Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Chapter 3: Just tell yourself... `I believe in a thing called love'

Ron's P.O.V.:

He tried not to stare open mouthed at the blonde bombshell that was just a oddball girl a little over 45 minutes ago. But it was too late. His mouth was already hanging agape.

"Geez Ron. Close your mouth. You could catch the Snitch in that thing." Ginny said. Ginny opened up the refrigerator and took out a pitcher of lemonade.

"Is this some kind of...trick? Something Fred and George have cooked up?" Ron said, aghast.

"No. Ginny gave me a makeover." Luna stated. Ron felt he had to get used to her matter-o-fact statements.

"Well... Uh...." Ron's ear went red. "She did a nice job." Ron said. Luna stared at him with tinted eyes. Ron wanted to melt.

"A nice job?" Ginny scoffed. She poured the lemonade and returned it to the fridge. "This is my best job yet. Biscuit?" offered Ginny.

"Yes please." Luna said, taking one and biting into it daintily with pink glossed lips. Ron stifled a moan.

"Well... I'm off to write Harry. He should be coming here to visit soon." He said.

"Um... Okay. You don't need to announce it to the whole world." Ginny said. Ron turned without saying anything and ran upstairs.

He flung himself on his bed and scrambled for a piece of parchment. He dipped a quill in the ink bottle. He quickly began to scrawl out:

`Harry,
You'll never believe what's going on here at the Burrow. Lo - Luna Lovegood is staying here. Hope you won't be totally bummed when you get here, and I'll warn you ahead of time that you'll be in for a sur-`

"Surprise!" Said a male voice in his doorway. Ron jumped, startled, and pushed the parchment off his bed onto the floor.

"HARRY!" Ron yelled, leaping up. Harry was standing the doorway, looking tan and dusty. "I thought you weren't coming for another couple of days!

"No. Dumbledore reckoned I came unexpectedly to avoid any word of my visit being intercepted." Harry and Ron slapped a high five.

"Hermione's coming tomorrow." Harry said. "She sent me an owl a couple of days ago."

"I was just going to write you a letter." Ron admitted.

"Really? Why? About what?" Harry looked puzzled. "You knew I was coming to visit."

"Yeah, yeah. You - you mean you didn't see?"

"See what?"

"In the kitchen!"

"There was no one in the kitchen. I mean, I came here by Floo powder so when I came out of the fireplace, I would have seen somebody."

"Are you sure?" Ron slid past Harry and trampled downstairs, Harry close behind. Sure enough, there was no one in the kitchen. Ron sighed.

"Good. Did you say `hi' to mum yet?" Ron quickly asked. Harry shook his head. As they walked into the living room, Mrs. Weasley squealed.

"HARRY!" She screamed. After much hugging and some chit chat-

"Have you said hello to Ginny and-"

"We'll get right on that mum!" And with that, Ron dragged Harry away.

"You've got your broom?" Ron asked.

"Yup." Harry grabbed his Firebolt, which had been lying next to his trunk near the fireplace.

"Great. Lets go to the Quidditch pitch." So off they went. When they had gathered several fallen apples from the ground, and soared into the air, Harry spoke up.

"What's with you? Is Percy here? I know someone is here that you don't want me to know about. Who is it?"

"Its...Luna." Ron said. Harry smiled.

"I'm not gonna freak. She's really nice, not as weird as you think." Harry tossed an apple to Ron and he missed.

"That's not it. I'm not freaked out by her... I take that back, I'm freaked out about something involving her." "What could be so bad?" Harry tossed another apple to Ron. He caught it this time.

"I like her." He said. Harry grinned.

"I always wondered why she always starred at you." He said. He began to laugh.

"Don't!" Ron said. He chucked the apple back. Harry dodged it.

"Come on Ron. You like her. So what?"

"I can't do anything about it! I can't... can't... Date her! I mean... there's Malfoy! And school!"

"You have to though." Harry said. He and Ron began to fly around the pitch. "If you like her, you have to. Its like, common knowledge."

"How do you know this?" Ron asked.

"Well... You know. I liked Cho. She liked me. We went on a date. You know how it ended. Now we like... hate each other. So if you go on a date, you'll know if you have something or not." Ron raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know if I like the sound of this."

"But you DO like her right?"

"Yeah... Its weird, because I really don't know why. I mean, she was just weird at first. And when she got here at my house, there was just something different with her. And the makeover Ginny gave her didn't help."

"Wait, Ginny gave Luna a makeover?"

"And a hell of a good one." Ron ran a hand through his hair. "Its like... it's like I can't explain all the feelings that she's making me feel. Almost like my heart is in overdrive and she's behind the steering wheel." Harry slightly smiled.

"Well my friend, take her out. I mean, I'll have Hermione here tomorrow. I won't be LONESOME without you." Harry dragged out the word `lonesome' in a teasing tone. Ron threw another apple at him. Harry laughed.

"As I was saying, take her out. And if things go well, just tell yourself: I believe in a thing called love."

"I believe in a thing called love?" Ron asked.

"There. See? You just said it. Let's go." They flew to the ground and dismounted. Then, they headed back to the house.

I Believe in a Thing Called Love By The Darkness

Can't explain all the feelings that you're making me feel

My heart's in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel

Touching you, touching me

Touching you, God you're touching me

I believe in a thing called love

Just listen to the rhythm of my heart

There's a chance we could make it now

We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down

I believe in a thing called love

Ooh!

Authors Note: Didn't use the whole song. Hope that's okay. Please tell me if you like the Musicology of Ron and Luna!


-->