Unofficial Portkey Archive

Sweet Dreams by padfoot_puppyeyes
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Sweet Dreams

padfoot_puppyeyes

A.N.- Alaina Lou, this fanfic is dedicated to you, only because you gave the idea to me in the first place! (Yes, Moony really can have a good idea, catch that, ProngsGurl?) It was excellent! I don't know where it'll end up, but I know it'll be kind of short, and it'll be a lot of laughs getting there.

"I hate you, Evans." James said, as his face came closer to mine. Our lips were almost touching, and if I wanted to pull away, it had to be now. And even as I told myself not to, I felt myself give in and meet him half-way into the kiss, mumbling in reply,

"I hate you too." The common room was bleary, and the noises of the crackling fire where muffled. Each breath seemed to burn my lungs, and as I struggled to breath, my lips barely met James Potter's for an innocent kiss. It was a simple, sweet kiss, but my lips felt as if they were on fire. The room seemed to spin dangerously, and yet still we were still kissing. I felt myself relax in James's arms, and allowed sleep to take me. I was in his arms, and everything would be all right.

I sprung strait up, were someone was leaning over me, and our heads met painfully in the middle. In the blinding pain and splitting headache, I fell off the bad, got tangled into the hangings, and landed in a knot of sheets and curtains on the stone floor. The water jug, balanced on the table next to the bed, tipped on its side, pouring the entire pitcher of ice-cold water onto my pajamas. Even as I tried to stand to turn the loud and beeping magical alarm off, I tripped on the hangings once again and brought them down on my head, landing flat on my face on the freezing cold stone floor. The person that had been foolish enough to lean over me to wake me, Marie, was already standing to turn off the alarm and holding her head with her left hand. Her normally perfect hair blond hair was in tangles, and her bright blue eyes seemed to be tearing in pain. Our dorm mates were only just waking up at the noise we had caused, and a few were clutching their wands and looking wide-awake, probably expecting another Death Eater attack. But this was much worse, I told myself. Not only had James Potter been in my dreams. He's kissed me!

Thankfully, that's all they were. Nightmares, really which weren't a very good sign of things to come, considering that this was the first day of my seventh and final year at Hogwarts. And it was bothering me that any boy, let alone James, had been in my dreams. As I said before, it wasn't a very good omen.

But when I told Marie, she seemed to agree. Her face was screwed up in disgust as we pulled back our hair, gathered our books and bags, and walked down the dormitory stairs to the common room. Hoping to avoid the Marauders on our first day, particularly James Potter, I rushed through the common room and down to the Great Hall, Marie at my heels.

My first class, had been Arithmancy, and as the Professor droned on and on about the importance of this year, with the N.E.W.T.'s, I ignored her easily, trying to figure out the dream and it's meaning, so I could stop it from happening again. As I rushed to grab my books and quills, Potter and his friends walked strait at me. Afraid of James Potter somehow knowing of the dream from the look in my eyes, I kept my head down and made a run for Marie. Too late.

"Oi, Evans, wait up!" James called, even as class ended and I hurried to avoid any conversation with him.

"Go away, Potter, I haven't changed my mind at all over the summer, and I know when the next date to Hogsmade is. Bring one of your fan club along, and LEAVE ME ALONE!" I think I said those harsh words more to assure myself that I still hated him, to assure myself that those feeling I'd had in my dream were only there because it was only a dream. Potter gave me an unfathomable look.

"Professor Dumbledore wants to meet with us to begin our planning as Head Girl and Boy after dinner tonight, the password's licorice." James muttered, after a while, as Sirius Black and his other friends, including the spineless Remus Lupin, watched in pure amazement and disgust. I nodded, not wanting to thank or apologize to Potter, but unable to find anything else to say, and made my way out the door, joining Marie at her side.

"Look, I hate Potter too, but that might've been just a bit harsh." She said, as all of the Marauders fan club stared at us both in anger on the behalf of James. Sometimes I swear Marie's way too soft hearted.

"What was I supposed to think he would say to me? I mean, that's the first time we've talked that he hasn't asked me to become one of his- his…"

"Toys?" Marie asked, and I nodded. I was starting to feel guilty for my temper. Then the yearly back-to-school prank was played, and the Slytherin first years jumped as their once silver and green ties now became living, scarlet and gold garden snakes. Somehow, I didn't feel very guilty for my actions anymore.

A.N.- sorry, this prelude/chapter one had to be short, as I was writing and checking it, my mother was forcing me to be in bed by ten, as it's a Thursday, and I'm only thirteen. I know this was sort of rushing it, and could've used more time to develop, but I found the idea of her first day being a nightmare, and had make the Chapter quicker than most. I need three reviews before I can do any updating. I know it's a little mean, but they only take one word, maybe two seconds, and then you can pretend you never read my story. I really do appreciate all reviews, thank you.