

"Don't you trust me?"

"With my life."

"Then let me pleasure you. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're lovely."

She smiled at him and blew him a kiss. He grinned back as he pretended to catch the kiss with his hand and pressed it to his heart. He then took another chocolate from the box, this one filled with a silky, velvety chocolate cream and spread it over her clit, making her shudder as he used his fingers to get a good coating on her.

It was by sheer strength alone that she did not come at the first touch of his tongue on her. He lapped at her hungrily, using his mouth to heighten her passion. It seemed like she came too soon, but before she finished riding the wave of pleasure he moved between her legs and entered her in one swift move. She cried out his name and he lost his mind.

He moved in and out of her in perfect rhythm and she matched him thrust by thrust, fingernails clawing at his back as she called his name over and over, making him crazy with need. When she came for a second time, he felt her inner walls close around him and he lost his self-control battle. It was sheer heaven.

He lay panting on top of her for a moment, and then turned on his back, bringing her with him.

"You are a wicked man, Mr. Potter. Had I known what those chocolates would be used for, I would have brought you several more boxes."

"I'll call Draco later and have him send us some more. I'm sure he won't mind."

"No, he won't. He's probably done the same a time or two in his life."

"There's a visual," he said good-naturedly.

Hermione giggled against his chest and his arms tightened around her.

"Did you just giggle, Ms. Granger?"

She could not help doing it again. It felt so good. "I guess I am giggling like some silly teenager!"

"I'm sending you to Paris more often if this is the effect Draco has on you."

"I don't think that will be necessary anymore. I'm with you now and that is sufficient to me."

"Do you mean that?"

"Yes, Harry. I don't want you to think Draco is the only person that can reach me when I get down. I really think it works because he ignores my nonsense and makes me have fun whether I want to or not. He is not afraid of bossing me around or telling me off when I need to be put in my place. I think we're close because of that."

"So you're saying I shouldn't be afraid to say what I think or act on my impulses when it comes to you," he said wanting to make sure he understood right.

"Exactly. I want you to speak up and not try to protect me so much. I need you to tell me to shut up and listen every now and then. I need you to love me just as I am, stubborn streak and all. But most of all, I need you to treat me as your equal, not some porcelain doll that needs protecting from her man."

"Is that what I am, Hermione, your man?"

"If you want to be. And I want to be your woman, and love you as such, and be treated as such, for as long as you'll have me."

"Even if I want you at my side for the rest of my life?"

"Especially then. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with than you, Harry."

"You're going to have to be patient with me as I learn how to deal with situations better, love."

"And I need to learn to rely on you more as well. But that's what we have the rest of our lives for, darling man."

"I do love you, Mione. More than I thought was possible to love another human being."

"I love you, too. You make me feel complete and happy."

"There's something I want to ask you."

"What is it darling?"

"Do you think you'll marry me someday?"

Hermione raised her head and looked down at him. "Is that a proposal?"

"It can be if you want. I don't want to overstep my bounds here."

"What did we just finish talking about?" she asked him smiling.

His eyes widened at her words. "Oh, right, well…"

Hermione laughed at him and kissed him just because she now had the freedom to do it anytime she felt like it. She finally lifted her head when the need for air made them break apart.

"Hermione, we are getting married later on this year in Paris and that's that. Not one word of protest out of you!" Harry told her smiling into her eyes.

"Oh, Harry, that would be lovely. I like this new macho side of yours."

Harry laughed, he was so happy. His dreams were coming true and he had the love of his life finally at his side.

"Harry?" Hermione said as she nibbled on his neck.

"Yes, love?" he answered distractedly as she continued moving down his chest, leaving open-mouthed kissed in her wake.

"Are there any chocolates left?"

"A few. Why, are you hungry?"

"Famished. For you." Her smile was wicked and so were the things she did to him with what was left of her gift.

~*~

The End.

-->