Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Nine: Valentine's Day

AN: I know, I know I said I was suppose to update last week, but I got so busy. In the bright side, I finally got this longer chapter done and on to the exciting part (:

"I'm pretty sure; Harry can stand a day with you Hermione. Right Harry?" Ron said looking at Harry expectantly.

"Um, yeah. Don't worry about me Hermione; I think I got plans of my own that day." Harry said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ron smiled. "Then it's settled then." Ron said before giving Hermione a quick kiss on the lips and then leaving the room.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up bright and early that morning to get ready for her and Ron's lunch date at the Three Broomsticks. She decided to pin her hair up and wear a simple red dress under her big coat.

Before Hermione was going to head to Hogsmeade, she knocked on Harry's door. I know he said he had plans, but maybe he would like to come with me. With no answer, Hermione decided to knock on the door again. Again, no answer. This time Hermione slowly opened the door, "Harry?". Disappointed, Harry was no where insight. What's wrong with me? Hermione pushed her disappointed feeling aside and apparated to Hogsmeade alone.

Arriving at Hogsmeade, Hermione checked her wristed watch. She still had thirty minutes till her scheduled lunch date with Ron. Maybe I will go to Tomes and Scrolls, and maybe that would cheer me up a little while I'm waiting for Ron.

As Hermione was making her way to Tomes and Scrolls she passed by Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. She smiled to herself seeing all the Hogwarts young couples, remembering Harry calling the shop "the haunt of happy couples". Her smile quickly faded away at the thought of Harry.

"I really need to stop thinking of Harry.", Hermione said to herself as she continued to make her way to Tomes and Scrolls refusing to let the familiar surroundings and old memories cause her to think and long for Harry.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ron sighed in relief he finally got the last Hogwarts student out of the shop just before his Valentine's lunch date with Hermione. Today was a very busy day; young couples came into the shop buying items for their Valentine's or buying things to play tricks on their fellow classmates. Ron quickly glanced at the clock and was happy that he only had five minutes left. Quickly straightening around the shop before closing the shop for lunch he heard a bell on the door ring from a customer coming in.

"Sorry, we are closed for lunch. Please come back in an hour or so.", Ron said irritated as he placed the product back on the shelf where it belong facing his back against the customer.

"I'm sorry", the customer apologized with a familiar voice. Ron quickly turned around to see who was this customer was.

Ron's blue eyes was set upon a certain sliver gray eyed blonde witch. "Luna?", Ron asked shock to find her in the shop.

"I'm sorry to bother you; I was just looking for George. I was supposed to meet up with him about the ad he wanted to advertise in The Quibbler.", Luna explained avoiding his beautiful blue eyes that makes her heart skip a beat.

"There is no need to apologize. If you are looking for George, you just missed him. He and Angelina went out for lunch."

"Oh, that's a shame I wanted to do the ad today. I've been busy lately at work and this was the only time was available to come over. I guess I'll just see you around, bye.", Luna said before rushing towards the door.

As Luna was just about to turn around a leave, she felt someone grab her arm and twist her body to face a certain blue eyed red head she had been trying to avoid looking at since she arrived.

"No, don't leave Luna.", Ron said. Luna looked at him disbelievingly. Is he really asking me to stay? Ron cleared his throat. "I-I mean you don't have to leave. I could help you out with the ad if you wanted me to.", Ron said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Luna had to take a moment to let the words that came out of his mouth to really sink in. Finally, realizing that Ron was staring at her waiting for an answer she shook her head. "No. It-it's alright really. Besides, you probably have plans with Hermione."

"I have nothing planned today.", Ron said totally forgetting the lunch date with Hermione. Luna looked at him like he had a Snorkack as a head. It's Valentine's Day and he doesn't have plans? "So how about that ad, eh?", Ron said pointing towards the back of the shop.

Luna hesitated for a moment, then finally gave in and smiled at Ron before walking towards the back of the shop.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was seating alone in the Three Broomsticks. Hermione was tapping her fingers against the table as she waited for Ron. She checked her watch for the fourth time since she came and sat down near the window. He is 20 minutes late. Hermione looked out the window to see if he was coming, no where insight.

She sighed to herself lightly disappointed and decided if he doesn't show up in ten minutes she will just go to the dress fitting all by herself. Well, if he isn't going to show up then he should have told me. I could have had lunch with Harry or do something more productive than sit here and wait for him.

Disturbing her thoughts she heard a tapping on the window. Her face totally just lit up at the sight of Harry waving and smiling at her. "Harry?!", Hermione said as she smiled then gesturing him to come join her.

After a few moments, Harry came and joined Hermione. "What are you doing here all alone? Where is Ron?", Harry asked.

"I don't know where he is. He is probably busy at work since obviously it's a Hogsmeade weekend and Valentine's Day." , Hermione said as if it was nothing. "What are you doing here?", Hermione asked trying to change the subject.

"I was just visiting McGonagall and Hagrid.", Harry answered. He was not really happy with the fact that Ron didn't even owled her to let her know that he couldn't make it.

"Oh, how have they been? I haven't seen them in a while."

"They are just fine."

"That is good to hear. By the looks of it, I don't think Ron is going to show up. Care to join me for lunch? I know that you are hungry.", Hermione asked.

Harry nods, "I would love to". Hermione laughs as she gestured Madam Rosmerta to come and take their order.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After eating, Hermione asked as they made their way out of the Three Broomsticks, "Harry, I know you said you had plans today. I just was wondering if you would like to accompany me for my dress fitting, but if you are busy I understand."

Harry handed her coat before putting on his and answered with a smile, "It would be my pleasure to accompany you."Hermione smiled trying to hide her happiness, but failed miserably as she put her coat on.

They walked side by side, hands in their pockets in silence lost in their own thoughts.

Harry was looking at how beautiful she looked right now with her face flushed because of the cold. She is so beautiful. Even with her hair just pinned up like that. I don't understand how Ron could stood her up like that.

Harry was soon disturbed from his thoughts when Hermione finally spoke. "What are you thinking, Harry?"

How beautiful you are and wondering why Ron stood you up. "Nothing, just-it's been a while since we have been at Hogsmeade together.", Harry made up.

Hermione laughed to herself. "Yes, about seven years. You Mr. Potter are getting old.", she teased as she poked him at his side.

"That's funny, I remember you, Ms. Granger being a year older than me.", he teased back.

"Shhh. That's a secret.", she said before they broke in a fit of laughter.

"Those Hogsmeade weekend were sure fun.", Hermione said looking into his green eyes.

"They sure were. Where is this wedding dress shop? I don't remember being here."

"We are almost there we just turn left here. Of course you wouldn't know. Seriously, Harry how many students would go to a wedding dress shop, unless they are going married."

"You got a point there, Granger."

"We're here.", Hermione pointed out to a little shop called "Hera's Wedding Dress Shop".

"Ms. Granger it's great to see you!", a beautiful middle aged woman greeted as Hermione and Harry entered the shop.

"It's great to see you too, Hera.", Hermione greeted back as Harry took Hermione's and his coat and placed it on the coat hanger.

"This must be your fiancé! It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Potter.", Hera greeted as she shook Harry's hand.

"I-um-it's a pleasure to meet you too, but I'm n-", Harry said shock trying to explain he was not Hermione's fiancé.

"That's enough chit-chat. Come along Ms. Granger off to get your measurements done. You wait out here.", Hera said pushing Hermione towards the dressing room while Hermione gave Harry a look like 'what the bloody hell did she just called you'.

"I can already tell you and Mr. Potter will have a long happy marriage.", Hera pointed out as she measured Hermione's bust smiling sweetly at Hermione.

"I-um-Hera about that, Harry is not my fiancé.", Hermione tried to explain. Hera looked at Hermione shocked.

"My apologizes.", Hera apologized still looking surprised that Harry was not Hermione's fiancé.

"Don't worry about it. It was clearly just a misunderstanding.", Hermione reassured.

"May I ask you a question, Ms. Granger?", Hera asked.

"Anything."

"Do you love your fiancé, whoever this mystery man is?", Hera asked seriously.

Hermione shot her a shock look. "W-why of course, Hera. Why would you ask a silly question like that? I wouldn't be marrying him if I didn't love him right?", Hermione answered.

"It's just that Ms. Granger, I have been in this business for many years and I can already tell when a marriage will last and when it will not because I can see it in their eyes if they are in love or not. I can see in both you and Mr. Potter's eyes the love I see in the couples whose marriages are long and happy."

"Not to be rude Hera, but that's absurd. Harry and-I a‒are not in l-love. We are friends; in fact we are best friends for as long as I can remember. Maybe that intense friendship confused you with love."

Hera nodded, "Maybe Ms. Granger. You are done now."

"That's it? I won't try on the dress?", Hermione asked.

Hera looked at her shockingly, "You would like to try on the dress?"

"Why yes, isn't that the reason why I came here?"

"Well-okay if you are willing to wait a few minutes as a place the adjustments.", Hera said as she left the dressing room to retrieve the dress without saying another word.

Harry and I in love? Hermione laughed at the thought, I have to admit lately I've been feeling weird around him, but that's because I haven't seen my best friend for five years. Of course, I would feel like this after never leaving his side before. We are just best friends. And this "feeling" I have recently is because I'm not use to of him being here, yet.

Hermione's thoughts were soon interrupted as Hera came back with the dress in her hands.

After the help of Hera of getting the dress on, Hermione decided to show Harry the dress and headed toward the waiting room.

Hermione cleared her throat to catch Harry's attention.

Harry's eyes were soon were set on the most beautiful woman he has ever saw.

"So, what do you think?", Hermione asked.

Harry was lost for words. Her dress was simple. It was just a heart strapless silk dress flowing freely towards the ground. "Yo‒You look absolutely stunning.", he finally spitted out.

Hermione blushed at his words. "Thank you, Harry.", she thanked looking at the floor avoiding his eyes.

Harry walked toward her and lifted her head with his finger causing her to face him. Harry looked at her sincerely and smiled. "Ron is a very lucky guy to have you as his bride.", he said truthfully staring at her beautiful brown eyes.

"Thanks, Harry.", Hermione said staring right back into his intense emerald eyes. Hermione swore she could see in a hint of sadness when he said those words to her. I wonder what that could mean. She thought as she continued to look into his eyes searching for the answer.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Thank you, Ron.", Luna said as she gathered up her stuff before leaving.

"No problem, Luna I'm always here if you need help. Stop by any time, okay?", Ron said as he walked her to the front doors.

"Thanks Ron, I really had fun today. Bye.", Luna said before leaving, tucking a strand behind her ear flashing a gentle smile at Ron.

"I had fun too. Bye.", Ron said before pulling Luna into a hug making Luna melt into his arms.

As soon as he let go, Luna dashed out of the shop as soon as she could without looking back. I can't do this. He's getting married. I thought I would be over this by now?

Ron watched dreamingly as Luna left. He didn't know why he pulled Luna into that hug before she left, but it felt so weird like her body fit perfectly into his body like a puzzle piece. It was great seeing her again. She seems different. It's like she not the same loony fifth year girl I met in sixth year. A good kind of different.

Ron was soon interrupted from his thoughts when he glanced at the clock. "Bloody fucking hell!", he cursed as he tried to get his cloak on and rush out the door. It was ten minutes before his lunch break was over and he totally forgot and missed his Valentine's lunch date with Hermione.

"Move!", Ron yelled as he pushed his way through the crowd of third years and up at the Three Broomsticks.

"Madam Rosmerta! Rosmerta!! Where is Hermione?", Ron asked.

"Sorry darling, she left about 20 minutes ago.", Rosmerta answered.

"Shite! She is going to kill me when I get home tonight.", Ron cursed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was back at the Burrow trying to read a book she bought at Tomes and Scrolls earlier that day but she was distracted by what Harry meant back at Hera's. The way he said it, his eyes was like hinting me that he meant something behind those words, but I have no idea. What could it be?

Soon there was a knock on Hermione's door. "Come in", she answered.

Ron entered the room with a dozen of red roses in his hands. "Hermione, I'm sorry I missed our lunch today, I bought you roses to make up for it. I hope you aren't upset with me."

Hermione kindly accepted the roses and placed them on her nightstand near her bed. She then kissed Ron sweetly on the cheek. "Thanks, Ron. That was very sweet of you." Ron blushed at her words. "But I'm not upset with you.", Hermione continued.

Ron stared at her disbelievingly. "Not upset with me?!". Ron then felt her forehead as if she had a fever. "Are you alright? Where is Hermione Granger and what have you done with her?", he teased.

"I'm here, Ron and yes I'm not upset."

"Are you sure you're not upset?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously. Ron, I swear if you ask me again I will then have something to be upset about and trust me I will hex you to next week if you don't stop."

"Fine. I'm sorry again.", Ron apologized before kissing her gently on the forehead and leaving the room.

Hermione truly wasn't upset or disappointed that Ron stood her up today. She wouldn't give a care in the world actually. Which is quite odd, normally she would be raging with anger right now. But honestly this time, she didn't know why.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: I hope you guys aren't upset with me and I hope that his update makes up for not updating it last week. Whoo hoo! Finally, I can begin to write about the wedding week!! I'm so excited and I have everything planned out! I hope they fit your expectations. It's going to be so much fun! Thank you guys for being patience and reading Things Don't Always Go as Planned. Please stay tuned and REVIEW!!! Readers reviews are the reason why I'm typing out this update instead of studying for my Chemistry exam tomorrow (not like I'm regretting it(; ).

If you would like to see what Hermione was wearing here are the links:

Red dress:

http://www.polyvore.com/red_belted_dress/set?.svc=copypaste&embedder=0&id=44699417

Wedding dress:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/126663808241389626_c4TGYmrh.jpg