Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mini-Ficlets by Excalibur
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mini-Ficlets

Excalibur

SUMMARY: Harry Potter is bored out of his skull and one day, he decides to let his fingers do the walking...
RATING G (if there was a lower rating, this would have it)
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Amynoelle made a comment in one of her reviews for The Ties That Bind (chapter 13). She is quoted here: "Though, to be honest, you could write the HP characters reading the phone book and I'd still read it." Well, Amy, to see if you were telling the truth, I wrote that little story for you in your review reply and I present it to everyone here...
WORD COUNT: 434 Words
TITLE: Harry Potter and the Yellow Pages

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Boot, Susan, 715 Parkwood Drive, London, 433-5733," he said thoughtfully as he randomly flipped to another page. He laughed slightly as his fingers skimmed down the page and landed on a familiar name. "Weasley, R & L , 1313 Mockingbird lane, Ottery St. Catchpole 243-5936."

"Are you reading through the phonebook again, Harry?" Hermione snorted in laughter as she walked into their kitchen.

Harry looked up with a smile and shrugged. "I got bored again," he explained simply as he flipped to another page in the book. His eyes went wide and he looked excitedly at Hermione. "Even Remus is listed! Listen to this: Lupin, R.J., 30 Luna Lane, SOHO, London, 937-3953!"

"That's great, Harry," Hermione said with a roll of her eyes. "Why don't you help me in the garden? That should free you of your boredom..."

"But it's great looking up the names of our friends!" Harry protested with a laugh. "Come on, Love, you know you want to look up Ginny and Neville's number..."

Hermione hid a grin at Harry's obviously simple pleasure. It wasn't until recently that he'd finally been able to sleep soundly at night and his little, amusing quirks warmed her heart. With a sigh of defeat, though happy to see his glittering eyes and wide smile, Hermione sat next to him as they flipped back a few pages.

"Here they are! Longbottom, N & G, 5 Herbery court, Ceddar, 975-9475..." Harry said with glee.

Hermione couldn't help but laugh as she flipped the pages forward and stopped at a well worn page. "Potter, H, H & K, 8 Covert Cove, Godric's Hollow, Wales, 765-6743" she said, punctuated with a tender kiss to her husband's cheek.

Harry smiled lovingly in return when the cry of an uncomfortable baby broke the palpable silence. "It's my turn to change her," Harry said with a quick smile. "I won't be long..."

Hermione laughed to herself as Harry raced from the room and just a few minutes after he disappeared, she was greeted with silence once again. "What does he do to quiet her so quickly?" she asked aloud and this time snuck to the nursery. She nearly fell to the floor in hysterics when she heard what Harry was saying.

"You know, you'll have a line in there one day... I can see it now: Potter, Keira Marie, 100 Cutie Pie Avenue, Daddy's Little Girl, London, 288-3743!" As soon as he finished speaking, their cute-as-a-button daughter giggled happily and clapped her hands.

"You quiet her down by quoting phonebook entries?" Hermione asked in a loving laugh. "Why doesn't that surprise me?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope everyone enjoyed this teensy, tiny, bit of H/Hr fluff, and please feel free to laugh at the story (or groan or whatever... :)