Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dragon and Angel by dragonsangel68
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dragon and Angel

dragonsangel68

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter, they all belong to the revered JK Rowling; I just like to play with them a little.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

TROUBLE FOR RON

Arthur and Ron Apparated into the Ministry of Magic. It was still early, so only a few witches and wizards were moving about the usually busy hall. Ron strode toward the golden gates, he was still muttering about bouncing ferrets, Slytherin gits and prats who abandon his sister. He continued carrying on as they entered the smaller hall where the lifts were situated. As it was not yet busy, they didn't have to wait long for a lift to be available.

"Ron, you're going to have to calm down," Arthur said to his red-faced son as they entered one of the lifts.

"Calm down! Calm down!" Ron almost yelled in response as he reached out and stabbed at the button to take them to the second level. "Why should I calm down? That prat up and left her when she needed him the most."

"Ron, I spoke with Draco myself - yesterday. Ginny never told him she was pregnant." Arthur remained calm. Even though he knew it was pointless trying to get Ron to calm down when he was this worked up, he would try. The boy had Molly's temper and it would settle when it was ready.

"Rubbish! She did and he ran like the gutless little ferret he is."

The lift stopped its ascent and a voice announced, "Level two - Department of Magical Law Enforcement, including the improper Use of Magic Office; Auror Headquarters; and Wizengamot Administration Services."

As soon as the doors were open wide enough, Ron burst through. He stormed off down the corridor and through the oak doors into Auror Headquarters. Arthur followed at a more sedate pace. He had to cut through Auror Headquarters to get to his own tiny office for the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts.

As Arthur passed through the department he could see Ron pacing up and down still ranting about Draco. Arthur craned his head over the partitioning; he could make out Harry sitting at his desk listening to his best friend, and partner, with a bemused look on his face.

"Ron, slow down mate," Harry implored as Ron paused to take a breath. "Lets see if I've got this right; Draco Malfoy was at the Burrow this morning?"

"Yeah and if the slimy git thinks he's going to crawl back into Gin's life he can think again."

"Ron, honestly, I don't know why you're so surprised. You knew this would happen one day."

"No! Never would have been too soon," Ron stated angrily. "Mum should have never let him in the house. Oh and that's another thing you should see how she's treating him, like he's a god or something - it's disgusting!"

"So, what did you do," Harry asked with an amused look on his face. Ron had been his best friend for thirteen years and, he knew, if he was this worked up now something had to have happened earlier.

"I decked him," Ron said with satisfaction.

"And?" Harry ran a hand over the back of his neck - it really was too early in the day for all this drama.

"And then Mum went off at me and helped him inside and fixed his face," Ron said indignantly. "And then she offers the slimy ferret breakfast."

"Ron, you know your mum. She's got to feed everyone that shows up at the Burrow," Harry said trying to lighten the situation, "Merlin, she'd probably feed Voldemort if he showed up and then curse his backside, but only after he'd eaten his fill."

"But not Malfoy," Ron stressed. "After what he did to Gin and the twins - no way. Mum should've let me kill him."

"Ron, mate, he didn't do anything to Gin. He didn't know about the kids." Harry watched Ron closely for his reaction.

"He did, he left her and- and-" Ron began to protested but trailed off as he noticed Harry gently shaking his head.

"Mate, he didn't know. I spoke to Gin myself when she was over yesterday. Mione worked it out for herself, after seeing Ginny's reaction to Lucius Malfoy. When she was panicking, she let a few things slip. So I spoke to her about it. She admitted that she never told Malfoy she was pregnant."

"What, so you believe him?" Ron said in disbelief.

"No I believe Ginny," Harry responded. "I haven't spoken to Malfoy."

"Oh," Ron said. "Well, I won't be nice to him," he added indignantly.

"That's alright mate, you don't have to be," Harry chuckled. "Though, I think maybe you should put your plans for killing ferret face off for a while. Your mum and Ginny might not approve."

"Yeah maybe," Ron said thoughtfully. "But if I get my chance."

Harry laughed. "Does anyone else know yet?" Harry was thinking of the rest of the Weasley clan. They were all overprotective of Ginny and the twins; it would be interesting to see what they put Malfoy through.

"No, don't think so. If they did, they'd all be at home trying to rip the git apart."

"When did Gin contact him?"

"She didn't. Mum said he showed up yesterday."

"What? At the Burrow?"

"Yeah, hang on, how did he find it?" Ron said perplexed.

"Maybe he just asked around."

"Mmm- Maybe or - Pansy Parkinson," Ron said realizing it must have been her. "Of all the sly, cunning, under handed things to do. I can't believe she did it."

"Ron, what are you on about?" Harry couldn't begin to imagine how Pansy fitted into this.

"Pans and I were having coffee yesterday morning in that little café in Diagon Alley and in walks Malfoy. Well, I had a go at him and Pans sent me for a walk, to cool off, you know. Anyways, when I get back she and Malfoy are gone. So I go to her place and wait. She eventually gets there and says that she went to the Burrow looking for me and couldn't get away from Mum until she'd had a least six cups of tea." Ron explained his anger rebuilding with every word. "What she deliberately forgot to mention, was she took ferret face to the Burrow with her."

"Well that makes sense-" Harry started but he found he was talking to his friends retreating back. I'd hate to be in Pansy's shoes right now, he thought.

Ron strode purposely back to the lifts and waited impatiently for one to arrive. It was several minutes before he could enter a lift going in the right direction; once inside he stabbed his finger at level six. Pansy worked in the Portkey Office and Apparation Test Center, as a clerk, and although it was still early there was a chance she would be at her desk.

When the lift doors opened Ron burst out and made to stride directly past the reception desk, but the receptionist was already there.

"Excuse me. Just where do you think you're going?" the receptionist asked.

"I need to see Miss Parkinson, immediately," Ron growled at the woman.

"Well, she has not arrived, as yet," she replied in a superior tone.

"I'll wait by her desk."

"I'm sorry. I can't let you do that, it's against departmental policy," she instructed in a haughty tone.

Ron's temper was on the verge of explosion. "Do you see this cloak?" He grabbed a handful of cloth and shook it at her. "Do you know what it stands for?"

"Yes. You're an Auror, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore department rules."

"Why don't you try and stop me?" Ron yelled at her as he strode past the desk and went straight to Pansy's cubicle. He perched himself on the corner of her desk and waited.

As Pansy entered her department the receptionist stopped her and informed her that there was an Auror waiting at her desk. Pansy smirked at the woman. She was not the type to involve herself in office gossip, so her colleagues were not aware she had been seeing the handsome Auror for over a year now. The receptionist probably thought she was in some sort of trouble. Pansy continued through the department to her cubicle, as she entered she noticed Ron looked absolutely furious.

"Good morning, darling." Pansy's voice was sweet as she placed a chaste kiss on her boyfriend's cheek.

"How could you?"

"How could I what, sweetie?" Pansy asked keeping her pleasant demeanor. If she didn't get all riled up then, perhaps, he may calm down.

"Ferret face!" Ron was astounded that she was pretending that she didn't know.

"Excuse me?" Pansy asked totally bewildered. She was not sure she had understood what he had just said.

"Malfoy!"

"Oh-"

"Oh! Is that all you've got to say for yourself?" Ron yelled.

"He's a friend and he needed my help," she answered shrugging.

"You led him straight to Gin. Do you know he was at my place before breakfast this morning? It was disgusting! Mum treating him a god or something and Angel climbing all over him, as if he'd always been there." Ron was beginning to rant and he was attracting the attention of Pansy's co-workers, who were slowly making their way into the department to begin the day.

"They're his kids too, Ron. He didn't even know about them, so don't you go telling me what's disgusting," Pansy raised her voice and started to poke the tall wizard in the chest. "Your sister never even told him and then, she lied about it to everyone - that's disgusting! His father told him. Can imagine what it felt like to find out that way? `Oh, by the way, son, did you know you're a father?' Just think about it for a minute, Ron."

"But- but- It's ferret face!"

"Don't call him that, Ron. Does he still call you Weasel?"

"Didn't give him the chance," Ron muttered.

"What did you do?" Pansy asked knowing Ron, as she did, it would have to have been something physical.

Ron wouldn't meet her gaze. "Hit him."

"You did what? How could you? He hasn't done anything to you?" Pansy shrieked.

"Love, come on. I already copped it from Mum," he said placing his arms around her slim waist. This was not going how it was meant to - he had come here to tell her off and now she was telling him off. He wondered briefly how she always managed to turn everything in her favor.

"No, Ron." She pushed his arms away. "You're going to listen to me. Draco was one of my best friends at school and he is still a friend. Your sister made him out to be some kind of monster with one simple lie. Now, I don't know why she did that, I can only think she had her reasons because I do know that at one point she was in love with Draco. Right now, I think, it might be a good idea if you just went back to your own department. I'm sure you have work to do, as do I."

"She was in love with ferret face?" Ron was staggered.

"Ron, we can finish this tonight. Just go."

Ron looked at the closed expression on Pansy's face and knew there would be no more discussion on the subject, until she deemed it appropriate. With that he kissed her soundly before rising from the desk and retracing his steps back to the Aurors department.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AUTHORS NOTES

Hugs for everyone who reviewed :D


-->