Unofficial Portkey Archive

Wake-Up Call - It’s a Big, Bright World, Ronald Weasley by Nicole
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Wake-Up Call - It’s a Big, Bright World, Ronald Weasley

Nicole

Wake-Up Call - It's a Big, Bright World, Ronald Weasley

By: Nicole

Another 15MinuteFiclet.. These things are so fun.

Something about the boy was different, especially from both of his friends. He wasn't the funniest person in the world, but to her, he'd always be the brightness in the serious day in her life as a Ravenclaw. There were many things expected from you when you were a member of the house with the biggest reputation for being brainy, but she managed to find a way to be different.

She had done many things, but none of them were looking like a match for the wit and brains of his best female friend, the brainy, perfect Hermione Granger. The boy seemed enthralled with Hermione, but that didn't daunt the girl. For this girl was Luna Lovegood, and many things existed without logical proof or being seen, and everything was possible. She had no idea, unfortunately, what caused her to laugh at his joke on the way to school her fourth year, or what caused her to address him by his full first name. It just seemed natural to her, really. But the one thing she truly was unsure of was what made her seek him out on the train September first, 1995.

"Hello, Ronald," she said, tucking the Quibbler into her sack and her pencil behind her ear.

"What? Oh, hi Loon-Luna," he replied, seeming a bit surprised at her sudden appearance.

"You wouldn't mind if I sat down, would you? Everywhere else seems full, at least from the front to here."

So she hadn't gone past this compartment then. That would explain-

"Where are Harry and Hermione?" Luna asked in her normal dreamy tone. "I did not see them in any compartment before this one.

He wasn't sure whether he wanted to tell her about what had happened after the prefects had met at the front of the train. He had gone lagged behind, making sure Colin and Ginny found somewhere to sit, and had not gotten to Harry before Hermione had.. So 'lo and behold, when he had gotten back, he'd found his best friends having a most serious conversation, and had not the heart to interrupt them. By that time, the compartments had filled, all except for one, in which a couple seventh years had been snogging, but they had left upon his arrival.

He decided to tell her, and she listened quietly.

Then she spoke.

"Sometimes, Ronald, things don't always work out the way we had hoped. But we get over them, and we move on to other, often better, people and things. No matter what it is, be it love, friends, school, family… It all works out in the end."

Something told Ron that this was someone who had a bright outlook on everything. But it also seemed she'd made things seem a lot brighter for him as well. And he rather liked it.