Unofficial Portkey Archive

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own it, otherwise OBHWF would be just a delusion of someone and not canon…

A/N: My response to the challenge "Harry at Hermione's" by vivitribal. The requirements can be found here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=1356&st=0 Please if you read leave me a comment, it takes you few minutes and it makes me happy! *grins*

Helping Hermione Find Her Parents

Chapter Seven: The Talk, And Some More

"What's going on here?"

The two teens sprang apart, guilty expressions mixed with shock on their faces.

"Dad!" Hermione said, blushing scarlet red.

Her mother was few meters behind, and ducked into the house as she couldn't help but grin. Her plan had succeeded, just like she had predicted.

"Hermione, go inside" Roger commanded, and she knew it was better not to argue with him at the moment, so she left and went to change in her room.

"So" her father started after she had disappeared inside.

Harry gulped. This was going to be bad.

"Harry, I want you to know that I like you" Roger started, sitting on a nearby chair.

"Thanks sir" Harry nervously replied. Roger just smiled.

"But" he continued, his eyes flashing dangerously, "if you were by any chance to hurt Hermione, I'll come after you, magic or not, and you can bet it won't be nice" he growled.

"Is that clear?" her father asked then, looking at Harry

He gulped again and nodded.

"Very well then" Roger grinned. Harry felt relief flow through him.

"You mean you're ok with me and Hermione dating?" he asked, just to be sure.

"As long as you make her happy, yes" Roger smiled. "And, I'd say you were definitely making her happy some minutes ago" he joked then, with a grin. Harry grinned back. "She makes me happy too" he said, and Roger nodded.

Now, what about going to see a nice rugby match?" Roger suggested. "There's nothing better than that to release tension. A good beer in hand and we're going to have a blast"

So they did, while Hermione was in her room, reading a book, but not really concentrating on it. She kept imagining what her father might have told to Harry, when she heard a soft knock on her door.

"Come in" she said, and turned to see her mother in the doorway.

"Care to have some girl talk?" Ellen winked, and Hermione grinned, nodding.

"I'm worried about what Dad might tell him" she started, and Ellen patted her back.

"No need to. I've just proceeded to tell your father that he will be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the summer if he scares him away from you after all the effort I put in you two hooking up" she said with a mischievous smile.

"Mum, you're great" Hermione said, hugging her.

Later that night, after dinner, Harry and Hermione went to the cinema. As they walked hand in hand, he couldn't help wonder what he ever did to deserve such a wonderful girlfriend, and pulled her close.

They were going to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End".

"You'll like it, for sure" she said. "And, we might watch the other two at home tomorrow, as I have the DVDs"

"Sounds great" he grinned, purchasing the tickets and some popcorn.

He had to admit Hermione was right. The movie was great, but even better was to have her on his side. While walking back home, they stopped to have an ice-cream, and you could see in their eyes that they were enjoying every minute of being so carefree.

Seven years of adventures, perils, and death had taken their toll on them, but now it was the moment for happiness, and a bit of fun, before they started their lives as adults.

When the moment came to go to sleep, they knew they would be forced to be apart, and the thought never appealed them. But, as Hermione was brushing her teeth, in just her nightgown, Harry happened to step into the bathroom, and seeing her like that, her parents or not, he just had to snog her.

"You're crazy" she murmured against his lips, caressing his cheek, after they broke apart for lack of air. "If my father sees us he will shred you to pieces, you know that, right?"

"Nah" he shrugged. "He promised he will shred me to pieces only if I hurt you" he boyishly grinned, and she giggled.

"Well, I'll let you get changed" she said.

"What? You mean you're not going to stick around to see me in just my underwear?" he said with mock shock, feigning to be mortally wounded by that.

"Prat" she laughed

"But you love me for it" he cheekily retorted, pulling her close again, nuzzling her neck. She could feel her knees go weak, but found the strength to push him away gently.

"You want to be able to stay here, right?" she reminded him. He nodded. "Then behave" she grinned, before pecking him on the lips and leaving, for real this time.

Next morning, Ellen sent them to buy some things, namely some vegetables, beer, and other things they needed.

As they browsed the supermarket searching for what they needed, Harry couldn't help imagining himself in some years doing the same with her for their own house and family.

"I wonder how many kids she would like to have" he daydreamed, and Hermione had to nudge him on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Sorry" he sheepishly said.

"No problem" she smiled, and went to pick up something on the shelves. As she stretched to reach the box she needed, which was placed on the higher shelf of that row, Harry almost groaned.

"She really has a nice bum" he fleetingly thought, trying not to gawk too openly at her but finding it difficult.

On the walk back to the house, he was silent, as he was wondering how could he have missed Hermione becoming so feminine and attractive through the years. Ok, they usually wore school robes, but he didn't ever notice her being this damn right sexy during the summers they passed together.

"Maybe because we passed them with the Weasleys and the Order and she couldn't let herself dress in this way" he guessed.

"Something on your mind?" she asked

"Nothing important" he reassured her. "Just wondering how could have I missed you becoming so beautiful through the years" he said, making her blush.

"Smooth talker" she whispered, and he chuckled.

When they entered the house, Ellen had already prepared lunch, so they joined her parents in the kitchen to eat. The four of them chatted through the meal, and Ellen asked Harry what he wanted to do in the future.

"I don't really know. A couple years ago I'd have liked to be an Auror, a sort of Wizarding police, searching for Dark Wizards, but I kind of feel I've seen my fair share of darkness through the years" he said.

"You could always be in the Magical Law Enforcement as some kind of lawyer" Hermione suggested. "So you would have to make the Dark Wizards get their deserved punishment, without being in the field"

"I guess" he said. "But, I think I'd get bored after few months" he chuckled, making everyone laugh.

"No, I need to be in the field. I might just take some months for myself before starting Auror Training though" he decided. "What about you, Hermione?"

"I'd like to be an Healer" she said with a smile.

"Tough job, that one, but I think you're perfectly suited" he complimented her, and it was like they were alone, lost in each other, as their eyes met.

Roger cleared his throat, bringing them back to reality, and both blushed while her parents smiled.

Later that day, they headed for a walk in the park. "Feels good to be outside" she commented, and he just nodded.

Fate wanted that while walking back to her house, they met an old rival of Hermione.

"Granger" she said. "Is it true that you have a boyfriend now?"

Harry was already tired of this people giving Hermione an hard time, so he spoke before the brown haired witch could.

"What do I look like to you?" he said, clearly annoyed.

"You, her boyfriend?" the girl said, before laughing. "Yeah, right" she dismissively said. Then she looked appreciatively at him, licking her lips. "You'd be good for me though"

Harry glared at her, and kissed Hermione with such raw passion, and desire, to almost make her toes curl. She gave as much as she got, battling his tongue fiercely, and moaning from the back of her throat as the kiss grew even more heated.

"No way" they heard the other girl mutter, then they heard the clicking of her heels on the street as she left, but neither wanted to stop the kiss.

When they eventually did, some minutes later, both had swollen lips and a goofy grin on their face, and both were absolutely breathless.

"Merlin, this must have been the best kiss of my life" she giggled as they resumed their walk.

"Same here" he grinned.

That night, not caring for what her parents would say, Hermione invited Harry to sleep in her bed.

"What about your dad?" he warily asked.

"You're scared about him" she teased him, and he stuck his tongue at her.

"You'd be too if you were in my place" he retorted.

"Come on, where's that Gryffindor bravery?" she teased him again with a wink, and he relented. So, after her parents had gone to sleep, he snuck in her room and joined her.

"I was starting to feel lonely" she pouted, and he slid his arms around her waist. "Feeling better now?" he whispered into her ear, making her shiver.

"Much" was her reply before she kissed him.

Once they parted, she snuggled against his chest. "I love you, Harry" she sleepily whispered.

"I love you too, Hermione" he whispered back before setting the alarm early so he could go back to his room in the morning and then falling asleep.

-->