Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Answer by dontcare89
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Answer

dontcare89

Disclaimer: I'm not JK Rowling, if I were, I wouldn't be posting, I'd be publishing.

Author's Note: This is the answer to my other story, "A Personal Question". I would recommend reading that story first, but whatever floats your boat. This is rated NC17 for the second chapter. Enjoy!

<<~~~**()**~~~>>

Professor McGonagall's voice was merely a slur of sounds in the back of Ginny Weasley's head. Her mind had been floating around for the past few days and she hadn't been able to concentrate on anything. It was the first Friday of March in her seventh year at Hogwarts; meaning all of the important tests had been taken and she already decided on a career, so why did she have to continue her schooling? Besides, her favorite thing about Hogwarts had graduated last year.

"Ms. Weasley? Ms. Weasley!"

Ginny's head snapped up to look at her Professor.

"The bell rang, Ms. Weasley, you are free to go and daydream in peace now," Professor McGonagall chided.

Ginny looked around, the last of the students were racing out the door. Ginny quickly stood up and picked up all of her books before turning to McGonagall.

"Sorry Professor, I've been out of it lately, I'll do better," Ginny promised.

Ginny almost dropped her books at what her Professor said next.

"I know how the teenage mind works," McGonagall smiled at her. "What with day dreaming all the time. Perhaps your grades will improve after those dreams are reached? In which case I hope to see your studies improve next week."

Ginny took a moment to first digest the uncharacteristic smile and then the all-knowing response from her Transfiguration teacher.

"Professor?" Ginny asked with a confused expression.

McGonagall simply replied, "Have a good weekend Ms. Weasley."

After smiling again, McGonagall walked back to her desk and Ginny slowly left the room and made her way to the Gryffindor tower, pondering what the old woman had just said to her.

<<~~~**()**~~~>>

Since Transfiguration was the last class Ginny had on Fridays, she was able to head up to her dorm right after class, which ended at two o'clock.

When she entered her dorm room at the top of the tower, the first thing she saw was her best friend, Sally, reading a book. The second thing she saw was a big brown box sitting on her bed. The third thing she saw was Sally racing to her, grabbing her books, dropping them, and pointing to the box.

"Open it now!" She said excitedly.

By now, Ginny's head was swimming. She raised one hand to her forehead.

"What's in it?"

"I don't know," Sally said in a strained voice. "When I got here twenty minutes ago it was just sitting on your bed, so I stayed here so I can see what's in it! Open it!"

"Okay, okay!" Ginny sat at the head of her bed, facing the box. Sally sat at the foot of the bed, legs tucked underneath her to get a better view.

The box had packing tape across the top with a letter addressed to Ginny. She opened the letter, but it was in a weird handwriting. After having a closer look, Ginny realized that it wasn't in handwriting, but a mechanical print, the kind that was in text books and what Hermione had once mentioned was made by "computers". She read the letter quickly.

Gin-

Please wear this and be in the Entrance Hall by Six-thirty tonight.

I can't wait to see you.

"Who's it from?" Sally gushed.

Ginny handed her the letter without answering. Her mind was racing as she ripped open the box

"It has to be him, right? I mean, who else would it be? But did he really remember? Well he should, that's for sure…Oh my!"

Ginny reached into the box with both arms. When she lifted them, a beautiful green dress appeared. She stood up off of the bed and held the dress against her. Sally gasped.

The dress was the definition of `perfection'. Strapless, the dress started under her arms and didn't stop till it hit the floor. The length was perfect as well as the color. There was ruching along the bodice but started to flow more easily past the hips. The front of the dress was about three inches shorter than the back, so that she would easily be able to walk but still have the back of the dress touch the ground. The fabric was also amazing. It didn't make the dress look stiff at all; instead it looked loose and billowy, yet expensive.

Sally let out a low whistle then said, "Draco knows how to pick'em."

Ginny furrowed her brow. "How do you know it was him?"

Laughter filled the room.

"You're kidding me, right? While you have many admirers, no one would go through this much to ask you out and get rejected. Come on Gin, we all know what day it is too, unless that handy calendar suddenly started lying."

Ginny suppressed a grin and looked sheepishly at her calendar hanging on the wall. The box for that day had been circled many times over in different color highlighters. Inside the circle were only two words: `one year'.

She bit her lip.

"But would he really come back to Hogwarts?"

"You guys haven't seen each other in a while; letters can only do so much. Plus, one year together? Come on, you have to celebrate it!"

Sally was right. The last time Ginny had seen Draco was on Valentine's Day, when he had surprised her by showing up in Hogsmeade during their trip. They've kept their communication steady with constant letters, but like Sally said, it wasn't enough.

"You will help me get ready, won't you? I only have…four hours."

Sally let out another laugh. "Of course I will! Now go take a long shower and we'll get you all ready."

Ginny tried to take a relaxing shower, but she couldn't hold down her excitement. She was going to see him in less than four hours. She imagined his ear-length white blonde hair, the way his lips fell into his lopsided smile when something amused him. The way his eyes burned into hers right before they kissed. It wasn't only physical, though. He could hold a conversation with her for hours, and he never pressured her to do anything she didn't want to. He was perfect, and he chose her.

By the time Ginny had gotten out of the shower and dried off, it was Three-fifteen. Sally had quite obviously not wasted one moment, though, since the vanity was now full of makeup and hair products.

Sally pointed to the chair in front of the vanity. "Sit."

Ginny sat down in her robe as Sally moved to stand behind her, parted her hair to the left, and began to dry the hair with her wand.

"So, what do you think he has planned for tonight?" Sally asked.

Ginny shrugged. She seriously had no idea what Draco was planning; he hadn't mentioned meeting her in his letters.

Sally started twisting Ginny's hair around her wand like a hot curling iron.

"Well," Sally started thoughtfully, "do you think…you know…tonight is the night?"

Ginny knew what she was talking about and she'd be lying if she said that she hadn't thought about it too.

When Ginny didn't answer, Sally tried a different question. "Do you think he'll be expecting anything?"

"Not in that department," Ginny assured her. When she saw Sally's confused expression, she explained.

"Well, he doesn't push me into anything. He's very gentle. It also seems like I have the real say in us being physical too. He may try something, subtly though, and if I tense up or do anything to show that I'm not ready for it, he immediately stops and never makes a big deal over it. He really does treat me amazingly well."

"Well, do you think you'd be ready…you know, to have sex tonight?" Sally asked lightly.

Ginny stared up at her best friend in the mirror and thought about the question.

"Well, I've thought about it quite a lot, that's for sure. And depending where the night takes us…"

She trailed off and bowed her head. She then looked up through her eyelashes and into the mirror at her friend. She bit her bottom lip and tried to suppress a smile. Sally threw her head back laughing.

"Ginny's getting laid tonight!"

She couldn't help but laugh herself. "Sally! Not so loud!"

Sally now bit down on her own lip as she finished Ginny's curls. She then gathered the hair to the back of Ginny's head and tied it in a loose elastic band to keep it out of her friend's face while she did her makeup.

She started with some light eyeliner and silver eye shadow as she carefully formed her next question.

Ginny could see her friend look at her with a worried expression. "Something you wanna say?"

"Well…I dunno how to ask this Gin, but we all know about Draco's past sex life. I mean, everyone at Hogwarts knows…so how do you feel about it?"

Ginny closed her eyes (so Sally could apply the eye shadow) and thought about the situation. Yes, she knew that Draco was in no way a virgin. Why, he had lost his virginity probably two years ago. He had told her rough parts of his past "relationships", but she never asked for many details.

"Well," Ginny started thoughtfully, "I wonder more about how other people perceive him and me. I wonder if they think I'm just another easy girl of his. He, on the other hand, is very concerned about how I feel about his past, well…sexual experiences I guess. He's worried that I'll suddenly turn on him and tell him that I can't be with him, that his actions were vile. Which, I mean, I certainly don't back sleeping with random girls. But his past is his past. Whether he enjoyed those girls or not, it's none of my business. But now, he's my boyfriend, and I know he hasn't slept with anyone the entire year we've been dating because I trust him."

Sally smiled as she added some mascara and lip gloss to Ginny's already beautiful face.

"I just hope I'm right in trusting him," Ginny added quietly.

Sally took a step back to look at her finished work and nodded, "I'm sure you are."

For the next half and hour, the girls gossiped about random things while Sally painted Ginny's finger and toe nails a metallic silver color. With only a half an hour left, the girls ran around in a frenzy trying to finish Ginny up.

"First things first," Sally stated authoritatively as she opened one of Ginny's drawers. "Underwear."

"Well, obviously a strapless bra," Ginny said as she lifted a black satin bra out of the drawer and threw it on her bed.

"Hmm, what about the panties?" Sally wondered out loud. "A thong might be asking for it a bit too much, yet granny panties…ugh, let's not go there."

Ginny laughed. "I think I have this covered." She pulled out a pair or low-cut panties. Covering the entire crotch area and rising vertically to the top of the panties was a wide stripe of green fabric. On either side of that were wide stripes of silver lace. On either side of those were again wide stripes of green fabric. The pattern continued till the entire panty was complete.

"Draco loves to see me in his school colors, hence the dress," Ginny explained as she tossed the panties onto the bed next to the green dress. "Something about bringing out the bad girl in me."

Sally laughed as she made her way to the bathroom to give Ginny some privacy while she changed. When Sally returned, Ginny already had her underwear and dress on. Sally walked up and zipped up the back of the dress before plopping down on Ginny's bed to get a better look.

Ginny was absolutely stunning. Her red hair looked perfect with the color of the dress and the dress itself hung amazingly on her. For some reason, though, she was pouting.

"I don't have any shoes for this!" Ginny exclaimed worriedly.

Sally smirked, "He thinks of everything." She pulled a pair of silver, strappy stilettos from the brown box.

Ginny let out a sigh. "He's trying to kill me, isn't he?"

Sally laughed. "Well, on a different topic, what jewelry are you wearing?"

"Oh, I have that already. I'm wearing the pieces he bought me."

Ginny walked over to her dresser and opened the top drawer. She reached to the back of the drawer and retrieved two jewelry boxes that contained her "good" jewelry, aka what Draco gave her.

One box held a necklace; made of white gold and with clusters of diamonds all over. Draco had presented her with this expensive necklace on her birthday, and while she tried to fight him, he made sure she kept it. In the second box were diamond earring studs which matched perfectly with the necklace. When he gave them to her last Christmas, she nearly fainted, not expecting something just as spectacular as the last gift. Ginny picked up the necklace a smiled.

"Hey! Cinderella! It's six twenty-five!" Sally said as she broke Ginny out of her reverie. Sally took the necklace from her and clasped it around her neck. Ginny quickly put the earrings on, though it took longer than usual because her hands were starting to shake. Sally removed the elastic that was in Ginny's hair and ran her fingers through the curls. She tucked both sides of Ginny's hair behind her ears, and then pulled the hair from the back to the front so that it fell over her shoulders.

When Sally was done rearranging her hair, Ginny sat down on the edge of her bed. Sally helped her get the stilettos on and then held her hands as Ginny pulled herself up. She shook her head again.

"Remember," Sally said helpfully. "Little steps and just calm down." Ginny nodded.

"One more thing," Sally said as she crossed the room to her own set of drawers. She pulled one out and presented Ginny with a formal silver hand bag. Sally grabbed the lip gloss and mascara from the vanity and tossed them into the bag. She then picked up Ginny's wand, put a shrinking spell on it, and placed it in the bag. After handing Ginny the bag, adjusting the dress a bit, and fluffing up Ginny's hair, Sally took a step back and brought her hands to her heart.

"You…are…breathtaking," She then shook her head. "Draco, eat your heart out."

Ginny smirked, "Okay, wish me luck then!"

"You don't need luck, but good luck anyways! Oh, and I expect you back here by Monday, at the latest."

"Monday? What will I be out doing that'll take till Monday?"

"I have no idea but I want full details when you return."

Ginny stepped forward and kissed her best friend on both cheeks. "Thanks for helping me get ready."

"No problem! Now leave before he comes up here looking for you himself!"

Ginny smiled and slowly walked out the room and down the stairs. She was glad it was suppertime, so that she didn't have to see many people as she pranced around the school in her formal garb. Actually, she could barely walk in the heels, so it would be more of a slow float around the school. The few people that were not in the Great Hall gave her a strange look before complimenting her wardrobe.

Ginny stopped right outside the Entrance Hall. She took a few deep breaths. How could she be this nervous to see Draco? The one person in the world who made her totally at ease was in the next room. Why was she standing here when she could be in his arms?

She quickly walked into the next room and stopped at the top of the grand staircase.

There he was.

About thirty feet away, leaning sideways against a pillar was Draco. He was smirking up at the hourglasses that tallied the house points (Slytherin was currently in the lead over second-place Gryffindor by sixty points). When he felt eyes on him, he switched his gaze to the beautiful witch waiting for him at the top of the steps.

Ginny was taken aback by how handsome and peaceful Draco looked. When he looked up at her, his white-blonde hair fell into his eyes. His mouth slacked before he caught himself and smiled brilliantly up at her. Pushing himself away from the pillar, he started walking towards her as she started walking down to him. They met at the bottom of the stairs.

After a few moments of silently smiling at each other, Draco broke the silence.

"Hello beautiful," he whispered while leaning forward and leaving a soft kiss on her lips. "You look gorgeous."

Ginny smiled. "You have great taste."

"And you," he brought his lips to her throat. "Taste great."

Ginny grinned up at the far away ceiling. Should they be doing this in school? No. Did if feel good? Hells to the yes. Draco pulled back and his eyes fell to her bare shoulders. He pursed his lips and shrugged out of his dress coat.

"I seem to have forgotten a jacket for you."

He helped her put on the jacket and rolled up one of the sleeves to reveal her hand. Clasping it tightly, they made their way to the grand door.

"Soooooooo…where are we going?"

Draco suppressed a huge grin. "You'll see:"

They walked out into the starry night. With a cool breeze in the air, Ginny was glad she had Draco's warm jacket around her shoulders along with his arm snaked around her waist. As they made their way towards the apparation point right outside of the Hogwarts grounds, Ginny started to get worried.

"Am I allowed to leave the grounds?" she asked unsure.

"We have permission. Either McGonagall is a sap for romance or she really likes you," he smirked.

"You really asked McGonagall if I could leave the grounds for the night?"

"For the entire weekend actually."

"Well, that explains what she said to me."

Draco lifted an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, it was nothing, I was daydreaming in class is all," Ginny uncomfortably shifted her gaze to the ground as they stopped at the apparation point.

Draco faced Ginny and brought her close, staring down, trying to read her face.

"And what were you daydreaming of, pray tell?"

Ginny looked up into his eyes, "You of course. Always you," she paused, "are we going?"

Without another word, Draco swiftly turned, apparating them both will a small `pop'.

<<~~~**()**~~~>>

Author's Note: I hope you liked that! Haha, I'm halfway through with the second chapter, so please review this one! I like all comments, even criticizing ones! I want to learn! Please help me! And I'll post as soon as I can!

-->