Unofficial Portkey Archive

Clueless by karenkate_kitty
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Clueless

karenkate_kitty

Complete Chapter 1

Title: Clueless

Author name: karenkate_kitty

Author email: karenkate_kitty@yahoo.com

Category: Romance

Subcategory: Drama

Summary: Book four was sealed with a kiss. Yup Hermione kissed Harry… ever wondered why? Seen in different Point of Views… Well, I'm just testing the waters if this type of writing works for me. Please R/R. Just a dose of a lot of fluffiness.

DISCLAIMER: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Book five is only a few months away but that doesn't stop me from hoping for a Harry Hermione relationship. Ey, this is my story so if you don't like it don't even bother reading. I would completely understand. Anyways it's for all of you H/Hr, R/L and D/G shippers out there. Hmm…. There would only be hints of the latter pairing coz' I'd be focusing on the three main characters but just as well you guys ought to know it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERMIONE

So there I kissed him. I kissed Harry one of my best friends. What was I thinking? My, gosh! I think my face is flushed red. I really have to make a run for it.

"Bye Hermione, have a nice summer!" I heard Harry called out to me.

Okay I had to look back at him or he'd think something's wrong with my. "Bye Harry!" There, good thing mom and dad are already here. Oh no I forgot my things. Geez, Hermione what's wrong with you? Oh, know I'm talking to myself now.

"Hermione dear what's wrong?" Mom asked me.

"Mom, dad. I forgot my things I have to get back and get them," I told them as I dashed back to the platform. I hasten back in front of the wall between nine and three quarters. Ron was still there looking after my trolley. Good thing Harry and his uncle had left.

"Good you're back. Finally I can catch up with mom and dad. Why did you run like a wild goose back there?" Ron asked me. I can see he was trying to be sarcastic.

"I was so excited to see my parents. I missed them a lot you know?" I told him. I'm not quite sure if he bought it. "Thanks for looking after my things," he was nice enough to wait for me.

"Anything for you Hermione," he said. I think he was mocking me but who cares, my parents are waiting for me. I had to go back to the car and before I forget I have to bring my things back with me.

"Hey, don't I get a goodbye kiss too?" Ron called out to me.

Oh, he's teasing me again. Sometimes Ron is such an awful git! "Dream on Weasley!" I told him off then I made my way back to my parents' car.

"Mom, dad lets go home," I told them. Dad helped me load my trunk at the back seat beside me. Crookshanks was fast asleep in his basket.

The drive home wasn't really that long. It's a good thing we lived in muggle London I'm close to just about any place I want to go to whether it's Diagon alley or just the local book shop.

It had been quite a year for me. Looking back at my fourth year. Why am I thinking like it happened years ago? I just got back from school. Well, it was quite a long year. Harry competed in the Triwizard Tournament. Viktor Krum the Bulgarian Quidditch player became my date in the Yule Ball. I got my self in the news being accused of two timing my best friend Harry Potter and resulting for many of the female wizarding population to hate me. It had been a very stressful year at school and still if you compare what I've been through to what Harry had experienced, mine would sound like a walk in the park.

Harry and Ron have been my friends for four years now. Who would have thought I'd become best friends with those two. Well, I'd probably be friends with Harry but not Ron, if it weren't for that troll, things would have been different for us. I owe those two my life but I come to think of it, if Ron hadn't said those things about me I wouldn't have locked myself in that bloody bathroom. Hmm… what's done is done and I wouldn't have wanted it in any other way. I was lucky to have them as my friends, especially Harry. Who would have thought I'd be a friend of the Boy-who-lived, surely I never thought that would happen and well, it did. To my surprise he wasn't that super powerful being who won over the Dark Lord that I pictured him to be from the books I've read. When we got to Hogwarts on our first year, he was as clueless as every other first year.

"Honey, we're home!" I was a bit startled by that. I got out of the car and dad got my trunk out of the car and into the living room. Home sweet home! I've missed this place. Can't wait to get inside my room.

"Mom, dad can I go and rest in my room? I'll just get my trunk upstairs with me," I told them and started on the stairs dragging along with me my trunk. Crookshanks was up and was leading the way to my room.

"Okay, honey we'll just call you down when supper's ready," I heard my mom say.

"Thanks mom," I called out to her. So here I am in the comfort of my room. With fresh sheets and surrounded by my favorite things. Geez, I'm starting to feel sorry for Harry. He's probably stuck in that small storage room of his cousin. Hmm… he used to stay inside the cupboard, I can't believe that some people can be so cruel, especially towards Harry. He's the nicest most down to earth person I know, muggle or wizard. Well, I've been thinking about Harry and to think we were together just today at the train.

"Come here Crookshanks," I called my cat. He's a really nice cat unlike what Ron says about him. He's a very good cat and a very smart one too. He leaped on my lap and he purred as I rubbed the back of his neck.

"What do you reckon Harry's doing right now?" great now I'm resorting to talking to my cat. "Do you think the Dursley's would treat him well?" Who was I kidding, expecting my cat to answer my questions? My ginger cat suddenly leaped off me and went to my study desk. He placed his paws on the parchment.

"Yah, maybe I should write him and ask him," Crookshanks was probably tired of my asking him too much questions.

Here goes nothing:

Dear Harry,

I know that we were just together in the train today but I just wanted to know how you're doing? Did you get home safely? Are they treating you well? I hope they do or I'll get you out of there myself. Take care of yourself just like what I told you before whatever happened that night of the third task it isn't your fault and we're all glad that you survived that ordeal. I miss you already.

Love,

Hermione

Was that too much? Nah, he's my friend it's okay to be all worried about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey dinner's ready!" I heard dad call out. Hmmm… I must have dozed off. Who's that hooting outside my window? Ow, it's Hedwig, which means a letter from Harry. I opened the window and let the owl in. I took the letter from her leg and it read:

Dear Hermione,

I got home safely don't worry. I know you're going to ask me that. They're awfully quiet here and not minding me at all maybe Dumbledore sent them a letter or something. I just wish all three of us are together. I'll be missing you this summer. Are you going to Bulgaria? I was kind of hoping I can stay at your house for the summer since I've been spending most of it with the Weasleys I just thought hanging out with you would be fun. Write to me soon.

Love,

Harry

Wow! He wants to spend summer here at my house. I guess I have to tell Viktor that I can't go to Bulgaria this summer. I'll just add a few lines to my letter. I sent Hedwig back to Harry with my letter.

"Dinner was exceptionally wonderful tonight," I commented.

"Is there anything you want to ask us honey?" dad said. I guess he knew me too much to know what I was getting at.

"Actually, there is. My friend Harry had been through a very tough ordeal this year and well, they don't treat him nicely at home. I was hoping maybe he can spend the rest of the summer vacation with us?" I asked them. From the looks on mom's face I don't see any objections now what would my fate be lies in my dear ole father's hand.

"I think that would be nice Stan," mom said. Thank God for her blessed soul. (n/a: I don't know Hermione's parent's name so I'll just use Stan and Eve. You ask why? Coz I feel like it!)

"Well, okay, I don't see any harm in inviting your friend. But I have to tell you; you have to put that up next week because tomorrow your cousin Larisse will be here for five days with her family before they go to Paris. We cannot accommodate more than three people," dad agreed.

Larisse, my American cousin is coming. Oh goody what beautiful timing. I went up to my room as soon as I finished cleaning up the dishes. I wrote to Harry as soon as I got in my room and informed Dumbledore of our plans and sent both letters away with Diana our family owl. Dad and mom had to buy one so they can send me owl post. Larisse is my favorite cousin she's very pretty and smart. I can't wait till tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RON

"Hermione must have grown mad!" I told Fred and George. We had finally made it to the burrow.

"Really Ronniekins?" Fred said using that bloody nick name on me again.

Hermione kissed Harry! What was that all about and well, she didn't kiss me. Ron you freak. `You're jealous of Harry! After all the hell he had been through you're acting like a stupid git!' I scolded myself.

"Ron is anything wrong with you?" Ginny asked me. I was a bit startled but I managed to smile that pathetic smile I always make when I don't feel like answering her question.

"Ow, I know what's wrong with ickle ronniekins! He's jealous," George started on me again. "You all saw what happened at the train station and well, our boy here had grown up and is infatuated with little miss Granger."

Fred and George were making fun of me again, but they picked out the wrong topic. "Sod off you two!" and I stormed up to my room. What the hell were they thinking making fun of me. And it's not true I'm not jealous! Am I?

"Pig will you keep quiet!" I scolded that little hyperactive owl and well, I think it has a mind for it stayed and perched quietly on his little swing.

This is pathetic. I'm not going to stay in this room forever I need fresh air. I just need it. I better go for a little flying. I hope Charlie's broom is still in his room.

Up I went to my big brother's room. He's in Romania so I don't think he'll mind. I got his old comet. It wasn't that bad. I went flying out from his window.

Hovering around the beautiful hillside. The Burrow isn't so bad. I love my home even if it isn't as big as the Malfoy Manor. I miss my friends too. I wish Harry would be flying with me even if he'd make me eat dust with his Firebolt. And Hermione would be scolding us because she'd be getting a heart attack with our little game of Quidditch. I miss those two.

"Ron! Hi there!" I heard someone yell at me. Who was that?

"Down here!" it was Lavender in a pink dress. What is she doing here?

"Ey, what are you doing out here?" I asked as I made my way down to meet her.

"I was just walking by just beyond that hill taking a sunset stroll, then I saw you flying around this area that's why I came here," Lavender said in her prim and proper manner I've always noticed that in her.

"So are you saying we're neighbors now?" I asked her. Okay, now I've got company.

"Not really I'm just spending my summer with my cousins. My parents had to go to Italy for some business proposition or something?" she told me. Well, it was fun seeing a familiar face but it isn't the same as having Harry and Hermione around. Oh, well at least I have someone I can talk to while those two are away.

"Say Lavender, ever wanted to ride the broom?" of course she has ridden, as she was in your flying class in the first year. Are you out of your wits Weasley! Why do I have all this silly thoughts?

"Ron I said I'd love to take a spin," she must have answered my question ages ago and I was too stupid to notice.

"Well, hop on then, I'll give you a ride," I told her. She smiled and got in front of me. Well, here we go. And we flew around the hillside. The sunset was brilliant. I flew Lavender back to her house, well, her cousin's house to be precise and before I left she kissed me on the cheek. Isn't that bloody great? I head back home and I guess the twins got the hint that I'm furious with them that they didn't bother me at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late at night in my room I'm restless. Hermione kissed Harry, that's been running and popping around my head. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm sounding more absurd every minute. Hmm… maybe I should write Harry.

I got a piece of parchment and startled scribbling some stuff:

Dear Harry,

How are you mate? Well, I hope the Dursley's treating you well? I wish you could spend the summer with us. I know you're dying to get out of there. I'm going to ask mum and dad tomorrow. Write me back if you think it's a good idea. Harry, don't you think Hermione's acting odd lately? (Sheesh, maybe I should erase this one, nah he wouldn't see anything wrong with my question.) Do you reckon she'll go to Bulgaria? Well, I hope to hear from you soon. Please give Pig something to eat coz I think he's going to be too hungry when he gets there.

Your Friend,

Ron

"Pig take this to Harry," I tied the letter on the little owls leg who couldn't hold still then I sent him out of my window. There now, I'll be seeing a lot of Lavender, maybe I should tell Ginny so she can ask her over. No, the twins would have something to plague me with. Hmm… stop the inner conversations Ron. You need a shot eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HARRY

Now where did that come from? Hermione kissed me, but why? Harry, don't be silly she's your best friend and it's just typical for her to give you a goodbye kiss. Typical? She had never done that before? Okay now my own head is a battlefield.

"Boy what on earth is wrong with you? Get inside the bloody car," uncle Vernon started. Oh boy I'm in for a rough day. The drive home wasn't that long and aunt Petunia was awfully quiet. Dudley on the other hand was teasing me.

"Oh, Harry has himself a girlfriend," my fat cousin started. Oh I just don't feel like arguing and well, he can say anything he likes. We reached home and the last thing echoing in my head was Dudley's last statement, "Harry got himself a kiss from his bushy-head girlfriend!"

I went up my room and locked myself in carrying my trunk and Hedwig's cage of course. I had to remind myself that I'm not allowed to do magic outside Hogwarts because I had been itching to give Dudley some pig ears. I just got to get out of this house maybe I can ask Hermione to let me stay with her and her family. But didn't Viktor invite her to visit Bulgaria? Well, the better to ask her now before she goes on that trip. It's not like I had any objections with her being around Krum, have I?

So I wrote her that letter saying I'm all good and that the Dursley's aren't bothering me. I didn't tell her about Dudley I don't think it's appropriate and besides she might think I didn't like my cousin's teasing because of her, she'll only be offended. Come to think of it Dudley didn't annoy me at all or maybe I was with the bushy haired part. There's nothing wrong with bushy hair, is there? Well, I have to ask her if I could come. I just hope her parent's will let me come. The Dursley will have a feast because they could get rid of me. I sent Hedwig off with the message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept for a while I think. Hedwig is back. What time is it anyway? Dear lord, it's 1 am. The Dursley's didn't even wake me. I still have to read Hermione's reply.

Dear Harry,

I'm glad you're okay. I'd love for you to come over. Since you're coming I don't think I have any plans of living for Bulgaria. Viktor would understand. I'll ask mum and dad at dinnertime about your visit and I think they would love to have you here too. I'll write to you about the outcome and Harry, I hope they're not over working you there. Be careful Harry and sleep tight.

Love,

Hermione

Great! I'll be out of here in no time. I had the urge of opening my school trunk and got my photo album out. I looked at our old pictures, my mum and dad and my little self on the first page. On the second page was a picture of my parent's on their wedding day and Sirius my godfather. Wait there's a girl beside Sirius in this picture. I've never seen her before. She's pretty and from the looks on this picture she's involved with Sirius she just kissed him on the cheek. Who could this girl be? Maybe I'll write to Sirius about this sometime. I went on scanning the pictures in the album. I came across our pictures, me Ron and Hermione. I think this one was taken on our first year. We look so young. Now I think this other one was from the Yule Ball. Parvati, and me I have to say she was pretty. Cho was pretty too with her clinging to Cedric. I feel terrible. I just couldn't look at those pictures with Cho in it. I'm the reason why she lost Cedric. She must have loved him a lot and I destroyed their relationship by letting him die.

`It's not your fault Harry,' Hermione's voice echoed in my head. I had to remind myself that over and over. Could I help it if I felt guilty? I was now looking at Hermione's picture at the Yule Ball with Viktor. She looks so pretty, so all grown up. I was too thick not to notice it and Ron did, Hermione my ever-faithful best friend. She had gone through a lot for me and I never even cared to thank her. Well, I get a chance to do that when I visit her. Oh please make her parent's say yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up rather early. The sky was still dark. Perched at my open window was a beautiful barn owl. And flying and hooting around my room was Pigwideon luckily he hasn't awaken the Dursley's. I read Hermione's letter first.

Dear Harry,

Mum and dad said you could come only we have to put it up till next week because my cousin and her parents are coming over for five days and our house isn't big enough for all of us. Well, pick you up next Monday. You can stay with us for the rest of the summer. I wrote Dumbledore about it (So much like Hermione to be very careful. A smile broke in my face. I haven't smiled for a while and the reasons why I did was Hermione.) I know that You-know-who is still out there and like Moody said constant vigilance. See you soon Harry. Sorry we couldn't get you out there tomorrow but as soon as the house is spacious enough we'll be at your doorstep picking you up.

Love,

Hermione

I read Ron's letter afterward. From all the things I've read I have come up with a theory that he fancies Hermione, not that I can blame him. `Hermione's wonderful and pretty and, shut it Harry! She's your best friend. Have you forgotten that?' I told myself.

I answered both letters and before the sun was completely out in the horizon I started on making breakfast. I think I could live here for a week. I can wait that long then after that I can be with Hermione and her family. I told Ron about my going to Hermione's, he also invited me but I can't back out now. I was the one who asked Hermione to let me stay with her and it wouldn't be nice if tell her that I'm going to stay with Ron instead.

The day went well, I didn't wait for the Dursley's to tell me to do chores I simply did it without being asked. I just don't feel like hearing them yell at me not that they didn't grab the opportunity when they had it although I think it was less than the usual random attacks of urges to say my name in a higher pitch with a hint of fury or anger.

I'm looking forward to this summer. Well, after a week of waiting I'll be spending my days with regular happy muggle family. What is Ron or Hermione doing today?

To be continued…

Author's note: Here I'm starting a new fic with succeeding chapters since my Story the Last Task would soon come to an end. But this story is a bit lighter. A feel good fic is what I intend to create. Hope you like this one… R/R