Unofficial Portkey Archive

Final Offer by yomoedmb
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Final Offer

yomoedmb

A sad face looking back at her would be a welcome experience for once. It contradicted her wishes by smiling up at her. She had no idea who was dumb enough to make a smiley face be the barer of this horrific news. The plastic stick officially ruining her life fell to the floor as her big brown eyes stared at it in shock. Her foot slammed down on the evidence, and tiny pieces of plastic shot around the Muggle bathroom, some hitting off the stall door as others hit the walls across the empty room.

Her head fell to her hands as she sobbed at the results. They weren't happy tears, nor were they even sad. They were terrified of what was to come when her secret got out. She opened her eyes to see the smiley face staring ominously up at her through tear blurred eyes, just screaming up at her that Ginevra Weasley Potter was standing in deep, smiling faced shit.

Carefully placing her foot on the biggest irony of her life that was staring up at her, she stood from the toilet to adjust her clothing. Opening the stall door to the unclean Muggle bathroom placed in a petrol station, she swiped her eyes. The mirror reflected back at her showing a fiery mane of hair cascading down her shoulders and arms. Even with recent sobs wracking her body only a few splotches of red were found on her face.

"It's a Muggle test, it's not foolproof," she tried to console her reflection. It didn't believe her forced words as it stared back at her with an unwavering grimace. "Hopefully, it will look more like me than him."

Quickly casting a glamour charm on her face, she sighed resolutely at the results and walked out the door. The bright sun pelted her as she walked to an alley that she could safely Apparate. London seemed to be mocking her with the beautiful day they were having. It was uncharacteristic for the sun to be shining so brightly, and unwavering on the March day. Ginny felt that there should be a dark looming cloud over her head instead of the bright sun.

She walked into the more comfortable dark alleyway, and Apparated to the one place she didn't want to return; the place where her condition had been conceived. Ginny landed outside of the elegant high wrought-iron gate hindering her entrance until she placed her hand on the gate, and walked right through it. The hedges loomed over her as she walked past them with white peacocks strutting on top. A rare smile graced her face as she saw the beautiful fountain in front of her that played a great role in the night of romance.

Her hand gracefully trailed the water sitting in the pool around the depiction of two pointy-faced people embracing each other. A house-elf sat at their feet spewing water out of its mouth in a manner of servitude. Tears dropped from her elegantly painted face, and joined the water in the fountain.

"Not much of a socialite, I see," a bored tone observed from behind her.

Ginny looked over her shoulder to see Draco leaning against a post with a fairie light settled on the top. The light shone down on him gracefully casting shadows on his face and illustrated his pointed aristocratic features beautifully. She looked back down into the pool of water and wiped away the tears that were still falling. "Just not in the mood tonight to deal with everyone, I suppose."

He nodded at her response and moved to sit next to her on the fountain. "Astoria loves throwing parties where both sides can come together. Ever since the war ended she's been all about joining good and evil in horrid dress robes."

She was perplexed by how nice he was acting towards her. He never addressed her in public, but she looked around her and realized they were alone. "I think it's better to keep everyone separated," she bit out to form a more secure atmosphere that she connected with Draco.

"I agree. I don't like being around Mudbloods and Blood Traitors. Especially not at stupid stuffy cocktail parties," Draco snapped as he stood back up. "Never have I socialized with righteous Gryffindors before and I don't want to start now."

Ginny watched as he started to walk away, ire filling her blood. She stood to yell, "You're not better than us. If anything you're worse with your horrid attempts at killing Harry, and, as a result, having him save your life."

Draco stopped walking to spin around and pinned Ginny with a glare. "Ah, but he failed at being a hero didn't he? If not for my mother, he would have surely been murdered by the Dark Lord."

"Show me it," Ginny instructed, as she looked at Draco's left forearm her heart beating wildly. Her eyes didn't move as Draco pulled up the sleeve of his finely tailored white shirt to expose the Dark Mark. "That is why you're not better than us. You are just a follower."

He was in her face faster than she thought possible. His breath was haggard with his temper flaring through him. "I am a leader, Potter; I follow no one but do as I wish!"

She dared to laugh in his face. "You do as your father, the puppet master, wishes."

"You know nothing about me," he snarled, grasping her wrists tightly in his hands. Draco backed her up into the hedges lining the walkway. Darkness enveloped them as their breath twisted together finely in the air.

Ginny was quivering at the close vicinity of his body to hers. Her breath eased out hurriedly as he pushed even closer to her. "I know more than you think, Draco. Now do it."

A smirk graced his face before his lips came crashing down on hers. He was hungry, desperate even, to taste her deeper. His tongue dipped into her mouth as his hands groped at her breasts. He wanted nothing more than to feel all of her right there no matter the consequences. His mouth left hers to nip at her neck causing Ginny's breaths to hitch as his teeth grazed the spot where her neck and shoulder met.

Her hands traveled his chest grasping at the clasp of his cloak until it fell to the ground. Quickly, her fingers undid the buckle holding his trousers up and they wandered under the silk material, desperately reaching for something to make her feel better. She bucked when one of Draco's hands moved to lift her skirt up, his thumb lazily grazing her nerves.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. Her hair tossed back with her head as she just enjoyed what was happening. Every movement he made with his hand caused her skin to blush just a little bit more. He wanted all of her, right there. Giving into his desires he moved her hand away from his manhood to move it to her most precious spot. Draco heard her gasp as he approached her entrance, one of her legs wrapped delicately around his waist.

"Don't make a sound," he whispered into her ear, causing Ginny to shiver; she bit her lip as he entered her.

It didn't take long for them to reach their peak together. As their breaths came out quickly, and in rhythm they looked each other in the eyes. Ice penetrated fire, with his morbidly grey eyes trying to seek solace in her warm brown ones.

Ginny was the first to look away as she looked down, and tucked a long piece of stray hair behind her ear. When she looked back up at him, he was trying to place the mask back on his face. She desperately grasped his arm and looked at him pleadingly.

"We have families, Ginny, lives. We can't toss them away for this." He motioned between them, his eyes gradually getting lighter as he spoke.

She bowed her head again, and laughed a mirthless laugh. "I always fall for you, Draco Malfoy. For your smooth word, and the way you boil my blood." Ginny paused to look back up with him, her eyes surprisingly dry. "You're so good at pushing me away."

"We always have our secrets," he spoke with furrowed brows. "It would never work any other way."

Ginny nodded as she stepped away from him with a smile plastered on her face. She smoothed her hands down the emerald green dress robes she wore, and straightened the garments underneath that had gotten pushed out of place. "Until next time." She turned around to make her way back up the elegant steps leading into Malfoy Manor.

Upon entering she was pummeled by her husband and children.

"Alright, Gin?" Harry asked with a thoroughly exhausted two year old in his arms.

"Yeah, just ready to go home," she stated as sweetly as possible. Whatever she did she could not let on to Harry that she had just shagged Malfoy not two minutes before. Ginny reached her elegant petite hand out to James who was rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I've already told the Malfoys goodbye."

Ginny shook her head in an attempt to rid herself of the images of that night. She blushed remembering the feel of Draco's hands on her body. It wasn't the first time they had hooked up spontaneously. Rather, it was a habit that they had been carrying on with for four years.

She had been terribly upset with Harry one night after a proposal that could have been described as anything but romantic. Wandering into a bar on Diagon Alley, Ginny had sat at the counter taking shots of Firewhisky by herself. A man had sat beside her, one that she would recognize minutes later as Draco. They had started their usual banter and with the mixture of alcohol they had voyaged to a room above the bar.

Ginny had become addicted to Draco's lovemaking. It wasn't gentle, but more passionate than anything she had ever felt before. He brought new experiences to her life, pushing the boundaries in every aspect of her life. They began meeting up on weekends when Harry was out of town and Astoria was busy with charities. Not every weekend was filled with kinky sex, involving handcuffs and a Muggle substance called Duct Tape. They would go to Muggle bars to do drunken karaoke together, laughing at their stupidity.

When she became pregnant with James and then Albus, they had to call things off. Right when the mid-witch said that she was good to have sex again they were back to their secret meetings.

This pregnancy was different. She hadn't been intimate with Harry in about two months, but she knew he'd never notice that fact, and Ginny knew that the father was Draco.

She placed her hand on the serpent knocker and let it drop twice. Her mind was racing with how she was going to tell Draco the news and how he would react to an illegitimate baby. She never knew which mood Draco would be in when he saw her. Sometimes, he was the callous child that she went to Hogwarts with and at other times he was caring and sweet to her.

A house elf answered the door and asked what she needed. She eyed the creature uncertainly when she answered that she needed to speak to Draco alone. He was gone in a blink of an eye and a few minutes later the former Slytherin was at the door.

Closing the door quietly he stepped onto the front step with her. "What do you want, Weasley?"

Ginny worried her lip as she thought of the best way to tell him the news. It was hard to keep her pulse under control around him, especially when the situation wasn't a usual one with them. She noticed that Draco was getting impatient and decided to just come out with it. "I'm pregnant."

"Alright, we'll just take a break again like the last time. Is that all you came to me about?" he asked, looking bothered that she came out there just to tell him that.

"It's not like last time, Malfoy," she told him with irritation lacing her words. "This time, it's not Harry's."

"Merlin, Weasley, you can't even have an affair right."

"You're the one that's always been responsible to do the contraception charm!" she yelled indignantly. "Were you in such a hurry to have me that you forgot?"

He kept his face blank as he let the words sink in. "You're telling me it's mine?"

Ginny stomped her foot angrily. "Of course it's yours! I don't sleep with anyone else."

"Shit. Well, we could always terminate the pregnancy."

Ginny stared at him, not believing that he could suggest such a horrid thing so nonchalantly. "I will not get rid of my baby, Malfoy! I'm sorry this is such an inconvenience for you. I just want to be on my balcony, sipping my glass of Firewhisky, and getting completely sloshed right now, but I can't!"

Draco watched as Ginny started to walk back down the stairs. He decided not to let her walk away from it all. "Fine, let's decide what we're going to do." A smirk graced his lips as he saw her slowly turn around at his words.

"You mean it? I don't want any bullshit from you."

"Come in, and we'll talk about it. Astoria is out with Scorpius anyway; she decided that they couldn't just sit around with my money calling them from the vaults," he spoke calmly, pretending this was like any other casual guest he would have over.

No matter how many times she voyaged into his estate, Ginny couldn't get over the beauty of the Manor. There were rumors of its darkness when she was in school, but it was just old fashion that people misinterpreted. She stared at the pale faced paintings staring back at her quietly.

"It could have all been yours," Draco whispered into her ear.

Ginny shivered at his closeness, wanting nothing more than to kiss him at that very minute. She had to shake it off since there were servants around. "No, it couldn't have. It was a great dream to be able to run off together, but it would have never worked," Ginny choked out. It got harder every time he invited her to run off with him to tell him no.

There were no emotions on his face as she slapped him with reality. He dismissed the emotions inside of him, walking into his study. It was covered with dark mahogany everywhere. The spots not covered in the wood were plastered with a moldy green that he refused to fix. He was comforted by the fact that so many generations of Malfoy men stared at the same walls in their times of turmoil.

"Drink?" he asked, walking to the bar set up against the east wall. When he looked up to gauge her silence, he remembered exactly why they were there. "Oh, right, never mind."

"What are we going to do?" Ginny asked, not wanting to waste any more time with mindless chatter. Her fingers shook at the prospect of getting caught, but her mind explored the options. She could easily picture herself on a beach with a small baby in her arms and Draco beaming at them with pride.

"I guess you could have it," Draco answered as he walked to the chair behind his desk. "I do have a property in the South of France where we could go."

She loved the idea and was tired of having to be the reasonable one. "We have children besides this one, Draco. We're just supposed to leave them for a bastard?"

"You put it so eloquently, Ginny."

"What else do you want me to say? We aren't married and can't be together. I might as well raise the baby as Harry's," she fumed with her hands in her hair.

Draco cast his eyes down, wanting to say anything but the words about to come from his mouth. "That's probably best." He paused to take a breath. "For the child, of course." His eyes watched her for any signs of being against the idea, hoping for her to say no.

Ginny nodded at his answer, and dropped her head ashamed at the idea. "Then we've got our answer," she stated quietly, biting her quivering lip to stop tears forming. "I won't bother you again."

He watched her stand, and start to walk out of his study, but he was there. His arms wrapped around her waist and his lips pressed against her neck. He was well aware of the tears falling down her face as she tried to straighten her back in a proud manner. Draco pushed her hair aside to kiss her cheek.

"We can't," she said so quietly he didn't know if the words had been said at all.

He pretended they didn't and kept up ministrations on her neck and face.

Ginny leaned into his kisses until her mind started to wake from the coma he always put her in. She pulled out of his embrace and turned to face him. Placing one conservative kiss on his mouth, she turned towards the front door.

Draco watched her walk away this time, feeling as if his heart was being torn in two different directions. He saw her hand grasp the door handle and turn around to face him. He held his breath as he saw her mouth the word goodbye and then she left his house.

************

Ginny couldn't stop the tears streaming down her face as she was handed her daughter. There was no baby in the world as beautiful as the one in her arms, already showing that she would have red hair like her mother. When she finally opened her eyes Ginny gasped as she recognized the silver orbs staring up at her.

Harry cooed at the baby over Ginny's shoulder, not realizing the color of her eyes as he was so excited she existed.

"Her eyes are beautiful, Gin. It's strange for a baby to not be born with blue eyes. They look like someone's I know, though," he pondered.

She knew he was slow, but didn't guess he'd grasp that quickly to the situation. Thoughts of how he'd retaliate to her betrayal ran through her mind.

"It was someone at school," he continued not realizing that Ginny had tensed up. "Luna, that's who it is, she had those mysterious eyes. We should name her Luna."

Ginny instantly relaxed at his stupidity. "That'd be awkward if she came over to see the baby though."

"Well, she looks like you and my mom. How about Lily Luna then?" he asked, getting excited.

"That's fine, Harry." Ginny answered, starting to get drowsy. "I think I'll sleep now."

Harry started to move to get Lily off of Ginny's chest, but she shook her head no to hold her closer. Instead he leaned in to kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

Ginny started to drift to sleep, but the door opening shook her awake.

"That's her?" a bored tone asked from the entrance.

She nodded as she watched Draco lock the door, and put a silencing charm on the room. "Meet your daughter Lily Luna."

He was completely in awe of the baby's beauty as he walked to the bed to get a closer look. His finger traced her cheek, and he smiled as her little fist grabbed it. "We make beautiful children, Ginny. Maybe we should all run off to some place together. Spain is amazing; we have a house in Alicante."

"That sounds nice, Draco, but we still have other children," she mumbled as her heart clenched in her chest. "I can't leave my other babies."

"Why?" he asked loudly, losing his temper. "You don't love Harry, and I don't love Astoria either. Our children can come see us whenever they want to, but I want to be with you and Lily."

Ginny shook her head in response. "I can't leave Harry with toddlers. He can barely take care of himself." She wished that she could run off with Draco, and leave England behind, but reality won out. "Maybe when they're older it will work out better with carting them around the continent." She kept telling herself to keep calm around him, but it was harder than she cared to admit.

"I can't be around you if I can't be with you," he snapped, and turned to walk out of the room.

After he had shut the door Ginny let herself cry. "I love you, Draco," she whispered into the head of her child. She didn't want to tell herself this was for the best, all she wanted was to fall apart in little pieces.

Lily settled more into Ginny's chest as a little yawn emanated from her mouth. She didn't seem to realize the tense air still settled around the room.

At that moment Ginny felt as if something had left her. A warmth that kept her going, it was the thought of being together with Draco. She realized that this time they wouldn't get back together after the mid-witch released her. She lowered her lips to kiss the top of the baby's head, and smelled her sweet scent. Lily was the only piece of evidence that their relationship had happened, and had been so real.

************

The train whistle blew as they stood on the platform saying goodbye to their boys. Albus was busy prattling to his father about the likelihood of being sorted into Slytherin, as James stood on his tiptoes trying to locate his friends. Lily kept pulling on her mother's hand begging her to let her go to Hogwarts early.

Ginny had tuned Lily out as soon as her eyes landed on a blond haired man bending down to say goodbye to his exact clone. Her breath caught in her throat as she couldn't help but stare for the first time in nine years at Draco. She had avoided the social parties after Lily was born, claiming that she didn't have enough time for trivial excursions. He had sent many letters over the years begging her to reconsider his offer, but she took each one and burned it before she could listen to her now dull heart to accept.

Lily was the child of her dreams. Ever since she had married Harry she wanted a daughter, but thought it was impossible as she had two boys. Now the girl was not only someone she could teach her trickeries to, but the only thing she could hold dear to her wonderful times with Draco. The girl bickered as well as he had, and her grey eyes changed colors with her moods. While her brothers were the perfect Gryffindor boys with their stubborn courage, and mischievous ways, Lily was the model Slytherin. She was very loyal to her family, but was cunning as a snake, squirming her way out of trouble more than thought possible.

Harry had complained that Ginny wasn't paying enough attention to the boys. She was always leaving them at home while Lily and she went shopping. Ginny didn't know how to argue with the accusation since she was aware that it was true, she just couldn't help it. She felt an unbelievable love for her daughter that couldn't compare to her sons. No matter how many times she reminded herself that they were half hers, it disgusted her that they were also half Harry's.

Ginny was pulled out of her thoughts by the tugging her daughter was doing on her hand. "What, Lily? You're not going to Hogwarts."

"No, Mummy, that's not what I wanted, right now." Lily said as she smirked, and pointed down the platform. "That man is looking at you strangely. He looks familiar."

Sure enough Draco was staring at the redheads with a shocked face that looked agonized. He quickly composed himself, so fast that Ginny didn't know if she had imagined that pained expression. He whispered something to his wife, and began walking towards Ginny and Lily.

Ginny was afraid of what would happen if he could reach them. Would she throw herself at him despite the audience or act nonchalant from the numbness he had left swirling around in her? "Sweetie, we have to go." She said to Lily as she looked around to see where Harry had gone off to. She grimaced as she saw him running after the train with Ron by his side shouting tips to their children. "Your father will catch up."

"Mrs. Potter," Draco greeted smoothly from behind them. "And this must be Lily."

Lily spun back around at the stranger that looked vaguely familiar to her. "How do you do?" she asked sweetly, pulling on Ginny's hand to stop her.

Draco smirked at her sickly sweet greeting. "I'm fine, how are you?"

"Mum won't let me go to Hogwarts with my brothers," she said with a sneer so much like her fathers.

"You're too young, but there are only a few more years to go. Am I right?" Draco asked while he bent down to Lily's eye level.

"Two." Lily beamed. "Then I get to get sorted in my house, and play Quidditch for them," she cooed proudly.

Harry had sidled up to them during the conversation, and placed his hand on Ginny's shoulder.

She fought hard to not shrug it off of her as she watched the interaction between Lily and Draco. She wanted to be selfish for once in her life. All she wanted was to watch the connection between Lily and Draco alone, to imagine a life with just them. "We have to get going, Mr. Malfoy," she informed with a bite to her words. There was an inner turmoil inside of her. She wanted so much to stay and watch the magic, but knew that she had to leave with reality.

Draco nodded as he stood back up to look at Harry, and his eyes drifted to Ginny's face. He had missed the way her face reddened when she was uncomfortable, and wanted nothing more than to pull her away from Harry. "I'll see you soon," he stated easily, and then turned around to walk back to his wife who was watching the interaction with interest.

"He's very nice," Lily informed them as they walked back through the barrier into King's Cross. She sneered up at her father as he snorted at her comment. "Very beautiful, too."

Ginny finally shrugged Harry's hand off of her as they walked to a safe place to Apparate from.

When they reached their home Harry was quickly asking questions. "Why would Malfoy want to talk to you?" he asked, acting like it was an offensive thing for Draco to do.

Ginny busied herself with cooking dinner, trying to steady her shaky hands. "He just wanted to meet Lily. We haven't seen his family in a while." She turned her head so that he wouldn't see the blush rising on her face.

"It's not like we're close, Ginny. We just have a truce since the war ended," Harry said, taking a seat at the table to watch her. "I guess we haven't been out to socialize in a while. Why don't we all go out to dinner if you and Malfoy are such good friends?"

She spun around quickly to eye him maliciously, wielding a knife in her hand. "That's not a good idea, Harry. You work so much, and hardly spend time with the family. Now the boys are gone, but Lily still needs you around." Ginny said before she turned back to work on chopping carrots aggressively. "I just like staying at home, and not going to stuffy cocktail parties, why are you pushing this?"

Harry held his hands up defensively. "I'm not pushing anything. I was just making a suggestion until you bit my head off," Harry reasoned, getting up from the table to push his chair in. His eyebrows furrowed at Ginny's back. "Sorry if I offended you."

Ginny waited until Harry left the room to do something besides having a real conversation with his wife, and sighed heavily. Her shoulders hung low, and her eyes drifted closed as she saw Draco's face pictured on the back of eyelids. He had been so beautiful at the train station with pride in his eyes watching their daughter. She opened her eyes, and let the tears drip down.

Quickly she pushed the carrots into the boiling water so they wouldn't get salty from her tears. Ginny was lost, and tired in every way. After nine years of peace from the haunting face of Draco Malfoy, he had to rush back into her life in a matter of minutes. The dreams had finally started to settle down, and she was numb enough to go about her life with only Lily in her eyes.

Her head fell as she hugged her arms around her torso. She was trying to subdue the pain she hadn't felt in a very long time, since she had made the decision to raise Lily as Harry's. Sobs rocked her body as she felt the emotions whirling through her mind. Visions of Lily smiling up at Draco while he went along with her stories flicked in front of her. It wasn't normal for her to have to give up half of her heart not once, but twice in a decade, it just didn't seem fair for someone to hurt that badly.

"Mum?" the angelic voice of her daughter penetrated the depressing thoughts whirling through Ginny's head. "Are you alright?"

Ginny nodded as she sniffled, and wiped her hand under her eyes. She picked up the knife again, and started to cut onions even with her hand shaking considerably. The façade only worked for a few minutes as she dropped the knife, and started crying again.

Lily arms wrapped lithely around Ginny's waist, and she settled her head on her mother's hip. She knew better than to bother her mother too much when she got into these moods. There was nothing that could stop the depression knocking at Ginny's door on those days. Lily cast her grey eyes to look up at her mothers face, and was in awe of how beautiful she still looked. It was as if there was finally some hope poking out of the brown orbs.

Ginny tried to smile through her tears at Lily, but it only made the sobbing worse since she was looking directly into Draco's eyes. There was no way she could make it through that heartbreak again, and she had an inkling that Draco knew that fact too.

As she was scoffing the idea that Draco was breaking her heart on purpose this time, a beautiful eagle owl started pecking at the window. Ginny broke away from her daughter to open the latch, and let the bird in. She took the parchment from the owl, and her breath hitched as she recognized the handwriting. Her shaking fingers opened the seal, and she read the two words written in it: Last Offer. Behind the parchment were two tickets for a train with the destination of a private airport printed on them. On the back of the tickets he had written that he would be there for the train regardless if she and Lily were.

Ginny's eyes wouldn't break off of the beautiful calligraphy that was Draco's handwriting. Pros and cons started feuding in her mind, the first time she had internally fought over leaving her life for another. There was nothing standing in her way anymore. Her boys were older, and off to Hogwarts for most of the year. Besides, they were barely a part of her life anymore since she had Lily. She could finally let a real smile embrace her face as she was held by the man she loved again.

For the first time in nine years she stopped thinking of who she would hurt, and thought of what would make her happy. Didn't she deserve to be happy after so many years of being miserable for the sake of others feelings?

Before she could change her mind she scribbled her answer under Draco's two words, and sent the owl away. She wrapped her arms around the child that was standing in front of her who was giving her a confused look. "We're going to fine, baby," Ginny whispered into Lily's ear. Tears started to fall down her face again, but there was a smile catching each one.

Ginny let go of her daughter, and walked to Lily's room to swiftly wave her wand to pack clothes and close possessions. She walked into her own room to do the same with Harry eyeing her incredulously.

"What on Earth are you doing, Ginny? Have you finally gone mad?" he asked, standing from the armchair in the corner.

Ginny stood taller than she had stood in so long, courage finally sinking into her veins. "We're leaving. Lily is not your daughter, and I don't think it's fair for her not to know her real father. I appreciate you providing us with so much, but it is of no use anymore," she stated, zipping up her suitcase. "I'll owl you about arrangements for the boys when they're back from school. Don't fill their mind with more nonsense, Harry."

Harry followed Ginny out into the entryway with a stunned expression on his face. He spluttered words that couldn't be interpreted until he finally got three words out, his cheeks reddening. "Who's the father?" he demanded.

Ginny's eyes moved down to look Lily, standing at her side, with the same demand in her grey eyes. She felt ashamed that after nine years she had kept the secret from the one person she held dearest to her. Her eyes moved back up to look at Harry with a strain between her eyebrows. "Draco," she whispered through tight lips.

The intake of breath he took at the revelation could have knocked Ginny back against the wall. Before she could let an apology slip through she was interrupted by her daughter.

"That's why he looked so familiar," Lily stated with pride at her observation. "I've been looking in the mirror at him my whole life."

Ginny couldn't help the smile that erupted onto her lips. It was going to be easier than she thought to bring Lily into the new life of being a Malfoy. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She aimed at Lily.

"You're apologizing to her? I've been raising your lovechild all of these years, and you never told me!" Harry exploded. His hands raked through his hair aggressively as he tried hard not to yank it out in anger.

With a final wave of confidence flowing through her, Ginny walked to the door and held it open as Lily walked out. "I thought it was the best for her, Harry. I'm just tired of living for everyone else, and not myself," she told him, and closed the door behind her.

Once they were outside Ginny put her arm around Lily, and Apparated to an alleyway next to the train station. The tickets were for a train leaving in ten minutes. She hadn't realized that it had taken more time to leave the house than she had thought at first. "We have to hurry," Ginny said to Lily, pulling on her hand.

Draco was already sitting on the train in a set of First Class seats. The attendant was smiling at him in her best seductive manner, but it was lost on the blond as he kept his eyes firmly focused on the window. He was waiting for two flashes of red hair to appear in front of him with smiles plastered on their faces. His breath was stammered as he looked at his watch for the third time in that minute. Slowly he started to give away hope that Ginny would give up the comfortable life she had for him.

Ginny was practically dragging Lily through the station to their platform. She kept looking up at the large clocks placed on pillars as she rushed past them. Her eyes finally landed on platform fifteen, and the train settled beside it. To her horror it was moving away from them. "No!" she screamed, as they ran faster. "Please don't do this to me!"

He couldn't help the pain splitting through his chest as the train started to move underneath of him. His head dropped against the pain of glass, letting the coolness of it seep through him. It felt like his whole entire body was becoming numb as his eyes drifted over the empty seats next to him.

"Can I get you anything, sir?" the attendant asked.

Draco sighed, and pinned her with the saddest eyes she had ever seen. "I don't think you could give me what I wanted."

They were running beside the train trying desperately to grab the railings lining the entrance. Lily was silently thanking the many cousins she had to chase around every Sunday at her grandparents, or she would have given up from exhaustion a few minutes before.

Ginny's longer legs were catching up to the train, and she threw a suitcase into the entrance where an attendant was watching the scene with amusement. "I swear to Merlin if you don't help us you'll regret it," Ginny growled at the man. He took in her fiery eyes, and put a hand out to grab Lily first.

Almost there, Ginny thought as she reached towards the man, her hand slipping from his as the sweat cascaded down her body. She took one more deep breath, and extended her arm one more time. This time she was pulled onto the train by a strong hand. A smile graced her face as she raked her hands through her hair, and felt a wave of gratitude that the attendant was stronger than he looked. Her eyes looked up to thank the man, but all words were lost when she saw Draco standing in front of her with a blank face.

Tears immediately filled her eyes as she embraced him as if her life depended on it, and in a way it did. Her heart felt complete as his arms hugged her back just as tightly.

Lily nudged the attendant, and looked up at him with clear grey eyes. "Those are my parents, they haven't seen each other since the day I was born," she informed him with a big smile. "I think they're going to be alright now."

Draco ended the embrace first, but kept his arm firmly around Ginny's waist as he looked at his daughter. Her smile reminded him of Ginny on her happiest days, and the eyes looking back at him were filled with every emotion he was feeling. "I stick by it, Ginny. We make beautiful kids."

Ginny smiled at their little family through her tears, and followed Draco as he led them to their seats. She was ready for the new beginning, even if it brought turmoil in her family. She was accepting the smile for once.

-->