Unofficial Portkey Archive

It's All Coming Back To Me Now by hphglover
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It's All Coming Back To Me Now

hphglover

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine. Not the song. Not the characters. Only the plot. Damn.

A/N: I've never done a song-fic before, but I was listening to music today and this came to me. I don't know whether you will like it or not, but I think it's sweet. A bit different from my usual style, but I like the end results. I decided to use Celine Dion's song, It's All Coming Back To Me Now. She sings it with a sort of loving desperation I couldn't resist. I love this song. I love her. She has a wonderful voice full of passion and longing. I hope you enjoy it. Listen to the song while you're at it. A bit heart wrenching, but worth it.

IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW

Hermione walked down the quiet street in the direction of Ginny and Draco's home, her gloved hands holding her coat close at her throat. She had been back in London for only a week, and she had not seen her friends in close to two years. Not since her break-up with Harry. Not since that fateful night when her life seemed to end and she lost the one person she loved most in the world. A night that still hunted her dreams and had the power to make her cry. She had moved away to forget him. She had moved away to have a new beginning. She had been a fool. She never stopped loving the green-eyed boy she fell in love with since she was all of eleven years old. And she would probably love him until the day she died.

There were nights when the wind was so cold
That my body froze in bed
If I just listened
to it
Right outside the window

Harry was standing down the street, watching the lone figure as it moved closer. She still had the same walk and it was impossible to mistake her for someone else. He knew she would be attending the annual New Year's Eve party, since Draco had told him ahead of time. Not that he needed a warning. He knew the minute she had landed in London. He had known every one of her moves for the past two years without anyone's knowledge. He was responsible for her job in Paris and he made sure he had contacts there to watch over her. He loved her. He never stopped. And he would still give his life to keep her safe.

There were days when the sun was so cruel
That all the tears turned to dust
And I just knew my eyes w
ere
Drying up forever (forever)

After their break-up, she had taken a job with the Ministry of Magic in Paris and had not looked back. She had not tried to contact him, and he had not tried to contact her. She was sure she would see him tonight. She would have to pretend that she was over him. She would have to pretend that she did not love him still. And she would have to pretend to be happy. It was New Year's Eve after all. And she was Hermione Jane Granger, smartest witch of her generation, after all. Who would suspect that such a brilliant person would crumble inside at the thought of seeing him again? If only they knew…

I finished crying in the instant that you left
And I can't remember where or when or how
And I banished every memory you and I had ever made

He was not sure anymore what their last fight had been about. They had been under a lot of stress at the time and he had wanted to over-protect her. Hermione would have none of it. She stubbornly refused to be taken care of and wanted to fight front and center with him. They were both Aurors and they were both highly trained and could battle anyone without blinking an eye. While he had no qualms about being in the line of fire, he wanted her behind a desk. His stubbornness had finally gotten him his wish, but he had lost her at the same time.

He watched her, his gaze roaming over her hungrily, his heart beating so fast he felt as if it would break free of his chest at any moment. He took a few calming breaths before stepping out of the shadows and facing her head on.

Hermione, as if sensing his presence, looked up and stopped walking a few feet from where he stood. Neither said a word as their hungry eyes took every detail of the other. Hearts beat faster, breaths came out in cloudy puffs, eyes finally connecting and holding for the first time in two years. Without giving her a chance to bolt, he closed the distance between them and hugged her.

But when you touch me like this
And you hold me like that
I just have to admit
That it's all coming back to me

Harry's heart felt like it would explode from emotion. To have her back in his arms was all he had wished for the entire time she had been away. There had been no one else for him during that time. He never thought she would be gone for so long. He never thought he would miss her as much as he had. It had been like a part of him had been missing for so long and now it was finally back. He felt complete for the first time since she had walked away without a backward glance.

When I touch you like this
And I hold you like that
It's so hard to believe but
It's all coming back to me
(it's all coming back, it's all coming back to me
now)

She held herself still, unable to believe it was really happening. She was once again in his arms. It all came rushing back to her. His smile and his contagious laughter. His kisses and his caresses. She could not help it. She could not stop the memories from inundating her mind. Without realizing it, her arms went around his neck and she held on for dear life, tears running down her face. Of happiness or sadness, she was not sure.


There were moments of gold
And there were flashes of light
There were things I'd never do again
But then they'd always seemed right
There were nights of endless pleasure
It was more than any laws allow
Baby
, baby

Who would have thought that after so long it would end like this? Not a word was exchanged. Nor a look. It was as if their bodies had a mind of their own and had taken over. Hermione hugged him just as hard as he was hugging her. Without their knowledge, a curtain moved back into place inside the house.


If I kiss you like this

Harry moved back a bit and looked down at her. She noticed for the first time that he was crying as well. He lowered his head and captured her mouth in a kiss. She responded. They had no control over their emotions or actions at that point. He kissed her for a long time, forgetting why they had been mad at each other to begin with. Time was erased. What was lost was once again found.

And if you whisper like that

"I'm so sorry, Mione" he whispered once he lifted his head several minutes later.

"Me, too, Harry. Me, too."

He kissed her again. He couldn't help it. She couldn't stop him. It was all coming back to them. Their love would not be denied again.

It was lost long ago
But it's all coming back to me
If you want me like this
And if you need me like that
It was dead long ago
But it's all coming back to me
It's so hard to resist
And it's all coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to
me now
But it's all coming back

His hands roamed over her body trying to get closer to her warmth. She managed to unbutton his coat and burrowed closer to his chest. Memories of their long ago passion pressed forward in their mind. He'd never been able to erase the taste of her body from his lips. She had never gotten the scent of his body out of her mind.


There were those empty threats and hollow lies
And whenever you tried to hurt me
I just hurt you even worse
And so much deeper

Their rows had been bad. He wanted to be the man and protect his woman. She wanted to be a woman equal to her man. They loved too hard. Their passion was too strong. Their tempers had gotten the best of them and their love had been put on the sideline. Pride and self-righteousness had come first and foremost. Passion was secondary and humility all but forgotten.


There were hours that just went on for days
When alone at last we'd count up all the chances
That were lost to us forever

He wondered why he had been so stubborn, but it was all due to the love he felt. She wondered why she couldn't be more understanding, but she had wanted to be his equal. Both had been wrong. Both had been stubborn. Both had lost. Both had paid the price.

But you were history with the slamming of the door
And I made myself so strong again somehow
And I never wasted any of my time on you since then

Both had pretended to move on. Both had faked to be over the other. Both had pretended their lives were fulfilling and happy. Both had moved on as if nothing short of catastrophic had happened. Both had been blind and no one had been fooled.

But if I touch you like this
And if you kiss me like that
It was so long ago
But it's all coming back to me
If you touch me like this
And if I kiss you like that
It was gone with the wind
But it's all coming back to me
(it's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now)

But kisses did not lie, and kiss they did. In front of the house full of anxious guests waiting for said pair to finally encounter one another. They kissed because they loved each other. Maybe even more than they had previously thought.


There were moments of gold
And there were flashes of light
There were things we'd never do again
But then they'd always seemed right
There were nights of endless pleasure
It was more than all your laws allow
Baby, baby, baby

"I love you, Mione. I never stopped."

"I love you, too, Harry. My heart has always been yours."


When you touch me like this
And when you hold me like that
It was gone with the wind
But it's all coming back to me
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
Then we see what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now

"I was a fool to let you go," he whispered desperately against her lips.

"And I was a fool for leaving and not fighting for our love."

"I'm never letting you go again."

"I wasn't planning on going back. I'm home now."


If you forgive me all this
If I forgive you all that
We forgive and forget
And it's all coming back to me

"Please forgive this idiot that loves you more than life itself," he said getting lost in her eyes.

"I'll forgive you if you forgive me as well," she promised.

"There's nothing to forgive. I should have trusted you and your capabilities as an equal."

"And I should have understood your need to keep me safe and out of harms way."


When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
We see just what we wa
nt to see
All coming back to me

He kissed her again, holding her tenderly against his body and thanking the heavens for bringing her back to him on such a special night. She did the same. Both grateful for the second chance. Both aware of how lucky they were. Both holding on to the other with promises of a future together. Both forgetting the past.

The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall but
it's all coming back to me now

He had not forgotten how to kiss her and make her knees turn to mush. She had not forgotten how to kiss him and make him weak and lightheaded. She knew just where to touch him. He knew just were to touch her. It was all coming back to them. Every kiss brought them closer. Every caress erased the pain of the past.


(it's all coming back to me now)
And when you kiss me like this
(it's all coming back to me now)
And when I touch you like that
(it's all coming back to me now)
If you do it like this
(it's all coming back to me now)
And if we...

They had tried to forget to no avail. They had tried to move on without success. They had tried to hate each other, but their hearts did not recognize such an emotion. Instead, their love had lain dormant until tonight. Once again, the gates had burst open and there was nothing they could do to stop the rush of feelings that assaulted them. Neither tried. They had learned their lesson well.

A burst of applause and cheers finally broke them apart. Arms still around each other they turned in unison and stared up at their friends, all gathered at the front steps watching the lovers reunion with happiness and relief etched on their faces.

Draco had a hand around his wife, Ginny, while she cradled their baby daughter lovingly in her arms. Ron had his arms around Luna's waist, hand laying lovingly and protectively over her big belly. The twins and their respective girlfriends cheered them on. Seamus and Lavender were also there. As well as Neville, Padma, Dean and Parvati.

Harry could not help but smile up at them as he took Hermione's hand and started walking up the steps. Once they reached their friends, they were enveloped in a huge, loving hug. As they all hugged and kissed, the clock stroked twelve.

A new year was beginning. New dreams would be forged. New lives would come into their world. Love had been re-born. Friends had been reunited. It was all falling back into place. It was all coming back to them now.

The end.

-->