Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology
By Lauren G.

Chapter 12: As Lovers Go


Author's Note: Sorry I haven't written in a while. Please enjoy this chapter.

Ron's P.O.V. Ron and Luna walked soaking wet into the house. There were two quilts set out on the kitchen table for them, probably put out by Mrs. Weasley. Ron and Luna took them without a word and sat down in front of the fireplace.

"That was fun." Ron said, turning to Luna.

"I know." Luna said, holding her hands out towards the fire.

"We're going to Diagon Alley soon. Mum figured it would be best to go early on to beat the crowds. Plus…."

"I'm leaving soon. My dad will back not to far from now." Luna said sadly. She didn't look at him and she curled her hands around her knees, pulling them close to her.

"I'll miss you." Ron said, sounding equally as sad.

"Me too. But we'll see each other at school." Luna assured him. She looked over at him and smiled. Her yellow hair hung in wet curls close to her face.

"Yeah. School." Ron said. Luna scooted closer to Ron on the hearthrug and leaned her head on his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The following weekend, the Weasley's decided to head to Diagon Alley for school supplies. Hermione pulled Harry along to the bookstore, while Mrs. Weasley and Ginny headed for the tailors. Ron hungered to go look at Quality Quidditch Supplies.

"Come on, slowpoke!" Luna said, pulling on his arm. "Let's go to the Quidditch store!" She said. Ron allowed her to pull him along the dirty cobblestone street. When they got there, Luna grabbed his hand and laced her fingers through his.

"I like that one." Luna said, pointing with her free hand. She was pointing at a set of Quidditch Robes made in a lush color of royal blue.

"I prefer brooms." Ron said. "Like that one. Not as fast as the Firebolt, but its got great durability!" They laughed and conversed at the store window before heading to find Harry and Hermione and gather school supplies. After all the shopping had been done, the students settled down with a couple of Butterbeers in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Can I have those?" Luna eagerly asked the group when everyone had taken the cap off their drinks. Harry passed them down to her, and she immediately pocketed them.

"Going to add more to your necklace?" Ginny asked. Luna just grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Luna's P.O.V. The next, Luna's father would be arriving by Floo powder and taking her back to their house. It would be almost 2 weeks before she would see Ron again. Her carpetbag was packed and ready by the door of her room. She gingerly tucked her wand behind her ear and she left to look for Ron. She stood on her tiptoes and peered out the kitchen window above the bubbling sink that was feverishly washing dishes. Ron was outside by the large pond. She walked out slowly and approached behind him. Ron was swirling the water around with a large stick. She sat down next to him, her cream skirt billowing around her knees in the summer breeze. She tucked the folds of the dress close to her.

"Ron…"

"Yeah?" He said, not looking at her.

"I've got to be honest. You're wasting your time if you're fishing around here."

"You must be mistaken. I'm not fishing." Ron replied, keeping his eyes on the water.

"You got to be crazy. What do you take me for? Some kind of easy mock?" Luna said, an annoyed tone in her voice.

"No, you've got wits; you've got looks; you've got passion, but I swear that you've got me all wrong."

"All wrong? All WRONG? How could have I got you all wrong Ron?" Ron shrugged

"You've got me."

"I think you're lying." Luna said, stretching out her feet. "I don't have you wrong. I understand you perfectly."

"Do you? Then do you know nervous I am about going to back to school? I am a totally different person there! Don't you recall how I acted towards you at Hogwarts?" Luna was quiet.

"Its Malfoy isn't it?" She finally spoke up. "You don't want to be made fun of for dating a loony." Luna turned her head away from him and stared off.

"It's foolish." Ron said. "I'm.. Sorry. I am glad to be your boyfriend. And I'm glad you're my girlfriend. But… Old fears die hard I guess."

"So you're not ashamed to be dating me? You still…. You know…"

"Love you?" Ron asked. Luna nodded, her head hanging down.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear and I'll belong to you, if you just let me through." Ron said, reaching for her hand. Luna squeezed his hand and turned her head to smile at him.

"This is as easy as lovers, so don't complicate it by hesitating. This is as wonderful as loving goes, this is tailor-made, so what's the sense in waiting to reveal it to the others?" She replied, scooting herself closer. Ron nodded.

"You're right." He stood up, bringing her up with him. He wrapped Luna up in his long arms and hugged her tight. She nuzzled her mass of blonde hair close to his chest.

"Luna… I've got to be honest…."

"Yes?" Luna mumbled.

"I've been waiting for someone like you all my life." Luna looked up at him.

"Really?" She said, her eyes glittering.

"I thought I would be asylum bound at Hogwarts, with all the teasing. But seeing you… Seeing you makes me think twice. Being with you doesn't make me crazy like people think I would have gone in order to fall in love with you. Being with you makes me sane. I think -well, actually fear, that I'll go crazy if you leave my side." Luna snuggled up to him again and sighed romantically.

"You should write songs." Luna mumbled into his shirt. Ron snorted.

"Just one thing." Luna said, stepping back from Ron's embrace. "Are you brave enough for when I leave tonight?"

"Tonight?" Ron asked.

"Tonight." Luna replied. Ron pondered for a moment, then stared deep into Luna's glassy eyes.

"Yes." He said bravely.

"My King." She purred. Ron went red.

"Yeah… Well…." He shuffled his feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Ron's P.O.V. Luna and Ron stood hand in hand by the kitchen fireplace. Luna had to leave at seven. That's when the Floo network would be running at her house again so she could get home.

"We'll miss you dear. Some back anytime." Mrs. Weasley said, winking at Luna, and then giving her a motherly hug.

"Bye Luna. See you at school." Ginny said, giving her friend a hug. Hermione and Harry both bade Luna goodbye, and assured her that they'd save a seat for her on the train back to Hogwarts. The clock chimed 7 o'clock and Mrs. Weasley lit the fireplace with her wand.

"Bye." Luna whispered to Ron as she curled her arms around Ron's neck, standing on tiptoes. She pulled him close and hugged him tight.

"Bye." Ron said.

Luna reached down and picked up her carpetbag and walked into the fireplace. Within moments, she had gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

A few weeks later, it was time to go back to school. The Weasley's, Harry, and Hermione bustled through Kings Cross to get to Platforms 9 and 3 quarters.

"Whats that noise?" Hermione asked, holding onto Crookshanks with one arm and pushing her trolley with the other. The others were quiet and they heard the noise of something tiny and metal clicking together.

"I don't know." Ron said, adjusting the collar of his jacket, pulling it tighter around his neck. Hermione shrugged.

After emerging into the Platform, it was chaos as everyone hurried to pile their belongings into the storage car of the Hogwarts Express. Ginny said goodbye to her mother and ran off with her girlfriends. Harry and Hermione hurried to find seats. Ron handed Pigwidgeon to the wizard in charge of the car with all the animals. He then headed off to find Harry and Hermione. He was worried he wouldn't find Luna. But his worries subsided as he saw a blonde head weaving its way through the crowd. The head began to bounce up and down. Ron had to smile. Luna was jumping up and down in order to see past the crowd. She broke into a grin, and then a run when she spotted Ron.

"Ronnie!" She squealed. She jumped into his arms. "I missed you!" She snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

"Hey Lu, I missed you too." They laughed and their noses touched, along with the identical Butterbeer cap necklaces around their necks.

As Lovers Go

By Dashboard Confessional

She said "I've gotta be honest,

You're wasting your time if you're fishing round here."

And I said, "You must be mistaken,

Cause I'm not fooling...this feeling is real"

She said...she said, "You gotta be crazy,

What do you take me for? Some kind of easy mock?

"No, you've got wits, you've got looks,

You've got passion, but I swear that you've got me all wrong."

All wrong.

All wrong.

But you got me...

I'll be true; I'll be useful...

I'll be cavalier...I'll be yours my dear.

And I'll belong to you...

If you'll just let me through.

This is easy as lovers go,

So don't complicate it by hesitating.

And this is wonderful as loving goes,

This is tailor-made, what's the sense in waiting?

And I said "I've gotta be honest

I've been waiting for you all my life."

For so long I thought I was asylum bound,

But just seeing you makes me think twice.

And being with you here makes me sane,

I fear I'll go crazy if you leave my side.

You've got wits...you've got looks,

You've got passion but are you brave enough to leave with me tonight?

Tonight.

Tonight.

But you've got me...

I'll be true; I'll be useful...

I'll be cavalier...I'll be yours my dear.

And I'll belong to you...

If you'll just let me through.

This is easy as lovers go,

So don't complicate it by hesitating.

And this is wonderful as loving goes,

This is tailor-made, what's the sense in waiting?

This is easy as lovers go,

So don't complicate it by hesitating.

And this is wonderful as loving goes,

This is tailor-made, what's the sense in waiting?

Author's Note: Kay… This was the hardest chapter I had to write since lots of parts of the song were hard to work into the story. I promise the ones to come will be much better. I liked the end part best about the Butterbeer cap necklaces. Cute huh? Let me know what you guys liked! No trash, recycle!


-->