Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's Light by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's Light

H_HrFan

DISCLAIMER: JKR's

A/N: Very different from what I usually write and only my second attempt at writing first person. Thanks, S.P. for reading it and for validating me. It was a relief to know you didn't think it was stupid. As always, I appreciate you [and] your input.

I hope you all enjoy it. Reviews are ALWAYS welcome! Thanks, and have a great weekend.

………………………………………………………

For Always

Black.

It surrounds me.

I no longer know if my eyes are opened or closed as the solitary color intensifies until I am enshrouded in nothing but a pitch black darkness that seeps into every crevice of my being. I feel as though I am falling.

A flame.

Its tear-drop shape flickers to life. Its yellow, red, and orange hues invade the all-encompassing blackness and bring warmth to the cold that has accompanied it.

Blue.

The hottest, brightest flame encapsulates the fiery glow, surrounding it, feeding off its heat until it burns hotter and flickers higher.

Slowly.

The fire undulates. A myriad of waves shimmer through its center as from its depths, a vision is born.

You.

Ever so slowly the vision ripples and swells to life. Where once there was only flame, now there is desire. I reach forward to touch you but withdraw my hand quickly as the intensity of the flame increases. I watch in silent wonder as the flame caresses your face. I am envious.

Again, I reach for you. Gently my hand caresses your face and you lean into my palm as the flames lick my skin. Your eyes are closed when you turn to kiss my hand.

My heart is in my stomach as I raise my other hand to gently cup your face. "You are my light," I whisper softly as your eyes burn straight through me. I feel you sear my soul and I slowly begin to pull you to me. The flames have grown higher as my need for you intensifies. "You warm me," I say, continuing to whisper as I draw you ever nearer. The pulsating sounds of the fire thrum louder as we get closer. For a moment I wonder if you can hear me at all. Quickly I realize that it doesn't matter. You already know.

Your eyes flutter closed and your hands grasp at my arms. I can feel your desperation just as I know you can feel mine. My fingers splay across your cheeks as my hands slide back along the sides of your head until I feel them entangle in your hair.

Your breath is hot upon my lips. I feel its warmth in the depths of my soul and it heats me from within. I feel the cold begin to melt away the moment your soft lips touch mine. Every darkened crevice is filled with a fire that could only emanate from you. I can feel every prickling sensation as the heat explodes from where my heart has dropped into my stomach.

I am no longer falling. The heat lightens me and I feel as though I could float away. Now I cling to you to keep from flying.

I slant my head and hesitantly I kiss you with parted lips. I feel you melt into me as you invite me in. Your tongue seeks mine and a new spark ignites the flame. White lights burst behind my eyes and I discover that my heart has risen and is now lodged in my throat. Reluctantly I release you and I slowly open my eyes, which have long since closed with the weight of my desire.

Your eyes are such a deep brown that for a moment I feel lost in their depths. Tentatively I smile before my forehead seeks yours. My hands have found your face again and my thumbs trail across your cheeks, just under your eyes. I hear you sigh and I never want to let you go.

Your hands leave my arms to wrap around my waist and you pull me closer. I kiss your lips tenderly and rest my forehead to yours once more. "I love you, Hermione," I say as I stare down into your eyes.

"I love you, too, Harry."

It is the first you've spoken and your voice comes to me from a distance. Slowly my vision of you begins to fade. "Don't go," I plead as I desperately cling to the last vestiges of my dream.

I feel a gentle hand upon my cheek and on instinct mine moves to cover it. Slowly I open my eyes and I look around in me confusion. I blink as I take in my surroundings. The room is dark, the soft glow of a fire offering the only light. You move to kneel before me and your hand takes mine to my lap. I look at you incredulously as the fire encircles you, bathing you in its light.

"I'm not going anywhere," you say in that soft, knowing voice that always seems to temper my soul.

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep." I see your eyes as they drop down to where your hand holds mine. "You-"

"Was I dreaming?"

You look up at me with tears glistening in your eyes as you slowly nod your head.

"Was I talking?"

You close your eyes and I hear your shallow intake of breath as you nod again.

I place my fingers on your chin and raise your head until your eyes meet mine. "Tell me what I said?" I ask as my eyes search yours.

You gently shake your head as your eyes close again.

My hand turns over and grasps yours where it rests upon mine. I pull you up and guide you to my lap. Your legs straddle mine and immediately your face is buried in the crook of my shoulder. "Hermione, please," I gently cajole, "look at me."

Slowly you sit up and begin to wipe away your tears. I reach for your hands and lay them on my shoulders. My arms encircle your waist. As you look into my eyes I see my life. Every stage, every blessing, every thing that has ever mattered is reflected back at me through your eyes. "I do," I whisper.

You smile at me through your tears and my heart rate quickens when you kiss me. "I do, too," you whisper against my lips. "For always."

I pull you closer and the darkness that has forever pervaded me is now replaced by the vibrant, burning hues of yellow, red, orange, and blue…Hermione's light.


-->