Unofficial Portkey Archive

Thoughts Before You by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Thoughts Before You

theweirdgirl

So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?

You always told me that you loved me. You always said that you'd never hurt me intentionally. I believed you. You know why? Because you were my best friend. Best friends don't get treated the way you treat me. Best friends aren't supposed to be stepped on like they're nothing but the dirt on the ground. Best friends aren't supposed to be shunned to the side like they're dispensable. I'm not.

I've been with you through thick and thin. We've survived the bad times and laughed through the good. What changed? Of course. Her. I understood you choosing Ron as your closest mate, your confidante. But how could you not notice the depth on my affection for you, Harry? Are you that oblivious? Or are you just that cold hearted?

You probably don't mean to leave me hanging, but guess what? You've completely forgotten the string and just let it drop. You have no idea how much it hurts to be broken by you.

I know I'm not much. Just a bookworm with too much to say. But I can still feel. I can feel that you might be just a little in love with her. I can feel that you don't know me anymore. I can feel that you don't need me anymore. You have Ron there and then you have Cho Chang. What use am I now?

You never have time for me anymore. We used to always go to Hogsmeade during the weekends and we'd have fun, just the two of us. Ron was always at Hogwarts, having yet another detention for blowing something up in Snape's dungeon. We used to have all these inside jokes that were just between us. Now she knows them as well.

I don't hate you for this, you know. I'm just a bit disappointed. You've never noticed the betrayal in my eyes when you hold Cho just a little closer when I walk by. Or when you kiss her in front of me. Or when you say `I love you' and mean it. I never was much for jealousy, but this stings like a cut.

I hope I'll get over it. I hope I'll get over you. Yet I know I never will.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I love you, Harry James Potter.


-->