Unofficial Portkey Archive

Second Best by Lady_Slytherin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Second Best

Lady_Slytherin

Tears formed in Draco's eyes as he walked down the dusty old corridor. He had loved her. He had worshipped her. She had taught him to feel beyond words and reasoning.

"Malfoy's don't cry." He stated out loud *Yeah and they don't fall in love with mudblood's either*

Draco cursed the voice inside his head. All his father had ever taught him and had brought him to believe in had been shattered in that last year with Hermione.

"Hermione" The name brought fresh tears to his eyes.

It had all started with one night of passion. Draco had been mysteriously drawn to her since the first time he had seen her. After that first night he returned to her more and more frequently. He loved her with all his heart and soul and all the time he was with her she was off getting pregnant with Potter.

"Potter" He snarled.

Draco drew his arm back ready to drive it into anything when he heard a soft sobbing from further down the passageway. Draco lowered his arm and walked softly towards the sound.

A bundle of black robes lay at the end. He spotted the mass of red hair on top.

"Ginny" The sobbing just got harder. The ripples of agony pulsating through her body.

Ginny was with Potter at the time Draco was with Hermione. It was all her dreams come true when he asked her out. She was the happiest she had ever been in her whole life with him then but as usual in Ginny's life she was second best. Second best to her only and dearest friend.

"Hermione" She sobbed.

The dull aching in Draco's heart faded but only for a moment. It was replaced with sorrow but not for his tragedy but hers. Her world was falling apart.

*Since when does a Malfoy feel sorry for a Weasley* The voice in Draco's head snarled *The same day a Malfoy falls in love with a mudblood*

Draco sat next to her put his arm around her a pulled her softly. Ginny sobbed into his chest while he sobbed into her hair in return. Both fearing they would never be anything but second best.