Unofficial Portkey Archive

Heavy June Nights by Gaya Hriive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Heavy June Nights

Gaya Hriive

"Hermione would you open the door already? My fist is getting tired!"

Hermione opened her eyes, smiling to see Harry asleep beside her. They made love three times in the course of the night, finally falling asleep at half past four. The fluorescent alarm clock showed that it was now ten minutes to eight. Hermione suddenly realized that someone was banging rather loudly on her front door and screaming her name. Like Harry was last night. God who knew he was so good in bed. He has definitely improved since our first time together. I could definitely get used to sex like that. Hermione smiled to herself as she threw on Harry's tee shirt, which hung to just above her knees. She walked casually to the front door and opened it to a pretty young woman of about twenty-three. The woman had dark red hair and vibrant brown eyes and was dressed in a jogging suit. She smiled at the scantily clad Hermione.

"Bout damn time Mione. I thought you were dead in there!" Her accent was laced with that southern drawl but it wasn't to the point of being obnoxious or annoying. She looked Hermione over once more. "D'yah forget we were goin runnin this mornin?"

Hermione opened her mouth to speak but Harry appeared behind her rubbing sleep from his eyes. He was wearing only boxers, as Hermione was in his shirt. The woman gawked at Harry and pushed her way inside the apartment. She stuck out her hand and Harry took it somewhat apprehensively.

"Name's Lynda Edgeworth but I go by Lynn. I would ask if you are a friend of ole Mione's here, but I think that would be a tad presumptuous of me." Lynn released Harry's hand and smiled warmly at him. Her accent tickled him as he had never met a southerner before. She had an air of old charm about her but it was also quite obvious that her sense of humor bordered on the sarcastic side. Harry decided immediately that he liked her. He returned her smile and introduced himself.

"I'm Harry and I guess you could say that I am a friend of Hermione's; a very old friend." Hermione grinned at him from behind Lynn.

"Well Harry, you gotta last name?"

Harry hesitated for a moment.

"Er, Potter. Harry Potter." Lynn's eyes went wide as saucers and she turned to face Hermione.

"Is he serious? If he's Harry Potter then I'm the King of the Australian Outback!" A hint of nervousness crept into her short laugh.

Hermione nodded and Harry lifted his messy bangs to reveal his scar. Lynn gasped and turned beet red.

"Well I'll be…Hermione you never told me you were friends with THE Harry Potter!"

Hermione blushed a little and Harry cast his gaze to the floor. Hermione cleared her throat rather nervously.

"Well Lynn, it's a dreadfully long and complicated story. I'll tell you sometime, just not today. Sorry I can't run this morning, but Harry and I really do have some catching up to do. I'll give you a call later in the week and we can meet for lunch or something. How's that?"

Hermione glanced from her friend to the door before Lynn finally got the hint. She smiled widely.

"Right well, I know where I'm not wanted and this is apparently that time and place. But you better call me. We can hit up Bazens one day this week." Lynn looked at Harry and he noticed she was looking at him with a slight intensity. "Well it was right fine meeting you Harry. I'm sure we'll meet again soon!" She winked and closed the apartment door behind her. Hermione leaned against the closed door and stared at Harry.

"Before you say anything, she's a great lady. She lives three doors down and was my first friend here. Yes, she is a little overzealous but you get used to it."

Harry laughed and gathered Hermione into a tight hug.

"I like her. She's got…oh what's the word…'spunk'!" They both laughed together then Harry went quiet. He hugged Hermione even tighter to him and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"Hermione I love you. I'm so sorry that I was gone so long. I never want to be away from you again. Please tell me I can stay in your life, in your heart."

Hermione stifled a small sob but was unable to prevent her tears from falling onto Harry's bare shoulder. Soon Harry's tears were flowing into her hair and they stood together crying. Hermione sniffed loudly and looked up into Harry's eyes.

"Harry James Potter, you have been in my heart since September first, nineteen-ninety-one."

As tears continued to stream down their faces, Harry lifted Hermione into his arms and carried her back to the bedroom.


-->