Unofficial Portkey Archive

From London to Chicago by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: Enjoy the chapter! All I have to say is I'm recovering from food poisoning and it's not fun not having to eat anything in the last two days. : l Give me lots of reviews to keep me busy!

Chapter Eight: Nice and Slow

---

Hermione rubbed her eyes as she made her way down the hallway towards her kitchen. She opened up her eyes a little and noticed something moving around in the kitchen. She stopped walking but then the scent of coffee freshly made filled the air. She looked really confused and quietly stepped in.

Harry was standing there filling two cups of coffee into mugs. Hermione crossed her arms across her chest and made her eye towards him. She had just woken up so she still looked tired. She was wearing her bathrobe and her pajamas still.

She finally came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Harry froze and looked over his shoulder. Hermione had her head resting against his back so she couldn't see if he was looking or not. He smiled at the feeling of her against him.

"Harry, why are you in my house?" she asked groggily against his back.

"Well … I wanted to surprise you in bed, but since you want to take things slow right now I didn't want to scare you. So I came down here and decided to make you breakfast."

"How'd you get in?" she asked again in her same tone.

"I'm a wizard, Hermione."

She felt Harry squirm and felt her head now resting against his chest. She looked up and found his face looking down at her.

"So what'd you make me?" she asked.

"Coffee with a small tickle on the side," Harry said and tickled her side. Hermione laughed a little and tried to keep his hands away from her.

"I think I'll take the coffee," she said smiling.

She patted his chest and walked away, but was tugged back.

Hermione looked over at him and he gave her a look. She looked at him confused and realized what he was meaning. "I'll give you one later."

Harry released her from his grip and Hermione walked over to the table. She found surprisingly her mail all there for her. She sat down and looked through it.

"Harry," she said and looked over at him.

He walked over to her and sat down giving Hermione her mug. Hermione looked at him and raised a letter.

"It's Ron's handwriting."

"Open it then!"

Hermione looked at him and then started opening up the letter. Quickly she took the letter out of the envelope that it was in and unfolded it.

"What does it say?" Harry asked curiously.

Hermione eyes scanned every sentence that he had written and a huge smile came across her face. Harry noticed this and took the note away from her. She looked at him surprised and moved her chair over by him. Harry began to read it and eventually he was smiling too.

"He's coming tomorrow!" she said grinning and tugged at his arm.

Hermione took the note from him again and looked at it. She couldn't stop smiling. Harry looked at her and noticed this made her happy to know Ron was coming back. Hermione folded back up the letter and she got up quickly from her chair.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to write to Mrs. Weasley about this. Of course she'll want to know about her son."

Harry nodded to that and sipped some of his coffee. While Hermione went to fetch some parchment, Harry noticed that she had a stack of papers on the table. He quickly looked over at the door frame and then went over to the papers. He saw on the very top a form already filled out. He started scanning through it and he shrugged.

Hermione came back through the door holding a piece of parchment and an ink set. She froze once she saw what Harry was looking through.

Harry looked up at her and frowned a little. He held up the form.

"Are you serious?" he said softly.

Hermione stayed quiet and Harry looked back down at the form.

"So you found an outlet in Chicago?"

"I meant to tell you last night, but I didn't know if it was going to be confirmed."

"Is it confirmed already?"

Hermione nodded and walked over to the table, setting down the parchment and ink set.

"You know what I'm thinking?" Harry said, looking down at the form.

"What are you thinking?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I think we both need to be packing."

Hermione smiled at him and shook her head. "But Ron's coming in tomorrow!"

"Who said we'd be leaving right away?"

"Wait … are you really coming to Chicago with me?"

"Well, yeah. I'm not letting you go all by yourself. Plus you're going to be needing help getting your things together and the books that you're shipping over there. Then we have to start booking tickets for the plane and - "

Hermione just kissed him gently. Harry was surprised by this but kissed her back without any trouble. She broke away and looked up at his face.

"Why did you do that?" he asked softly.

"Because you care too much about me," she replied back in the same tone.

"Did you just figure that out now?"

Hermione looked down with a smile on her face. "Not really…"

Harry laughed a little and brought her chin back up.

"I'm coming with you to the States. I promised you, remember?"

Hermione nodded and took the form from his hand.

"I already sent it over to the owner. We sealed it last night and he emailed me saying it was all mine. By next week he said I should have it up and running and looking for employees. Louis can handle that part."

"Louis?" Harry asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's nothing to worry about. He's just someone who's like a boss to me. He's helping me run the company."

Hermione put down the form and went back over to her seat. Quickly she opened up the parchment and ink and started writing.

"So have you even started out how you're going to plan all this?" Harry asked sitting back down next to her.

"You mean packing and everything?" she said while writing.

"Well what else am I talking about, Hermione?"

Hermione looked up at Harry and gave him a look.

"If you're so curious, yes I have started out actually," she said looking back down.

"What do you have done so far?"

"I just got my personal belongings packed and I still have to look for a hotel to stay in the meantime when I'm down there."

"Do you know how long?"

"Louis has to call me back and Paula said she'll try to get to him to by today."

"Well let's start looking. We have all day."

-

Harry was staring at the computer screen, scrolling down the hotel sites near Chicago. The whole entire day they had been at it, just like that one time when they were looking for outlets. Hermione was actually taking a nap … on Harry's lap. He had his left arm around her and her head was resting on his shoulder. Every once in awhile he would rub her arm so she would know he was still there whenever she tried to move.

His eyes were starting to get tired and he couldn't keep them open any longer. They had been at it for 7 hours straight. Not even taking a break to relax. Even though it was just 6:00 in the evening, he thought it wouldn't hurt to take a quick one.

He gently rested his head on top of Hermione's and put both of his arms around her. He closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

-

Mrs. Weasley walked over to the stove quickly.

"Arthur, dinner's ready! Ginny, same to you!"

Ginny was lying on the couch fooling around with popping caps. She grew found of them but her mother found it ridiculous how she played with them.

"What's for tonight, Molly?" Arthur asked as she sat down in his normal spot at the table.

"It's your favorite, dear. I was in a good mood," she said slightly surprised.

"Has Ginny been better?" he whispered over to her.

"Only saw her drinking once today."

Ginny finally came to the table and sat herself down next to her father.

"We're having potatoes again?"

"Oh you had them baked last night. These are mashed," Molly said as she sat down.

Ginny rolled her eyes and huge thud was heard. Everyone looked at each other curiously.

"What is that?" Ginny asked pointing to the window.

Arthur and Molly looked over to find a barn owl.

"Looks like we got mail, dear."

Molly got up quickly and let the owl in. It flew onto the table and dropped the letter.

"Does it have a coin bag?" Arthur asked curiously.

"No it doesn't," Ginny said looking at the leg. It immediately flew off.

"It's from Hermione."

Arthur and Ginny watched Molly's eyes and she literally jumped out of her chair, clapping a hand over her mouth.

"Ron's coming tomorrow!"

"Let me see!" Arthur said snatching the letter.

Ginny smiled as well and Molly couldn't stop clapping.

"Oh this involves a lot of cooking for the boy."

"Mum, please, we don't even know if he's going to visit. He hasn't sent us any letters. Only Hermione has gotten letters from him."

"You never know, sweetheart."

-

Hermione felt herself on something soft. She didn't feel no arms around her or anything.
She opened up her eyes slowly and found herself in her room on her bed. She sat up quickly and wondered what happened to Harry. She walked out of her room and saw down the hallway that he was there, clicking the mouse away. She walked over there and stepped into the room.

Harry didn't even notice Hermione walk in. He was still searching for whatever else was needed. He found a couple of good hotels and he wrote them down without booking them. He was now looking at airfare to Chicago. His eyes looked like they were about to close any minute from how tired he was.

Hermione walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Morning," she said softly and Harry looked over at her.

"Morning, love," he responded and she couldn't help but smile.

"How's it going so far?"

"Alright, I guess. Though I feel I'm going to die just sitting here. I was hoping you wouldn't wake up. I wanted you to sleep."

"I'm sorry I fell asleep on you like that. But just looking at you, you need some sleep."

Harry smirked and took off his glasses, rubbing his eyes.

"Come on, enough with the computer. We have tomorrow too."

"Ron's coming in tomorrow," Harry reminded her and she looked at him.

"Don't worry we'll find time. He might even help us out and he'll entertain us with his stories."

Harry stood up and felt Hermione's hand take his. Hermione walked into her bedroom and Harry thought she was mad bringing him in here.

"Are you sure you want me in here?"

Hermione nodded and opened up her closet. She turned on the light and stepped in. Harry watched what she was doing and noticed she was changing. Harry decided to change at least to.

Hermione stepped back out wearing a pajama top and her pajamas and noticed Harry changing. She watched him as he took off his shirt and the muscles that flexed in the back were making her finger tips tingle. She walked over to bed and slid in. Hermione tried not to look at him, but it was useless.

He became frustrated with the belt he was wearing. He couldn't get it off and he knew for sure he didn't want to sleep with it either.

"Need help, Harry?"

He looked over his shoulder and quickly nodded. "If you don't mind because this is driving me insane."

Hermione slid out of bed and went over to him. Harry ran a hand through his hair and watched as she came up to him.

"The belt?" she asked, pointing to it and he nodded.

She moved closer to him and moved her hands around the belt. Hermione saw the problem and she started to take it off. She looked up at him and he looked at her. He remembered her words.

"No funny business, Ms. Granger."

Hermione pulled out the belt and then handed it over to him.

"Funny how you resisted," Harry said softly, holding the belt in his hands.

"I kept my control this time."

"Bet you couldn't keep your control when you saw me changing."

Hermione blushed a little and Harry gently wrapped the belt around her waist, pulling her against him.

"You said you wanted to take it nice and slow," Harry whispered in her ear.

"Does nice and slow mean something like this?" Hermione asked and Harry brought his head around to look at her.

She looked straight into his eyes and slowly started moving him back. Harry felt the bed against him and he sat down. Hermione just kept coming at him. He crawled backwards until he was against the head board.

She crawled on top of him and leaned over to his ear.

"By nice and slow … I meant our relationship … the sex I don't mind if we take it slow."

Harry smirked hearing her words.

"I thought you said it was wrong for us to do that."

"I know you won't hurt me and you told me yourself," she whispered. "But this time I'm curious how you take it nice and slow now that you mentioned it."

Hermione sat back up on him and her hands slowly started to undo the small buttons that were on her pajama top. They ended up going to the middle of her stomach and slowly she pulled it off with no trouble.

Harry sat up and let his hands roam to the mid of her back.

"You want it slow?" he whispered towards her face.

"I want it slow," she responded and grabbed his hands from behind his back. "Even if it torches you."

She pushed him down gently and one of her bra straps slipped off her shoulder.

"Aw, Hermione, you're going to make me die here."

"What am I, worst then Voldemort?"

"In this case yes," he breathed out and his lips finally met hers in a slow, passionate frenzy.

Coming up in Chapter 9:

"Where is he? He said he was suppose to be here at noon"

Hermione looked at her watch she currently had on and noticed it was past noon already.

"Ron should've been here exactly at noon."

"Well I went looking for you and couldn't find you," a voice came up behind them.

Please review!

-->