Unofficial Portkey Archive

Surprise! by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Surprise!

Harry85

Disclaimer: What, do I look like a Heron shipper? Didn't think so, thus it is not mine.

A/N: I had this written for the HHr Birthday Fest on LJ, but sadly the fest got cancelled due to low interest so I'm posting it here instead. Hope you will like.

Surprise!

Hermione Granger was rather grumpy. Work had been a nightmare, with lots of reports to go through, and people to assign to different cases her department was working on. After all, she was the Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department at the ministry, and as someone said once, with great power comes great responsibility.

Add to it that her boyfriend Harry Potter had been to busy to say two words to her all day, and you will start to understand why she was in a right mood as she finally approached the door of her flat that night.

But you'd still miss a detail that would make it all much worse.

It was Hermione's birthday.

"And what a birthday I had!" she ironically muttered to herself as she fished for the keys in her purse. When she finally found them, she clicked the door open, and turned the lights on.

She was about to enter when she noticed a trail of petals on the floor, leading from the doorway to the corridor. Curious, and with a smile spreading on her face, she followed the path and came to her bathroom. Pushing the door open, she noticed the petals continued to the bathtub, and a vase with a single white rose was near the sink.

Hermione felt in a better mood immediately, as she read the short note scribbled in a handwriting she knew very well. Harry hadn't forgotten her birthday, after all.

And maybe that explained why he was so busy during the day, too.

Filling the bathtub with hot water, she stripped and then sank into the bath, closing her eyes as she relaxed for the first time all day.

She had put an alarm on her wand so that it would ring after thirty minutes, just in case she fell asleep. Her aching muscles really needed some relief, and the hot water lapping at them was almost heavenly.

When she finally emerged from the bath, Hermione wrapped herself in a fluffy towel and, still drying her hair, she walked to the bedroom, where she went through her outfits to find something she liked to wear.

For once, she decided to be a bit bold, and she chose a black satin dress with a deep V-neck and spaghetti straps holding it in place on her shoulders. Her mother had given it to her when she was promoted Head of the department, some months ago, but Hermione still had never worn it.

Next was her hairstyle, a couple well-placed spells made her curls fall neatly on her shoulders, not in a bushy mess like in her old school days. She then applied some makeup, nothing too dramatic, just a hint of blush to her cheeks and a few other minor adjustments.

Finally grabbing the Portkey Harry had set for her, she felt the usual tug behind her navel as she left.

Harry had been mysterious about her destination, only saying he would be waiting for her there, so after she took a moment to straighten herself out when she landed, Hermione was amazed at the spectacular view.

She was in one of the most exclusive Wizarding restaurants in the whole world, and the sunset was clearly visible through the huge windows. It cast a flaming red light onto the calm Caribbean Sea, lapping at the white sand of the shore, just a few meters away from the restaurant.

Harry was there, like he had said he would be, waiting for her with his trademark grin. She grinned back as she walked toward him.

"Happy Birthday" he whispered in her ear, pulling her close and inhaling her scent. He loved to do that.

"Thanks" she whispered back, pecking him on the lips before they both sat at their table. Going through the menu, Harry reassured her to choose whatever she liked, as he guessed she might be a bit intimidated by the prices.

The brunette was a bit hesitant, but in the end she decided to spoil herself a bit, ordering the lobster with the local goblin-made sauce.

Harry chose, instead, a dragon steak with hellebore dressing.

As they waited for their dishes to come, they chatted about each other's day, Harry gently holding her hand and caressing its back with his thumb.

Taking a sip of the white wine, Hermione shrugged at the end of the telling of her nightmarish day. "I guess this makes up for all of that though" she smiled sweetly at him. "Thanks again for setting this up"

"Anything for you" he said with a smile, and she knew he meant it.

Finally, their dinner was ready so they ate quietly, giving the other samples of what they had chosen.

"I must say that lobster was delicious" Hermione said as they were waiting for the dessert. Harry merely nodded, his mind momentarily elsewhere. His girlfriend noticed.

"Harry, are you ok?" she asked, concerned.

"What? Oh, yes. Just got a bit sidetracked for a moment, I'm sorry" he sheepishly excused himself. He paid more attention, but he still played with something in his pocket, his fingers grabbing and releasing it rhythmically.

Finally, he made up his mind and went on one knee in front of her.

"Hermione, will you marry me?" he asked, taking a small box out of his pocket and opening it for her to see the simple, and yet beautiful, diamond ring inside.

The brunette witch was speechless. She had no idea that Harry had wanted to propose, and she briefly wondered if at 23 she was ready to settle down. But she also knew that she loved Harry like she could never love anyone else, and if she was to marry, she would marry no one else but him.

So she made up her mind and flung herself at him, kissing him soundly on the lips.

When they finally parted, he chuckled. "Is that a yes, Miss Granger?" he asked as he slipped the ring on her finger.

"That is definitely a yes, Mr. Potter" she replied, before kissing him passionately again, their tongues searching each other, dancing together in their mouths. "Now, please, take me home" she huskily whispered in his ear, making him shiver.

"As you wish, my lady" he gave her a mock bow, and left to pay the bill. Barely ten minutes later, they were back home in Harry's flat in London, kissing each other furiously, Hermione's arms around his neck, her legs entwined around him as he carried her to his bedroom, opening the door with a solid kick, and shutting it behind them likewise.

It didn't take them long to start tugging at each other's clothes, Harry's shirt being the first to go, soon joined in the heap in the corner by her black dress and his trousers.

As they stood there in only their underwear, kissing like there was no tomorrow, Harry gently pushed her down on the bed, trailing kisses down her jaw, to her neck, and then down to the soft mounds of her breasts, making her shiver as he engulfed one already hardened nipple into his mouth, flicking the other with his thumb.

"God, Harry!" she breathed, burying her hands in his unruly mop of hair, encouraging his actions. She could feel herself grow wetter and wetter, completely at his mercy, as he resumed his travelling downwards a few minutes later, satisfied with the amount of attention he had given to her nipples.

He kissed his way down to her belly and further, till he came to the elastic band of her lacy black knickers. Hooking his fingers on the sides, he proceeded to slide them down her long legs, never stopping his feather-like kisses, giving her goose-bumps.

Then, when they had finally been tossed aside, Harry started his path up to her center, teasing her as he kissed the inside of her thighs, moving closer to where she desperately wanted him. Her whimpers were begging to finally stop teasing her and work on her aching core, and finally he did. He tugged the swollen clit with his lips, sucking on it, and Hermione's back arched at the sensations, her moans growing more and more breathless.

"Harry, please…" she whispered huskily. She was so close to release already, and she would have been amazed at the easiness of Harry bringing her to the brink of orgasm, but at the moment she wasn't able to think at all.

She just needed him to bring her over the edge, let her taste the release she craved, as he slipped his tongue inside her, lapping at the flowing juices.

When she finally came crying his name, Harry let her catch her breath for a moment or two before kissing her hard on the lips, letting her taste herself.

She could feel his erection against her belly, still trapped within his boxers, and slid a hand between them to cup him, stroking him through the fabric.

"Your turn now" she impishly whispered, and before he could stop her telling her tonight was all about her pleasure, she had already freed him from his fabric cage and was stroking him. At that point, Harry's ability to form a coherent sentence flew out of the window and he watched her go down on him, her mouth engulfing the tip of his shaft and licking the pre-cum that was oozing out of it, before she slowly started bobbing up and down, building a rhythm.

It was all Harry could do to not come right there, and try to hold out as long as possible. Finally, he pushed her away just a moment before he came in her mouth, taking a deep breath to try and keep himself under control. He didn't want it to be over yet.

Hermione must have understood his predicament because she slowly moved back up to kiss him, and gently guided him inside her.

It still amazed him how well their bodies fit, like they were made for each other. She was tight around him, and Harry slowly started moving, in and out of her, concentrating on pleasuring his fiancé as much as he could. He wanted this night to be embedded in her memory forever, just like he would try to embed their wedding night in her memory for the long years to come, when that moment finally arrived.

As he thrust inside her, Hermione met his rhythm with her own, and soon both found themselves over the edge, Harry's seed flowing inside her womb as both climaxed screaming each other's name to the otherwise silent night. It was just handy that they were wizard and witch and had placed silencing charms on their bedroom otherwise the whole building would have been awake by now.

Collapsing on her side, Harry pulled her to him. "I love you" he whispered after kissing her tenderly. She smiled the smile reserved only for him.

"I love you too, Harry" she said, snuggling into his embrace, her head nestled in the crook of his neck, his arms wrapped around her.

As sleep slowly took them both, Hermione thought she never had a better birthday in her life.

-->