Unofficial Portkey Archive

Asleep by ProphecyMarauder45
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Asleep

ProphecyMarauder45

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my first ever fanfiction! This story has been bouncing around my head for a few years now and only got the courage of putting it down in writing after much convincing from my boyfriend! Emily Browning's version of "Asleep" was the inspiration to this story. (Yes, the song originally sang by The Smiths) (And another yes, I am a hardcore Harmony shipper and damn proud of it!) I've been working on this story for a while. Where a story was supposed to be just a few chapters is now a full blown multi-chapter and I don't see it ending anytime soon! Well, here's the first chapter sooooo... Enjoy! :)

She didn't know what woke her. Her eyes adjusted to the dim room and it looked vaguely familiar. As her eyes roamed around, they settled on the person lying beside her. All memories of that night came flooding into her mind. A slow smile crept onto her lips as she lightly brushed his raven-colored hair.

After the weekly dinner with their friends, they decided to go to Harry's flat, as it was closer, for tea and a little catching up. Rain suddenly began pouring as they were walking. Harry grabbed Hermione's hand and ran towards his flat building. Both were drenched and laughing all the way to his front door. Before Harry opened the door, he looked at Hermione and just stared. His heartbeat was suddenly fast and loud he was sure Hermione could hear it. This was one of those moments he tried so hard to avoid, tried so hard to ignore. He was scared she will see what he's been trying to hide for years, scared she will see how much he truly loves her.

Curious as to why Harry suddenly stopped halfway from opening the door, she looked up to see him staring at her intently. Her breath caught in her throat from the way he was staring at her. How long had she longed for him to look at her like that? How long had she wished, hoped and prayed she would see all that love in his eyes directed at her? She didn't hesitate to let her eyes show what she's longed to show him, tell him but couldn't.

Harry could read her like a book and she can read him as well. He brought his hand to her face, gently touching her cheek. She closed her eyes at his caress, bringing her hand up to cover his. Before she could open her eyes, Harry leaned down and tentatively touched his lips with hers, as if asking for permission. She opened her mouth and poured every emotion, every bit of longing and love she had in her kiss. He met her passion with his own and hastily opened the door. They stumbled inside as he closed the door with his foot and wrapped his arms around her. He needed her closer; he needed her so much more than his next breath. Her arms went around his neck as her hands tangled with his shaggy hair. She couldn't believe this is finally happening. All those nights thinking and dreaming what it would be like to be in his arms and kissing him, they didn't compare to this. They moved towards his bedroom, stopping a few times while discarding each other's clothing.

When everything was on the floor, he picked her up and carried her to his bed. As he lay her down in the middle of his bed, Hermione looked up at him and gave him a small smile telling him that she wants this. He smiled back as he lay beside her, lightly touching her skin as he kissed her again. He will never get enough of her lips, her soft skin, and her warmth. As their kisses grew more heated, he moved and covered her body with his. He momentarily stopped kissing her, touched their foreheads together and held her head in his hands.

"Hermione," he whispered huskily.

"Yes Harry?" she replied.

"Before we do this, I just… I want you to know that this isn't just lust for me. It's more than that. You're more than that," he said as he drew back a little to stare at her eyes. Tears suddenly formed in her eyes but she couldn't help but smile.

"I know, Harry. I know. I have loved you for so long."

"And I you. I don't even remember the time when I didn't love you," he said, still looking straight into her eyes.

"Oh Harry…" Hermione whispered before crashing her lips to his. Harry answered her kisses with own as he shifts his body to meet hers. He could feel the heat from the center of her body, he knows she's ready.

"I love you so much, Hermione," he says against her mouth as he thrusts into her slowly.

She gasps as she felt him enter her. She wrapped her arm around his neck, the other rested on his back, as he started moving in and out of her. This was beyond anything she ever felt being with a man. Hermione just knew it would be different with Harry, but she didn't think just how much more it was going to be. She could feel his ragged breath on her ear, his heartbeat on her chest, and his arms around her.

Harry moved his head to kiss her as he moves faster. He could feel his peak coming but he refused to reach the edge before Hermione reached hers. He knew she's almost there when her moans changed, her breathing quickened and her hands tightened on his hair and back. Hermione came so hard, she swore she saw stars, and Harry followed her, spilling himself inside her. He collapsed on top of her and buried his head at the crook of her neck while willing his breath and heart to return to normal. She wrapped her arms around him, not wanting him to go, not even bothered with his weight crushing her. Harry rolled to his side but kept his arms around her.

"You were beyond amazing," he said, while tucking her hair behind her ear.

"So were you," she replied, smiling. Sated and relaxed, Harry rolled on his back and tucked her on his side. She rested her head on his shoulder and her hand on his chest as sleep overcame them both.

As she remembered the night's events, a distant memory came crashing to her mind as if it just happened yesterday. Her hand stopped its ministrations on Harry's hair as her blood turned cold and her breath was once again caught in her throat.

The day of the final battle was finally here. Everyone in the castle was preparing for the fight about to take place as soon as Voldemort and his Death Eaters arrive. She was running around a corner when she bumped into someone hard. She stood up as fast as she could and apologized, "I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going-," She was cut off as soon as she saw who the other person was.

"It's quite alright, my dear," Professor Trelawney quickly said.

Hermione hesitantly approached her and reached out her hand to help the professor to stand up. As soon as their hands touched, Professor Trelawney seemed to enter a trance. She had a far-away look on her face. Her eyes shifted suddenly to Hermione and her voice was deep when she spoke, "When the moon is almost full, you will achieve your heart's greatest dream but you will also inflict the greatest sorrow." Then she shook her head and said, "So sorry dear, did you say something?"

Hermione, eyes wide, quickly pulled Professor Trelawney to her feet and run past her. She only had one idea as to what the professor was taking about. It was the one thing she kept from her best friends. She tried to deny it before but knew it was inevitable. She didn't believe in Divination, thought it was all bollocks and quite useless, but after hearing the prophecy that brought them to where they are now, she was a bit shaken. She kept running until her lungs burned. She didn't know where in the castle she was until someone called out to her. She knew who it was without looking, she knew that voice anywhere. She stopped running and slowly turned to face her "greatest dream."

"Harry…"

She withdrew her hand from Harry's hair and sat up. She brought the sheet up her chest yet couldn't stop from trembling.

Could this be what she predicted all those years ago? I would finally be with Harry but I will cause him great sorrow? She thought to herself. But how? How am I going to cause him sorrow?

As she thought long and hard, she went back to the events earlier that night again. Her hand suddenly covered her mouth to smother her gasp as a realization dawned on her.

They forgot to perform the contraceptive charm.

Her hand slowly travelled to her mid-section.

What if I get pregnant? What will Harry say? She thought fearfully.

What was it that he wanted the most? You know better than anyone what his dream is. Another part of her answered.

I know but I can't have him sacrificing himself like that.

You're not even sure if you will be pregnant. Her logical part countered.

We forgot the bloody charm! And whether or not I will be pregnant, I will cause him great sorrow and I can't do that to him. Right now, he has his new career going for him and if I turn out pregnant, I will only hold him back.

You know he will do anything for you. You're his best friend and he loves you.

I do. But I love him too much to do this to him. I need to leave.

The thought brought tears to her eyes. Just when she finally had her dream within her grasp, something happens to ruin it. She didn't want to leave Harry but she knew she must. With resolve, she quietly left the bed and looked for her wand, summoned her clothes and dressed. After dressing, she looked at Harry's sleeping form and felt her heart break into millions of pieces. She looked for a piece of paper and pen and wrote a short letter which she left on the pillow next to Harry's head. She kissed his cheek lightly, praying he won't wake then walked out of his bedroom. Closing the front door behind her, she closed her eyes as tears fell and apparated to her own flat.

Harry woke with a jolt. He had a feeling something was wrong. Reaching out to where Hermione's body was supposed to be, he felt nothing but air. He whipped his head to his side and saw a paper on the pillow. He hurriedly opened the letter, dread seeping through his bones.

Tonight was amazing, Harry. I will never forget it.

But I must leave. I'm so sorry. I love you so much.

Hermione

He rubbed his eyes, hoping they were playing tricks on him, but no. I must leave. That line kept repeating in his head, over and over. He crumpled the paper and threw it across the room. He hastily dressed and ran out of his room.

"Hermione!" he shouted when he reached the sitting room. He ran to the kitchen, to his office. Nothing. He apparated to Hermione's flat.

"Hermione! Where are you?!" he shouted while checking every room in her flat. He went into her bedroom and saw that a lot of her things were gone and her closet was empty. He could feel cold fear creeping in his stomach. Hermione ran away. He didn't want to think it but he knows deep inside that was what had happened. He apparated again, going to Ron's flat and knocked on the door loudly.

"What the f-" Ron started angrily but was cut-off as he saw his best mate's face. "Harry? What's wrong? What happened?" he asked worriedly as he let Harry into the flat. Luna was standing at the entrance to the sitting room in a robe, looking worried as well.

"Hermione, she-" Harry began. He couldn't get the words out of his throat. "Hermione," he began again, "I told her how I felt about her earlier tonight. She told me-she told me she felt the same way and we made love but when I woke up… when I woke up she was gone. Said she had to leave. I went to her flat and her things and clothes were gone!" Harry couldn't help it and broke down, tears streaming down his face. "She fucking left and I have no bloody clue why! She just fucking left… she ran away… she's gone."

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'd love some reviews please! I'll be posting the next chapter in a few days. :)

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->