Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Is Love? Prequel Scenes. by d&gforever
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Is Love? Prequel Scenes.

d&gforever

The year is 2000, which is also six years before the start of my story What Is Love.

Draco's Best Birthday Present

----------**********----------

"When will you be home?" Ginny asked, her eyes filled with tears. She lay on her left side rubbing her overly pregnant tummy.

"When my mates and I are done celebrating my twentieth birthday," Draco spat.

"Could you celebrate at the manor?" she pleaded.

"Now, wouldn't that be great fun," sarcasm dropped with every one of his words. "I have a better idea. I can celebrate with my mates in our bedchamber. And you can whine at me all day."

"Don't be ridiculous!" she spouted. "I don't whine at you." He raised an eyebrow to her. "Well, I'm nine days overdue with your heir. I've been confined to bed rest for five days," she finished. She paused to calm herself. "Draco, please celebrate here. You have our whole wing. I won't bother you. I'd just feel better," she beseeched.

"I'll feel better going out with my mates. It's all planned. I'm going to the Falcons match and then I'm going out for drinks," he affirmed. He took the two-way mirror out of his robe placing it on the table. "I'm not taking that either. I don't need you calling me every couple of minutes." Ginny rolled over on her right side to watch him leave. "Get over on your left side," he ordered. "We've come too far for you to make a mess of things now." She obeyed him, but started to cry softly. "Don't you dare send an elf crying to my mother! One day alone won't harm you. Summon an elf if you need anything." He slammed the door as he left and her sobbing filled the chamber. It was only 9 am, how was she going to pass an entire day alone in bed.

----------**********----------

Ginny called an elf to remove her lunch tray. She made sure to eat at least half of her meal. The last time she hadn't Narcissa scolded her. The fiery witch wasn't up to that today, besides she didn't want her mother-in-law to know that Draco wasn't home.

The last two months had been ghastly for the young couple. They shouldn't have gotten pregnant so soon. They were just getting to know each other after all. Draco was becoming a caring husband. He seemed happy about the baby at first. Now, it seemed that things were becoming to demanding for him to handle.

She hoped that his poor behavior was because of nerves at least. The witch wouldn't be able to live with him if he remained being a spoilt prat. The redhead was used to being in a house full of love. Not one where your spouse thought you were a bother. She wanted the wizard that used to recite poems to her at Saturday night dinner, the one who was sinfully delightful in bed.

Ginny reached over to the nightstand for a book. She chucked the romantic novel across the room. Merlin, she didn't need to read about witches and their caring lovers today. The next thing she grabbed was a Witches Fashion magazine. She flipped through the pages quickly. Then it dawned on her, I can afford to pay these things now. Well, at least my husband can afford them.

The young witch Accioed a quill from the desk and started circling the clothing she wanted. She smirked as she circled the off-shoulder black lace gown. It was an one of a kind design and cost over eight hundred galleons. Ginny giggled when she found the perfect matching jewelry set at a cost of over twenty thousand galleons. It was Malfoy tradition to purchase a new outfit and jewelry set for each birth. Items were selected by the mother of said child. He was going to pay for leaving her today.

----------**********----------

Draco downed another quart of mead. What the hell was he thinking about nine months ago? Why did he let his parents pressure him into marriage and impregnating his wife? The marriage part wasn't bad. Ginny was becoming the perfect society wife until last month. He extremely enjoyed having her in bed with him also. The witch rarely turned down his request for a shag. He was getting it two or more times a day. That brat in her stomach had put a stop to that.

Merlin, he hoped she changed back to herself after the baby was born. The midwitch had told them he'd have to wait two weeks after the baby was born before he could get his pleasure back. He had it all planned. She'd have the baby. They'd send it over to his parents' wing with a nurse, then two weeks later they'd go to the beach house together until October. He smiled at the idea of having a fit wife back in his bed.

His parents wouldn't mind watching the baby most of the time. He liked the idea of playing Daddy only when it was convenient for him. He turned to his mate.

"Another round, Blaise. It's been one hell of a day."

"It has at that. But unlike you, Malfoy, we have to go to work tomorrow," Blaise replied.

"I thought we were staying out until my birthday!"

Greg patted Draco's back. "We are mate. We only wish to slow down on the drinks."

"Let's go over to the Gentlemen's club," Crabbe stated. "I think Draco needs a lap dance."

"Bugger, that! A hard pecker's the last thing I need tonight. Ginny's midwitch has her off limits. After leaving her home all day she is more likely to rip it off my body then relieve me."

"Bloody hell!" Blaise spat. He motioned towards the door. "She ratted to your mother, mate."

Draco hissed at the sight of Lucius. "I'm staying here. He stops controlling my life today!"

The three other wizards chuckled.

"Mark, my words, mates."

"Gentlemen," Lucius bowed his head to each of Draco's friend. "Son, you are needed at home."

"I'm celebrating my birthday with my mate." He looked down at his watch, it was eleven fifteen. "I'll be home in an hour," the younger wizard hissed. "We're ringing in my birthday."

"Your wife needs you now," Lucius firmly stated.

"She can wait!"

"Maybe, she can. However your son may not," his father informed him.

Draco snapped out of his fog. "Gin's in labor?" He collected his cloak.

"It seems to have come on quickly. She only noticed your mother twenty minutes ago."

"Have you Flooed, Molly? I promised Ginny I'd sent for her," Draco inquired as they left the building.

----------**********----------

Lucius was very irritated with his son. Why the boy had to stop off at the shack and pick up those people was beyond him.

"Father, please show Mr. Weasley to my study. I'll take Mrs. Weasley to Ginny and let her know that I'm here," affirmed the young wizard.

He really didn't like his in-laws but a promise was a promise and for some reason it meant a lot to Ginny for them to be present. The wizard didn't understand. Only the mid-witch and mediwitch were needed, why she wanted others around to see her give birth seemed insane to him.

Everything was quiet in their sitting room, which surprised him. His wife must not be far along in her labor. He had heard all the stories. According to his Aunt Bella, his own mother screamed many unladylike words during his own birth. When he opened the door to his bedroom he understood why there was no sound coming from the room.

A silencing charm had been used. The screams his wife produced were worse than anything he heard coming out of the Death Eater camps. Molly ran to her daughter's side.

"I'm here, sweetheart. You're going to be all right. Stop fighting it and the pain will ease," Molly instructed.

"Merlin, it hurts!" Ginny shouted before another blood-chilling scream.

Draco stared at the screen in front of him. Why in the world did witches ever go through this more than once? Merlin, he could barely stand hearing it. He wanted to move but his feet weren't listening. Why in the hell wasn't anyone helping Ginny? There was pain relief. Why weren't they using it?"

Ginny screamed again and he couldn't stop his mouth. "Why in the bloody hell aren't you giving her anything for the pain?"

"Language, Draco!" Narcissa huffed.

His wife's eyes locked on his, she didn't know he was still in the room. She reached her hand towards him. "Draco, please!"

He wanted to run. Wizards weren't supposed to be here. He had a tumbler of fire whiskey waiting for him downstairs. Their fathers were in his study the men still hated each other. One might kill the other if he didn't get there soon.

She called him again and it pulled him forward. That damn redheaded beauty had a hold on him in some way. He sat next to his side of the bed and Molly sat on the other side. The stout witch wiped the sweat from her daughter's forehead.

"Mr. Malfoy, your wife needs to calm herself before I can issue her pain relief." The midwitch handed him a bottle. "Rub this lotion on her lower back. Just above her bottom. It has a tranquil effect on most mothers." The woman looked at Molly. "Let's help Ginny onto her left side."

Reluctantly, he did as he was told. She sighed and relaxed at first, however when he noticed her stomach tightening she started to moan.

"A little more pressure, Mr. Malfoy," the midwitch directed. "A good strong massage is what you're after."

Molly stared into Ginny's eyes. "You can do it, sweetheart. Breathe through it." The older witch coached her daughter. Draco couldn't help but chuckle watching the Weasley witches perform the birthing breathing. Of course Molly would remain how it was done. Ginny only moaned a little.

"Arse!" Ginny hissed once the contraction had passed.

He kissed her cheek. "Guilty as charged."

"Well," the midwitch sighed. "I believe I can use the charm now. Mr. Malfoy, keep massaging her back. Mrs. Weasley coach her through her breathing."

The pain relief charm was lengthy. The wand had to be placed in the same location for the entire spell. It all made since why she had to remain still. Draco stopped rubbing Ginny's back and she hissed in disappointment.

"Please, Draco. It still aches. You owe me, at least a couple more minutes."

Narcissa folded her arms and stared at her son. "He owes you more than a couple minutes," she adamantly declared. "Really, Draco, the nerve of you! I thought I raised you better, leaving your wife at ten thirty in the evening to drink with your mates. That's… that's just selfish."

Her words went through his head again. Did Ginny tell his mother that he had left only an hour again? He picked up the bottle of lotion and started massaging her back again. The wizard was puzzled but happy about his wife's action. Narcissa would have strung his up by his privates if she would have known he was out all day.

----------**********----------

He tried to escape the room many times in the next two hours. Every time he'd get to the door the midwitch would pull him back. This final time he knew he wouldn't be able to escape seeing the birth of his son.

"Come along, Mr. Malfoy. Help us get your wife closer to the edge of the bed. She'll need a great deal of back support. Besides you have a calming effort on her," the midwitch said.

He had to bite back the desire to call her a liar to her face. The witches didn't want him to leave because they were having too much fun picking on him.

As he started to help her up, he bumped into his nightstand sending the quill and inkwell onto the bed. A pool of black ink sunk into the beige satin sheets. "Damn it! What was that doing there?"

"Language Draco! Do you want your son's first words to be filth?"

"Of course not, Mother. However why was there a quill on my bedside table?"

"I put it there. I was using them to figure out how to repay you for putting me in this position," Ginny jeered through a painful contraction.

He looked around the room as he held her in a sitting up position. "Is there a piece of parchment around here with a list of hexes you can use to remove my bits?"

The witches broke out in laughter, except for Ginny. She pulled him close and whispered in his ear, "I'm rather fond of your bits." She winced in pain. "But they do create problems."

"The baby's head is in position, Ginny. Go ahead and push," the midwitch told her.

Draco thought the position of his wife was strange. They had her sitting almost all the way up not far from the edge of the bed. He was holding her up. Molly was holding her daughter's left leg and his mother was holding her right. The midwitch knelt on the floor and the mediwitch was behind her.

After thirty minutes of pushing the midwitch finally said, "One more good push, Ginny. The baby's head's almost out."

He didn't know what possessed him but he mistakenly looked down. The wizard decided right then and there that witches were totally nutters. There was nothing beautiful about seeing blond hair covered with blood poking out of his playground.

"It burns!" Ginny's scream brought his eyes back to his wife. He kissed her cheek.

"A little more Ginny!" the midwitch said. His wife grunted. "Stop pushing." Crying rang out through the chamber. The midwitch got a little frustrated then giggled. "He won't be quiet long enough so I can clean out his mouth."

"I've never seen one cry before their chest was out," the mediwitch stated.

"He's a strong one alright. Well, one more push, Ginny," her midwitch instructed.

Draco looked down in time to see his son completely emerge from his wife. Merlin, how could he have been so wrong? Beautiful wasn't the word for what he just witnessed. It was implausible. There was no way he could have been a part of making that perfect little being. He turned pulling her into his chest. "Oh, Ginny!"

"She can lay down now, Mr. Malfoy," the midwitch said.

He lay her down on the bed. "I'm sorry, Ginny."

She giggled at him. "Hopefully, not for the hug. Is he fine, Draco?"

"He's perfect!" Draco kissed her cheek. "You're brilliant. I wouldn't have been able to…"

The midwitch placed the baby wrapped in a yellow blanket, with the Malfoy crest on it, in Ginny's arms. The babe instantly rooted for her breast. Molly approached her daughter.

"He knows what to do, Ginny. You only need to get it close to him," Molly assist Ginny with her top to reveal the young witch's breast. The rooting infant's nose touched her nipple then he quickly raised his head and latched on. He fed noisily at her breast. After a few moments, Ginny whimpered in pain.

"Did he bite you?" Draco questioned.

"No, it's my stomach," Ginny answered.

The midwitch stopped her work at Ginny neither region and looked at the new parents. "Nursing makes the womb contract, speeding up the delivery of the afterbirth. It also helps the uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size quickly. The contracts cause the discomfort. I'll give you a potion for the pain."

A pleasant warm feeling filled Draco as he watched his son nurse. He surveyed Ginny as she lovingly caressed and whispered to the babe.

"I've wanted to meet you for a long time, Thuban. I love you with every fiber of my being. I will always be here for you, perfect or not." Ginny moved the blanket and countered his fingers and toes then covered him again. She looked over at Draco. "They're all there."

"He's so little," the wizard whispered.

"Actually, Mr. Malfoy he's quite large for a newborn," the mediwitch offered.

"He won't fit in half of the newborn items we got last week, Ginny," Molly confirmed.

The babe stopped nursing and stared at his parents. His eyes were a beautiful shade of brilliant blue. "He has your eyes, Narcissa," Ginny whispered.

The society witch approached the couple and looked at the babe. Her eyes were filled with tears but somehow she managed to speak. "Draco's eyes were that color when he was born. He's beautiful Ginevra. You did a wonderful job." She turned to her son and scolded. "You will not leave Ginevra unattended late in pregnancy or after giving birth again." He nodded.

The mediwitch came forward. "I need to clean him up and check out a few things, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Mr. Malfoy, you should help your wife into the bathroom. I'm sure she'd enjoy a nice warm shower to freshen up," the midwitch directed.

"You want her to get up already?" he was affronted by their apparent lack of care for his wife.

Molly patted his back. "Take her along, Draco dear. Take it slow and use the shower chair. We'll clean-up in here."

He glared at his mother. "Its fine, Draco. Do as they ask. You're the best for the job. If she starts to feel faint carry her back to bed."

Ginny started to get out of the bed on her own. She thought about walking without his help but she was a little woozy and very sore. After he had gotten her to the bathroom and on the shower chair, Molly came in the room and dismissed him. He had thought about putting up a fight, however when the stout witch started talking about women's things with his wife he decided to leave the room.

----------**********----------

The bedroom was spotless when Ginny returned. The first thing her eyes caught was the addition of the bassinet and a changing table. Draco hadn't wanted the items in their room. He flatly stated that Thuban would be sleeping in the nursery from the start. She guessed that this chance meant her husband would be moving to his own room, which was fine with her. The witch had fallen in love with her son from the moment she knew he was growing inside her. It would be wonderful to have someone she loved and loved her back so close to her.

Draco walked over to his wife and helped her back into the bed. She sat up at the head and chatted with him while the mediwitch weighted and measured their son. The infant started to cry and the witch handed the babe to Ginny. The little bundle began to root for his food again.

The young witch untied her nightgown and placed him to her breast. "You're a hungry little thing, aren't you?" Draco chuckled.

"There's nothing little about him, Mr. Malfoy. Your son weights 4.4 kg and is 56 cm long." The mediwitch sighed at his puzzled look. "The average newborn weights 3.18 kg and is 50 cm long."

"If you have anymore, Ginny, we'll have to induce labor at thirty nine and a half weeks. I'm surprised you didn't have problems delivering him," the midwitch interjected.

"I'm sure my hips are 8 centimeters wider today than they were yesterday," Ginny giggled.

The women joined her laughter. Draco on the other hand didn't see anything funny about having a large hipped wife. Childbirth better not have added more than six centimeters to her hips. He wouldn't mind a little softer wife but he didn't want a big hipped one.

"We'll let you three get to know each other better," Molly said.

"Mum, send Daddy and Lucius up. I want them to see him, now. That way we can rest," Ginny replied.

When the babe stopped nursing, Draco removed him from her arms.

"He needs to be burped, Draco."

He sat in a chair and placed the baby tummy down across his knees slightly patting his back. "I know, my mother thinks it works better this way." A slight noise came from the babe.

"That was quick and no worries about spit-up in your hair."

There was a soft knock and the four new grandparents entered the room. Arthur looked at the baby on Draco's lap then went to his daughter, hugging her. "How are you feeling, Ginbug? He's a big one."

"I'm fine, Daddy." She kissed his cheek. "I'm getting tired it's been a long day."

"I'll just have a look at my grandson then let you get some rest," Arthur said.

Lucius placed his wand on the yellow blanket that covered Thuban. He whispered a long spell. The blanket changed to blue and the baby's initials appeared below the Malfoy crest. Lucius begrudgingly handed the newest Malfoy to his enemy only after prodded by his son.

Ginny stiffened when Lucius approached. The ex-Death Eater kissed her forehead. "Well done, Ginevra. He is very strong and healthy. We couldn't have asked from more. We'll leave you to rest. The house elves will service your wing first for the next month. Tipsy is now permanently in your employ. She was Draco's nanny elf and well versed with infants."

Molly kissed her daughter's cheek. "Floo me when you're feeling up to visitors, sweetheart. I'll see you soon."

Arthur handed the baby back to Draco and everyone left the room. The new father placed the baby in the bassinet and looked at his wife. "Can you move to your side of the bed or do I have to sleep over there?"

"You want to stay in here?" she asked surprisingly.

"I was hoping to but if you wish I will…"

"I want you to stay," she interrupted. She pointed at the bassinet. "I thought you didn't want to sleep in the same room with the baby."

Draco helped her move to the other side of the bed. "A wizard is allowed to change his mind isn't he?" He asked while changing into his pajamas.

"Of course, especially if it gets me what I wanted." She teased.

He lay in their bed next to her but did not touch her. "Ginny," he whispered. "I want to hold you. Would that be fine with you?"

The redhead rolled on her husband's chest. "Yes, I'd like that."

He caressed her arm and kissed her forehead. "Why'd you tell my mother I left at ten?"

"Because I already had your punishment for leaving me planned. I didn't need her help."

"Punishment?"

"Yes, look at the magazine. Check the pages that are turned down. I have the items you are to buy me for giving birth to your heir circled. I will remind you that you can't deny my request."

He gasped as he looked at the price of the items then glared at her. "You do understand that I don't get my inheritance until I'm twenty-five. Until then we have to live off my salary. I don't have that kind of money kicking around."

She smirked at him. "Yes, you do. You merely won't be able to keep your box at Bodmin Moor stadium."

"That's low, Ginny."

"And leaving your overdue wife alone all day isn't?" she huffed.

He hugged her then kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, Ginny. I was a real arse."

----------**********----------

A discussion on the side of the bed caught her attention.

"But Master, Misses Narcissa ordered Tipsy to tend to the baby. I's be a nanny elf. I's changed Master's nappies when Master a baby and Master's father's too," Tipsy the house elf cried.

"I don't care what my mother ordered. He is my son. My wife and I make all decisions concerning him. You will not touch him unless we order you too," Draco hissed. "Now get out of my way so I can change him."

"Master?"

"Hush Tipsy, don't wake my wife. Hand me another nappy."

"Master, Tipsy can do it."

He hissed, "Go away. I can do this."

The elf walked out of the room as not to wake Ginny, who had been peeping at the two through half opened eyes. The baby began to cry and her breasts started to flow. Draco turned around to face the bed with a freshly changed Thuban in his arms.

"Are you hungry again?" he asked his son. "Every two hours is a little much don't you think?"

Ginny opened her eyes and met her husband's. "He'll nurse that often for the next four weeks. He's got a little tummy."

He smiled at her. "It's the Weasley in him coming out. A Malfoy would never eat that often."

"Well, at least he has some of me in him," she lightly murmured.

Draco handed her their son. "He has your nose, your ears and your mouth."

She lay on her left side and nursed their son. "Every two hours, so it's 4 am?"

He climbed back in bed and spooned up behind her, touching the babe's hand as he nursed. "No love, it's 8 am."

"Oh, so you gave him two bottles?"

The blond wizard chuckled at his wife. "No, you feed him each time. I thought you were still half asleep."

"Merlin, I didn't carry him in that state, did I?" she nervously asked.

"No, I brought him to you. I think it works best that way. While you're nursing, I'll bring him to you at night. When we go to bottles we'll take turns getting up." He looked into his wife's eyes. "Ginny, I'd like it if we took care of Thuban's needs. I don't want the house elves touching him or some cold nanny. Why my mother trusted an imbecilic creature to care for me is baffling."

Ginny stared at her husband. "Does your mother have you under an Imperious curse? Just yesterday you were planning on shipping the baby over to your parents' side of the manor and hiring someone to watch him."

Draco touched their son's cheek. "I was insane. He's beautiful. We made him. I couldn't trust his care to just anyone. I'm ready for this now. I want to be a good Daddy to him."

----------**********----------

The twenty-year-old wizard walked through the hallway where most of his ancestors' portraits hang. The new father beamed as he showed off the bundle in his arms.

"Ginevra did you well. He is a health boy," Abraxas' portrait announced.

"He has Ignatius Prewitt's nose, mouth and ears. Those traits look good on a Black," stated Melinda Malfoy nee Crabbe, aunt to Cygnus Black.

"He is the Malfoy heir not a Black," argued the Malfoy wizards' portraits.

Thuban was startled by the booming voices and whined. A slight sway in his father's arms calmed him quickly, however not before Narcissa had heard the babe and the portraits. The blonde witch approached them with great purpose, her older sister Bellatrix in tow.

"My grandson is also a Black and carries the traditional name. It will do you well to remember this and to keep your voices down. If any of you startle him into a cry again, I will have you placed in the attic," the mistress of the Manor whispered before turning to her son. She kissed both of his cheeks. "Good Morning and Happy Birthday, Draco."

"Good morning, Mother. Aunt Bella." He paused and then showed his aunt the baby. "Isn't my son spectacular?"

"I've only seen one baby as wonderful as him and that was you," Bella avowed with a smile.

"I disagree. He is far more magnificent than I."

The dark haired witch smirked. "We've come to collect you for breakfast, my sweet."

"Thank you, although, I plan on dinning in my chambers with Ginevra. We will be ready for visitors around ten thirty. You're invited to come by then. I'm here merely wasting time while the midwitch is checking, Ginny."

"Don't you want to open your gifts, Draco?" Narcissa asked.

"Bring them by when you visit. I'm sure my wife would like to open the baby gifts."

The witches giggled. "I wasn't speaking of the baby's gifts. I was speaking of your birthday gifts."

"My birthday gifts? It's not my…" He looked at his mother. "Today's my birthday. My son was born on my birthday." He held the baby close to him. "Excuse me, ladies. I'm sure the midwitch will be finished by the time we return. I have to go thank my wife for her wonderful birthday gift." He looked back at them. "Please inform Father, I've decided to take the week off, maybe the next two."

"The utopia of being a first time parent, he will be back to his old self in a day or two day. You should ready the nursery in your wing and line up the nurse," Bella declared.

"I disagree, sister. The birth of his child has changed him."

----------**********----------

The midwitch stared at Draco. "I cannot stress the importance of this enough, no sexually relations until I give the all clear. Most witches recover quickly but it will be at least two weeks. It could be up to four."

The blond wizard nodded. Sex was the last thing on his mind. After seeing the pain his wife had gone through he'd be lucky if she allowed him to touch her in the next four months.

"Good. Now, Mr. Malfoy, you had requested a nurse to help your wife the first week. Would you like me to contract the agency?"

Draco looked at Ginny then at the midwitch. "I'll need to discuss the matter with my wife. We may have other arrangements. I'll let you know when you come by tomorrow. Thank you." He turned to the house elf. "Please show Ms. Feash out."

He sat on the bed next to Ginny. "I've taken the next week off to help you with Thuban. We can still get a nurse if you like or your mother may come as you asked last month."

Ginny throw her arms around him tears rolling down her cheeks. "Thank you, Draco. Thank you. Even with your help, I think we'll need Mum around for a couple of days. I won't leave Narcissa out either."

"Thank you, Gin. He's outstanding." He kissed her cheek and headed for the closest. "I got something for you. The new dress and jewels are so you'll look superior at the naming. I wanted to get you something to say thanks for putting up with me and giving me an heir." She heard movement in the closest as if he was looking around. "Crabbe and Goyle thought I was being draft but Blaise thought you'd love it."

He came out of the closest with a long thin wrapped item. It could only be one thing, a broomstick. When he handed it to her, she happily removed the paper to discover a Nimbus 2020. She ran her hands over the handle; it seemed smaller than Draco's broom. However it fit her hand perfectly. The red haired witch smiled when she saw 'Ginny' engraved on it.

"You loved flying and Quidditch at school. You always had a hand me down broom. I thought it was time you had your own. It was custom made just for you. They did something with the length and the handle size. What do you think?" he asked worried.

Her eyes filled with wonder and her mind raced. How could he be an arse one minute and this sweet the next? He was mental! Maybe, she thought, but he had to truly care for her a little, to guess that she had always wanted a racing broom. When her brothers made the Quidditch team each had gotten a new broom, but Ginny had to use Charlie's old one. Molly hoped Ginny would outgrow that tomboy habit of hers. After marrying Draco she thought her flying days were over. Narcissa stated her dislike for women fliers many times stating it was unladylike. As the wife of a Malfoy she was always to be a lady. Draco had surprised her on their honeymoon and they raced through the French country side a number of times. But she hadn't been on a broom since. The new mother ran her hands over the one item she had always longed for but never thought she would own.

"Ginny, I was also thinking that if you're not pregnant next summer. You can play chaser for my team if you like. You always seem so happy when you're playing. I want you to be happy, Gin. I love… your smile."

She lifted her head tears running down her cheeks. "I can't wait until tomorrow. The first thing I'm going to ask Ms. Feash is when I'll be fit to fly. It's wonderful, Draco. Thank you."

He wiped her face with his handkerchief. "You had me worried for a moment. I thought that Greg had been right. He said you outgrow Quidditch."

"I'll never outgrow Quidditch. Are you sure there won't be a problem? Our parents believe that a lady shouldn't play."

"Bugger our parents. I enjoy watching you. You enjoy playing. You were one of the best Chasers to play at Hogwarts and that was riding on an old piece of trash. No one will be able to stop you on your new broom. I only ask a couple of things. Never fly when you're pregnant, let me take Thuban on his first broomstick ride, let me give him his first flying lesson and never play Seeker against me."

"I agree as long as I get to give any of our daughters their first broomstick ride and their first flying lesson." She grinned.

"Agreed," he answered merrily.

She kissed his cheek. "Draco, I was angry when I picked the jewelry. I'll get something less expensive. You can keep your suite for Falcon Matches."

He shook his head. "It's already been worked out. My mates are going to pick up the suite cost this year. I want to spend my free time with my family. We can't be taking Thuban out to Quidditch matches all summer."

Ginny stared at her husband. "I believe I'll send for a Healer. You are under a spell!"