Unofficial Portkey Archive

Umbrage by Anne U
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Umbrage

Anne U

Author's Note: Confessions of a Middle-Aged Emo Queen

Dear Readers,

I'm fully aware that I haven't updated Umbrage in almost 3 months. I wish I could say that I'm going to update it soon, but I would be trying to fool myself as well as you. I won't say that my muse has left me entirely on this story, but she's been mostly absent without leave for many months. Two days after I posted the last chapter, my mother died following a 9-month illness, and her death really sent my creativity into a downward spiral. I wasn't able to write anything for the first month after she died. Since I began writing again, I've had difficulty with anything longer than about 2,000 words. Writing almost anything has basically become a real tooth-gnashing struggle for me, and even moreso for anything with a lot of plot.

Thus, to spare you, my readers (however many of you are left, and I suspect it's not a lot), the annoyance of sitting around waiting for me to post again, I've decided to PAUSE this story again. I honestly can't say when I'll post any more of it. I do know that I won't post again until I've made what I think is significant progress. My apologies to all of you. I kind of feel like I've strung you along, especially since, at this point, you don't really know whether the rest of this will be worth your time. I hope that when I do post again, you'll give this story another chance.

Thank you for your patience. I know that if I were reading this story, I probably would have given up on it long ago. Caliburst, if you're still reading, please email me.

Your friend through H/Hr,

Anne U