Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Author's Note: Glad everyone likes my story! From Chapter 4, for the young witch or wizard who asked, cloaking spells areā€¦ well, I don't know if they exist or not. But it was on the Saturday Night Live Lindsay Lohan Harry Potter skit back in May of 2004. I'm guessing cloaking spells are spells that `hide' people. Such as `cloaking' them in darkness or what not. Hope that helps.

Chapter 6: First Date

Luna's P.O.V.:

Luna stood in the doorway. Ron stared back at her.

"Well?" Ron asked.

"Oh... Um... Pink or blue?"

"What?"

"What color sweater? Pink or blue?"

"Uh...... Pink." Ron said, his ears going red.

"Okay." She took the pink sweater off of the bed. She walked to the doorway.

"Do you mind if I dry my hair first?" She asked.

"Oh. Right. Yeah." Ron stepped aside and Luna went into the bathroom. As she closed the door, she heard the clunk of Ron hitting his head against the wall.

Ron's P.O.V.:

"Hi honey! Your hot cocoa is ready for heating. And I made chocolate chip cookies. Fred and George's favorite." Mrs. Weasley told Ron.

"And I care why?" Ron asked, questioning the information about the cookies.

"'Cause we're here for the weekend little bro!" yelled a voice. Fred and George pounced on Ron and gave him a double noogie.

"Argh! Get off me!" Ron yelled. "This isn't a good time."

"Ah, does ickle Ronnykins have PMS?" Fred teased.

"Yeah. Better not upset Aunt Flo." George agreed. They both laughed. Mrs. Weasley gave them a stern look.

"Stop annoying your brother. He's had a rough day, being a hero and all."

"What did you do? Actually put down the seat in the fearful bathroom of doom?" George asked.

"No! Ron saved Luna from the lake."

"Loony's here?" Fred asked.

"Its Luna." Ron snapped.

"Oooooh. Touchy." Fred and George said in unison.

"Shut up." Ron said, going red.

"All right boys. Help yourselves to a cookie. But don't spoil your appetite for dinner." Mrs. Weasley set out the plate of cookies. Fred and George ran at them.

"Actually mum... I'm not going to be here for dinner." Ron said.

"And why not young man?" Mrs. Weasley asked, hands on her hips.

"LunaandIaregoingouttonight." He said fast. Fred and George stopped scarfing down the cookies.

"What was that?" Fred asked.

"Luna and I are going out tonight." Ron said, looking at his shoes.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" Fred and George said. Mrs. Weasley teared up.

"I knew you liked her!" She squeezed Ron in a tight hug.

"You gotta get going soon don't you?" Fred said, taking Ron by the shoulders and leading him to the front room.

"Yeah! You need to remember your manners."

"That means no burping."

"And you have to wear a napkin on your lap."

"And eat 3 Altoids at once."

"Don't get fresh with her."

"Wash your hands if you plan on touching her."

As Fred and George rambled on, Ron's head began to spin. He had to remember what to do. Did he have Altoids? Wash your hands before you put the napkin on your lap?"

"Hurry! You'll be late!" George said as he and Fred pushed him out the door.

"But how am I to get there?" Ron stupidly asked.

"Take our car." Fred said, giving Ron the keys to Fred and George's newly bought, but old, Volvo.

"Okay." Ron said, taking the keys in a fazed state.

"Hurry!" George said again. They pushed him out the door. Ron ran to the car and jumped in. He started the car and peeled out of the driveway. Fred and George closed the door snickering. A minute later, Ron pulled back in the driveway. He ran inside.

"I don't know where she lives!" He said panicked. George snickered as Fred handed Ron a piece of paper. Ron raced out of the house again.

"What did you give him?" George asked.

"Our address." They laughed. Luna came down the stairs with silky blonde curled hair.

"What's so funny?" She asked. Fred and George stared at her.

"Nothing." They said together, still staring.

"Where's Ron?" She asked.

"Picking you up." Fred said. Luna smiled.

About 5 minutes later, Ron came back to the house. George locked the door. Ron banged on the door.

"You open it." Fred told Luna. Luna opened the door.

"Hi." Ron said, out of breath.

"Hi." Luna said.

"You find my house okay?" Luna played along. Ron slightly smiled.

"Yeah. You ready?"

"Yes." She said. As they walked to the car, Fred and George made hooting and howling sounds. After they had left Harry, Hermione, and Ginny came downstairs.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

"Ron and Luna went on a date." Mrs. Weasley said. Their mouths dropped open. Then, Harry whooped and Ginny and Hermione squealed.

Luna's P.O.V.:

They sat silently in the car. Ron drove along the road leading into the Muggle town nearby. She stared out the window at the country landscape. Ron occasionally looked over at her.

"Are you hungry?" Ron asked.

"Yes." She simply answered.

"All right." When they got into down, about 20 minutes later, Ron pulled into the parking lot of a small restaurant.

Sitting down, waiting for their order, things began to lighten up.

"So..." Ron started. "How are you?"

"Good." Luna replied. "I've never been on a date before."

"Me neither." He said. She smiled at him and he blushed.

"Harry's been on one. But I didn't have time to ask for pointers." Ron admitted.

"Well... I'm a girl. I know some things."

"Like what?"

"Sometimes... people hold hands." She said. Ron went really red.

"Is it cool if I hold your hand?" he asked.

"Sure." She said. She reached her hand out over the table. Like before, Ron slightly hesitated before taking it.

"What else?" He shyly asked.

"Well. They go movies or out dancing. Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance? I'd rather go to the theater." She admitted.

"I don't like dancing either." Ron said. They smiled at each other. Their water was delivered to their table. Ron started the conversation up again.

"Do you like my stupid hair?" He asked. Luna giggled.

"It's not stupid. Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear?"

"Nope." Ron said. Their waitress returned and took their orders. Then she left.

"I'm too scared of what you think." Ron said, turning the conversation serious. "You make me nervous so I really can't eat."

"Don't worry. You can." Luna said.

Ron's P.O.V.:

After dinner, they decided to go to a movie playing at an old downtown theater. As they sat in the dark room, surrounded by few people, Ron turned and stared at Luna. She was just sitting in her seat staring at the blank screen.

"Is something wrong?" She asked him, turning to him.

"Oh no." He said. She smiled at him. He smiled back. They both stared at the screen. Ron began to go off into space, like Luna did sometimes.

`When you smile, I melt inside. I'm not worthy of a minute of your time. I really wish it was only me and you. I'm jealous of everybody in the room. Please don't look at me with those eyes. Please don't hint that you're capable of lies. I dread the thought of our very first kiss. I target that I'm probably gonna miss.' Ron then sighed. The movie started to play previews. As the opening credits began. Luna made her fingers tiptoe on the armrest over to Ron's hand. She tiptoed them onto his hand and curled her fingers in-between his. He turned and looked at her. She looked back and gently squeezed his hand.

As the movie let out, they walked out of the theater into the chilly summer night air.

"All right. We should head back." He said.

"Do we have to?" Luna asked. Ron raised an eyebrow at her.

"What's left to do?" He questioned.

"Is there a park around? Or a field?" Luna asked.

"I think there's a park." Ron said, shrugging.

"Can we go there?" She asked.

"May I ask why?"

"Because." She said. He wasn't going to argue.

"Okay." Ron said. Luna smiled.

"Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over. Let's make this night last forever." She said and ran to the car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First Date by Blink 182

In the car I just can't wait, to pick you up on our very first date Is it cool if I hold your hand? Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear? I'm too scared of what you think You make me nervous so I really can't eat

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over Honest, let's make this night last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever

When you smile, I melt inside I'm not worthy for a minute of your time I really wish it was only me and you I'm jealous of everybody in the room Please don't look at me with those eyes Please don't hint that you're capable of lies I dread the thought of our very first kiss A target that I'm probably gonna miss

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over Honest, let's make this night last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over Honest, let's make, this night last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever Forever and ever, let's make this last forever

Authors Note: This is the cutest chapter yet! Eeeee! Keep the reviews coming so I can keep writing more everyday! Thanx for the reviews so far! Glad you like it.


-->