Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the bearer of the Ring by Mudbloodcaz
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the bearer of the Ring

Mudbloodcaz

Firstly: Harry Potter and Co don't belong to me never will they belong to J.K.R, neither do the fellowship or the lord of the rings world, they belong to J.R.R. Tolkien, I'm just mixing the two worlds together no harm in that is there.

A/N: I don't know how this fic came to be, it just popped into my head one day while watching the DVD of Fellowship and after I read the three books I knew I had to write a Harry Potter crossover, so enjoy.

Plus this may seem to be a Hermione/Legolas fic but believe me its going to be a Harry and Hermione fic, trust me.

Harry Potter and the Bearer of the Ring

The Arithmancy professor had just waved her wand at the large pile of parchments in front of her when there was a knock on her office door. "Come in," she said, moving the pile to a clear space on her desk.

The door opened and Harry Potter, the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, stepped into the room. "I was just wondering if I could request your presence in the Great Hall as lunch is about to start," Harry said, stepping up to Hermione's desk.

"Just one second. I've still got to mark some students' homework," Hermione said, lifting up her wand.

Harry stopped her. "No, Hermione, it's lunch time. Besides, we've got to meet someone." He took the wand from her hand and placed it on her desk.

Hermione, knowing that she couldn't win this fight, stood up and smoothed out her long, deep purple robes. Harry smiled. It still surprised Hermione to see Harry without his glasses. During their last year at Hogwart's, he had performed a spell on himself that gave him perfect eyesight.

Although they were initially unsure of what careers they were going to pursue upon leaving Hogwart's, they quickly found that their choices were made for them by the return of Voldemort in their final year.

Several of Hogwart's staff and students, including Professor McGonagall, had been brutally murdered at the hands of Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Hermione could still see the horror on McGonagall's face every time she closed her eyes. Professor McGonagall had died protecting her and Harry from Voldemort. After she had fallen, Voldemort had simply stepped over her body. Harry had yelled at Hermione to run, but she found that she was frozen to the spot in fear. At that precise moment, as Harry moved in front of her to protect her from the spell Voldemort was casting, the Dementors appeared and Voldemort had fallen under a mass of them. The sound of them administering the Kiss still haunted her dreams.

"Earth to Hermione," Harry said while waving his hand in front of her face, bringing her back to the present.

"Sorry, Harry. I guess I spaced out there."

"Maybe that's because you hold two teaching jobs at the same time," Harry murmured as they left her office and headed for the great hall.

"Dumbledore gave me permission to use the time turner and I don't mind being the Arithmancy teacher and Transfiguration teacher," replied Hermione. Saying nothing, Harry just rolled his eyes.
Soon they made their way to the Great Hall and took their places at the Teachers' table, where they found their best friend, Ron, was sitting.

"Hello Ron. Visiting the school again?" Harry asked, taking the seat on Ron's left.

"Yeah. I thought I'd see what you guys have been up to," he replied, between mouthfuls of food. Ron hadn't changed much over the 15 years Harry had known him. He was still the joker of the small group. He now lived in Hogsmeade and worked in his brothers' joke shop, Weasley Bros. Tricks & Treats Shoppe

"So what are you doing?" Ron asked, as they made their way out of the Great Hall after lunch.

"I've got a class in a couple of minutes," Harry said.

"Me too," Hermione agreed, taking the time turner from around her neck.

Ron made a face. "One of theses days that thing is going to turn on you and you're going to end up in the Dark Ages."

"I'm always careful with this." She had no sooner spoken the words, when, without warning, she tripped and fell against Harry, who then bumped into Ron, who fell backwards. Ron grabbed on to Harry, trying to keep from falling, but they all ended up in a pile on the floor. The time turner flew from Hermione's hand and shot up into the air. Hermione watched it turning end-over-end, as if in slow motion, in the air as it headed back down towards her.

"Don't touch it Hermione! We don't know where we'll end up!" Harry shouted, trying to stand up. Ron, also trying to get up, accidentally pulled Harry back down to the floor. But he was too late, because Hermione had already reached out her hand and the chain of the time turner wrapped around her wrist. The corridor outside the Great Hall disappeared and Hermione felt the strange sensation of falling backwards……….

"I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though I do not know the way," Frodo said in a small voice, stepping forward.

"I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins…as long as it's yours to bear," Gandalf said as he moved to stand next to Frodo. He placed his hand on the hobbit's shoulder.

"If, by my life or death, I can protect you, I will," Aragorn added, getting up from his seat. He walked over to Frodo and kneeled in front of him. "You have my sword."

"And you have my bow," Legolas said, as he, too, moves to stand next to Frodo.

"And my axe!" said, Gimli, the dwarf. He took a stand next to Legolas.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A sudden crash of thunder rolls across the sky and the members of the council look up as three people drop from the sky. The three strangers land on the table holding the ring. In shock, everyone stares at the three as they detangle themselves from each other. Legolas readies his bow and points it at them.

"Ouch!!! Get off me you big lump! You've broken my wand!" shouts a man's voice. Then, one of the three strangers looks up. Legolas sees that it's a young woman, around the age of 26 with long brown curly hair and soft brown eyes, which look at him in fright. She stands up from the table and hits one of the others.

"Guys shut up. I don't think we're at Hogwart's anymore."

Meanwhile, Harry, who has detangled himself from Ron, is standing holding something in the palm of his hand. It is a plain gold ring that he can feel that it holds some power.

"Spies of Saruman!" shouts the tall blonde-haired man pointing his bow at them, but Harry doesn't hear him. The ring seems to be whispering something to him and the ring itself has started to glow.

"Drop it," a stern voice commands, dragging Harry's attention away from the ring. He looks up to find an old man, with long, white hair and a grey beard, standing in front of him. "That ring is no business of yours. Place it back on the table."