Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by CandiceMarie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

CandiceMarie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter and any of the characters mentioned hereafter. They belong to the incredible JK Rowling. I am not making a single cent out of this. I wish I did, and was.

The song that this fic was based upon is by the wonderful Aerosmith.

[A/N: I've always wanted to write I Don't Want To Miss A Thing into a songfic. The song is terribly beautiful and touching, and oh so fluffy in itself. I sincerely hope you like this one, and very much so hope that did the song a teeny tiny bit of justice.

This is a sort of fluffy piece for all you fluff-addicts out there, who, like me, love it when Harry is completely in love with Hermione ::blush::

Minor warning, though: The sugar-rating of this fic is very high. If you ever wondered how a Finding-No-Flaw-In-Hermione!Harry is like, then you are about to find out ;)

One request. Actually, two: Please be kind, and please inform me if you like by filling in that rectangular word box at the bottom of the page. Candice does like her reviews ::blush::

Awfully grateful… ]

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming

Harry couldn't believe how beautiful Hermione was. Even though Hermione was not the woman of every man's dreams, Harry knew even the goddess Aphrodite could never measure up to Hermione's everlasting beauty in his eyes. And her sleeping state was as angelic as it was possible to be. Seeing her peacefully slumbering under their clean white quilt, and embracing Harry around the waist, with her head on his chest, made Harry feel blissfully content. He could not believe how much love he had for this woman, who, to his immense luck, loved him, too.


I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Harry saw no reason why he should abandon this heavenly sight, if only to let his mind and body get some rest. No reason at all.

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing


Every second that passed, Harry wondered inwardly how someone so wonderful, amazing, and intelligent, could fall for someone like him. She is so beautiful, he thought lovingly. How could he have gotten through his first few years at Hogwarts not worshipping the ground she walked on? She was always with him, no matter what. She stayed with him even though he was a world class jerk, yelling at her for something that was anything but her fault. How had he gotten along taking her for granted?

The wisest thing he had ever done in his life was, no doubt, when he asked Hermione to be his most special friend at the beginning of his 7th year. And it wasn't only something he wanted to do, it was something he needed to do.

He just had to be able to press lips with his best girl friend without it being awkward. There was something about how the taste of her lips was better, way better, than flying.
Harry guessed that that could have been his first clue that he was in love with her. First or second, he forgot.

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever


Harry moved gently, and slowly changed positions. He took Hermione's head in his free hand, that wasn't on her back, and tenderly laid it on the soft pillow. She moaned sleepily and softly, as if to protest her dislike of her new position.

But Harry smiled. He wanted to, and did, kiss her forehead, then her nose, and then her lips. He lingered longer on her lips, pulling away only to make sure he hadn't woken her. He could smell her sweet Hermione-smell. That was the only one way to describe it, Hermione-smell, because nobody in the world smelled like her. It made Harry even more addicted to her. She's amazing.

He wondered if he dared to blink. And what, miss this?

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

I don't want to miss one smile


Hermione's smiles never failed to make Harry's heart jump. He'd melt at the sight of them.


I don't want to miss one kiss


And her kisses never failed to make Harry's heart skip a beat. He turned to goo in her hands, to her slightest touch. A very manly goo, but goo nonetheless.


I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time



Was it possible to freeze time? Harry could never tell, because nothing is usually impossible in the magical world. If time could indeed be frozen, he'd definitely choose to freeze this moment: Hermione in his arms, her eyes closed and serene, her arms happily wrapped around him, as she and Harry are snug under their thick blanket, very late once upon a winter night.

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

How did she do it? How did Hermione make Harry so deeply in love with her, it hurts to say goodbye? To even think it? How could someone like Harry, who was barely exposed to any love in his childhood, possess such a strong one for Hermione? How is it that when he wants to shut himself from the world, his heart screams only one name? Her name…

She was always so reliable. Leave it to Hermione to steal his heart. But then, how could she steal something that belonged to her?

Could all this be real? Was he asleep and dreaming all this up? He dearly hoped not. He deserved this much happiness, didn't he? With her..

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
I don't want to miss a thing
.

He couldn't stand the thought of not seeing Hermione every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year, for the rest of his life…

Harry shook her gently, and she stirred for a bit, making sweet, sleepy noises as she did.

`Hermione?' he called softly.

`Hmm, Harry?' she asked groggily, raising her head a bit. `What is it? What's wrong?'

He smiled affectionately.

`I love you,' he whispered in her ear, before kissing it.

Looking up at him, she returned a warm smile.

`I love you, too, Harry,' she murmured back, taking his cheek into her hand. `Now let me sleep, you,' she added, hugging him again. `Goodnight, love.'

Harry grinned, as a familiar feeling washed over him that only Hermione could do.

`Goodnight.'

Harry Potter loved Hermione Granger very much. Which is why on that night, Harry Potter promised himself to make Hermione Granger his wife. After all, it was the only way he wouldn't miss a thing.

-->