Unofficial Portkey Archive

CASTAWAYS by Dearg-Due
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

CASTAWAYS

Dearg-Due

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hey! Sorry I didn't update forever, but I haven't been at home much and I've also been working on my other story...

Anyway, thanks for all the wonderful reviews! They were very encouraging really.

Now on to chapter 2, enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~O~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter II: OUT OF ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH...

"What are you doing here?" asked a stupefied red-head, whose cheeks instantly begun to flush involuntarily.

"Who, me?" Draco replied, curling an eyebrow. "I am currently drying my clothes, thanks for asking," he confidently added, making Ginny feel utterly stupid.

"You! Of all people, you!" she scowled, glaring at him as she put her hands on her hips with frustration.

"Why, it is very nice to see you too, Weasley," he ironically commented, looking down on her.

"There's gotta be someone else around, for sure!" Ginny added, brushing her long, revolted hair over his face as she passed by him and begun searching in all directions.

"Yeah," Draco squeezed his shirt, that released a stream of water, as he said this. "Keep telling yourself that," he told her. "maybe Pothead will end up coming out your arse, won't he?" he commented, his voice filled with irony.

This gained him a vicious glare from the red-head who turned on her heel and walked towards him with confident steps.

Draco saw a smirk drawn in her lips and she chortled.

"Tell me, are you always this witty, or is it the salty water that got to your brain?" she hissed.

"Oh, it might be a little of both, I reckon," he shot back. "Plus," he added, walking towards her with the shirt tightly curled between his hands, "the prospect of annoying you is getting more and more attractive by the second," he sentenced, violently stretching the shirt in a whip-like move, that lifted the red-head's wrap-up, exposing her electric blue bikini.

This caused the red-head to gasp and jump back a little, straightening the precarious piece of cloth.

"You think you annoy me?" she shrieked and then snorted sarcastically, "Don't give yourself too much credit, Malfoy," she scolded, pacing around him "I'm more like... bothered by you," Draco smirked as she said this. "In the same way that one is bothered by a pebble in one's shoe," she hissed at him.

"And you must get a lot of those, mustn't you?" he commented, his smirk firmly fixed. "With your torn, second-hand shoes, who wouldn't?"

"For your information," Ginny hurried to hiss back, "some of us actually choose not to squander our parent's money in superfluous things," she suggested, shooting daggers at the blonde, "some of us even venture into earning our money for our own merits and hard work and not for our lineage!" she added.

"Well, I'm too sorry that you lack the latter, Weasley," he replied, raising his eyebrows and shoulders at one time, "and that my bank account is much more swelled than yours or Pothead's together, for that matter," he added, hanging his shirt on the palm tree that lied behind him.

"Money isn't all, Malfoy," she blurted out.

"Isn't it?" he inquired, turning his head to give her a smug look in return, "then tell me, Weasley," he added, shifting his weigh to his left foot, "you little know-it-all," he continued, folding his arms around his chest, which allowed Ginny to become aware of what toned arms he had. "what else is worth anyone's time and effort, huh?"

Ginny gasped as if to say something, when she was interrupted.

"Lurve?" he uttered in the most cynical tone a person could manage to produce, while he flattered his eyelashes, dreamily.

"For instance," she replied firmly, resting her hands on her hips.

"How sentimental of you, Weasley," he mocked, brushing a hand through his sleek, silver hair. "Love never did anyone any good, you know?" he commented, looking at her straight into her eyes. "Love won't feed you or cover yourself at night, will it?" he added, reducing the space between them to a couple of inches and fixing his eyes somewhere in her chest.

"Why does he keep looking at me like that?! I know he wants me to blush, well, here's some bit of information for you, sweetie, I won't!" she thought, as she desperately tried to control her colours.

"Love won't even get you one of those cheap tins Potter prides on giving you!" he sentenced, lifting the platinum necklace Harry had given her on their wedding day.

"They're not tins!" she scowled, shrugging off as she violently grasped the edge that Draco's hands had touched. "And they're not cheap either! And even if they were, it is not the object which is worthy of my pride," she threatened, "it is the meaning to it".

"The meaning, huh? And what exactly would that be? Oh, I know! It's like a dog-collar that tells the whole world 'Hey! I have an owner! I can run around and flirt all day, but I'll always come back to his bed at night, like the little bitch I am!'"

It was then that a firm hand run across the blonde's left cheek and even caused him to stumble a little.

As he stood back, holding his flushed cheek in his left palm, Ginny saw in his eyes a glare full of hate, and even feared that he would hit her back for a moment.

"You made a big mistake there, Weasley," he hissed.

"I can assure you that's a mistake that I will never regret for, asshole!" she snapped back.

"And you're always so certain about everything, aren't you, Weasley?" he hissed, while they glared at each other in silence, "you know what tells human beings apart from animals?" he asked, removing his hand from his cheek, "the fact that some of us can actually dialogue to solve our problems and defend ourselves," he hissed, matter-of-factly, "you do the maths," he sentenced scornfully.

"Are you calling me an animal?!" she scolded.

"Look Weasley, I would be delighted to extend this... interesting conversation, but I do have a meeting to attend, so if you would please -"

"A meeting, huh?" she interrupted, "and how exactly are you supposed to get there, if I may ask?"

"Well, some of us in fact have wands, you know?" he drawled, irony filling his words, "with which we do magic;" he added, "a mysterious, but quite practical science, that may turn out to be rather handy in times of distress. At least for those of us who use them for more than love spells and enlarging or reducing certain parts of our bodies," he uttered.

"How dare you?!" Ginny scowled with vexation.

"C'mon!" he replied, "I know all about those girl sessions in which you practically underwent a complete makeover to appeal your respective prospects," he mocked.

"That is NOT true!" she censured, "I, for instance, haven't changed absolutely anything," she added, standing tall.

A flash of her prom night came flooding back to her. She had had to enlarge and reduce a thing or two so that her prom dress would go through, and her cleavage didn't look so unfortunate for one time, but then she had returned herself back into her normal self.

"Not permanently, at least," she hurried to add.

"I can see that..." Draco replied smugly, looking fixedly at her slightly small, but round breasts, that were immediately covered by her folded arms.

"What even gives you the right to speak to me like that anyway, huh?!" she growled with impotence, as she felt the blood running up her cheeks. "I've heard that you have been quite a fan of those enlarging spells yourself," she suggested.

"Who told you that?" he asked, snorting, as if it was all a joke.

But Ginny could sense a slight concern behind those perfectly confident steel eyes...

"Why, is it true?" she inquired, raising an eyebrow defiantly.

"Of course not," he replied, as if it was the most stupid suggestion ever. "But who would be so foolish as to tell you such nonsense?" he hurried to ask.

"I have my sources," she drawled, innocently.

"And bloody shitty for that matter, if you ask me," he replied, defensively. "Why would I have the need to resort on such utterly vane spells?"

"Oh, you tell me Mr. Bigshot," she blurted out, cunningly.

"I have absolutely nothing to tell you about," he chortled, "except that I can assure you that there is no need for me to use those kinds of spells," he sentenced, arrogantly, "someone might get injured, you know?" he added.

"Puh-leese," Ginny mentally observed, rolling her eyes with contempt.

"Now you on the other hand..." he added, focusing yet again on her cleavage.

"What?!" she scowled.

"Nothing," he replied, raising his shoulders, "just that your cleavage leaves much space for improvement, that's all."

The red-head just couldn't believe what her ears were hearing and her expression told the blonde so.

"Actually, it leaves much space for almost anything, really," he added snottily, furrowing his eyebrows without yet removing his eyes from her chest.

"That is absolutely none of your business, Malfoy!" she snapped back, with scornful eyes. "I'd much rather have these," she added, pointing at her chest, "than look like an air-headed bimbo with swelled quaffles for breasts!"

"Enlargement spells never did hurt anyone," he commented, thoughtfully.

"Oh, and you would know that from experience, wouldn't you?" she blurted out, in the hope to obtain an annoyed glare in return, but instead she simply got the all-too-familiar smirk.

"Actually, no," he replied, calmly. "In any case, I would've rather had to use a reducing spell".

Ginny limited to roll her eyes yet again.

"You know," he added, coming a little closer, as he slid his hands into his front pockets, "the ladies sometimes get intimidated at the sight of such a large one," he explained, stretching his hands in his pockets to draw her attention.

With much success...

"Oh, you just wished," the red-head blurted out, while she internally cursed herself for falling in his games.

"No," he corrected. "you wish, red-head," he added, "but it's not even close to happening, so you can keep wishing, for all I care," he sentenced, turning around, but stopping abruptly to add something, "and, by the way, enlarged tits don't feel like quaffles at all".

"I don't think I want to hear about it, thank you Malfoy," she uttered, blinking her eyes with distaste.

"They're equally softer, just a little tighter and firmer," he continued, to annoy her, "maybe even a tad more easily stimulated too".

"Can't you just realise when you've given too much information, Malfoy?" she inquired in reproach.

"No," he answered "giving too much information would be saying that when the woman reaches her climax, and if her breasts are stimulated appropriately, the nipples release a soft strawberry liquid which tells you that you've taken the woman all the way up to heaven," he pridefully added.

"You are disgusting!" she retorted.

"I've had them in peach and watermelon too," he uttered, taking his chin in his left hand and gazing up, into a thoughtful position.

"Stop it!" she scowled, taking her hands to her ears. "You are repulsing me!"

"Why are you such a prude about these subjects, Weasel?" he inquired, grinning mischievously.

Ginny didn't remove her hands from her ears and pretended not to listen but, much to her distaste, Draco abruptly took her hands away and whispered into her ear.

"Didn't Potter introduce you to such pleasures, red-head?" he uttered.

"I'm not discussing my private life with you!" she blurted out, "Now sod off, will you?" she added, pushing him back and realising with much disgust that their hands had been touching for nearly five seconds and she hadn't even shrugged.

"He didn't, huh?" he guessed. "Shame..." he added, shaking his head and clicking his tongue as the red-head walked away. "It's too bad that you won't ever know any better,"

This caused her to stop on her tracks, without yet turning around.

"because I don't take a prude like yourself to get involved in illicit affairs," he intently suggested, cunningly.

The red-head slowly turned around, folding her arms.

"Why not?" she inquired, baldly.

Ginny heard him chuckle and sigh softly, as if he was talking to a child.

"Because you're too bloody conservative for that," was his brief answer.

"I can be progressive!" she reproached. "If I want you, I mean, want to!" she corrected, hoping that the blonde wouldn't realise her word misplacement.

Unfortunately, upon checking on his semblance, Ginny confirmed from his smirk that it hadn't quite passed as unnoticed as she had hoped.

"Just because we don't share the same gutter mind, Malfoy, it doesn't mean that I'm living in the past, alright?" she added, in an attempt to dissipate her mistake and gain some time to get rid of that treacherous shade of crimson, that always gave away her emotions.

"Are you saying you would cheat on your husband, Weasley?" Draco inquired, choosing to ignore her slight, but ultimately crucial mistake, to further humiliate her.

"No!" she scowled. "I'm not saying I would," she added. "But not because I am conservative," she explained, "but because I love him, and I would never betray my feelings".

"Careful, Weasley," he replied, unaffected by her answer, "'cause your feelings might end up betraying you instead".

"But they won't, alright? Merlin! I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you! Back off, Malfoy!"

As she said this words, he shoved him away against the palm tree where his shirt was peacefully laying and, as his body crashed against it, a weak, but unmistakable cracking noise was heard.

Ginny stopped dry and Draco gaped his eyes in horror as he put his hand into the shirt's pocket and took two pieces of what must've definitely been a very expensive wand.

"You are an idiot!" he scowled, his face flushing with vexation. "Look what you just did!" he added, shaking the two pieces in front of her face, "now I'll never make it to the Congress in time, God damn it!"

Unable to admit her mistake, thus accepting her ultimate defeat, Ginny stood as unaffected as possible. After all, he deserved it. Every single second of agony was very well deserved. He had called her a prude, an animal and a bitch, all in less than fifteen minutes!

"What?" she begun, daring to confront him further, "the ferret can't survive without magic?" she inquired at the blonde that seemed to pierce her with an icy glare. "take it easy, Malfoy!" she added, patting his shoulder soothingly, which didn't seem to calm him the least bit. "all we have to do is find someone that will lend us a nice telephoney to ask for help," she explained, matter-of-factly.

"Don't be so naïve, Weasley," he hissed, bluntly. "This is an island, ISLAND!" he repeated, "and a deserted one, for that matter."

"How do you know?" she blurted out.

"Well, because before you came here and destroyed our only means of salvation," he begun, with a fake smile on his face, and his voice filled with irony, "I used a locating charm to find out where I was".

"Doesn't the word "our" sound funny in his lips, considering the situation?" Ginny thought, but decided to brush the thought away.

"And?" she ventured to ask.

"And this island is so bloody small and insignificant there isn't even a name for it!" he scowled. "Which means there aren't any other humans besides the both of us".

"So I'm a human being after all?" she asked, marking his previous statement about her not being but a savage beast, "Jeez, I'm flattered".

All she got in return was a dark glare, and a 'what's-the-point-in-arguing-with-you' look.

"Well, you sure are an idiot, Malfoy," she uttered, shifting her weight to her right leg.

That did it.

"Me?!" he growled, losing the slight bit of self-management he had struggled to gather minutes before. "Excuse me, missy," he added, pointing his furious forefinger at her. "But I wasn't the one who broke the wand, was I?"

He was right.

But she wasn't willing to let him acknowledge it...

"You know, ultimately, it was your chest that crashed against the shirt's pocket," she briefly explained, managing to make Draco's already reddened face to darker a tone or two.

"Thanks to you, you blockhead!" he scowled, "and now we'll probably stay in this island for Merlin knows how long!"

As he said this, Draco grasped his head into his palms and paced restlessly.

Until then, Ginny didn't know how fun it could be to annoy a person. Specially if it was an arrogant, smart-arse, know-it-all like Draco.

And she couldn't less than chuckle about it.

"Well if you were carrying a wand the whole time," she begun yet again, "then why did you wait this long to use it, huh?"

"In case you didn't pay any attention to your Magical Care lessons," he hissed, attempting that 'you're-nothing-but-an-insignificant-maggot' effect, "using a wand during that dreadful storm might've meant suicide," he sentenced, "a thousand things could've gone wrong!"

"But the weather has been quite lovely this last hours," Ginny commented, "what on Earth kept you all this time?"

Her tone was about to drive him crazy! Didn't she realise that the situation wasn't just a daily affair!

"I just arrived, Weasley!" he hissed, "and then I crushed into you!" he scowled, poking her on her chest.

"Well I can assure you that last thing was an accident, though," she smugly replied, poking him back to regain a decent amount of air between them.

"Now that's something I'm not gonna argue with you about," he agreed, bluntly, "the hell it was an accident!" he added, "and a bloody cataclysmic one, for that matter," he assured, turning on his heel and walking towards the palm tree were his clothes were now almost dry.

"Good!" she scowled.

"Good!" he censured, grabbing his clothes and heading towards the left side of the shore.

Ginny stood there, watching how the blonde head walked away with decided steps and she rested both hands on her hips with indignation, gaping her mouth open at his roudness and lack of delicacy.

Her eyes then involuntarily travelled from his shoulders to that place 'where the back loses its solemn name' and found herself thinking that his arse was a tad smaller than Harry's, but equally firm and perhaps slightly more...

"Disgusting!" she hissed, cursing herself for putting such thoughts into mind.

Without knowing why, her heart begun to throb faster with impotence as the gap between them grew larger and larger with each step and consequent instant of hesitation on her behalf.

"Fine!" she gruffly whispered, "I can do perfectly well without him!" she tried to convince herself, "what could happen, huh?" she wondered, restlessly, "so what if this island is deserted after all? So what if I remain here on my own while I'm waiting for my rescue?"

"What if you just don't get rescued at all?" an inner voice whispered.

"It would make no bloody difference if I stayed with him instead, would it?!" she thought, desperate, pacing around. "No! Come to think about it, there would indeed be a difference, for sure! He would keep annoying me and being the conceited, good-for-nothing bastard he's always been!"

"But still, you could use having a strong man by your side, couldn't you?"

"He's nothing but! Malfoy is a complete coward; he would probably flee at the slightest sign of danger anyway".

"Maybe," the inner voice continued, "But maybe not..."

"I'm pretty good when it comes down to chances and probabilities, I think I'll trust my instincts in this one and I won't be wrong," she answered back, "I'd rather be alone anyway".

"Really? For how long? Hours? Days? Weeks?"

"I'm not staying here that long!"

"And if you do?"

"I just won't!" she censured, "And I won't give him the satisfaction of having me begging for protection and company either, not in this life, hell no!" she mentally cursed.

"Why beg? You could just... persuade him".

"I don't know..."

"Think about it, you get to suffer that supposed humiliation and the company of Draco Malfoy, but you just might survive to spend a lifetime with you beloved Harry after all".

Ginny though in silence for a while and, realising that Draco was already a couple of hundred feet away, she hit the sand under her bare feet with vexation.

"Bloody hell, I'll do it God damn it!" she yelled and sprinted behind him, following him some three feet back.

"I already have a shadow, mind you," he summoned, without turning.

"Were are you going?" she asked, bothered by the fact that the blonde would deliberately hurry his pace, so that she wouldn't catch up and was merely left with the sight of his wide and surprisingly muscular back.

"I don't remember since when that was any of your business," he replied.

"Well, it is," she uttered, panting.

Draco furrowed his brow and limited to listen to this sudden turn of things.

"If this is really an island," she continued. "and as much as I would rather not do it under any other circumstance," Ginny hurried to add, "then we should stick together," she finished, aiming to the most impersonal way to say it, but unavoidably cringing at her words that would sure gain her a humiliating response.

To her surprise, some ten seconds of silence followed.

"Maybe you're right," he simply replied, causing Ginny to furrow her brow.

Soon enough, the moment was lost.

"But I would rather spend my days with a hipogriff than a Weasley," he sentenced.

"Oh, I can assure you that if I had any, just ANY other choice, I would desist, but clearly there don't seem to be as many options here," she blurted out.

Draco sniggered.

"You just want to stay with me because you know that I'm stronger and that the chances that you get eaten by a wild pig around me, are much scarce," he explained, noticing that she was gaping her mouth to interrupt him, "Plus, you are absolutely terrified of being left alone, aren't you?"

"I'm not terrified!" she hurried to shoot back, amazed at his accuracy.

"Just scared?" he inquired.

"Yes!" she confirmed. "I mean, No!" she corrected.

"Well, here's a bit of news for you, Weasley," he continued, "I'm not gonna take care of you," he added. "I couldn't bloody care less if the world was one Weasley short".

"Oh yeah?" she asked, while she struggled with her locks of hair that were constantly waving in front of her eyes and finding their way into her mouth, "well, I wouldn't care if you died either and, just so you know, I didn't want you to protect me," she lied, "I can to that for myself and I don't need anyone to watch over me anymore!" she scolded, evidently irritated.

As she said this, Ginny remembered her days of being the defenceless, fragile and vulnerable baby girl at the Weasley's, who often treated her as though they thought she couldn't possibly kill a wounded fly, if she tried.

How she hated that they had often underestimated her so...

"You don't, huh?" he chortled, stopping on his tracks to face her. "You mean there is yet another reason why you would want to stick with a man you supposedly despise in a deserted island?" he suggested.

"Don't be ridiculous," she hurried to reply, "It's not like that," she added, glaring at him and his stupid insinuations. "But if this island is really deserted after all, then we'll have lots of tasks to do, like gathering food, finding water and building a shelter to sleep in," she explained.

Draco remained in a brief silence, staring in a different direction, as if he was thinking about it.

"Plus there are the wild pigs," she added, teasingly, catching his eye. "Wouldn't it be a pity if they disfuigurated that confident, smart-arse of yours?" she suggested.

"We're not staying in this island forever, you know?" he begun, "I am going to get rescued. A very efficient team should be searching for me already," he confidently stated, "and we're definitely not going to 'share' our time meanwhile, understood?"

"Is that a yes?" she asked.

"No," he gruffly answered. "It's more like a 'we'll-see-what-happens,-but-don't-you-dare-invade-my-space' agreement," he corrected.

"Sounds fair enough," she replied, "I think I'll take it," she added, "now what will we do?"

"Wow, not so fast, Weasel," he summoned "We?" he inquired "There is no 'we', Weasley, don't mistake yourself," he added. "There is a 'you' and a 'me', alright? So don't you cross that line again, will you?"

"I didn't!" she hurried to reply, "It is you who is confused for thinking that my use of the word 'we' implied anything else," she confidently explained, "I'm married, remember?" she added, showing her gold ring to him.

Draco snorted at its sight.

"Nice souvenir," he commented, causing her to furrow her brow noticeably, "of your wedding, I mean," he explained.

"What are you saying?"

"You don't think Potter made it through yesterday's storm, did you?" he inquired, as if Ginny had just stated that the world was flat after all. "I'm really tired of you being so bloody naïve, Weasley," he added.

"Of course he made it, you dolt!" she censured, "Why wouldn't he?! I made it, you made it - I'm sure he's alive and searching for me this very moment."

"A nice fiction," the blonde observed, "but it's all it is," he added, "a fiction".

"Shut up!" she commanded, scornfully, "Harry's gone through too much already, he hasn't hesitated in circumstances most wizards would wet their pants for. He even killed your beloved Dark Lord, didn't he?" she added, putting special emphasis in the name, "a storm means absolutely nothing for him," she assured.

"Touching," he uttered with irony, "but pointless," he added, "you just don't want to admit yourself a widow on your first week of marriage, do you?" he inquired, placing a falsely soothing arm on her shoulder.

"No," she replied, removing his hand with two fingers as if it was a filthy sock, "because I'm not a widow, alright?" she added, with a wry smile on her face.

"Listen, Weasley, if you don't want to face the fact that you're never seeing the pitiful excuse of a husband you had, it's not my problem," he summoned.

"Shut up, you liar!" she scolded, raising her fist to strike him with all her might for instilling on her a slightest doubt of fear that Harry could indeed be dead.

Much to her disappointment, Draco anticipated her move and thus, roughly grabbed her wrists, while she desperately struggled to release them.

"Don't touch me, you pig!" she scowled at him, "let me go!" she added, when their brawl was suddenly interrupted by a loud grunt coming from the jungle.

In a flash, Draco placed himself behind the red-head, immobilising her hands with one arm, crossed over her chest, while he pressed his right hand against her mouth to silence her screams.

"Don't move," he whispered to her ear, sending wild shivers up her spine, as they both stared, stupefied at the spot where the sound had come from.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~O~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AUTOR'S NOTES:

So there it is. Second chapter to this very-fun-to-write story. I hope you're liking it as much as I enjoy writing it for you guys.

Now I would heartedly appreciate a review, so that I may know what you're liking, disliking, what you would want to happen next. Just anything! Tell me how you're feeling about it.

By the way, for those who wondered, my first language is spanish.

Hey! I replied to every single review from chapter 1, so if you did drop one, you might want to check...

Special thanks to all the people who reviewed the first chapter, it meant a lot for me guys! Thanks to **A_new_fan** **Dracoismyshugbuddy** **Randy** **Goldmund** **xlostx0652** **Adrial** **Tears_ofthe_Phoenix** **katElynDear** **xtaintedreflection** **Thats So Raven** **down2earthangl85** **Momentyne** **Alicia** **monagy3** **Entrancing Storms** **Sailor Universe** **Aleciana** **chrestomanci_04** **Shlice** **TomsLuver69** **hunnee** and many **Anonymous** HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!


-->