Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Year of Secrets, Lies, and Betrayal

lillyfan16

Chapter Five: Plans..

"They're talking about how much money you will get by marrying me," replied James.

Lily laughed and watched as James smiled at her. "Anything else?" asked Lily hopefully.

"Well, my parents had an arranged marriage, so they are probably trying to convince your parents it's the perfect thing to do."

"Your parents had an arranged marriage?" asked Lily and James nodded in reply. "But they seem so in love."

"They are," replied James. James and Lily looked at each other and both blushed.

"So, what else do you think they are talking about?" asked Lily.

"Umm.. well I don't think you want to know all the agreements to the contract," said James simply.

"Why what's on it?" asked Lily as she repeated herself.

"Things like I have to have money for you, and you have to have like...."

"Do you have a copy of the contract?" asked Lily hopefully. James smiled mischievously and pulled something thick out of his pocket. "Did you read it yet?" asked Lily.

"A little, but I didn't get to the part on who I was marrying, or more like I didn't look. I assumed it would be someone on the Black line," said James truthfully, "I just snatched it from the kitchen counter before I came here," said James.

"Why did you think it would be someone on the Black line?" asked Lily.

"Because they are the most pureblooded of any bloodline left," replied James.

"But they are... well... Slytherins," said Lily. "Wouldn't your parents want a Gryffindor."

"Yes, well... The Weasley were out of the question so there really weren't many choices left."

"So you really didn't know who you would be marrying," said Lily. James nodded his hand and Lily looked over at the parchments in his hands.

Contract of Marriage Between

James Albert Albus Potter

&

Lily Rose Faith Evans

Contract Of Marriage

Agreements

The Groom:

Will honor his wife forever and always

Will be married by the time he is 19

Will be truthful at all times

Will learn upon her ways

Will teach her his ways

Will respect her rights

Will protect her with his life

Will provide for her in anyway

Food

Money

Basic Necessities

Will love and hold her always

I, Albert Potter, and I, Emily Potter, hereby give my son, James Albert Albus Potter, the honor upon marrying Lily Rose Faith Evans. I understand the marriage must happen within the next year and I understand that no changes can be made to the contract after I have signed.

Albert Potter , Father of Groom Emily Potter, Mother of Groom

"Well, yours aren't that bad," said Lily hopefully as she turned the page.

"Yours are worse," said James. Lily gave James a scared look and than began to read.

Contract Of Marriage

Agreements

The Bride:

· Will honor her husband forever and always

· Will be married by the time she is 19

· Will be truthful at all times

· Will learn upon his ways

· Will teach him her ways

· Will bear two or three children, and/or one son

· Will love and hold him always

I, Nigel Evans, and I, Rose Evans, hereby give my daughter, Lily Rose Faith Evans , the honor upon marrying James Albert Albus Potter. I understand the marriage must happen within the next year and I understand that no changes can be made to the contract after I have signed.

Nigel Evans, Father of Bride Rose Evans, Mother of Bride

"Oh," said Lily quietly.

"I'm sorry," said James as he wrapped his arm loosely around Lily's neck.

"M-My par... It's like they don't even care! It's sick!" said Lily as she dropped the paper on the floor. She leaned into James and slowly began to cry. "Why me?"

"Because, Lily your perfect," said James as he rubbed her back slowly. James realized for the first time how hard it would be for Lily to tell her friends, that she was picked to bear the son of the James Potter because he was the Heir of Gryffindor. At once anger rose inside of him and he turned Lily's head up to face his. There faces were inches apart and both were serious as lawyers. Lily's eyes were clustered with tears. Their lives were both so unfair. But in different ways.

They were both needed to continue the Gryffindor line, how little Lily knew about James was horrible. James had finally given up his crush on Lily, he had been ready to move on, away from her. But both of their lives would no longer be easy, it was time to unite two forces together to defeat evil... Of course... they must get along... or else He-Who-Must-NOT-Be-Named... would defeat them once, and for all...

"Lily-Lily listen," said James. "I have an idea."