Unofficial Portkey Archive

Trust No One by WolfyLunarStar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Trust No One

WolfyLunarStar

Trust No One

By: WolfyLunarStar

---------------------

Disclaimer: *Glances at story* Yup, this is most definitely a Harmony fic, so I'm obviously not J.K. Rowling. Henceforth, I do not own Harry Potter.

Author's Note: The title of this comes from one of the slogans on a movie poster from the first part and everything coming up in italics is from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 18: The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, Page 362; the other short bit is all me.

Also, since Harry Potter's birthday is on the 31st, I'll be posting up a music video in a bit on my youtube account chibitsukihoshi (yes, I am unashamedly advertising…). Enjoy!

---------------------

"…don't expect me to explain everything, just trust me blindly, trust that I know what I'm doing, trust me even though I don't trust you! Never the whole truth! Never!"

"He loved you," Hermione whispered. "I know he loved you."

Harry dropped his arms.

"I don't know who he loved, Hermione, but it was never me. This isn't love, the mess he's left me in…"

"I don't even know who to trust anymore, Hermione." Harry Potter looked up at the girl who's been by his side since the beginning, looking all like a lost little boy.

Hermione Granger's throat constricted, a lump forming within as she took in the desperate and miserable look in her best friend's illuminate green eyes. Kneeling down before him, the same as she had done four years ago on a similar winter's day like this one; she threw her arms around him. "Me Harry, you can always trust in me."

Harry had slightly stiffened at her embrace; however, as quickly as it happened, he relaxed and returned the hug. His whole being shook with the effort of tears he refused to release. Within her arms, he knew with sudden clarity that she was right; not about Dumbledore, no one could ever know for certain, but there was one thing he was sure of.

He could always count on her.

No matter what the circumstances, no matter her opinion on the situations, she always trusted him. Blindly, everyone would say. Whether he was right or wrong, whether he knew what he was doing or not (and he almost never knew what he was doing), she always stood by his side. Granted, last year when he had been stubbornly ignoring her warnings on a certain potion's book, she stood firm in her attitude, but, as always, she had been right.

If there was anyone he could trust, it was her.

---------------------

Hmm…for some reason, this was in my `Incomplete' folder. I typed this up before Part I came out and never posted it… Then, I was supposed to post it before heading out to the midnight release of Part II… XD Well, it's up now, as an early birthday to Harry.

Cheers!

~*Eli

-->