Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Fiancé Game by harry_mione_love
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Fiancé Game

harry_mione_love

A/n: I am off of school today and in a writing kind of mood!! That's why I have FOUR, count `em, stories on the updated page! In a few hours maybe it'll be FIVE!! Wow I'm in a good mood today!!

This idea occurred to me LONG ago after an eppie of Boy Meets World. I love that show. Best show ever, really. What's your soap opera name? What could be stranger than Topanga? Lol. Anyways, this story is a nonsense, silly, funny, take on something that could never have happened...but laugh out loud kind of entertainment!!

~*~

"You're kidding-right Ginny?" Hermione looked at her friend strangely.

"Of course I'm not! C'mon, it'll be so much fun," Ginny pouted.

"I'm in!" Ron agreed. "Harry, what'd you say-you wanna play The Fiancé Game?"

"But none of us are engaged," Harry answered, perplexed.

"What does that matter? It's just a game about how well you know your partner. We all know each other well enough...living together for so long, honestly. Please, Harry, I know we can win," Ginny winked.


"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Ron remarked, slinging a free arm around Hermione. "Will you play Hermione?"

Hermione shrugged. "Sure, why not. But, Ron, we are still not together."

"Trust me, I know, I've had enough of your bossiness to last me a life time," Ron rolled his eyes exaggeratingly.

Hermione elbowed him in the stomach and gave a satisfied smirk.

"If she will, I will," Harry glanced at Hermione.

"Fantastic! You're the best ex- boyfriend ever!" Ginny squealed, clapping. "Now all we need is someone to read the questions..." She searched the room. "Luna..."

"She's searching for..."

"Never mind," Ginny shook her head. "Ah," She said, finding a worthy candidate. "Be right back."

Ginny jumped up and kipped to the teacher's table. "Professor Dumbledore...do you mind if I ask a favor?"

"What is it Miss Weasley?" Dumbledore asked, looking down at her.

"Well," Ginny smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I was wondering if you would come over to our table and play a little game with us."

"What kind of game, Miss Weasley?" Dumbledore asked patiently.

"The Fiancé Game," Ginny replied.

"The Fiancé Game? Are you trying to tell me something, Miss Weasley?" He asked with a nervous glance to Harry.

"OH no," She laughed. "Well, not yet anyways. NO we're just playing for fun. Me and Harry against Ron and Hermione. We need someone to read the questions..."

The old Headmaster though this over a bit. Perhaps it was a waste of time, but he wouldn't deny his students a simple request. Maybe it would bring him a bit of pleasure to his rather gloomy day. "Well..." He hesitated. "I suppose I could."

"Why thank you, Professor. I am most grateful," Ginny smiled and skipped back to her seat, Dumbledore following slowly behind.

Harry sighed when he found Ginny had succeeded in finding help. Now he had to play. "Okay, let's get this over with."

Ginny ignored him and sat next to Harry, across from Ron and Hermione.

"Okay," Dumbledore scanned the directions. "Sit facing the opposite direction of each other." They did. "Now, Harry, Hermione, you'll start with a white board. When I ask a question-you'll write down the answer. Then, after a second, your partner will answer the question verbally-and if you get it right, you get a point. Most points at the end wins."

"Easy," Ron replied.

"It could be..." Hermione sighed. "Where did you get his game anyways?"

"Muggle novelty store in Hogsmeade," Ginny replied offhandedly. "Do go on."

"Okay, first question. Ah, and easy one. What color are your partner's eyes?"

Ginny's eyes lit immediately. "Blue. No...Green. Yes, Green, no...no...I'm sorry...blue. I know it. That's my final answer blue."


"Harry, reveal your board," Dumbledore said amused.

"He shouldn't even have to `reveal his board' its not like his green eyes don't stick out at you. Ginny, they're just like his mothers." Hermione said, about to laugh at her friend.

"That's right," Harry rolled his eyes and erased his board.

"Damnit," Ginny snapped her fingers. "I'm so stupid. I knew that."

"Okay, I got this," Ron said. "Umm...Brown?" Ron answered.

Hermione smiled, happy that Ron at least paid somewhat of attention to her. "Thank god you got that right." She erased her board.

"One point to Ron-Hermione."

"Yes," Ron made a fist pup in the air while Hermione laughed.

"Okay," Dumbledore started. "Next-oh, what's your partner's parents' names?"

"Ah, now that's easy," Ginny yelped. "Lily and James Potter."

"I would've been really worried if you got that wrong," Harry shook his head, not needing to reveal his board again.

"Mr. Weasley?" The Headmaster questioned.

"Uh...Uh..." Ron had clearly no idea. "Um, well-I mean-you'd I, we-uh, uh, Harry... you and I met them last year...they..." Hermione, Harry and Ginny raised their eye brows at him.

"Get on with it," Ginny spoke.

"Um, Suzie...and...Bob?"

"Not even close," Hermione shook her head pitifully.

"It's Vanessa and Andrew Granger, Ron, yes, I swear, we see them every year!" Harry commented.

"Harry's correct, Ronald," She lifted her whiteboard.

"Oh, well, well," Dumbledore said. "Let's...move on. What is your partner's biggest fear?"

Harry didnt chose to write this one down. Hermione wrote slowly.

"Um...Clowns?" Ron guessed.

"Thunderstorms," Harry mouthed right before Hermione unveiled it. Dumbledore did not miss this as the rest did.

"Um...I hate to say this...death?" She asked quietly.

Harry shrugged but when prodded he didnt answer.

"Harry, answer," Ginny said.

"Losing someone he loves," Hermione answered for him softly.

Harry's eyes flickered up to her, and held the gaze.

Everyone was silent. No one knew how to laugh that one off.

"Can we try something?" The professor asked. They all looked at him. "Switch partners," He said. "Harry, go over to Hermione's side and take your board. Hermione, give Ron your board and send him to Ginny's side."

They looked at him skeptically. "But Ron and I are siblings; we should know each other pretty well."


"I don't know, Ginny, there's a lot you may not know about Ron," Harry answered, chuckling.

"Why, Headmaster?" Hermione asked curiously, handing Ron her board.

"Just curiosity," His eyes twinkled. "I'd like to see the answers from different positions."

Harry shrugged and did as he was told, smiling at Hermione before sitting facing away from her. He was happy with being her partner.

"Can I play?" A voice arose.


"Luna?" Ron's eyes bugged out. "I thought you were hunting for snorkacks or what ever those things are..."

"Yes, but now I'm back. I've been watching you play and it looks like fun!" Luna smiled.

Ron smiled back at her. The trio had become close friends with Luna and Ron had taking a liking to her. "Umm...well, Harry and Hermione are now partners and..."

"You can take my place, Luna," Ginny grinned slyly, figuring this was an easy way to set Harry and Hermione up. "I have no interest in playing with my brother."

"Yay!" Luna smiled, sitting next to Ron.

"This should be interesting," Harry whispered in Hermione's ear and she giggled.

The group gave a collective nod. Ginny sighed. "Let's see how far this round gets!" She sat beside Dumbledore and waited for him to start reading again. Now these people had taken over her game! Oh, well, it was going to be fun to watch them. Ever since she and Harry had decided to go their separate ways, the noticed a little more between Hermione and him; Since then, she had been keen on finding a way to get them together, even though she still missed being with Harry...which was why she chose to be his partner in the first place.

"Alright..." Dumbledore started. "What was...or is your partner's favourite subject in school?"

"Too many to name," Harry commented lightly. Ginny laughed.

"Done," Hermione dotted an `I'.

"Ancient Runes," Harry quickly answered.

Hermione smiled and lifted her board. Professor Dumbledore smiled. "Correct. One point. Mr. Weasley?"

Harry and Hermione turned their heads to see Ron and Luna.

"Lunch," Luna answered as a matter-of-factly.


"That's not a subject!" Ginny argued.

"It is to me!" Ron revealed his board. "Yes!" He exclaimed, high-fiving a giggling Luna.

The group shook their heads and laughed.

"Okay," Dumbledore said. "Next…what is your partner's favorite colour?"

Luna started vigorously writing on the board while Ron looked very sure of himself. "Done."


"Purple Pizzazz!" Ron exclaimed.

"That's right!" Luna said. "Yay!"

"Congratulations. One point," Dumbledore said. "Miss Granger?"

"Green," Hermione answered.

"Green?" Harry quirked an eyebrow and turned to face her. "Since when is my favourite colour green?"

"Since…forever," Hermione said.

"Green is not my favourite color," Harry chuckled.

"What is it then?" Hermione asked.

"Blue," Harry answered.

"Since when?" Hermione crossed her arms across her chest challengingly.

"Since I was, like, 12!" Harry exclaimed.

"Ah, ha!" She pointed at him. "But before that it was green, wasn't it!"

"NO!" He shook his head, laughing at her.

"Guys! Relax, it was one question! Quit flirting." Ginny laughed. "Get over it, you don't get a point."

Harry turned around and chuckled. "Green…"


"I swear, Harry James that was your favourite!" Hermione said.


"SH!" Ginny silenced them.

"Let's move on, now," the old Professor said. "What is your partner's favourite book?"

"Hogwarts, A History," Harry answered before Hermione could touch the marker to the board.

"He's right," Hermione shook her head.

"Of course," Ron said. "Anyone could answer that one correctly."

"Miss Lovegood?"

"Quidditch: Through the Ages," Luna answered.

Ron lifted his board. "Correct…"

"One point to Ron-Luna."

They continued on, asking questions. It was the last question, and Ron and Luna were only down by one. They had gotten to the card that said to ask one personal question for the partners. Dumbledore, with Ginny's input, of course, asked if they knew what the first magical accident each had had as a child. Harry knew Hermione's, but Luna had forgotten Ron's. There was only one other they missed; it was because Luna changed her favourite fruit yesterday from banana to strawberries. She said something about a tragic accident.

"Last one," Dumbledore nodded. "Now, let's remember. If Luna and Ron answer this correctly, and Harry and Hermione answer this wrong, they tie. If Harry and Hermione get it right, they win. If Harry and Hermione get it right or Luna and Ron get it wrong, Harry and Hermione win. Either way, the game ends at this question." They all nodded. "Okay, what is your partner's favourite…fish?"


"Salmon," Harry answered, unsure.

Hermione sighed and turned, holding her board. "I don't like fish anymore."

"What? Since…?"

"Last week. I ate one that…moved…" Hermione made a face.

"Ew," Ginny grimaced.

"Yeah, ew," Harry grimaced, too.

"Okay, so no point to you. Alright, Miss Lovegood…your turn. This could tie it or lose it for you. Miss Lovegood?" Dumbledore questioned.

Luna grinned, an excited look on her face as she leaned forward. "Penguin."

"Miss. Lovegood, I don't think you understand…" the Professor started.

Ron shook his head, revealing his board which said Penguin. "BAM!"

"That's right, I know my man!!" Luna exclaimed. Everyone had a look of surprise on their faces.

"Alright, it's a tie!" Ginny threw her hands up.

Dumbledore shook his head. "I told you this switching partner's thing would work out."

"I guess," Ron grinned. "Luna and I owned. But Hermione and Harry are kind of freaky-they know too much. Not only did they know the answers, but they also had long explanations to go with half of them. Luna and I were just straight to the point."

"As expected," Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Well now, I must return to my boring Saturday in my locker. Thank you for the amusement though. I'll be seeing you."

After he left, Hermione turned to Ginny. "Well, I guess this was kind of fun."

"I told you so," She shrugged.

"Yeah, you were right," Harry replied.

"As usual," Ginny grinned, jumping up to see another friend who was waving her over.

"I have homework to do," Hermione announced, noticing the dreamy eyed way Luna was staring at Ron. "And so do you, Harry."

"I do?" She asked as she dragged him by the arm from the table.

~*~

"I guess we know a lot about each other," Harry said to her, sitting on the couch, leaning into a book while he sat back watching her carefully.

"I guess we do," She murmured.

"What does that mean?" Harry asked.

"That we've been friends for 7 years," Hermione commented quietly.

"Yes, but…"

"Harry, I'm trying to read," She looked back at him.

"Can't you stop reading for like, ten seconds?" He asked her, pulling onto her arm.

She narrowed her eyes, taking it as an insult.

"I didn't mean it like that," Harry sighed. "Hermione," he ran his free hand through his hair.

"What?" She asked, resting her head in her elbow on the top of the couch.

"I've been thinking…" He started. "We've been friends for a while…"

"Yes."

"And we know a lot about each other…"

"Everything."

"Hermione, I think…I think I'm…I think I'm in love with you," Harry confessed.

"What?" Her head slipped out of her chin and looked startled.

"I…I don't know…I mean, I've never been in love with anyone before, but…I've never felt this way before. I love you, Hermione…I've known it for a long time," Harry finished.

Hermione had tears in her eyes now. "I…"

"I know that you don't feel that way…"

"Who said that?" Hermione asked.


"What?" Harry asked.

"Who said I didn't love you…or think I love you…You…you're the most important person in my life." Hermione answered.

"You're the most important person in my life, too," Harry said. "I'd do anything for you."

"I do love you," Hermione said. "Very much," She said, lying back against him, yawning.

"Very much," Harry murmured against her hair.

She sighed, snuggling against him. "I think we should've won."

"If only you'd known my favorite color was blue," He murmured.

"It was green," She protested, quietly.

"Blue…"


~*~

A/n: Okay that was gay. I'm sorry. Lol.

-->