Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Nirvana by kronos2785
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Nirvana

kronos2785

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, JK Rowling does. Waner Brothers own the film rights and stuff. I just own the plot of this story.

A/N: This story may contain philosophies and views on religion that are objection to some people. Whilst it will not "bash" any religion for the sake of it, the views expressed by the various characters of this story may not sit well with some members of the reading public. If you have staunch views on religion and are not open to others opinions and views, please refrain from reading this story. If you do read it and find it objectional, stop reading.

Thank you.

Lord Kronos


Professor McGonagall had returned Harry back to Privet Drive by way of the Knight Bus. He was in time for dinner with the Dursley's.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, BOY?" yelled Uncle Vernon as soon as he saw Harry. "We come back to find you missing. We got all our hopes up thinking that your freakish friends had seen fit to remove you from our house. Only to have them dashed when we realised that all your... equipment," Vernon spat the word, "was still here."

"I had a meeting that I only found out about after you had left," Harry replied calmly, not at all caring to prolong the shouting match that would have ensued. "I didn't think you'd appreciate me using your paper and pen or my parchment and quill, to leave you a message." Harry left it at that and walked up the stairs to his room.

"I haven't finished yet, boy. Get back down here so that I can tell you that you'll have no supper tonight."

*****

As Harry turned around from closing his bedroom door, he was shocked beyond belief to find Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts, standing in his room.

"See, that is exactly why I didn't want you attending today. I did not want the Dursley's to make life any harder for you."

Harry, just starred at his headmaster dumbfounded. How could he say that? Harry's life would have been much harder had he not been able to attend Sirius' reading. He wouldn't have had the sense talked into him by Sirius himself. He would have given his share of the inheritance and position of Head of Family over to Malfoy. How could Dumbledore have wanted that.

"I have come to apologise, Harry," Dumbledore started after a few moments of awkward silence. "It appears I have not learned my lesson from last year."

"Apparently not," retorted Harry, surprising Dumbledore and himself at the shear gall he was displaying.

"I have come here to explain why I did what I did, and to make a request of you," Dumbledore said, not a twinkle could be seen in his eyes.

"I'll listen," Harry replied shortly. He walked the two steps to his bed, lay down on it and closed his eyes.

Dumbledore was shocked at the rudeness that Harry was displaying. Harry clearly didn't think that he was worth his time. "There is only one reason behind my actions. I did not want you attending Sirius' will and it causing negative emotions in you. I simply did not want you to have to experience that."

"That's your only reason?" Harry enquired from his reclined position, not opening his eyes. "Don't you think that it should have been my choice as to whether or not I should attend?"

"The failings of a old man who cares too much, Harry."

"That excuse can only work once. I was ready to forgive and forget that what happened was partially your fault. I was ready to move on. But you have shown me once again that you don't deem me worthy enough to make decisions on my own, for myself." Harry was becoming quite irate. He had sat up and was looking Dumbledore in the eye.

"Yes, you are quite right. Now onto my request. I'd like to ask that you do not go and see this man that Sirius is making you go and see."

Harry, ever curious, couldn't help himself. Instead of saying straight out that he would not fulfil his request, he asked why.

"Because, Harry," Dumbledore started out slowly. He appeared to be measuring his words. "Because I know what this man did to your mother."

Harry didn't know what to make of what Dumbledore had just said so he just motioned for him to continue.

"Your mother met this man over the holidays between her fifth and sixth years, like you hopefully won't." Dumbledore gave Harry a gentle smile and continued, "he corupted your mothers ideals and beliefs. He turned her away from the side of the light."

Harry was well and truly shocked by that very small bit of information. Why had no one mentioned any of this before?

Dumbledore let this little bit of information sink in before continuing. "I don't want the same thing to happen to you, Harry."

"What do you mean, 'turned her from the side of the light?'" Harry asked slowly.

"I mean exactly what I said, Harry. My time here is up. I'll leave the decission in your hands about whether or not you will meet this man. You now know why I do not want you to." And with a swish of his cloak, Dumbledore disappeared from the smallest bedroom in number four Privet Drive.

Harry sat, stunned at the way Dumbledore had just left him after dropping that bombshell. His mother had been turned from the side of the light. What did that mean? Harry was thoroughly confused. Surely someone would have told him this bit of information before. Snape surely would have loved to taunt Harry with this information.

Harry went to sleep that night, hungry. Dumbledore didn't even think it appropriate to leave Harry some food. Harry assumed it must have been punishment for attending the reading that day.

Perhaps, Harry thought, perhaps I should go just to spite Dumbledore's wishes? Harry had decided. He would meet this man with Hermione. After all, Sirius wouldn't send him and Hermione to meet someone who turned his mother from the side of light.