Unofficial Portkey Archive

Erised by Suzanne of Dragons Breath
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Erised

Suzanne of Dragons Breath

Title: Erised

Author: Suzanne of Dragon's Breath

Rating: R

Summary: PWP. Not necessarily a part of my previous series. A one-shot look at Harry and Hermione post-Hogwarts.

Author's notes: Stupid muses and plot bunnies won't leave me alone. I can't believe I wrote this… Feedback is always welcome. Thanks as always to Lady WhiteHaven for the beta.

~*~

They sat at the edge of the lake, the light of the full moon overhead reflecting off the gentle lapping of the waves. The light cast an eerie glow over the two figures, the male's dark hair shone with blue highlights, while the female's eyes seemed to glitter.

They stared at the castle before them, neither willing to break the calm beauty that surrounded them. Smoke curled above Hagrid's hut, despite that it was the end of August. Several owls flew around the school and if they listened carefully, they could almost hear the haunting, yet beautiful song of the headmaster's phoenix, Fawkes.

She sat between his legs, resting against his chest, calm, enjoying the last night before the students arrived the next day. His arms were wrapped around her protectively, keeping away the slight chill that hung in the air, promising rain for the next day. The waves lapped at their bare feet, shoes somewhere behind them, safe from the water.

He brushed his lips across her cheek, and she turned to allow him access to her lips. The kiss grew more heated as he deepened the kiss, plunging his tongue into her accepting mouth. He hugged her closer as they separated for air, and kissed her forehead. He didn't need to whisper the words for her to know how he felt, she had always known, always been watching, waiting for him to realize that his heart lay with her. It might have taken until the end of their sixth year, but one of the happiest days in her life had been when he had finally realized she was there, waiting for him.

He slipped his shoes on and stood, offering her shoes to her. She slid hers on and he pulled her up beside him, brushing another kiss against her lips, a promise of things to come. Holding onto her hand, he led her into the castle that they had been watching. She followed him willingly to the area that housed their chambers.

She had to suppress a giggle as they hid in the shadows as the wraith-like potions master passed them. Harry pressed a finger to her lips as Snape glided by. Once he passed them, muttering something about monkshood and bezoars, they continued deeper into the castle, moving closer to their goal.

As they reached the portrait of Sir Lancelot, Hermione looked furtively in each direction before whispering the password, not wanting any of the staff to know it. "Erised." She breathed and the knight smiled at her and her lover before nodding and opening, revealing their room.

Harry scooped her into his arms and entered, the portrait closing itself behind him. Gently he set her down in the bed, before moving to join her. Muttering a spell, their clothing was quickly removed, and in the dirty clothes hamper. He brushed his hand against her face before moving lower, his lips caressing her own, before following his hand. She pressed herself against him and began tracing her way down his body. "Nox!" he commanded and they were instantly surrounded in darkness.

~*~

Author's note (2): Harry and Hermione are professors at Hogwarts.

-->