Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hot Gimmick by MeiQueen
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hot Gimmick

MeiQueen

-

Hot Gimmick

Mei Queen

-

Authoress' Note: Pioneer sex scene. It's not smutty, though. I wanted it to be tasteful, so hopefully it came out that way. But don't say I didn't warn you about that scene's existence, okay? And I hope you like this chapter…please review and let me know what you thought, it was slightly more mushy than most. Hope they didn't come out too OoC.

-

Disclaimer: Duh. Not mine, people.

-

Chapter 9: The Manor

-

Ginny Weasley yawned, grudgingly hoisting herself up from her spot in the comfortable bed. The satin sheets felt so nice and cool against her skin that she was reluctant to leave the bed and face the world. Where am I, again? Mmm…Draco's house, right. Must be bloody nice to sleep in a bed like this one all the time…I'd never have insomnia again. Hmm…where is he, anyway?

Stretching her arms high in the air, she blearily opened her eyes, scanning the familiar room. It seemed Draco was already awake, as the couch he had fallen asleep on last night was deserted. Shrugging, she stumbled out of the bed, picked up a change of clothes and headed out on the extremely formidable quest of finding a loo in the expansive mansion.

-

Draco Malfoy was beyond livid. He knew that Ginny was a little bit nervous about losing her virginity and all, but he had still expected that the weekend would be "busy". And what had happened on their first night in the Manor? Oh, that's right, he'd fallen asleep. It wasn't the fact that he had fallen asleep that really angered Draco, since naturally this situation was not his fault; it was the fact that she hadn't had the common sense to wake him up. Folding his arms crossly over his chest, he thunderously opened the door to the kitchens. I mean, honestly. Merlin, it's such a hard choice. Sleep or sex with a beautiful redhead I've been trying to seduce for about half the ruddy school year…hmm…you know, it's just so bloody difficult. I really wonder what I would choose. That stupid ditz gives me a headache.

He sighed, allowing the house-elves to offer him some breakfast choices. Mutely nodding, he decided on the fillings for some omelettes to take up to his bedroom. Even though he hadn't gotten any action last night, there was nothing saying he wouldn't get any this morning if he rubbed her the right way, so Draco was making sure all the cards were in his favour. He was going to carry up breakfast himself, be kind and thoughtful, and hopefully she wouldn't annoy him too much.

-

Walking up to his room with the tray (it was altogether an earth-shaking weekend for the Malfoy house-elves. This was the second time someone in the household had insisted upon carrying something for him or herself. The poor creatures were about to start going through convulsions), the young Malfoy took a few moments to collect his thoughts outside his door. Be sweet, sickeningly so. Pretend you're not angry about last night. Merlin knows if she thinks it's her fault she'll probably refuse to speak to you for the rest of the weekend, and that definitely cuts any possible physical interaction out of the deal. Gods, I sound like such an arse right now, just wanting sex…I care about her, but we really have been together for a long time. Isn't it about time for something big to happen? Don't I…deserve this by now?

Draco sighed and, applying a fake smile to his features, turned the doorknob.

-

Meanwhile, Ginny Weasley was somewhere in the west wing of the manor. Not that that meant a bloody bit of difference to the petite redhead, as she hadn't the slightest clue where the west wing was in relation to …well…anything. She had opened close to thirty doors by now, but she just could not remember for the life of her where Draco said that the loo was. Pausing thoughtfully, she noticed some light filtering through a door down the hallway. Ooh. What's that? I really shouldn't go in, that's basically invasion of privacy. But…it does look pretty interesting. And the loo technically could be in there. Aw, who am I kidding? I'm totally going to see what's in there.

Smiling eagerly and tiptoeing down the rest of the corridor, Ginny gently applied pressure to the middle of the door. Creaking slightly, it quickly gave way, and Ginny was met with one of the rooms she had heard so much about, even in a few of her History of Magic texts (when she deigned to actually read them): the Malfoy Library. This room was one of the most extensive collections of text, especially those concerning the Dark Arts, in all of Britain. Ginny stepped quietly into the room, shutting the door softly behind her. She immediately felt like an intruder in the silence. It's like a ruddy mausoleum in here, she couldn't help thinking, running her hands over her arms to soothe the goose bumps that were rapidly arriving. Scanning the titles, Ginny Weasley quickly realised why this was one of the largest collections of Dart Arts books in England…the proportion of dark to regular magical text was about 5:1. Gasping with recognition, Ginny was unpleasantly reminded of something.

In Hogwarts, it really wasn't such a problem, a Weasley dating a Malfoy. Sure, it was scorned, and it was undisputedly odd. But there were no lives on the line, were there? But this…this library full to the brim with recipes for evil…this was real. Ginny really was dating someone who had been taught how to read on these types of books. Draco had probably even read most of these. Their families were both pureblooded, sure, but there was a definite difference in their loyalties, in the types of magic that they used. When Draco Malfoy graduated next June…what then? Where would his loyalties lie?

The war was not over. Draco was definitely unlike his father Lucius, the sworn ally of Voldemort. But, the redhead wondered with an involuntarily shudder, feet creeping slowly back towards the door to the library…would his hatred for his father be enough? Would his feelings for Ginny, whatever they were, be enough?

How was Draco Malfoy going to act when the walls of Hogwarts were no longer caging him…and did Ginny Weasley really want to know?

-

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief twenty minutes later as she saw the door to Draco's bedroom. She had found her way to the loo after having a major brainwave: the house-elves. After summoning one, she was quickly and efficiently guided to the bathroom, making her feel like quite the arse for wandering around mindlessly for half an hour. Turning the knob, she was met with one irate blonde.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

If I only had a Galleon for every time he's asked me a variation of that question, the redhead thought dryly, easing herself in to the room. "Finding the loo," she managed quietly.

"For fifty minutes?" Draco was incredulous. He knew the house was big, but how dim was the woman?

"Um…I guess."

Draco sighed. He obviously wasn't going to be getting any more out of her this way; she'd probably just get more irritated if he pressed the issue. Relenting grudgingly, he waved his hand toward the tray of breakfast food sitting untouched on his bed. "It's probably cold since you took so long," he muttered irritably.

Ginny shrugged. "Can't we just use magic?"

He shook his head. "Underage wizardry laws apply even here, Red."

She snorted, walking over to sit next to him on the bed. "I thought the rules never applied to you."

Draco allowed her a small smile. "Usually, they don't. But life is cruel sometimes, and we Malfoys are treated like commoners," he finished dramatically.

"Oh, how horrible your life must be, Mr. Malfoy. That bed alone…so rough, I could barely sleep."

His eyebrows quirked upward in surprise while his hands were busy with cutting off a piece of omelette. "Really?"

"No, you dolt, I was kidding. You have really nice sheets, by the way."

Draco smiled roguishly. "I told you you'd be enjoying my sheets this weekend." Trailing off slightly, he couldn't help muttering darkly, "…even if I didn't get to."

Ginny's features hardened immediately. "What is that supposed to mean? You're the one that fell asleep."

He could feel his temper rising now. Grey eyes blazing, he slammed his fist in to the comforter, upturning the food tray and sending the eggs flying. "Why didn't you wake me?"

She examined her nails. Ginny refused to allow Draco to intimidate her. It was a tactic she had perfected early on in to their relationship. The more power Draco Malfoy thought that he had, the more he would try to demand, so Ginny Weasley simply did not acknowledge his temper tantrums. "I didn't know you wanted to be woken. I'm not a bloody Seer, Draco."

"You should be, you wouldn't be failing Divination if you were," he muttered darkly.

What the fuck is his problem? Now he has an issue with my grades? I obviously can't do anything right with him, now, can I? How was I even supposed to know he wanted to be woken up, for the love of all that is holy? Ginny felt like steam should be coming out her ears, she was so angry. Throwing the fork down on the duvet, she stormed out of Draco's bedroom, making sure to slam the door on her way out.

-

Draco Malfoy flopped back on to his covers, sighing. Well, that went fabulously, didn't it? I'm such a prat. I need to go apologise to her, but I really don't want to. Eh. I'll just let her cool off for a few minutes…my bed really is comfortable, isn't it? Hmm…

And for the second time that weekend, Draco fell asleep at a completely inopportune moment.

­-

Ginny sunk further into the cushions of the Malfoy living room couch. She had never so desperately wanted to leave a place in her life. Ginny and Draco rarely fought, but they made sure to make their few rows really count, she thought bitterly. And now she was stranded in this mammoth house for another day and a half, even though they weren't even on speaking terms. Fantastic.

The redhead had already raided the kitchen because she hadn't gotten more than one bite of her omelette before Draco's anger had sent the eggs flying across the room. When she went down to the kitchen, the house-elves definitely made sure she got some fantastic food. Ginny patted her stomach affectionately, thinking of what she had eaten that morning. Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream…mmm…these Malfoy house-elves are something else. They might even be better cooks than my mum, though I'd never tell her. It's sad that such talent is wasted on people like Draco's parents…those poor creatures probably never get complimented at all here. Scratch that, they definitely don't get complimented at all here.

Grudgingly letting out a breath she'd been holding, she concentrated on the crackling fireplace. I really care about Draco. This fight is stupid. But I can't help being angry…it wasn't my fault. And moreover, this house has really upset me…it's making our relationship seem so unrealistic in the real world. I feel so depressed about next June. I'm not saying we'll stay together until then anyway, but what if we do? What if when June comes, King's Cross is the last time that I see him? Maybe he'll realise that he's a Malfoy and he can't just give up thousands of years of dark ancestry for a girlfriend. Well…if I'm even really his girlfriend right now. We never really ironed out that detail. But, anyway, what will I do? Because, as much of an egotistical little arse as he is, I think…I might…love him? Oh, dear Merlin. I am so screwed.

-

It was a few hours before Ginny Weasley, with the aide of an obliging house-elf, found her way back to Draco's bedroom. He was still sprawled across the duvet, sound asleep. Nodding in thanks to the creature and stepping gingerly in the room, she shut the door softly behind her. The click was hushed, but it was enough to startle Draco awake.

"Sorry," she muttered quietly, eyes trained on the carpet.

"S'okay," he replied in the same dulcet tone, beckoning her over to the bed.

Ginny walked over, but remained standing. Eyes focused on her twiddling thumbs, she managed, "I'm sorry about earlier. I don't want to fight."

Ginny Weasley knew as well as anyone that the fight earlier had not been her fault, but she also knew Draco, perhaps better than anyone else in the world. She knew that there was no way Draco Malfoy would apologise first.

Draco had the good grace to look guilty. "You're right, I'm…I'm sorry, too. You know that I'm crap at being sensitive or apologising…so know that this should really mean something. Ginny, it wasn't your fault that I fell asleep. I had no right to overreact."

Genuinely smiling, Ginny sat on the bed across from him. "It's okay," she whispered. Quickly closing the distance between them, her fingers tangled up in his hair as she crawled on top of him for a passionate snog.

Draco smiled roguishly beneath her lips. In between kisses, he managed, "The make-up sex is supposed to be the best, you know…"

-

Ginny Weasley panted softly, her hands tangled aimlessly in her scarlet locks.

She was naked. She had been for…twenty minutes, now? Was that how long it had been since Draco had removed her knickers? Was that really how long the boy and his rather talented tongue had been down there? Mmm…yes…and he can stay down there for all I care. This is lovely, Ginny thought contentedly. The redhead was enjoying herself, indeed.

This was not the first time Draco had done this for her. He wanted to much more often than he was allowed, Ginny had only allowed him to go down to her nether regions twice before. It was enjoyable enough; indeed, it was so enjoyable that Ginny often wondered why she didn't allow him to more often. She supposed it might be that she was afraid of what she might let Draco do if she lost control. Ginny Weasley was terrified of what she would let herself do if she lost control.

But, tonight, she didn't care.

Ginny was lost in the moment, in the pleasure. She found with surprise that she actually wanted to. Ginny Weasley wanted to lose her virginity to Draco Malfoy. Now.

"Draco…please," she whispered quietly. It was hushed, but Draco heard it.

"What, Red?" Draco couldn't believe his ears. Was she really voluntarily asking him to do what he had always dreamed of doing, what he had created this whole ruddy deal for in the first place? Please let her be asking what I think she's asking.

"I want you…" was the closest to eloquence Ginny Weasley was coming at the moment.

"You want me to do what?" he prompted eagerly, crawling up the bed to be closer to her. He wanted to hear her say it. Oh, how he wanted to hear her say it…

Ginny let out a shaky breath. Gathering her nerve, she managed, "I want you to be my first."

Draco smiled. He had never been quite as excited in all his life, but he did his best to contain it as he asked, "Now?"

The redhead took another deep breath. She was nervous. Ginny had heard horror stories from some of her dorm-mates, the first time was supposed to be "horribly painful" but after the first time, it was supposed to be "worth the wait". At least, that's what Olivia Larson had been emphatically chirping last week. But was Olivia, right? There's only one way to find out how painful it is, she thought grimly, coming to a decision. There's nobody else I'd want to do this with. Draco is the only bloke I might actually love…I don't want to pass this chance up.

Mutely, Ginny Weasley nodded her assent.

Draco was extremely touched, though his features didn't show it. It struck him as odd, how crudely their relationship had begun. Don't get him wrong, he had deflowered quite a few virgins in his day…but he knew instinctively that his time right now with Ginny, this was going to be different. Every time he would feel romantic or randy in any way from now on, he knew it would be her face that would pop up. It would be this moment. This has to be perfect.

Gently placing kisses on any body part available, Draco trailed his way back down her body.

Positioning himself at her entrance, he met her eyes. "Are you sure? I don't want you to ever regret this, Red."

Her right cheek felt warm…wet. A tear, she realised silently. He's being so amazing about this. I never could have imagined that the former ferret would have this kind of caring inside that shell…

Caressing her cheek as he wiped the tear, he continued his gaze, obviously concerned.

"I'm sure. Try not to hurt me too much." Ginny finished with a grin.

Draco returned the smile, and taking a deep breath, began to inch in to her warm sheath. Slowly…slowly…he mentally coached himself. It was so hard to not lose control and shag her senseless, and Draco had to use every ounce of self-control. Almost…almost…in.

He let out a nervous breath of relief when he was buried to the hilt. There had been no screams of agony or anything, so he took that as a good sign. Looking down at his partner, he noticed an intense facial expression of concentration.

"Are you okay?"

Ginny Weasley steadily let out the breath she'd been holding, and noted that her lip was in pain. I must have been biting it while he was going in. Ow. But, all in all, it wasn't as bad as Olivia made it out to be. It felt like a prick of pain…not too bad, really, especially in comparison with the physical pain I've sustained over the years with all of my brothers.

"I'm actually okay," she whispered, surprising even her. "Just take it easy, all right?"

With a nod of assent, Draco began moving inside her…very slowly.

-

"That was awesome," Ginny whispered, crawling under the duvet in exhaustion. She couldn't believe it. Why had she waited? Why had she been so scared? This was great…it was fun.

Draco scooted closer to her under the covers, gently wrapping his arms around her and playing with her hair. "Yes, it was."

Ginny turned so that their noses were practically touching. She hadn't wanted to bring it up, but their time at the mansion had forced her to think about something she really didn't want to. "Draco…what's going to happen with us?"

His eyebrows knit in confusion. "What do you mean, Red?"

"I mean…when school's over, for example. When you'll have your pick out of all the witches in the world. I don't mean to sound insecure by this, but given how we got together in the first place…I just need to know what I mean to you. I need to know what's holding us together, whether it's the fact that we both go to Hogwarts and you think I'm cute, this deal, or whether, given my personality, you'd care about me no matter what the situation brought."

Draco could feel his eyes widening in surprise. He briefly amusingly wondered if she was always so deep after a shag, because, if so, he was unlikely to get much sleep afterwards. I'll spend the rest of my nights pondering the meaning of life instead, he thought wryly. Shaking off his thoughts, he concentrated on the question she was posing. "What do you want to be to me?"

Her cheeks reddened.

He allowed himself a small smile, prodding her gently. "What is it? What do you want to be to me, Ginny?"

Looking down at her hands in the characteristic motion that always showed that she was nervous, she looked back up and met his eyes. "I want to know…if we're…dating, or if we're still in that 'deal' of yours."

His eyes hardened. "That deal was a dumb idea. It was the only way I could think of to get in to your pants, and it was childish. Now that I've gotten to know you, I find that the deal doesn't matter. I don't want to have to blackmail you for you to pay attention to me. I don't want to make you care about me, Ginny. But just know that I care about you. A lot."

Ginny smiled. She could feel her eyes beginning to water slightly. "Really? So the deal doesn't matter anymore?"

He chuckled. Smiling wryly, he leaned in closer and whispered, "Master Malfoy officially releases you from your servitude."

Grinning, she poked him in the chest. "Can I get that on paper?"

They both began to chuckle. When Ginny's giggles died down, she turned on to her back, staring at the ceiling thoughtfully. "This situation is pretty weird, isn't it? You make a deal with me to have sex, but when we finally do, we cancel the deal…and…you're still here."

Draco looked mildly offended. "Did you want me to leave? Because there is that slight snag that it is my house."

She waved off his irritation, showing quite plainly that that was not the point. "It's not that I'm angry that you're still here, it's…you don't have to be, but you've stuck with me. I guess it proves to me that you do care."

"I just told you that I do," Draco replied, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I know, but it's different hearing it and seeing it in real life," she replied, trailing off slightly and turning to curl in to Draco's embrace.

"I know," he whispered, kissing her lightly on top of her head. "So. One last thing before we go to sleep, okay?"

Blearily opening her eyes and turning to him again, she yawned. "What?"

"Ginny, I know we're not 'official', and since you're a commitment type, I know that that bothers you."

She nodded, but her eyes seemed much more awake. Where is he going with this?

Draco let out a deep breath. "Do you know why I haven't asked?"

Ginny shrugged. "I just figured you didn't fancy me enough."

"It's not that at all, Red," he muttered. "It's that…well, I'm not good at commitment. I'm not sensitive. I'll cuss at you sometimes. I'll forget your birthday. I'll forget our anniversary, and I probably won't even apologise. I might even be rude to your family, just because that's how I was raised. I wasn't raised to talk to Mud- sorry, Muggle-borns like Granger respectfully. I wasn't even raised to be nice. And you…you, Ginny Weasley, are all those things."

She cocked her head to the side, motioning for him to continue.

"I guess…I just don't want you to think I'm something I'm not. Commitment's kinda new to me, and I'll probably be a crap boyfriend, but you'd be the only one I'd even try it for."

Ginny smiled. "Well…do you want to try it?"

"Do you?" Draco countered, stalling for time. Hadn't he shared enough about himself, already? Honestly!

The redhead grinned in response. "It wouldn't be too bad, I don't think."

He squeezed his arms around her tighter. "Oh. Not too bad. So you think you could stand it, then?"

Ginny giggled. "It will be pretty unbearable, but I think I can handle it."

"I'm holding you to that," Draco countered with a chuckle, resting his head on top of hers. Draco Malfoy was not the romantic type. Draco didn't believe in love at first sight, walks on the beach, anything sweet or overly sappy. It just wasn't realistic. His parents had never exactly given him a healthy example of love at work, either. Actually, Draco had doubted the existence of real love until he had met Ginny Weasley. But, it was there, lying under the covers with his new girlfriend, that Draco Malfoy really realised something: he was truly different from his parents, and not just because of his ambivalence to You-Know-Who. He was different because he had the ability to really care, even if he had never wanted to exercise that gift until now.

--

Authoress' Note: Kinda long. Kinda random. Kinda almost over -tear-. Kinda…um…okay, I'm done. Please review!

-