Unofficial Portkey Archive

Broken by midnight pain
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Broken

midnight pain

You're waiting. You know what's coming and you want nothing more than to run away. If you aren't there he can't say goodbye. He's leaving - leaving you, everyone; he says it's to protect you, all of you. But it hurts. You remember the night before [you touch your lips because you can still feel his, you can still taste him]. You think of his touch. You never want to forget the way he felt, the way your name sounded on his lips. You think of what this could be if he would stay. You cling to the memory of his body pressed against yours, the way he held you, and the way it felt to feel whole for once in your life. He loves you [he loves you too much]. Your heart breaks in a ways you didn't k now it could and you crumble.

You can't look him in the eyes when he walks into the room because his pain might hurt worse than yours. You don't want him to see you cry - again - but it wasn't supposed to happen like this. You were supposed to fight beside one another, the three of you. You realize: you need him too much. You don't want to let him go, not now, not ever, and you know that you have no choice.

[Your insides ache because you know he may never come back; its hard to breathe because you remember him inside of you.]

"Hermione," he says softly. The sound of his voice hurts because you know you won't hear it tomorrow. You feel his arms around you. You tremble.

"Please don't go." you cry quietly, holding him so tightly, because you can't think of the morning when you wake up and he's gone. "I need you," you whisper. "I love you so much, Harry."

"It's for the best." he says softly. You look up at him, tears running down your cheeks, dripping off your chin. He kisses you softly. "It's better this way." He backs away from you.

[You want to hold on. You want to hold on so hard.]

"Pleaseā€¦" you beg, because you're not ready to let him go. You can't.

"I love you," he says. You're watching his back retreating, leaving you standing alone. You hear the front door close.

[You never studied this. There was no book to give you a way to handle pain like this.]

He's gone. You fall apart.


-->