Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N You know, I'm not really a crossover author. Yet, the last several fanfictions I've written have all been crossovers of some sort. Maybe I should try to break the habit. Well, if I ever do write another fanfiction, it most certainly won't be a crossover. It'll be an AU.

Chapter 30: 'Til All Are One

For an event that had been billed as the 'Wedding of the Century', the actual event was a small affair. One year after the events involving the Cybertronians, the wedding of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger was being held on the grounds of Hogwarts a bit of a distance from the castle itself. There were very few guests consisting solely of the Weasley family, Hermione's parents, a few Hogwarts faculty such as McGonagall, Hagrid, and Neville, and a few select others. The only representative of the press attending was Luna Lovegood whom herself was part of the guest list.

The deaths of Minister Kingsley Shaklebolt, a good many of his staff, and a significant portion of the Auror Corps was a huge blow to the magical side of Britain. Still, it wasn't as bad as the way things had been after Voldemort's reign and the new Minister of Magic pledged to continue Kingsley's legacy of rebuilding their world after the terror of the war.

Hogwarts was a different affair all together. The fact that the castle had been so easily penetrated again (albeit by alien robots this time) was a huge blow to the reputation of the school. An inquiry was made to determine the condition of the castle after the occupation by Decepticon forces. Luckily, despite the deaths of a number of the faculty and staff, no students had been killed. This fact managed to keep the faith on Hogwarts's safety and by mid-November, the school was up and running again.

Severus Snape's portrait received a new frame, placed in the Hogwarts Headmaster's Office alongside the rest of the Headmasters and Headmistresses. Dumbledore's Chocolate Frog Card never displayed Dumbledore's portrait again and Harry strongly suspected that it was in fact Dumbledore's portrait in the Headmaster's office itself. For his part, Dumbledore never said a word on the subject although his eyes did give off an interesting twinkle every time it was mentioned.

Draco Malfoy used the aftermath of the "Abnomalie Affair" to reestablish the Malfoy name. He spent a good portion of his wealth rebuilding damaged buildings, fund charities to care for those whom had suffered in both wars, and organize fundraiser parties as a general morale boost. He also completely overhauled Malfoy Manor's architecture when it was rebuilt, making it more welcoming and accessible or as Ron put it, "party center central".

If there was one thing good that the Decepticons had done, it was rounding up all of the fugitive Death Eaters for Shockwave's experiments. Quite abruptly, the Death Eater threat had been put to an end once and for all. While there was still the possibility of Voldemort fanatics committing terrorist crimes in his name, it was doubtful that the Death Eaters would ever be a credible organization again.

Shortly after the conclusion of the "Abnomalie Affair" Harry was offered the position of Minister of Magic which he politely declined. He instead dedicated most of his resources to reestablishing the Auror Corps. Due to the decimation of their ranks, a good many of the trainees had been appointed full-fledged Aurors including Harry and Ron.

However, as dedicated as Harry was to the Aurors, his true calling came in the form of something else entirely. About a month and a half after the Decepticons had been defeated, Harry called a meeting of the Order of the Phoenix at the rebuilt Burrow. Hermione, Ron, Luna, Ginny, Neville, Hagrid, McGonagall, George, Percy, Bill, Charlie, Arthur, Molly, and even Draco to the surprise of many were amongst those who showed up.

"Albus Dumbledore once told me that the truth is a wonderful and terrible thing," said Harry once everyone had gathered. "The truth that I eventually learned from Albus was indeed complicated tapestry, all hidden under a veil of half-truths and dark secrets. However, while truth can be complicated, it can also be quite simple. Not too long ago, another good friend of mine reminded me of a universal truth: that freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

"The Order of the Phoenix was initially created to counteract the Death Eaters of Voldemort. Thus, when Voldemort was defeated, the Order disbanded. However, the Decepticons showed us that evil doesn't just end with the death of one Dark Lord. Evil is forever present and it is up to the forces of good to fight against it lest it spread. Therefore, I am hereby establishing the Order of the Phoenix as a permanent independent establishment to come together whenever the great threat of evil should ever come forth again to threaten the freedom that is the right of all of us. The Order won't get involved in everyday petty crime and stuff like that, but should another Voldemort or Megatron level threat should arise the Order will rise upon from the ashes like the creature it was named for."

On the day of the wedding Hermione was a radiantly beautiful blushing bride. The couple had opted for simplicity during the ceremony with its very few guests and relatively tiny wedding party. Ron's relationship with Luna was going only steadily enough where he had no qualms filling the role of Best Man. Ginny, on the other hand still felt a tad awkward and had therefore passed the role of Maid of Honor over to Luna. Of course, everybody had to agree that Ted made one very adorable Ring Bearer as did Victoire as a cute little flower girl.

Hagrid was already sobbing hysterically both the ceremony had even began, saying how he had transported little baby Harry to Surrey all those years ago and look at him now. Ginny and Neville had quite a time trying to keep him quiet as the ceremony proceeded.

The vows were exchanged and before the vicar could finish the sentence, "You may kiss the bride," Harry pulled Hermione into a large kiss, bringing out a whoop from George Weasley. As Harry and Hermione kissed, Ron looked over toward Luna and mouthed something to her. Luna smiled and mouthed the words back.

As such, the simple ceremony came to a close. Or it at least seemed simple enough. If there was anything strange about the wedding, it would be the large number of automobiles parked around the seats of the guests as if the Hogwarts grounds were a parking lot rather than the setting of a wedding. Even more unique was there weren't just civilian cars parked there but also specialized automobiles such as a police car, a F-1 racecar, a Hummer ambulance, and a red Peterbilt semi-truck just to name a few.

As an ecstatic Harry and Hermione Potter made their way down the aisle amidst all the rice being thrown, several jets flew by overhead releasing fireworks in their wake. The cars all parted and started driving toward the lake where the couple and the guests were making their way toward the lake.

Once they were out of the general vicinity of the castle, Harry turned toward the cars and said, "Hey guys, thanks for coming."

The cars all transformed revealing that the entire gang was there: Optimus Prime, Prowl, Jazz, Bumblebee, Rodimus, Ratchet, Ironhide, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Springer, Hound, Blurr, and Arcee. Up in the air, the jets Jetfire, Silverbolt, Fireflight, and Skydive flew past once more. Perceptor emerged from the lake and even Grimlock arrived with his Dinobots in tow.

"Hey, always our pleasure man," said Jazz. "It's not every day we get to hang at these Earth culture events."

"It's... unique," said Prowl. "That's all I can really say about it."

"The educational merits are impressive," said Perceptor. "Although, it piques my curiosity as to the reason for such ceremonies to be of relevance. While the one we just partook was of a simple nature, I am under the assumption that most such affairs are of an extravagant nature."

"Eh, if they want to go the simple route let them go the simple route," said Rodimus. "Isn't that right 'Harrimus Prime'?"

Harry cringed and said, "Let's just leave it with 'Harry', OK?" Rodimus grinned, knowing full well that Harry didn't like the nickname he had given him after opening the matrix.

"Thank you for coming everybody," Hermione said sincerely. "I know it wasn't easy to make the time to do so."

"It was our pleasure," said Optimus. "For us, reasons to celebrate are too far apart."

"How are things going on that front?" asked Harry.

Prime looked solemn. "Megatron has been lying low for quite some time now," he said. "It's understandable given how much he lost during the Battle of Hogwarts. But he's still out there rebuilding his forces. He will strike us again."

"And when he does, we're going to be ready for him!" declared Sideswipe.

Mirage looked bored as he said, "Yeah... well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready to head back to Cybertron."

"Agreed," muttered Sunstreaker.

Ron whispered to Luna, "Do we have to invite them to our wedding?"

Luna shrugged and said, "The Spark of Convoy obliges us to do so."

"Yeah, great," muttered Ron. Luna grinned and kissed him which instantly put Ron in a better mood.

"We should be going as well," said Harry. He grinned at Hermione and said, "We've got a honeymoon waiting for us."

Hermione grinned back and said, "Yes, can't wait for that."

"Well then, your royal carriage awaits," said Bumblebee as he transformed into a Camaro. "You two better fasten your seatbelts 'cause it's going to be quite a ride!"

"Don't forget to contact me after you get back Hermione," said Wheeljack. "We still need to go over that Quantum pulse accelerator theory."

"I'll remember that," said Hermione as she stepped inside the Camaro. "And try not to blow yourself up while we're away. Ratchet has his hands full as it is."

"You can say that again," muttered Ratchet.

"Harry," said Prime as he kneeled down in front of them. "I haven't thanked you enough for the aid you gave us while fighting the Decepticons."

"They threatened all of us, we can be quite tough in cases like that," said Harry. "Optimus, if the war ever down come to an end, I want you to know that the Wizarding World, at least my circle of it will be welcome to all of you, the Transformers."

"You have shown to me Harry that you and your kind, like us there's more than meets the eye," said Prime. He offered Harry his index finger. "Til all are one, Harry Potter."

Harry smiled and shook the finger. "Til all are one, Optimus Prime." With those words Harry Potter stepped inside Bumblebee with his new wife, and they drove off into the sunset ready to face whatever direction their lives would now take them. As soon as they were out of sight, Optimus Prime turned to his assembled forces.

"Autobots, transform and roll out!"

The End

A/N That's it! That's the end of this fic! Thank you a million times over for reading this fic. Thank you once again for sticking with to the end. And one last thank you out there to all H/H shippers and their eternal stubbornness. No matter what the 'canon' is, we keep the ship sailing for as long as we're around.