Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's Hollow by ChocolateFrogsForBreakfast
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's Hollow

ChocolateFrogsForBreakfast

Hermione's Hollow

Rated: G

Pairing: H/Hr

Author's Note: Hi! It's been a long time since I've written anything, but it feels good to be writing again. It's short, but I hope you like it. Thanks for reading!

It's wearisome to have this space within me…waiting.

What seemed a small void has lately widened until I'm not sure that the rest of me will hold together.

So far, the remainder of me has been able to surround this chasm and contain it with academic and other mental pursuits.

Until now.

I'm fairly certain that other parts of me are beginning to fracture under the strain of my loss.

Well, I shouldn't say loss.

I know the exact location of this part of me, so it's not really lost, is it?

He has it…has had for a while. And I'm not sure I'll be getting it back.

So I wait. And examine.

The rational part of me wishes that I could detach myself from him. Move far away from this vulnerable situation.

But there's no leaving that part of myself behind without greater pain.

I'm not so foolish as to believe that I could leave his side anyway.

I can't help myself; I have to be with him, regardless of whether or not I'm happy, whether I have peace, whether I live or die.

He's my hunger as well as my dissolution.

I can live on one of his smiles for hours.

And wither under his indifference for years.

And so I go on with this void of mine, hoping for the day when his smile will be different; when it will linger on me, along with his eyes.

Day after day, I wonder…

Surely, his chest feels uncomfortable, occupied by an extra rhythm.

Surely, one day, he'll notice…and offer that part of himself to fill the space that waits within me.

-->