Unofficial Portkey Archive

Is It Love? by mem0rycafe
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Is It Love?

mem0rycafe

Is It Love?

Chapter One: The Contract

(A/N I love reviews. I'm not a big fan of flamers though, so if you could please review but be polite.)

Disclaimer: I have never nor will I ever be JK Rowling, which means I will never own the most delicious Draco Malfoy. That also means I don't own anything from Harry Potter or really, I don't own anything that JK Rowling wants to claim.


"This is you last year of Hogwarts, you do know what that means." his father inquired.

"Yes," Draco nodded from the seat he occupied in front of his father's desk.

"Then why haven't you found an appropriate mate yet?"

"Well, father," Draco replied tersely. "Maybe it's because all the girls in my house look like dogs."

"Well find one that doesn't."

"What if I don't like any of them?" Draco asked cautiously.

"Then I will choose for you."

Draco laughed quietly, "Fine, who do you choose for me?"

"The Weasley girl," his father smirked.

"But she's a Weasley." Draco sneered.

"She's a pure blood."

"She's still a Weasley."

"Well if you don't think you can get her," his father replied haughtily.

"I can!" Draco said quickly.

"Can you?" his father asked surveying him. "Are you man enough to break her? To make her want you and then trap her?"

"I can." Draco replied again, more firmly. "Why her though?"

"Besides the obvious political aspects."

"Political?"

"Her family, although poor, is thought of very well in our world. If their only daughter were to marry a Malfoy, think what it would say for our family."

"Oh."

"Plus, it would put her father in his place. Lately it seems as though he has forgotten who I am. Ever since I was arrested he seems to think that he is better then me."

Draco nodded. "I can get her."

"Do you really think you could break her?" his father asked rummaging around in his desk drawer.

"Yes."

"Then you make her fall in love with you, and don't disappoint me. Else, you will marry the Parkinson girl."

"I won't let you down." Draco said as he got up from the table.

"Take this with you," his father replied handing Draco a folded parchment.

"What is it?"

"A marriage contract."

"And, how am I suppose to get this signed?"

"All she has to do is say yes and her signature will appear," his father replied with a smirk. "Don't let me down."

Draco walked out of the dining room as he unfolded the parchment. He quickly scanned the parchment and smirked. It was perfect. The contract was written to ensure that a Malfoy would have a perfect and obedient wife. And that the girl who signed it would never be able to get out of the marriage. It was a perfect contract.

Draco mused as to whether he could live with a Weasley forever. After all, was it really that hard to find an appropriate pure blood witch as to he could marry that wasn't a Weasley? Of course most of the appropriate pure bloods were horrible in bed, not that the Weaselette wouldn't be either.

It would be fun though, she was untouched, and he could teach her. He could romance her, make her fall in love with him, fuck her and then break her. Ruin her for any other guy. Make it so that she pleased him and only him. She was untouched and that was one of the reasons she would be perfect. If she were to be his than she couldn't be anyone else's, not ever.

And, she was beautiful. It wasn't weak of him to admit it, he was just shallow, very shallow. Her red hair came to her mid back and hung in loose curls. Her eyes were brown, like chocolate. Her skin was pale, almost as pale as his, but it had a rosy tint to it. She was shaped perfectly, small, petite, skinny but with curves. If only she didn't have freckles. Even with the freckles he could say she was beautiful. Which whoever he married would have to be beautiful. He was expected to have perfect kids and looks played a part in perfection, and he would know.

Draco was built like a greek god. After years of quidditch he had muscles that looked chiseled on him. His pale blonde hair hung just below his ears and he had given up that ridiculous habit of gelling his hair back. He looked better when it hung around his face anyway. His eyes were steely and gray and could freeze someone in mid-stride.

Draco dropped the parchment on his desk before pulling his trunk out of his closet. Draco hastily tucked his books on top of his already packed clothes before turning back to his desk. He looked at the parchment once more before dropping it on top of his books and closing his trunk. Now he would just have to get her to fall in love with him. It would be fun.
*************
"Ginny, hurry up!" Hermione called up the stairs. "We're going to be late!"

"Don't worry," Ginny called, "I'm coming." Ginny glanced around her room, making sure she had everything, and ran down the stairs as she tugged her trunk behind her.

"Let me help you with that," Harry said taking Ginny's trunk and puling it for her. "Hermione is a bit frazzled, it's her last year and all."

"I suppose she is already freaking out about end of year exams?" Ginny grinned as she walked beside Harry to the taxi.

"Exactly," Harry nodded as he handed Ginny's trunk to the taxi driver. "I'm going to go sit with Hermione and Ron, I'll see you at the train station."

Ginny glared at Harry's retreating back as she slipped into the empty cab. Soon she was joined by her mother and her father. Ginny sat silently in the cab as they rode to the train station. This year was going to be long, she could always tell by the trip to the train station whether it would be a good year for her or not. The ride to the station was long, as would be her school year.

Harry always had this way of being really nice and stupid all at the same time. Why was she always riding to the damn station alone? Was it so much to ask that the trio break up for twenty minutes so that Ginny could have someone to talk to. It didn't have to be Harry, she was long over that pointless crush, but Hermione could talk to her. Of course Hermione only had time for her when it was time to sleep and she wanted to talk about Harry. And the last thing Ginny wanted to hear about was how great of a kisser he was. He was practically her brother.

Ginny sighed as they finally made it to the train station and she climbed out of the taxi. She tugged her trunk behind her as she hurried into the station and through the barrier.

"Ginny!" Colin cried through the crowd as he spotted her red curls.

"Colin, be a gentleman and help me with my trunk," Ginny cried back as she dropped her trunk with a thud.

"Since when am I a gentleman?" Colin asked as he gave Ginny a hug.

She laughed as she swatted at him.

"Fine, you don't have to hit me," Colin said as he grabbed the handle of her trunk and pulled it towards the train.

"How was your summer?" Ginny asked as she followed beside him.

"Awesome, my dad got me an interning job at this little newspaper, I got some photos on the first page."

"Wow," Ginny replied amazed, "that's great."

"So, how was your summer?"

"Mediocre."

"Fourth wheel to their tricycle?"

"Yep," Ginny nodded as she climbed on the train and helped Colin lift her trunk up. "Not that it wasn't expected."

"I'm sorry I couldn't come visit," Colin replied apologetically.

"No, that's fine," Ginny said quickly. "You were on the front page, or your pictures were, at least."

"I brought the papers to show you," Colin beamed as he pulled some pages out of his pocket.

"Hold on there," Ginny said with a little laugh. "Let's find some place to sit first."

Ginny and Colin went to find an empty compartment and soon he was showing her all his front page pictures and telling her the story behind each one. Ginny laughed as he told her the story about taking a picture of the naked lady in the bath of bubbles.

"Aw, she wanted to shag you!" Ginny teased as she flipped through the articles.

"She really did," Colin nodded. "It was actually a bit creepy, really, she was like 30."

"Sure, Colin," Ginny replied sceptically. "Don't forget, I've heard all about your escapades with Amanda, and Lauren and Amy, Jessica, Jennifer, Padma, Parvati."

"I get the point," Colin replied hushing Ginny by covering her mouth with his hand. "I'm a teenage boy, what would you expect?"

Ginny stuck her tongue out and licked his hand, "I'd like it if you didn't try to quiet me with your hand over my mouth."

"How would you like me to quiet you then?" Colin asked smirking.

"Get those dirty thoughts out of your head," Ginny replied pushing him off the end of the bench. "And if you ever think of kissing me I will have Ron cut your stones off."

"Look Blaise, they're having a lover's spat," Draco jeered from the door of the compartment.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Ginny asked looking up, she hadn't heard anyone arrive.

"Just looking for an empty compartment," Draco replied. "Of course if we had known we would run across this lovely scene."

"And what scene is that?" Ginny asked standing up.

"This lovely innocent scene that you and Colin are sharing, of course," Draco mocked. "Something about cutting off his stones? Did he try to get fresh with you?"

"Of course not," Blaise piped in. "We all know that the Weaslette is untouched."

"Quite, right," Draco agreed. "In fact you would say she is avoided like the plague."

"I'll have you know," Ginny replied taking a step towards Draco and speaking very quietly, so quietly that not even Colin could hear, "that I've had countless men scream my name in the throws of passion."

"Really?" Draco asked closing the space between them. He leaned close to her and whispered in her ear, "Prove it."

"You wish," Ginny replied smiling sweetly as she backed away from him and retook her seat beside Colin.

"I do," Draco agreed before turning and leaving the compartment.

"What was that about?" Colin asked watching Draco's approaching voice.

"Nothing," Ginny said shaking her head. "Just, Malfoy being himself."

"You don't have a thing for him, do you?" Colin asked cautiously.

"What?"

"Nothing," Colin replied shaking his head.

"No, what?" Ginny demanded.

"I don't know, you just looked happy to see him."

Ginny snorted, "Happy to see Malfoy?"

"If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes."

"You're wrong."

"Would it be so bad?" Colin asked. "I mean it isn't like you would be the only girl lusting after the Slytherin Sex God."

"You mean the great bouncing ferret?" Ginny asked glaring at him.

"It's okay to admit that he does have an effect on your knickers," Colin told her with a little smirk.

"Just because you are my best friend does not mean that you get to talk about my knickers."

"Except for the fact that I've seen them."

"Once, when you flipped my skirt up," Ginny replied."I didn't show them to you."

"I notice you aren't denying he does have an effect on your knickers."

"Well, I can't help but wonder if the rumors are true," Ginny replied blushing. "I mean, they say he is huge, and very talented with his tongue."

"Gin, as much as I love you, and I do," Colin told her, "you are after all, my best friend, but you are too innocent to play with the big boys."

"I'm not too innocent," Ginny protested.

"And, how many times have you had sex?" Colin reminded her.

"Just because I am a virgin doesn't mean I don't want to have fun."

"Your idea of fun is not his idea of fun," Colin warned her. "You haven't done anything, and he's done, well, everyone."

"So, maybe it's time I learned," Ginny replied with a twinkle in her eye. "There's a first time for everything."

"And you want to have your firsts with Malfoy?"

"Why not?" Ginny asked with a shrug. "I mean, he seemed interested just now."

"Wait. What?"

"Well you see, I sort of told him that I've had countless men scream my name in pleasure," Ginny replied with a little laugh. "He wants me to, and I quote,'Prove it.' So, why not?"

"You can't prove anything," Colin replied. "You don't know anything."

"Thanks for your confidence in me."

"You know what I'm saying."

"Maybe it's time that I'm not so innocent anymore."

"Maybe," Colin agreed, "just, don't let him hurt you."

"I'll be fine," Ginny replied with a little laugh. "I'm just going to have a bit of fun, I think it's the least I deserve."

"I'm sure," Colin nodded. "Any who, can we talk about anything but this, it's really weird. I mean you are my best friend and if Ron ever heard that I had this conversation with you, he would cut off my stones."Ginny laughed. "Scared of my brother, just like every other guy. Good to know I have a smart best friend."
*********
"What was that about?" Blaise asked as he sat across from Draco in the train compartment.

"What was what about?" Draco asked innocently as he inspected his fingernails.

"Do you have the hots for the Weaslette?"

"I would say more like an obligation to find a mate, a suitable mate," Draco replied.

"And the Weaslette is suitable?"

"She is untouched, which will be very fun for me," Draco replied. "Plus she is nice looking."

"Nice?" Blaise asked. "I'm not one to be nice to a Weaslette, but if it weren't for her brother I would fuck her."

"You're scared of her brother?" Draco asked amused.

"Not scared, just wary."

Draco laughed, "All I have to do is pop the question and get her to say yes and the contract is signed."

"And you are so sure she would say yes."

"As long as I propose at the right time," Draco nodded. "Yes, I am."

"And when she says no, I'm going to laugh my arse off."

"You do that," Draco replied. "She won't though. In fact she will be so busy screaming "Yes, Draco, fuck me." that she won't even hear me pop the question."

"You are horrible."

"Thank you," Draco smirked.

"But, she is innocent, how do you suppose you are going to get her to scream your name."

Draco chuckled evilly, "That's where the true fun comes in."

"How so?"

"I'm going to make it so she hates being called innocent."

Blaise looked at him sceptically.

"You know Weasleys, they always want to prove a point," Draco continued rolling his eyes. "I'm going to make her think that she is the most innocent and unwanted bint in the school and she is going to want to prove me wrong."

"You are a true bastard."

"My parents were happily married when I was conceived and then birthed, therefore I can't be a bastard," Draco told him smugly. "An egotistical, self centered arse, yes, but bastard, no."

"As long as you know that you are going to ruin her."

"I plan on it," Draco replied with a malicious smile. "After all, that's where all the fun is."

"Did your father have the "talk" with you?" Blaise asked.

"You mean the one about becoming a Death Eater?" Draco asked in reply.

"That's the one."

"Of course," Draco nodded, "as if I haven't heard it every summer of my life. Of course this time he hinted that it might just be this summer that I'm initiated."

"I still don't fancy the idea of being someone's slave."

"Neither do I," Draco nodded. "Of course killing multiple muggle, and muggle lovers does sound fun."

"That is true," Blaise nodded. "Do you think you would be able to be loyal to the Dark Lord's cause?"

"No," Draco snorted, "the one place our fathers went wrong when raising us was teaching us to only care about ourselves."

"Too true," Blaise agreed. "After all, if anything he tells me to do will get me killed-"

"No way in hell I'm going to do that," Draco finished. "Of course if you get married you get a few years before you can be initiated, to make sure that your wife is truly committed to the cause."

"What now?" Blaise asked interested.

"Yeah, my father was telling me about it," Draco nodded. "The Dark Lord can't very well have anyone ruining his plans. Which if your wife isn't loyal to you then she might tell someone. So you have to break your wife before you can become a Death Eater."

"Really?" Blaise asked. "Hm, I'll have to use that to my benefit."

"I hear that Drake, the girl in Gryffindor, is available."

"Amy Drake?"

"Yes," Draco nodded, "hates Voldermort and all he stands for, would never help aide him, blah blah blah. Take forever to break."

"Thanks for the information mate, I'm going to go find Amy," Blaise stood up and made his way out of the train compartment.

Draco leaned back in his seat as he waited for the train to reach Hogwarts. A few hours later he found himself being woken up by frantic shaking.

"What do you want, Pansy?" Draco asked through half lidded eyes.

"We're at Hogwarts," Pansy replied. "I thought you might want to know."

"Why are you shaking me so hard?" Draco asked as he pushed her away. "Get away from me."

"Oh, come one Draky-poo."

"Pansy, if you ever call me that again, I will kill you."

"Don't be so mean," Pansy replied as she latched onto his arm. "So, Hogsmeade, you're taking me, right?"

"No."

"What? Why?"

"Pansy, for the past few years you were a really great shag, truly phenomenal. However, now it's time for me to find a wife, and you are not wife material."

"Then who is?" Pansy asked with a strained voice.

"That is none of your business," Draco replied with a little smile.

"The hell it isn't."

"And how, Parkinson is it your business?"

"You know exactly why it is my business." Pansy replied.

"Just because a few years ago we were each others first, doesn't mean I owe you anything," Draco replied as he shook her off his arm. "I'm going to go find Blaise."

Pansy glared at him as he smirked and walked away from her.
********************
"Ginny, what's this I hear about you talking to Malfoy on the train?" Ron asked as he sat beside Ginny.

"How did you hear that?" Ginny asked looking at Colin.

"What kind of brother would I be if I didn't know things like that."

"A brilliant one," Ginny replied rolling her eyes. "He came into our compartment and I just told him to leave."

"Is that the truth?" Ron asked turning to Colin.

Ginny glared at Colin, "Yes."

"Fine, but I don't like the fact that you were talking to him."

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Listen to yourself. I didn't ask him to come in the train compartment so chill out."

Ron was about to reply when the new students were led into the Great Hall. He held his tongue during the sorting ceremony and as soon as the sorting was over he turned back to his sister. However, instead of finding Ginny he found a first year sitting beside him.

Ginny smiled at Ron from down the table before turning to the food that had appeared in front of them. Ginny enjoyed her first meal at Hogwarts for the year while talking to Colin, and occasionally speaking to Amy. She laughed as Colin told Amy about being hit on the naked lady and the tub and Amy's subsequent shocked face. Ginny's eyes traveled up to look around the Great Hall and she froze when she noticed Draco staring at her. She stared back at him for a minute and quickly dropped her eyes back to her plate when he winked at her.

Ginny ignored the Slytherin table for the rest of dinner, instead choosing to give all her attention to Colin. When dinner was finally over she trailed behind Colin to the Gryffindor tower, still ignoring Draco. Apparently he had decided that his last year was going to be the year in which he confuses the hell out of her. Coming onto her in the train, winking at her. Since when did Malfoy wink?

Since when did she consider having sexual exploits with him? Seriously, that conversation with Colin in the train, that wasn't her. She wasn't that kind of girl. She was sweet and innocent, of course, she wouldn't be forever. That did have to change eventually, right? And it was every girl's fantasy to be with Draco. Not that she actually liked him. It would be interesting to find out if the rumors were true. She wasn't that kind of girl though, not really. Of course she had given the impression to Draco that she was quite experienced and in reality, she knew how to kiss. Barely kiss, she had only kissed a few boys and none of those kisses had ever taken her breath away. They were mediocre kisses at that. Even that one Christmas where she had managed to get under the mistletoe with Harry, the kiss was simple, plain. Of course that could be because he was in love with Hermione, like he had always been.

"What's on your mind?" Colin asked as he sat beside her on the couch.

"Nothing," Ginny said shaking her head. "Why?"

"You just looked worried," Colin replied.

"I'm just deep in my thoughts." Ginny replied.

"Thoughts of?"

"Nothing."

"Okay," Colin replied, "I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bright and early." Ginny nodded. "At breakfast."
************
Draco lay in his bed, contemplating his next move. As he saw it he could go two ways with the Weaselette. He could romance her or he could mock her innocence. It was all a matter of whether he wanted to be the nice guy, or not. Maybe a mix of both? Is that possible? Could he be nice and an ass at the same time and still get her to say yes to him?

If worse comes to worse he could ask Pansy. Of course he could always kill himself also. Which if he married Pansy, he would end up killing himself. Wait. Why would he kill himself? He would just end up killing Pansy, no reason to rid the world of him. After all he was far too important if to no one else-then to himself to leave this world.

Draco pulled the covers up around him and closed his eyes. Tomorrow he would start with the Weaslette, try that whole nice and mean at the same time thing. Tonight he would sleep. He was tired.