Unofficial Portkey Archive

How Do I Live...The Extended Version by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

How Do I Live...The Extended Version

H_HrFan

DISCLAIMER: All JKR's but SO MUCH FUN to borrow occasionally! The song belongs to Dionne Warwick.

A/N: My writing partner for Make Like Strangers needed a pick-me-up story…a little H/Hr fluff. I asked her if she wanted me to write something for her…she said, "sure," and this is the result. The fluff part took just under an hour to complete. The rest…well…that took a little longer. It seemed to me, a perfect time to practice my writing skills for the ongoing saga that is Make Like Strangers.

This is another story that started out with absolutely no direction…it just kind of wrote itself!

I'd love to hear what you think…good or bad! Thanks.

H_HrFan

*****************************************************************************************

How Do I Live…the extended version

"Harry, remind me why we're here," Hermione said grumpily.

"Just relax, Hermione," he replied laughing. "What's wrong with being here anyway?"

"Nothing," she whined. "I just thought you'd have someplace better in mind for our first anniversary, that's all."

"And what, pray tell, is better than celebrating our first anniversary at Hogwarts during the summer?" Harry said, trying with much difficulty to refrain from laughing further.

"Oh, nothing, Harry!" she said facetiously. "Except maybe a cruise to the Bahamas…the City of Lights…Rome... Come on, Harry. There are so many places you could've taken me. Why here?"

"This is where we met."

Hermione looked at him with her best can-the-crap-Harry look. "Harry, you know perfectly well this isn't where we met. We met on the train."

"Well, it's where we got to know each other, then," he said offhandedly. "Whatever, Hermione. What difference does it make so long as we're together?"

Hermione looked at him and gave her trademark half-smile and he could see the acquiescence in her eyes. "All right. You're right," she sighed. "The important thing is that we're together."

Harry beamed. "Come on," he said excitedly. "Let's go for a walk around the lake."

Hermione, still feeling less than pleased about being there, decided to try and make the best of it. "All right," she said, trying hard to sound excited. "Let's take a walk around the lake."

Harry practically skipped in his haste to get to the lake and before they found their way to the well-worn path around it she was caught up in his excitement. When they reached the path Harry ran ahead of her and turned around, his arms spread open as he waited. "Come on, Hermione, hurry up."

Hermione couldn't resist the smile and the way she knew those outstretched arms would feel around her. She dropped her head toward the ground and took a couple more steps before she looked up at him and grinned. She ran into his arms and he spun her around quickly. When he stopped spinning her he grabbed her behind the knees and lifted her up to be carried. She wrapped her arms around him and placed a sweet, soft kiss on his neck before she dropped her head to his shoulder.

Harry walked a ways down the path, and then stopped abruptly. "Close your eyes, Hermione," he said softly.

She raised her head to look at him. "What? Why do I need to close my eyes?"

Harry looked at her pleadingly. "Please, just trust me. Close your eyes."

Hermione laid her head back against his shoulder and closed her eyes. "I always trust you," she whispered next to his ear.

The feel of her hot breath on his ear sent shivers down his spine and his head jerked a little as he felt them course through his body. "Tickles," he said softly by way of explanation.

Hermione kept her eyes closed then kissed his neck again. "I love you," she said softly. "Are we almost there?"

"I love you, too," he replied, "and yes, we're almost there."

"Where're you taking me?"

"Do you really think I'd tell you?" he asked with a chuckle. "Your eyes are closed for a reason, sweetheart. Just hang on a sec."

"Okay," she said with a hint of warning. "But, since I have to hang out here with my eyes closed, that means I get to do this," she kissed his neck, "…and this," she nipped his earlobe, "…and this," she suckled his neck.

"Baby, if you don't stop, I'm going to drop you," he said breathily. "You're sending chills down my arms and just the feel of your breath is making my knees weak. Will you please just lay your head down and keep your eyes closed. I promise you, we're almost there."

"Yes, dear," she whispered as she pulled his earlobe into her mouth once more.

Harry stopped walking and turned his head to look at her. "Lift up your head, but keep your eyes closed," he demanded weakly. Hermione lifted her head, her face towards him, and he quickly captured her lips with his own. Hermione gasped at the sudden contact.

Harry gently released her legs and slowly she slid to the ground, their lips never parting. Her eyes still closed, she released him from the kiss. "Can I open my eyes now?" she asked heavily.

"Hang on," he said softly, taking her by the hand and leading her carefully to his surprise. "Stay right there for a minute," he said as he slowly released her hand. He made sure she was steady before he walked away. Hermione's arms fell to her sides and she stood, quietly, waiting for him to return.

In a matter of seconds the sound of music began to fill the air and Hermione jumped slightly when she felt Harry's hands touch her hips.

How do I, get through one night without you,
If I had to live without you,
What kind of life would that be,
Oh, I, I need you in my arms, need you to hold,
You're my world, my heart, my soul,
If you ever leave,
Baby you would take away everything good in my life,

Hermione's arms wrapped around Harry's neck and his arms tightened around her waist as together they began to sway to the rhythm of the music.

Without you, there'd be no sun in my sky,
There would be no love in my life,
There'd be no world left for me,
And I, baby, I don't know what I would do,
I'd be lost if I lost you,
If you ever leave,
Baby, you would take away everything real in my life.
And tell me now,

Hermione sighed and leaned heavily against him as she listened intently to the words of the song. "I love you, Hermione," Harry whispered gently against her ear.

How do I live without you,
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you,
If you ever go,
How do I ever, ever survive,
How do I, how do I, oh, how do I live.

Hermione pulled herself in tighter and kissed his neck. "I love you, too, Harry," she whispered. "This is beautiful."

If you ever leave, baby you would take away everything,
Need you with me,
Baby 'coz you know that you're everything good in my life,
And tell me now,

"You haven't seen anything yet," Harry replied. "Just a couple more minutes. We're almost there."

How do I live without you,
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you,
If you ever go,
How do I ever, ever survive,
How do I, how do I, oh, how do I live.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

Harry loosened his hold on her and stepped back.

How do I live without you, baby,
How do I live.....

"Open them, love," he said softly.

Hermione slowly opened her eyes and took in the sight before her. "Oh my…" she placed her hands to her mouth and looked at her husband of one year. Tears were shining in her eyes as she looked from him to his surprise and back again.

"Am I forgiven?" he asked softly, as tears formed in his own eyes at the sight of her.

Hermione's hands never left her mouth as she nodded at him vigorously. "Yes," she exclaimed when she finally found her voice, "yes…yes…." She launched herself at him, laughing. "How did you…when did you…"

"Shh," he whispered softly. He pushed her back gently and looked into her tear-streaked eyes. "I had a little help," he admitted. "I wanted to surprise you. You like it?"

Hermione looked back at the sight before her. Harry had taken her to the tree where they used to sit and talk about everything and nothing during their days at Hogwarts. Beside the tree was a plaque which read,

"To my Hermione,

(my always and forever, my greatest love),

This is the place where true love grew,

Higher than the tallest tree,

Deeper than any lake or ocean,

Is my love for you.

Yours forever,

Harry

"Harry, it's…" Hermione stopped. Unable to speak, she turned to him and smiled tenderly. She drew herself into his arms and hugged him tightly. "It's beautiful," she whispered against his chest.

"You're beautiful," Harry whispered. "Thank you."

Hermione pulled back and studied him for a moment. "For what?" she asked him finally.

Harry kissed her. "For being you," he kissed her again, "for loving me," again, "for saying yes," another kiss, "for everything."

"You're welcome," she said smiling. "You make being me so easy. You make loving you so simple. There was never any doubt in my mind about saying yes. Everything…is what you are to me."

Tears sliding down both their faces, Harry kissed her, the salt from their tears mingling with the familiar taste of each other as the kiss deepened.

To the front of the tree was a blanket. On the blanket was a picnic basket, a vase with 10 roses in it; one for every year they'd known each other, and a bottle of the finest champagne.

Harry led her to the blanket and together they sat, breaking their kiss for only a moment. Hermione laid down on her back with Harry stretched out beside her, his body partially covering hers. His hand gently caressed her cheek as through his eyes he conveyed the depth of his love.

She reached her hand up and placed it against his cheek. He turned his face into her palm and kissed it gently as she watched. The love in her eyes shone more brightly than he had ever remembered. "I love you," he whispered softly.

"And I love you," she whispered in return as she pulled him down into another passionate kiss. After a moment she released him and he looked at her questioningly. "So," she said with a cheeky grin, "Hogwarts again next year?"

Harry looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well," he said as though weighing that idea against another, "I had planned to take you on a cruise around the Caribbean, but…" he looked at her and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"…what's better than celebrating our anniversary at Hogwarts during the summer?" she finished for him.

They both began to laugh until Harry captured her lips once again…and all conscious thought dissipated the moment his lips touched hers.

Hermione's hand tangled quickly in Harry's hair as the pressure from the kiss mounted within her and manifested itself in her lower stomach. She raised her hips uncontrollably as she tried desperately to release some of the pleasurable pain it was causing.

Harry's hand, the one that rested beneath her head, began to tangle in the brown locks pressed against it. His other hand glided gently up and down her side and eventually over her breast. Hermione moaned against him and raised her hips once more as his hand grazed across her senstive nipple and the pressure within her increased instantly.

Harry's hand slipped beneath her shirt and gently caressed her soft, smooth skin. His hand trailed up her side until he reached her bra. He slid his fingers under it and pushed it up over the top of her breast, then shifted himself backward to release her other breast. Hermione moaned and squirmed beneath him. Harry released her lips and smiled at her, his eyes were shining with a beautiful blend of love and desire.

"Tickles," she said smiling, stealing his earlier excuse.

"Mm-hmm," Harry moaned teasingly. He lifted himself far enough off of her to raise her shirt above her breasts and Hermione arched her back to help him. He looked into her eyes one more time. "I love you," he whispered, before he lowered his head and drew a nipple into his mouth.

Hermione's sharp intake of breath whistled slightly between her clenched teeth. Her back arched once more and she moaned deeply as his tongue flicked across her nipples, and he sucked and bit at her until they were hard and swollen.

He returned his mouth to hers, his tongue searching for its mate. She opened to him immediately and their tongues circled each other feverishly as though they'd been long-deprived of each other. His thumb brushed across her nipples and she raised her leg against him to once again relieve the mounting tension in her stomach.

With her free hand she reached down and began tugging at his shirt. He pulled his arm from beneath her and sat up as he pulled it roughly over his head. Taking advantage of the time he was up, Hermione pulled hers off and tossed it on the blanket next to his. Harry put his arms around her and in an instant her bra was tossed into the pile. Once more he ravaged her breasts as she writhed and squirmed and moaned beneath him.

Her hands were everywhere but nowhere that she wanted them to be as he held her, trapped, while he continued to ravage her breasts. When she was finally able to partially free one hand, she reached desperately for the button on his pants. "Harry, please," she pleaded breathily.

The sound of her voice surprised him and he rose from her abruptly. Her nipples hardened further as the warmth of his mouth left her and exposed her to the gentle breeze blowing up from the lake. She shivered. "What is it, love," Harry asked gently.

"I need you," she replied just as gently. Quickly her hands sought out the button and released him from his bindings. "Lay down."

Harry laid down on his back and Hermione quickly moved to settle herself between his legs. She grasped both sides of his jeans and gently tugged them over his arse and down his legs, letting her fingernails trail along his skin. She crawled back up and straddled him over his boxers. She leaned over him and gently began to rock back and forth over his erection. Her hardened nipples rubbed against his chest. Harry smiled. "It works better, sweetheart, if you take off your pants," he chuckled, his voice hoarse as he felt the tension within him rise.

Hermione stopped rocking and looked at him incredulously. "I think, Harry," she said in mock condescension, "that I am aware of that by now. Would you just be quiet and let me do my thing?" She leaned forward and kissed him hard before he could say another word. When she felt it safe to do so she sat up and stared down at him with a wicked little grin on her face and one eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Okay," he agreed gruffly. "Wow," he muttered softly to himself on a sigh.

Hermione grinned again then returned to her rocking motion as she suckled and licked his nipples. After a minute she felt Harry's erection twitch beneath her so she moved off him and stood to remove her pants. He watched her as she slowly released the button and slid the zipper down. Her eyes never left his as she gently swayed her hips back and forth and leaned forward seductively as she lowered her pants to the ground. Harry licked his lips and bit against his bottom lip as he watched her. She placed her fingers in the string of her knickers and cast her eyes at his boxers. Harry followed her gaze and quickly removed the offending item before returning his gaze to her.

She twisted the strings around her fingers as she watched him. She knew that at any moment he would come after her if she kept it up. After a few seconds of playing with the strings Harry crawled onto his knees and faced her. He grabbed her hips and pulled her roughly toward him. Hermione put her hands in his hair and threw her head back as he suckled each of her breasts and then kissed his way down her stomach. His hands dropped from her hips to the strings on her panties. He twisted them in his fingers and gently pulled them down as he rained kisses from her belly button to her sensitive clit. He gently drew it into his mouth as his hands continued their descent down her legs. Hermione's grip tightened in his hair as he flicked in and out of her with his tongue.

When her panties were lying on the ground at her feet he reluctantly pulled away from her. He pulled her forward and she stepped out of them shakily. "Come on," he said, gently guiding her to a place on the blanket. "Lay down."

Hermione laid down just as he'd requested and he laid down beside her. Her legs fell open naturally and he reached between them at the same moment he captured her lips. "Oh!" she moaned shakily against him. The moment her mouth opened he sucked her tongue into his. Her hands shot up to his head and she pulled him in tighter, deepening the kiss.

His fingers continued to caress her hot, wet sex and she once again began to writhe and squirm beneath him. "Harry," she moaned against his lips.

In an instant he was on his knees between her legs, poised at her entrance. Her eyelids were heavy with the weight of her desire as she struggled to open them to look at him. She raised her knees and planted her feet firmly on the ground and then lifted her arse until she could feel the tip of him enter her. She moved her hips back and forth against him. Harry's eyes closed as he felt her envelop the tip of his erection. He waited patiently…any second now…he placed his hands behind her back and shifted his knees to better support both of them…

"Now Harry," she cried. "Oh, please, do it now."

With one quick motion Harry entered her to the hilt. He pulled nearly all the way out and then pushed into her again. "Ah!" Hermione cried out as she watched him. His eyes were closed as he continued to thrust in and out of her. He dropped her arse gently back to ground and put his arms around her knees. He leaned forward and pumped against her faster, harder. "Harry!" she cried out, shouting his name, as she neared her moment of release.

He released her legs and lay on top of her, his arse moving up and down at a feverish pace. His lips crashed against hers and immediately their tongues collided. She moaned into his mouth, sending shockwaves coursing through his body. His arse and legs clenched tightly and he was on the verge of exploding. "Let…go...Her…mione." He forced the words out of his mouth as he fought against his own release and tried thrusting in and out of her again.

She placed her hands on his tight arse, arched her back, and wrapped her legs around him, bringing him as deep into her core as she could. She moved her arse up and down, taking over from Harry as he continued to fight against an early release. Hermione bucked against him a few more times and then screamed when her body began to tremble and her orgasm came hard and fast. She loosened her hold on him and he thrust into her a couple more times before he finally, mercifully gave up the fight and came, hard and fast, inside her.

His body shuddered against her as he moaned through his clenched teeth. His entire body was taut as his cock continued its glorious release. Hermione shuddered beneath him as she felt the last waves of her orgasm flow through her.

Harry's arms collapsed at her sides and he fell heavily on top of her. Both lay spent, breathing heavily against each other. After a minute, Hermione wrapped her arms around his head and Harry carefully propped himself up on one elbow to look down at her. "Happy Anniversary," he whispered heavily.

"Happy Anniversary," Hermione replied, pulling him against her, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. "I love you."


-->