Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Magic of Switzerland by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Magic of Switzerland

gypsybaby21

The Magic of Switzerland

Summary: A month after the events of 'Strange New York Encounters,' Draco asks Ginny to accompany him on a business trip to Lucerne, Switzerland.

Setting: Lucerne, Switzerland-there won't be just talk of it; D/G will actually be there.

Note: It's longer than 'Strange New York Encounters'. It'll be divided into two parts.

Includes: More Ginny ramblings, kissing, and walking in parts of Lucerne.

Rating: PG-13

The Magic of Switzerland: Part One

"You want me to go to Switzerland…with you? Me?"

Draco grinned deviously and lazily walked up to her. "Are there any other 'Ginevra Weasley's' I should know about?"

Ginny swallowed and took a step back, brushing off his extending hand. "Would you stop being shifty? I've barely known you for a month and already you plan to whisk me away to Switzerland?"

"We have known each other most of our lives."

He stood with his arms folded over his chest, his crisp white tuxedo shirt rolled up to his forearms, his hair rumpled from her fingers, and a devilishly handsome, yet determined expression across his face.

"Yes, but how long of 'most of our lives' did we actually like each other?"

Draco slowly unfolded his arms and advanced foreword on her once again. He lifted his hand and gently brushed a stray red hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. "I believe we more than 'like' each other."

"What exactly do we have anyway?" Ginny asked breathlessly, as the pad of his thumb traced her bottom lip tenderly.

"Do I really need to go into an explanation?"

"Do you want me to answer that?"

"Why did you ask a question with a question?" Draco whispered, his eyes twinkling with mischief, as he slowly leaned forward.

Ginny searched his eyes, her heart skipping a beat at the close proximity of his face. "Because you did."

He firmly planted his lips against hers. She had anticipated, prepped up for, a long and good snogging, but it was just a quick, almost loving, peck on the lips.

Draco pulled back and caressed the line of her jaw. "I think kissing you might be my new favorite thing."

Ginny, with her eyes still glazed over, nodded her head. "Oh? Good."

Chuckling, Draco turned his head slightly down, and stared at her. "So, you'll come?"

Ginny's eyes, which had been foggy, snapped up to his. "How did you manage to come to that conclusion?"

Draco smacked the front of his shirt as if looking for something; he then proceeded to do the same thing around his pant pockets. "I have to leave tomorrow, but I'm sure, since we'll be there for almost a month, you'll need a bit of time to back. Here's your airline ticket-"

Ginny frowned and stared down at the ticket Draco handed to her. "You bought me a ticket before you even knew my answer?"

Smirking, he chucked her under the chin. "I knew you couldn't resist my charm."

"Why you conceited-" Ginny huffed, only a little bit angry.

"You need to be at the airport at 7:30."

"But the ticket says 9:30-"

Draco smiled. "Trust me. You can window shop or actually shop, your choice."

"I could just 'floo' you know."

"Yes, but I'd rather not see you come to our hotel room with soot on your cheeks."

Ginny's eyes widened in panic. "We can't share a hotel room."

"It will have two beds, don't worry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here she was, sitting in the first class section of the airplane, already a few hours into the trip, and bored out of her mind. She should have brought something to read, but of course, the movies that had started to play a little into the flight, weren't so bad.

She might have actually enjoyed the movies if it hadn't been for an elderly, plump woman with gray hair, and wrinkled skin, snoring in a very unbecoming manner, and her miniature pup yapping at Ginny. When she had first walked into the airport she had read that animals weren't allowed on planes, but she quickly concluded that that was an exception for rich people. And it really wasn't fair the rich to have so many privileges that poor people could only imagine. Don't they already have enough?

Ginny frowned at the small tinge of jealousy. It really wasn't appropriate for her to be reacting this way. Her headache was just getting the better of her.

One more hour! She just needed to keep chanting those three words and she'd finally find herself in Lucerne, Switzerland. She couldn't say it enough…Lucerne, Switzerland. Ginny has always wanted to go to Switzerland. She's heard tons of marvelous things about it. Its cleanliness is one thing. She wanted to see if it really was perfectly clean.

After Ginny had first had dinner with Draco, she never really expected to see him again. However, the whole week she'd been in New York City, she had seen him every night, but what had surprised Ginny the most was that he'd never done anything to promote a romantic relationship until her last day.

"Ginny, I can't be your friend anymore."

"What?" she gasped, her eyes widened and hurt.

Draco sighed heavily, but continued to walk down the brightly lit streets of Broadway. "I can't be your friend anymore."

"Thanks, but I heard that," Ginny growled, her pace quickening.

"Now wait! Don't you want to know why?"

Ginny shook her head vehemently. "NO, not really."

Draco frowned and quickly caught up with her, yanking her arm back. "It's because when I'm with you all I can think about is kissing you."

Instantly stopping her struggle to free her arm, Ginny's mouth dropped open. "What?"

"You rude, you're poor, you're a Weasley, you infuriate me all to hell, but through all of that, at the end of the night it's always there. It's always on my mind. I've wanted to kiss you since you insanely tapped me on my shoulder to say hello to me in a subway. What the hell were you thinking by the way?" Draco asked, frustrated. "Never mind. I couldn't believe you'd actually done that. I was so surprised and then I noticed what incredibly kissable lips you had. It happened again that night, while I watched you eat."

Ginny frowned, folding her arms across her chest, and searched Draco for any sign that he was joking.

"I love watching you eat. You savor every bite, I can see it, and I really like that."

"You like the way I eat?" Ginny asked, her face scrunched up with disbelief, and she lifted her hand to feel his forehead. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm being serious. I'd like to continue seeing you once I return to England."

Ginny slowly allowed a smile to cross her face. "Okay."

And they had continued to see each other. It was as if they had still been in New York. They'd meet someplace, or they'd go to Draco's apartment and sit on his very comfortable couch and just talk. Occasionally they kissed, but conversation seemed to be what they were both wanting. It was amazing really. They could talk to each other for hours and one night they actually talked all night.

Ginny bit her bottom lip and glanced down at her twiddling fingers in her lap, drowning out the sound of the old woman snoring, of the dog barking menacingly, of the other twenty people in the first class flight, as how perfectly amazing Draco was, filled her thoughts.

She even loved their arguments. It was wonderful how mad she could get him. Ginny had actually laughed in his face when he told her why he disliked Muggleborns so. She'd never forget the look that crossed over him. His face had turned beet red with anger and it had only made Ginny laugh harder. When Ginny pointed out that he worked with Muggles Draco had responded coldly that it was a necessity.

She had felt bad for laughing in his face, so when he went to get up she had clutched his hand and smiled up at him. Apologizing for laughing at his beliefs. He had instantly crumbled and pulled her in for a hug.

The hug had been awkward. Of course they'd been close before, but that was when they were snogging like lust-ridden teenagers. It had been a warm, forgiving hug, something she had thought Draco Malfoy would never be able to give. It was then she realized just how little she had really known, that what she had thought to be truth was only an assumption of his character.

Ginny had felt ashamed as she realized she had been judging him from his cover. She had always prided herself on never judging a book by its cover, but it was what she had done to Draco all those years at Hogwarts…what everyone had done, and she had willingly followed the trend.

"We will be arriving to our destination in twenty minutes. We ask that you remain seated and keep your seatbelts on. Thank you," a woman's voice called from a speaker on the airplanes ceiling.

"Finally," Ginny mumbled, referring to the landing and the elderly woman waking up as she quieted her pup.

With the anticipation of seeing Draco and Switzerland rising to its brink, Ginny, tried to do so calmly, tapped her foot with impatience.

The plane was finally landing.

To Be Continued…

I'd like to add about Switzerland and my 'clean' comments. It being 'perfectly clean' was my impression of it and I won't ever forget that. There were garbage cans almost everywhere I looked (only it looked awesome). I didn't see one piece of garbage, but anyone that's been there can defiantly vouch that it's ten times cleaner than anywhere else I can think of.

I've also only been to Lucerne (I've driven, well my tour guide drove, through more than just Lucerne though, but I only really paid attention to that bit). It also is really very expensive-[referring to a comment that will happen in part two].

Sadly we only stayed one night-and five years later I still can't remember the exact hotel I stayed in, but I'm mostly sure it's the one I wrote Draco/Ginny staying in. Thanks for reading and sorry for mistakes.

Part Two

(The only reason I'm making it two parts is because I need more time with the details for Lucerne. I want to try and be as accurate as possible.)

Draco picks Ginny up at the airport.

The hotel they're staying in is called The Best Western Hotel Des Balances (Bw Hotel Des Balances.)

A night of dinner, walking, seeing the sites, and handholding.