Unofficial Portkey Archive

Prince Huff 'n Puff by fallenwitch
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Prince Huff 'n Puff

fallenwitch

Author's Notes: This is the first in my Lost and Found series.

Prince Huff `n Puff

"Malfoy," she said, staring down at him, the tip of her wand in his face, her boot on his chest as he lay sprawled on his back in the middle of the Quidditch field. He stared at her boot soiling his robes and causing an odd ache in his chest. "You're full of shite."

With a shove of her boot, using his throbbing chest as leverage, she spun around and began stalking off toward the castle. Draco rolled over and lunged for her. His hand closed around her right ankle, and she flew face first toward the grassy surface below. When she hit the ground, he yanked her towards him, flipped her over and crawled on top of her protesting body, pinning her against the ground with her wand hand immobilized in his.

"Weasley," he spat out, "calm your arse down and let me explain." She shook her head and closed her eyes, refusing to engage. He sighed and leaned down, his mouth next to her ear, "It was nothing. I swear to you." She stiffened in his arms as he kissed that sweet spot behind her ear, the one that tasted of honey.

"Ginny," he breathed, "let me explain." He kissed her again. "If I let you go, will you at least listen?" She nodded. "Good." He rolled off of her, stood and offered her his hand. She took his hand and pulled herself up, wiping off the grass and dirt from her robes.

"Malfoy," she said, staring at him, "Relashio!" He flew ten feet into the air and landed his back again, skidding to a halt some feet away. "Don't pull that crap on me. Touch me again and I'll hurt you." With that, she spun around and ran back to the castle.

"Fuck." Draco laid there in the cool of the evening air, staring at the silent, star-filled sky and cursing Daphne Greengrass.

----- ----- -----

He stared at her from across the Great Hall, mauling his food, uncaring if every Slytherin saw him or if her jerk of a brother thought he was staring at the sacred trio. She refused to look at him, but he knew she could feel his eyes on her while she sat chatting with Seamus Finnigan, that Irish arse of an idiot.

"Thanks, Draco," she whispered into his ear.

Draco looked up as Daphne helped herself to the empty seat beside him. Groaning, he shoved her plate across the table and as far to the left as he could manage. "Get away from me, Greengrass," he hissed, but it was too late. Ginny had her eye on Daphne the moment she walked into the Great Hall for lunch.

"What's wrong?" she asked, leaning over to grab her plate.

"What's wrong?" he spat out, furious. "Didn't I tell you she would see us? Didn't I?"

"Oh," Daphne glanced across the hall at the Weasley girl. "Did you explain it to her?"

"Explain what? Why I was practically shagging you in the middle of the hallway?" Draco ran a frustrated hand through his immaculate locks. "She didn't wait around for an explanation."

Daphne's eyes fell to her plate. "I see. Let me go and talk to her."

When she rose, Draco reached out and grabbed Daphne by the back of her robes and sat her arse down on the bench where it belonged. "Forget it, Greengrass. Don't talk to her. Don't talk to me. Don't come near either of us. Do you hear me?"

Without waiting for an answer, he shoved his plate full of unrecognizable, mauled food particles aside and stormed out of the Great Hall, black robes billowing behind him.

Daphne jumped up and ran out after him. Zacharias, who had been watching the tense interaction from the Hufflepuff table, rose and went out after the pair.

"Draco!" she called, flying down the hall after Draco, who ignored her and swung down the staircase to the dungeons. "Draco!" she called again as she hurried after him. Moments later, Zacharias ran down the staircase as well.

Latching onto his robes, Daphne brought the angry Malfoy to a halt in the middle of the hallway. "Draco, please!"

"Are you daft, Greengrass? What part of your ear isn't connected to your brain? Leave me alone!"

"Let me do something to make it right between you and the Weasley girl."

"Do you know what you can do? You can stop asking me to shag you in the middle of the hallway. Why the hell you would want that idiot of a Hufflepuff is beyond my comprehension, but leave me out of your problems." Draco shoved Daphne's hand off of his arm. "You got what you wanted. Now leave me the fuck alone. There's nothing more to blackmail me with. She's gone."

Zacharias turned the corner and ran into the fighting pair. Daphne looked up as Zacharias put his arm around her. "Is there a problem, Daph?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "Look, Greengrass, Prince Huff 'n Puff is here to rescue your sorry arse. I'm touched. Take her out of my sight and do everyone a favour here." Draco spun around and stormed off down the hallway.

----- ----- -----

A week later, Draco was striding back to the castle after an evening Quidditch practice. He was alone and bringing up the rear of the group. His royal foul mood repelled all company. As he passed the outer edge of the Quidditch field, he was waylaid by some arsehole and went stumbling, whipping out his wand as he fell.

The tip of his wand was on her throat when he looked up. She pushed his wand aside with one easy motion and crawled on top of him.

"Weasley..." he said before she silenced him with her searing, soft lips on his and her hands in his hair and around his neck. His broom fell out of one hand and his wand out of the other as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight. She kissed him and kissed him until he was senseless with ecstasy.

"I thought you said you would hurt me if I touched you again," he muttered, running his hand up under her shirt. Cursing under his breath, he pulled his hand out and yanked off his Quidditch glove with his teeth before sliding his hand against her creamy, warm skin, exploring all the places he loved best.

"I know."

He stared at her. "Who was it, Greengrass or Huff 'n Puff?"

"Zacharias told me."

Draco snorted, pulled her closer and buried his face in the nape of her delicious neck, surrounding himself with her scent and her warmth and her laughter bubbling up beneath him.

"Ginny?"

"Yes?"

"Hurt me some more," he whispered.

- Fin -

-->