Unofficial Portkey Archive

What Goes Around Comes Around by coriander
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What Goes Around Comes Around

coriander

Author's Note 12/29/04

To my loyal readers:

I apologize for not keeping up with this fic. My life has been turned upside-down and the stress and angst in my own life has to come first. I hope to have something more for you soon. I am so sorry for making you wait so long to see how Ron will pay for what he did to Hermione in `Anything for Love.'

I have to acknowledge a review I received recently… Thank you Dome36 for your blunt honesty in your review. For those readers who have not read said review…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dome36 said:

I have to confess that I re-read your previous fic "Anything for love", before I wrote this review. And I like it. But I think you created a problem. A problem that is almost impossible to solve with logic, credibility and literary value.

The fact is, since this is a R/LL fic, I supposed that in future chapters Luna will be romantically involved with Ronald Weasley. That is very likely.

And I must confess: I am already feeling sorry for Luna. She is a good girl. She doesn't deserve to be dating a liar and a cheater. This is the problem. Sometimes we tend to forget that "words have memory". It is impossible to forget the fact that Ron is a liar and a cheater. He is someone that is impossible to trust.

Poor Luna I have to say. Dating a liar.

Sometimes, when we write we forget the wide range of consequences of our own words. Even if it is a sequel, Ron continues to be the guy that cheated on his wife during FOUR Years in a marriage of ten. It is impossible to erase this sad reality.

If Hermione wasn't able to guarantee loyalty from Ron, how could Luna do it? This is the problem you will have to solve in this fic.

I know that you have talent, but I honestly think that you created a situation that is too much complicated. After "Anything for Love", Ron's credibility as a character is destroy. What happened with Lavender was only a taste of his own medicine. Well deserved.

Poor Luna, I have to say...

Dome

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This Author's Note is in response to this review, I hope it explains a bit.

As I have stated before… when I wrote `Anything for Love' I actually foreshadowed my own divorce. Eerie, huh? No, my husband did not cheat on me, but he might as well have. My divorce is unlike most in the world. My ex and I are still best friends. I still love him, but not the same as I did for the past eight years. I want to see him happy, just as Hermione wants to see Ron happy.

Yes, Ron was a liar and a cheat. He got his just desserts when he found out that Lavender was just as big a liar as he was, if not worse. I am not going to make this easy for Ron, don't let my usual fluffiness mislead you. Ron will have a hard time overcoming his own grief and karma. He cheated on Hermione, left her for a floozy, said floozy did him just as bad (the depth of how bad will be explained later in the story). He has to overcome the harshness of his attitude toward Loony Lovegood from years ago while at Hogwarts, his children growing up, Arthur heading for Hogwarts, the happiness he sees in Harry and Hermione's relationship, his job, the fact that he gave everything up just to be betrayed in the end, etc…

Ron will have to pay the piper, so to speak. It will be a rollercoater ride, throughout this fic. I hope I can get back to it soon. I have it outlined, but the actual writing has been put on the back burner until my own life gets straightened out. I must say it is on its way down that road. I have been separated since March. Living on my own since April. I have dated many men, trying to find my little bit of happiness. I have found that in a wonderful man who is my soulmate, my other half. Once all the red tape is cut, we plan on combining our families in wedded bliss. But due to bankruptcy and divorce, on both sides, it may be a while. Please be patient with me. I am sorry to keep you all on hold for so long. I promise I will get back to this fic as soon as possible.

I hope to have a ficlet out by the New Year, just to tide you over until I can get back in the frame of mind to continue with `What Goes Around Comes Around.'

I hope your Holidays were happy, and I wish you all the best for 2005.

~Coriander

-->