Unofficial Portkey Archive

Eternal Rhapsody by Sapphire Rose
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Eternal Rhapsody

Sapphire Rose

~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters; they all belong to J.K Rowlings and Warner Brothers. Although I wish I did lol.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Alright I originally intended for this to be a one chapter fic but my mind took over and made it into something more. It's still going to be short but it will be 5 chapters and possibly, MAYbe have a sequel. I know I should be working on my other fics but I have a HUGE writers block, this is the first thing I'm able to write in a year. I have written a few pages but I don't want to post it until it's done. So anyway about my brand new story. As always it's Harry/Hermione pairing. Ron is in it but it's centered completely on Harry and Hermione's relationship. In the beginning though it starts out at Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione, I know not my typical thing but it's important to the plot so forgive me. Also forgive me if they seem a bit out of character. Majority of the story takes place after Hogwarts and is based on books 1-5. Important things you need to know: Any writing in bold is when characters are speaking to the readers, Italic writing is when there is a flashback, and normal writing is anything else like talking within the story. Hope you ALL enjoy the new story. PLEASE read and review!

~*~*~*~

Eternal Rhapsody

Prologue: Now and Then

Chapter 1/5

By: Sapphire Rose (aka Lily Flower)

Look into my eyes - you will see

What you mean to me

Search your heart - search your soul

And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for

You know it's true

Everything I do - I do it for you

Look into my heart - you will find

There's nothin' there to hide

Take me as I am - take my life

I would give it all - I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for

I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more

Ya know it's true

Everything I do - I do it for you

There's no love - like your love

And no other - could give more love

There's nowhere - unless you're there

All the time - all the way

Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more

I would fight for you - I'd lie for you

Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you

Ya know it's true

Everything I do - I do it for you

Bryan Adams: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

~*~*~*~

Have you ever loved someone so much that it eats you up inside? That you need to keep them away to protect yourself from being hurt and at the same time you need them in order to breathe. Exhausting isn't it? Well this gives you a small look at how I came to be standing here right now. Love is a wonderful thing but it's an adventure when you're 'The Boy Who Lived', the boy that defeated Voldemort at least six times or more, I lost count around three.

It's been at least five years since Voldemort has been gone and for the first time I can lead a normal life, well as normal as I can lead. Someone always finds some new spin to my name. You can just imagine what kind of a field day the press had when they found out through the grape vine that I was in love.

'HARRY POTTER FALLS IN LOVE! (pages 1-9)'

It's a wonder we ever got through that. There were some hard times but we got through those together. It amazes me how I still get goosebumps every time I think about her.

I remember the first time I ever felt this way about her. Hard to believe that was almost five years ago. Although it didn't start out so great…

~*~*~*~

It was the start of the sixth year and everyone was happy to be back at Hogwarts. The first week of school went by quickly and eventually the pandemonium of the start of term calmed down. On one particular night, Harry was sitting in his room hunched over a book he borrowed from Ron. He seemed to be scribbling down something very quickly as if trying to write it all down before he forgot something.

All of a sudden the door to the dorm opened with a loud commotion and in came Ron, his roommate and best friend. He hastily tried to close the book and prayed that he didn't notice he was up to anything. Harry stared at his friend of six years as if waiting for him to ask what he was writing.

"Harry want to come with us? We're all going out, maybe to play some Exploding Snap or just prank Malfoy if we see him, we don't know yet."

"Anything involving Malfoy I would be happy to help with."

A mischievous smirk played on his lips as he thought of the possibilities.

"Well come on then we don't have all day to wait for yer bloody arse to come down."

Without even thinking Harry scrambled off his bed to join his friend, throwing the forgotten book on Ron's bed. Ron grabbed the exploding pieces just in case they would need it.

While Harry and Ron were off to do their mischief, Hermione was in the girl's dorm. She had just finished her History of Magic essay that wasn't even due for two weeks. Unknown to what her two best friends were up to she decided to go see if they were in their room. After walking down the stairs to the common room and up the boy's staircase, she lightly knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. Tip-toeing in, she looked around and saw that the room was empty. Moving towards Harry's bed she opened his trunk and searched for the fabled Marauder's Map, finding it and opening it. She said the incantation and looked for them. She found them on the fourth floor by the Ancient Ruins classroom but they weren't alone. Draco Malfoy and his goons were with them. Whatever was going on there wasn't going to be good at all. Mischief Managed escaped her lips and the map began to disappear until it looked like an old piece of parchment. She placed the map back in its original place and took a seat on Ron's bed. She noticed a book carelessly thrown on his bed. She didn't believe for a minute that Ron spent the evening studying as she glanced at it. A piece of parchment falling out of the book caught her curiosity and she began to read it…

'Is it wrong to be attracted to one of your best friends? I can't help but feel different emotions when I'm around her. Part of me just wants to capture those soft, sweet lips with my own and the other part of me thinks that's crossing the line. I've known her since we were eleven and until now I never felt this way about her.'

'Despite her nagging and her bossy nature, I can't help but feel this way. What gets me is her smile, that beautiful smile of hers that just lights up her face in all the right places. That smile has a million forms and I get a different feeling each time. Should I feel this way, is this wrong?'

'I don't know anymore but I'll just have to see what happens. Could this all lead to the fact that I'm in love with her? Wait did I just write love? I'm willing to admit I have feeling for her but could those feelings point to the fact that I l…'

She turned the page over, trying to see if there was more written but there wasn't. That was it. The only way to describe the look on Hermione's face was shock; utter disbelief was etched on her face. Did Ron really feel that way about her? And if he did what was she going to do about it? Should she talk to him, confront him about his feelings? What would Harry think if she started dating Ron? Millions of questions ran through her head as she began to contemplate the possibilities. Well she just had to wait and see what happened.

She knew Ron wouldn't make the first move obviously since he wrote it down. She always thought that Ron liked her but she never considered that he held deeper feelings for her besides a crush. The best thing she'd be able to do is talk to him, but she would never mention the letter to him.

~*~*~*~

Well everything after that nothing turn out alright. Hermione spoke to Ron about her feelings and they became a fast couple. Things really were screwed up for me. My best mate ended up with the girl. There was nothing I could do, nothing I could say that wouldn't end up without me losing someone. So I just didn't bring it up. After a while it became easier seeing them together but that didn't mean I was happy about it. There were so many times I wanted to tell her how I felt but I held it all back, for all our sakes.

Almost two years passed and graduation was finally upon us. Hermione was top of our class as expected. But as always, something had to go wrong…Voldemort.

~*~*~*~

It was a few hours before graduation would begin. All the graduating seventh years spent their time wandering the halls of Hogwarts. Among the crowd Harry, Hermione and Ron could be seen walking on the grounds. Hermione and Ron insisted on Harry coming with them even though he could tell they wanted to be alone. Things had drastically changed between the three friends. Even though Ron wanted to be alone with Hermione she persisted that they should spend time with Harry. He was their friend too so she didn't want to leave him out.

Ron and Hermione had been going out for at least two years and it didn't seem like it was going to end any time soon. All the time Hermione spent with Ron it didn't always seem right. Like something was missing from their relationship but she just couldn't quite put her finger on it. So she would just push the thought aside.

~*~*~*~

Hours later…

Graduation seemed to wear on forever. Speeches, music, more speeches, awards and as you would expect even more speeches. Harry watched as multiple people stood up in front of the crowd. He was practically asleep until finally it was Hermione's turn to speak. Immediately his focus was all on her, to him there wasn't anyone in the room expect just her. He listened intently as she spoke about the past seven years, about the future but none of that seemed to enter his mind. All he could do was watch in amazement. She was absolutely beautiful standing up there. He could tell she was in her element standing in front of the crowd. He watched as she stepped down from the podium and joined in with the applause.

All of a sudden there was a loud noise from the back. As numerous heads turned Harry could see hundreds of black, cloaked figures emerge into the Great Hall surrounding them. And there he was, Voldemort standing amid the pack. The whole room became deathly silent until finally the only sound that broke out was Voldemort's steady clapping noise. Everyone watched as he began to walk up to the crowd. Obviously the Death Eaters were waiting for his command to attack. Every exit was blocked off so no one could escape.

And that's how it began. Voldemort sent his Death Eaters to attack the crowd. Pretty soon spells were being thrown around the Great Hall. Mobs of people were trying to find any type of cover they could get. Already the floor was being littered with lifeless bodies from both sides. This would be the final battle that decided it all; one person would be left standing.

At this moment Harry was helping to fight off a group of Death Eaters by the head table along with Ron and Hermione. Voldemort was trying to reach them by walking through the crowd, casting a spell here and there. Harry could feel the pain in his scar increase as Voldemort approached but he was to busy to figure out where he was. The battle was raging on for hours until finally Voldemort had reached his target. He looked on with satisfaction as he realized his foe didn't notice he was there. Taking his chance, he raised his wand and uttered those deadly words from his mouth. The green light soared to the unsuspecting Hermione. Harry looked on with horror, his heart stopped when he saw that curse aimed at her. Without even thinking he jumped in front. All the love he felt, all the love he had from his parents and friends empowered him. With a wave from his wand the spell bounced back towards Voldemort. Voldemort didn't have time to react before the spell hit him. He fell to the floor and that signaled the end of the Dark Lord's reign.

Once again silence spread through the room; that was it? It was over? The Death Eaters tried to flee without much success and soon they were captured. Out of exhaustion Harry fell to the ground. But Hermione caught him in her arms before he hit, his weight bringing her down as well. She just held him there in her arms wanting to protect him from any and all harm. Voldemort, the Dark Lord was finally defeated.

~*~*~*~

I couldn't believe what Harry did for me, he saved my life. Although when he woke up from the Hospital Wing I gave him a good scolding. What had made him jump in from of the most deadly curse? When I watched him jump in front of me and I saw that curse I can't explain what I felt. Something inside me just clicked and I knew I felt something more for him right then and there.

After graduation I lived with my parents for a few months. I got a job at the Ministry working in the Foreign Policy Department. Soon after Harry, Ron and I moved in together. My relationship with Ron soon ended on good terms. We both realized we were trying to make a relationship based on a sheer crush. We didn't love each other the way we thought. So everything was fine for the time being. As always things changed eventually and soon I began to see Harry Potter in a whole different light…

~*~*~*~

A/N: Well that's all there is…for now lol. I hope you liked it. Please forgive me for the un-climatic ending of Voldemort. As I said before this is the first chapter of five so there are four left to go. This just sets the stage for the rest that is to come. Basically the next four chapters span on one day. It's going to be short as I said and it's up to the response I get to decide if I should have an epilogue or a sequel. Only time will tell. Anyway SPECIAL thanks to my boyfriend who was so kind in putting up with all my doubts and fears that this story wasn't good enough lol. He was also kind enough to beta for me to make sure I didn't miss anything. So yes he was a big help with that. I've started on the next chapter already so I hope to get it out soon. Remember to please review…that way I'll know what everyone thinks. Until next time!

Sapphire Rose (aka Lily Flower)

~*~*~*~


Created on ... July 25, 2004