Unofficial Portkey Archive

Silent Interactions by Suzanne of Dragons Breath
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Silent Interactions

Suzanne of Dragons Breath

Title: Silent Interactions

Author: Suzanne of Dragon's Breath

Summary: The latest escapee from the farm. Harry and Hermione share a quiet moment. Not necessarily a part of any other series.

Rating: PG-13

Author's notes: I may have forgotten to mention this before, but I don't own any part of this beyond the plot. This is the latest bunny to drive me crazy. Thanks as always to Lady WhiteHaven for the beta.

~*~

Night

~*~

The old grandfather clock bonged the late hour in the background. A page turned. The fire crackled and popped. An older student studied; exams approaching. Her frizzy brown hair was tied back in a loose bun, out of the way. She twisted an escaped curl around a finger, lost in thought.

The entrance to the common room opened, but the Head Girl didn't look up, engrossed in her studying. Her quill scratched against parchment as she continued to write, oblivious to her surroundings.

A hand dropped onto her shoulder. She jumped in shock and whirled around to face the interrupter. She couldn't see anything, but she groped in front of her, and, feeling a smooth fabric, tugged, revealing her male counterpart. She shook her head as if to say that she should have known.

He gave her an innocent look, and, taking her hand, led her away from her work and towards the couch before the fire. They sat, curling up together as they stared into the flickering fire. She sighed and laid against him. He smiled, taking her hair down from the bun, and began playing with the frizzy curls.

They sat there, curled together until the grandfather clock announced the next hour. He moved slightly, startled from his doze. Looking down, he saw his love was sound asleep. Rolling his eyes at the constantly reoccurring situation, he gently maneuvered her into his arms, not waking her. She merely snuggled into him as he lifted her and carried her into the Head Boy chambers. He didn't dare risk the steps up to the Head Girl chambers, as they had the tendency to turn into a slide in the presence of a male.

He drew back the covers, and laying her on the bed, removed her shoes. He pulled the sheets and blankets over her and returned to the common room. Carefully, he marked her place in the text, gathered her studying materials, and carried them upstairs, lest some other student mess up her carefully ordered notes.

He set them down carefully on his desk before changing into his pajama bottoms. Sliding under the covers next to her, he carefully put his glasses on the nightstand. She instinctively moved closer to him, and he took her into his arms. Kissing the top of her head he closed his eyes and joined her in the land of dreams.

~*~

End

Part 2, Morning, will be posted either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on reviews.

-->