Unofficial Portkey Archive

Is It Love? by mem0rycafe
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Is It Love?

mem0rycafe

Is It Love?

Chapter Two: Cutting a Deal

Disclaimer: Guess what! I will never own Harry Potter or anything to do with Harry Potter, sad I know, but true. However any names that I come up with that you don't recognize from Harry Potter, yep, they are mine and the idea for this story is mine, as far as I know anyway. But as usual, whatever JK Rowling wants she can have.

(A/N I forgot to thank my wonderful beta for all her hard work last chapter. So send her cookies along in reviews.

Also, I adore reviews so thank you for all of them! I read them all, and I appreciate them all. You guys rock. On to the story!)

*******************

Draco waited outside the Great Hall for Ginny to come out. He watched as a group of sixth years walked out of the Great Hall and was disappointed to see Ginny with them. Lucky for him she was in the back and it wasn't very hard for him to grab her and pull her into a dark corner.

Ginny gasped as she was pushed against the cold stone wall and her eyes narrowed as she realized it was Draco who had yanked her in there, "Let go of me!"

Draco held her against the wall with his body and leaned down so that his face was near hers, "We have to have a little talk first."

"Excuse me? No we don't," Ginny replied trying to push him away. "What do you want?"

"I think you know what I want."

"How in the bloody hell would I know what you want," Ginny replied. "Further more why would I want to know?"

"Did you forget our conversation from yesterday so quickly?" Draco whispered into her ear before blowing gently into it.

"I guess it just wasn't that important of a conversation," Ginny shot back, a little shiver running down her spine.

"Well, let me refresh your memory," Draco replied as he sucked her earlobe into his mouth and gently nibbled on it. "I believe you said something about men moaning your name in pure ecstasy. And I asked you to prove it, and you replied with an ever so witty "in your dreams."

"I said you wish," Ginny interrupted as she ducked her head away from him.

"So you do remember?" Draco smirked as he started to plant kisses on her neck. "I do wish."

"Malfoy, stop," Ginny asked quietly, stifling a gasp. "Please."

"You don't like this?" Draco asked looking her in the eyes questioningly.

"What are you playing at?" Ginny asked as he allowed her to slip out of his grasp.

"I already told you," Draco replied. "I want you to prove it."

"No you don't," Ginny told him, backing up slowly, "because I'm just a Weasley, and you hate us."

"Maybe I don't hate all Weasleys," Draco replied raising an eyebrow.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Ginny asked.

"Why would you say that?" Draco asked innocently.

"I'm not, you know," Ginny replied. "I know you're just trying to confuse me, and it isn't going to work."

"I don't want to confuse you. I just want you."

"Sure you do," Ginny nodded. "And I suppose I'm suppose to want you also?"

"It would help."

"I'm going to class," Ginny said turning on her heel and walking away.

"I should have known you wouldn't actually prove yourself," Draco called after her.

Ginny stopped and was about to turn around but instead she shook her head and continued on to class.

Draco smirked as he watched Ginny walk away. That had been fun for him, plus she tasted nice. Draco smiled to himself as he thought about what he was going to do next. It was, after all, only the morning he had the whole day to torment the little Weasel, and it would be fun. Draco started to his first class of the day, even though it was with Gryffindor he knew it would pass quickly. Hell he wouldn't even have to torture the trio, he had gotten his fill from the Weaselette.

**************

"You were almost late," Colin whispered to her as he handed her some ingredients to chop up for their potion.

"Yeah, I know," Ginny nodded.

"What happened? You were right behind me."

"Malfoy decided to have a little chat with me," Ginny replied as she chopped up the fairy wings. "Apparently he wants me."

"He wants you as in you are a toy, or he wants you?"

"Knowing Malfoy he wants me in his bed with him," Ginny replied rolling her eyes.

"And?"

"And I, being the good girl that I am, walked away," Ginny replied as she dumped the fairy wings into the cauldron. "Why are we making a Purity Control Potion?"

"Apparently some of the students are getting a little randy," Colin replied with a smirk. "And, this is to keep the students, who are caught in a broom closet, mindful of their morals."

"I suppose that would only work if the student has morals to begin with," Ginny said raising an eyebrow.

"It wouldn't work on Malfoy."

"It wouldn't work on any of the Slytherins," Ginny laughed quietly.

"Or most teenage boys, in general," Colin added.

"Sad, our only hope for purity is left up to the female sex," Ginny smirked.

"Not the Slytherin females."

"Of course not them," Ginny agreed. "I didn't even know it was possible to be as friendly as they are."

"Some of them are awfully nice though."

"Colin, don't ever say anything like that to me again," Ginny said quietly, a shudder running down her back, "because you just sent me images of a naked Parkinson."

"Gin, please, I do have standards," Colin told her." Those standards include no girl that looks like she hasn't bathed in a few days."

"What about Penny?"

"She doesn't count," Colin replied. "She had just gotten done mud wrestling, and that is a big turn on," he smirked at her, "especially since I got to wash it off of her."

"Nice to know," Ginny said, only slightly disgusted. "Do you realize how hard it is for me to look some of these girls in the eyes after you tell me about your times with them?"

"It's a small castle, what do you expect?"

"Moving on," Ginny said replied as she rolled her eyes. "Is the potion a nice blue color yet?"

"Sort of."

"Sort of?"

"It's actually aqua."

"Did you add the pumpkin pulp?"

"Yeah."

"Then why is it aqua?"

"One might think it's because you didn't stir it enough times," Professor Snape said as he slid up to their cauldron and peered in. "Five points from Gryffindor for not being able to make a simple purity potion. And, if you two wish to get a passing grade you might want to look into tutoring."

Ginny glared at his retreating back as she heard the sixth year Slytherins giggling, "Git."

"Gin, hush," Colin warned quietly. "It's only five points."

"He's still a git."

"Come on," Colin said picking up his books. "Let's go, we don't want to be late for Herbology."

"I wouldn't mind being late," Ginny disagreed. She followed after him as they made their way out of the castles and towards Greenhouse 3.

"Except then you would lose more points for us."

"You're the one who didn't stir the potion enough," Ginny shot back. "So you lost the first set of points for us."

"You were my partner, you should have been watching."

"Sure," Ginny snorted as she pushed him. "It's all my fault."

"How come when it comes to being right, you always are, but when something wrong happens it's all my fault?" Colin asked.

"That's the amazing thing about being a girl," Ginny replied. "We are never wrong and if anything goes wrong it's always the guys fault."

"That should only work if I'm actually your guy."

"Well, considering you don't have a girlfriend and I don't have a boyfriend," Ginny started smirking. "I don't have anyone to blame and you don't have anyone to put blame upon you, we will just have to make due with each other, until one of us gets someone."

"That's not fair."

"And I might care," Ginny laughed. "If I wasn't the one always getting to be right."

*************************

Draco looked out the window of Transfiguration class and frowned at the sight he saw. Colin Creevey was flirting with Ginny and she was flirting back. How could she walk away from him and go flirt with that git? Draco was mad. Here he was, trying to romance the girl and she was busy flirting with a mudblood. What was the world coming to?

He wasn't worried though. He was, after all, Draco Malfoy. The most popular and pursued male in the school, net to Harry, of course. For a Slytherin he was popular though. He was especially popular with the Hufflepuffs, which was a bit odd. He would just have to work harder. He would have to be more irresistible. He had felt the little Weasel shiver earlier at his touch, heard the gasp she tried to hide. He was no fool when it came to wooing a girl, not that he actually had to woo often. Usually he just had to look at a girl the right way and she would jump him.

How much did he need a good shag right about now? Maybe he shouldn't have gotten rid of Pansy so quickly. After all, it had been a whole summer since he had last felt a girl with their lips wrapped around his shaft. And, Pansy did know what she was doing. Of course that was probably because she had been with everyone.

Draco looked back out the window and noticed that Ginny and the Creevey bloke had disappeared. He tuned back into the lesson, today they were learning how to change someone's hair and eye color. His partner had somehow managed to be Potter. He was pretty sure it was McGongall's way of trying to get them to get along. If she hadn't figured out that after the six prior years that they weren't going to get along, then she was clueless.

Draco sighed gratefully as the class was finally over and he could go to lunch. He gathered up his books and hurried towards Blaise.

"Imagine my luck, I got stuck with Potter."

"Yeah, well Goyle got stuck with Hermione," Blaise smirked. "Imagine having to work with her."

"I suppose he did have the worst partner," Draco nodded. "After all, who wants to work with that mudblood?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," Harry said from behind him.

"So sorry," Draco replied turning around. "Didn't realize you were there," he smirked as he mocked him. "I'm off to lunch now. Hope I didn't hurt your mudblood's feelings too horribly."

Draco laughed as he turned around and started towards the Great Hall with Blaise, ignoring the Dream Team behind him. He had better things to do then mess with Potter. Plus the minute he got Ginny he would be pissing Potter off and her annoying brother also. Draco smirked to himself as he thought about the looks on their faces when they found out. He just had to get her to say yes.

****************

"He's staring at you still."

"I know," Ginny replied not looking up from her sandwich.

"He's been staring at you all through lunch."

"I know!" Ginny replied a little louder than she meant to.

"Maybe you should stare back."

"What?" Ginny asked her head flying up to glare at Colin.

"You know, give him a taste of his own medicine."

"I don't think that would work," Ginny shook her head.

"You never know until you try."

"I do know," Ginny replied. "He wants me to notice him."

"You keeping your head down all through the meal is just as good as staring at him."

"Really? How is that?" Ginny snapped.

"Well, it shows that you are obviously avoiding his gaze, which says that you know he is staring at you."

"Which means I'm noticing him," Ginny sighed catching on. "You know for all my talk yesterday, I wish he would just leave me alone."

"All you have to do is go to Ron."

"NO!"

"Quiet down," Colin said hushing her. "Do you want the whole Great Hall to listen in on our conversation."

"I don't want Ron to try and rescue me," Ginny replied crossly. "I just want Malfoy to stop acting weird."

"Well, whatever you are doing to have gotten on his radar, stop doing it."

"I'm not doing anything."

"Well, stop it."

"How can I stop doing nothing?" Ginny asked.

Colin smirked, "By doing something."

"I don't care how much you try and explain that," Ginny sighed. "It will never make sense."

Colin smirked at her, "Think about it, it does make sense."

"Sure," Ginny replied skeptically. "I'm going now."

"Bye, Gin," Colin called after her.

Ginny rolled her eyes at him. He was being a prat, and he knew it. She slowly made her way out of the Great Hall, she was in no great hurry. She had half an hour before her next class, it was just a matter of what could she do till then. Ginny was about to go outside to sit by the lake when she saw him.

"Have you thought about what I said?" Draco asked as he fell in step beside her.

"Go away," Ginny sighed as she made her way out of the castle.

"Or what?" Draco asked following beside her.

"Or else my poorness might rub off on you," Ginny replied as she made her way towards the lake. "Merlin knows that no one wants that."

"Maybe my money might rub off on you," Draco replied.

"What do you want?" Ginny asked stopping suddenly and turning to him. "Why are you staring at me during meals?"

Draco looked her over for a minute, an amused smirk playing across his lips, "What can I say? I just can't seem to keep my eyes off of you."

Ginny stomped her foot in frustration before turning and continuing towards the lake.

"Most girls would be thrilled that I'm giving them so much attention," Draco told her as he walked beside her.

"Then go give one of them attention," Ginny replied as she threw herself on the ground and leaned against a large oak tree.

"They aren't as fun as you though," Draco said as he sat down beside her.

"Well, how can I not be fun?" Ginny asked as she closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead, much like she would if she had a headache.

"Why would you not want to be fun?" Draco asked her in return as he wound a lock of her hair around his finger.

"Don't touch me," Ginny said brushing his hand away.

"Don't you want to hear me scream your name in pure passion?" Draco whispered into her ear, before gently blowing gently into it.

Ginny shivered as her eyes popped open, "What do you think you are doing?"

"What ever are you talking about?" Draco asked innocently.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?"

"How about we make a deal," Draco asked.

"What kind of deal?" Ginny asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"You go to Hogsmeade with me and I will leave you alone until then, and if you want me to I will leave you alone after also."

"Why don't you just leave me alone to begin with?" Ginny asked.

"I told you, you're fun."

"So if I go to Hogsmead, you will leave me alone until then and after then?"

"If you want me to," Draco nodded.

"Good," Ginny said checking her watch. "Then leave me alone, I have a few minutes left out here before I have to go to class."

"Then that's a yes?"

"Yes," Ginny replied closing her eyes again, "so, go away, and leave me alone."

"Till Saturday," Draco said as he got up. "Meet me in the Front Hall by eight."

Ginny just waved her hand as she kept her eyes closed. Draco watched her for a few minutes before walking off to go to his next class. That was almost too easy. Of course he did have to make sure that she wanted to see him after the Hogsmeade weekend. Which considering it was him, shouldn't be a problem.

Blaise looked at him interestedly as he sat down, "You look happy."

"Do I?" Draco mused.

"Yes. Why?" Blaise asked.

"Because I have a date to Hogsmeade."

"With?"

"The Weaselette."

"Don't you think that if you are going to go to Hogsmeade with her you should say her name?"

"Ginny," Draco said with a grimace.

"Ginevra," Blaise replied.

"Ginevra?"

"I had detention last year and I had to help Snape figure out his final grades," Blaise shrugged. "She was listed as Ginevra Weasley."

"Ginevra," Draco said, letting the name roll off his tongue, "Gin-ev-ra."

"So, do you think you would be able to manage to say her name?"

"I suppose I better."

*********************

"Kill me, Colin," Ginny moaned as she sat down beside him. "Put me out of my misery."

"What's wrong?"

"I went insane and told Malfoy I would go to Hogsmeade with him."

"Why would you go and do that?"

"He promised that if I went with him that he would leave me alone," Ginny replied throwing her head on the table in front of her and sighing loudly. "I have to go to Hogsmeade with that pompous git."

"You didn't have to say yes."

"Yeah I could have said no," Ginny agreed, "and then for the rest of the damn year he would have been bugging me because for some reason he thinks I'm "fun." What the hell is his problem?"

"Watch your language," Colin lectured.

"Colin."

"Yes?"

"Bite me."

"I better not, I don't think Malfoy would like it if I did."

"Since when do we care what Malfoy likes?" Ginny asked. "He isn't my keeper."

"All the same," Colin replied. "He obviously has his sights set on you, and I know better than to get in the way of something Malfoy wants."

"Thanks," Ginny said glaring at him. "By the way, when Pansy starts hitting on you, and you need help, don't look at me. I'm going to be the one egging her on."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, poor, deluded Colin," Ginny smirked. "I would. After all you aren't helping me with Malfoy at all, and he is an evil bastard."

"Oh well, it isn't like Pansy doesn't have her own rumors flying around," Colin replied. "After all, did you hear about what they say about her tongue?"

"Shut up!"

"Seriously though," Colin continued, "they say it's magical."

"Shut up!" Ginny said picking up her book and hitting Colin on the head with it. "I'm leaving."

"What about class?"

"It's Binns, he will never even know I'm gone," Ginny replied before quietly slipping out of the class. Ginny rolled her eyes as she started down the hall. Colin was no help. She should just turn him in for a new best friend. After all he didn't actually offer up words of support. He got way too much pleasure in her pain. She turned a corner and ran right into someone.

"Watch where you're going."

"What the hell?" Ginny asked looking up. "Why aren't you in class?"

"I could be asking you the same thing," Draco replied raising an eyebrow. "I never saw you as the sort of girl to skip class."

"Well, I bet there are a lot of things that you would never think I would do, but in reality I do actually do."

"Care to share some of those things with me?"

"You're suppose to be leaving me alone, remember?"

"You ran into me," Draco replied. "So, what did you really expect?"

"I have to go," Ginny replied pushing past him.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be around you," Ginny replied running up the stairs, and away from him.

(A/N I got the Purity Control Potion idea from my sister.)