Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Return of The Phoenix by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Return of The Phoenix

Kai_Lun_Mau

Chapter 3: Crucioooooooooh Hell!

Harry sighed as he stood in front of the Grimmauld Place fireplace waiting his turn to floo to Diagon Alley. It had taken a lot of pleading and several threats to convince the order members to allow him to go with Ron and Hermione to get the rest of his school things. He could remember the shock he felt when he got his owl results back. An O in potions no less, it was amazing what the complete lack of that greasy prat Snapes presence could do for his academic ability. The rest he was fairly confident about. That he would pass his defence against the dark arts was a certainty and charms and transfiguration were with Hermione's assistance also in the bag. He knew Sirius would have been proud of him but even as he thought his name Harry could feel the anger and pain building inside of him. Focusing within himself he took those feelings and wrapped them tightly and locked them away inside. He knew the power of emotion when using magic, and the next time he met up with Lestrange he was going to let those feelings loose and make her sorry she ever escaped from Azkaban.

He glanced around the room his gaze settling first on Ron then on Hermione and he fought the urge to sigh. It was the end of summer everyone was in shorts and T-shirt and frankly the atmosphere in here at the moment made the inside of the freezer seem warm. Finally it was his turn and with a throw of powder and an explosion of green flame Harry staggered out into the Leaky Cauldron in time to see Ron slap away Hermione's offered hand to help him to his feet. Hermione's face went cold and she turned and stalked away leaving Ron to get himself to his feet.

Harry scowled, he was getting tired of the constant petty arguments between Ron and Hermione and if they continued he was going to have to get involved. He shook his head as he crossed through the Leaky Cauldron and made his way out towards the entrance of Diagon alley.

*************

The morning passed quickly with trips to the apothecary, Madam Malkins and now they would stop for ice cream at Florean Fortescues. Ron walked behind Harry and Hermione watching them closely for any signs of more than friendly behaviour. He scowled as he watched Hermione start laughing at something Harry had said and he groaned as pain flared along along his forearms. He stumbled for a moment before feeling someone catch him as he fell.

Harry stared at his friend anxiously. "Ron you alright there mate?"

Ron almost snarled pushing Harry away. "It's nothing…I tripped." He stepped past a stunned Harry and strode on into the ice cream parlour. Soon enough the three of them sat outside in the sun finishing off their ice creams in quiet but soon they each finished and soon the simple quiet turned into an uncomfortable silence. Hermione sighed and set her spoon down in the empty ice cream container and glanced at Ron trying not to start crying. she was just so mad at him. "I'm going to Flourish & Blotts to get my books." She stood and turned all but running off into the crowds.

Ron scowled as he watched her run off and mumbled softly under his breath. "Tease." He turned and glanced at Harry. "What?"

"I'm just curious as to why both my friends are doing nothing but fight with each other, I want to know why you have been acting like a complete prick since I arrived at Grimmauld Place." Harry frowned. "What is going on with you and Hermione Ron, you're my best friends and I'd like you to stop bickering so we can be friends again."

Harry tossed his spoon down on the table in disgust. "Damn it Ron, you're both supposed to be best friends, what happened between you and Hermione?"

Ron smirked in an unpleasant manner. "Before you arrived I asked her to go out with me, to be my girl friend." He snorted. "She said no, said she could only be my friend."

Harry shook his head staring at his friend. "So she says no and you spend the rest of the summer making her miserable, bloody hell Ron."

"That's right, Harry bloody Potter hero of the down trodden and righter of wrongs." Ron folded his arms across his chest. "Just leave it alone Harry."

"No, you saw her Ron she's about ready to start crying and I will not let you treat her like you did back in first year Ron, I won't allow it." Harry glared at his friend across the table. "I thought you were better than that."

"Know what Harry, just fuck off." With that Ron stood and stormed off heading towards Quality Quidditch Supplies. Harry just stared at the back of his retreating friend in shock. He knew after the events in fourth year that Ron had a tendency towards jealousy and a streak of pettiness inside him but he never knew it was so big. Right now Harry knew he was more likely to thump Ron rather than talk to him sensibly so he decided he would look for Hermione and see if he could calm her down before she did something permanent to Ron with her wand.

He made his way down Diagon Alley when he began to notice that the crowd was slowly increasing coming from the other direction. Looks of panic and fear on many of the faces and slowly and ice cold feeling settled in Harry's gut as he began to push his way through the crowd. Suddenly in the distance he could hear the cries of spells being cast and the flashes of light. Drawing his wand he darted out into the street to find himself in the middle of a pitch battle between Ministry Aurors and Death Eaters and there in the thick of it stood Hermione back to back with Tonks, wand drawn rattling through her arsenal of spells.

Harry felt the rage and anger he had been supressing all summer trying to break free. Calmly he aimed his wand at a Death Eater and muttered the stunning spell and with a loud boom a jet of crimson light blasted the target backwards several feet. With a grim determination Harry waded into the fight. His wand firing hexes and spells in rapid succession. In the corner of his eye he could see several members of the order of the Phoenix apparate into the street slowly turning the tide of the battle in favour of the good guys. Suddenly he heard the crazy laughter of the one person he longed to face. Bellatrix Lestrange stood unminding of the spells being cast at her as the rebounded off her Protego shield charm.

"TONKS!"

Harry spun at Hermione's shouted warning to the young Auror as a blasting curse exploded a few feet from her sending the metamorphagus crashing into the wall bleeding from several shrapnel wounds. "Hermione!" Harry darted across the street as he watched Bellatrix draw a bead on the young woman. He slammed into her bowling her over just as a jet of emerald green light of the killing curse soared over the top of them. Harry snarled and in that instant unleashed every emotion, every ounce of hatred he had for the woman. "STUPEFY!" And what jetted from the tip of his wand looked nothing like the usual spell. Harry slid along the road several feet from the recoil of the release. He watched as the ball of magic several metres in diameter rocketed down the street like a comet and slammed into the crazy Death Eaters shield charm and smashed it, blowing her clean off her feet and into the wall.

Hermione watched in stunned awe as Harry's spell smashed into Lestrange, then in horror as Lestrange stood and started to laugh in that awful insane cackle before she spun on her heel and raced down an alley and Harry gave chase. "Harry no!" It was no use, as Harry had no thought in his head besides destroying Lestrange. Climbing to her feet Hermione started to race after Harry hoping she would prevent something awful from occurring.

Harry ran. He had no idea how Lestrange had got up after that spell but he would not let her get away. He tore down the cobblestone streets hot on her heels with revenge in his heart and mind, but so focused was he on the woman in front he failed to notice the several robed figures until it was to late. He yelled in surprise as several hexes came at him all at once and he skidded to a halt and dived into an open doorway. He peered around the wooden frame and his heart stopped as he watched Hermione round the corner after him. "Mione!" He rose like the wrath of god and strode out of the doorway wand in hand unminding of the spells that streaked towards him and he let loose a Reductor curse that blasted a ten-meter hole in the street scattering the Death Eaters. He snatched Hermione's hand and dragged her into the open door. They ducked behind the wall taking deep breaths trying to calm their nerves.

Hermione was furious as she looked at Harry. "Are you insane what were you thinking, you could have been killed chasing after her!"

"She killed Sirius, I am not letting her get away!" Harry growled at her as he rounded on her. "I didn't ask you to follow me!"

"What in the name of Merlin is going on here!" A voice cried in dismay. "This is a hotel not a play ground!"

Harry turned to face the rather snobbish sounding gentleman. "In case it escaped your notice there are Death Eaters outside intent on killing me and my friend."

"Poppycock young man, those articles in the Prophet are simple scare mongering, there are no Death Eaters, now I'll ask you to leave." The concierge sniffed in disdain as he yanked open the door of the hotel to escort the two teens back into the street and was struck down as several Avada Kedavras struck him on the chest blasting him backwards sending him sliding across the marble floor.

"Come on out Potter, you know you can't win, come out and we will make it quick for you and the mudblood."

Harry's hand tightened around his wand and he growled under his breath, it was a trap and he fell for it and now Hermione was trapped with him. He looked at his best friend her face pale from fear but determined. "Go to hell Lestrange. He pointed his wand out the open door in the general direction of the voices. "Stupefy!"

There was a pop of displaced air and Harry and Hermione spun around surprised. "Crucio!" Harry screamed as his nerves exploded in pain, he curled up in a ball screaming his throat raw but on the edge of his hearing he could also hear the screams of Hermione.

Shrill laughter filled the lobby of the hotel and the curses where stopped and Bellatrix stood over the gasping Harry and a sobbing Hermione. "That is what a Cruio is supposed to feel like Whelp!"

"Yeah well this is what a Mouko Takabisha is supposed to feel like!" Bellatrix looked up surprised at the interference and smirked in a disturbing manner, her gaunt face pulled in disturbing lines. "Protego!" So you can imagine her surprise when the blue ball of energy passed straight through her shield charm and blasted her clear through the wall.

"Damn I didn't realise Kodachi had an older sister."

"Baka, she doesn't have any sisters thank god, Kuno is bad enough."

Harry groaned in pain as he pushed himself to his feet and staggered to the crying Hermione and gathered her in his arms and cradled her tightly. He looked at his rescuers. The young man sported a red Chinese shirt and a black pigtail his smile a satisfied smirk, beside him stood a pretty girl around the same age wearing a yellow sundress with blue-black hair. "H...H...How the hell did you do that!" Harry yelled at the boy. The girl flashed Harry a stunning smile and turned to the left slightly as a Death Eater ran through the door wand raised pointed at the Asian couple and Harry could only stare in shock as the boy seemed to blur out of sight and the Death Eaters wand vanished from his grip and he met the business end of a blue glowing Mallet driving him into the marble floor.

The boy reappeared and stared at the girl's handy work. "Damn Akane he's still awake, you losing your touch or what." He stared at the robes in disgust. "And I dun care what Dumbledore Sensei says I ain't wearing a dress to school."

"Rrrranmaaa!" The mallet reappeared briefly glowing menacingly in the young girl's hands.

Harry could only watch in stunned surprise as the young man yelped and covered his head with his hands. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" Akane smirked and gently tapped him on the head with the mallet before it vanished once more.

Suddenly more pops of displaced air filled the room and Ranma and Akane both feel into combat stances as the new arrivals appeared. Harry sighed with relief as he saw Tonks all right along with Lupin and Moody. "It's ok they are friends."

The girl nodded and relaxed while the boy studied the three new arrivals carefully. Akane turned to look at Harry and Hermione. "Sorry about that, is your girlfriend ok?" Harry just blinked giving her a clueless expression she recognised to easily from her fiancés face and she sighed.

"Who are you people?"

Akane turned to face Lupin and bowed slightly while Ranma chuckled nervously his hand reaching up to scratch the back of his head. "Akane Tendo and Ranma Saotome. Sorry about this."

TBC…

AN: There you go people another chapter revised and posted. For all those people reading Blind Confrontations I apologise about the delay but I have a serious case of Writers block so I decided to work on this for a while.

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau