Unofficial Portkey Archive

His Most Precious by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

His Most Precious

Harry85

Disclaimer: Sadly I don't own Harry Potter, or HBP would have been different!

A/N: This is my response to an old challenge, "The Second Task: Your take" by Aurabolt. Seeing GoF movie gave me good ideas for this one. I'm starting from First Task, though, leaving it as in the book, but rewriting it in my way. Not really necessary, but I thought it would be nice. Please, if you read, leave me a comment, it makes my day! Oh, you may find a mixture of book and movie in some parts…that's because I tried to insert in the way the book tells the things some scenes I loved from the movie!! A small gift for all my faithful reviewers this is! Hope you enjoy!

Epilogue

"Shut up and kiss me"

"What?" Harry asked.

Hermione's amusement was quickly turning in frustration.

"I said, shut up and kiss me" she repeated, clearly annoyed.

"Oh" was Harry's response.

Finally his brain let the words sink in, so he slowly closed the really little distance between them, finally placing his lips on hers.

For a moment they stayed still, enjoying the wonderful sensation, but then he took all his Gryffindor courage, and ran his tongue on her lower lip.

She quickly allowed him access, and soon a their tongues entwined, battling with each other.

It was like tons of fireworks had erupted within both of them, and they kept coming for more.

Neither could break the kiss, as they were so eager to show the other how much love they felt for him/her.

Harry then tried sucking on her lower lip, eliciting a moan from her. He smiled against her lips, still kissing her fiercely.

Finally they did part, for lack of oxygen.

"Wow" was all what Harry could say.

"Yeah, wow" she replied, her eyes glazed, her lips pink and swollen. She softly touched them with her fingers.

"So I guess this changes everything, doesn't it?" he said, taking her back in his arms.

"Yes, it does. But I think that's a good change, because I'll be able to do this" she said, kissing him quickly, "whenever I want"

"Oh, is that so, Granger? Well, in this case I'll be able to do this, whenever I want" he said, taking her up of the ground, and starting to spin her around, keeping her as close as physically possible to him.

She giggled, but in the end Harry lost his balance, so they ended on the ground.

She giggled harder, he chuckled too.

"You can't even spin your girlfriend around, Potter" she said, teasing him.

"Girlfriend? Is that so?" he said

She grew serious. "Well, if you don't want for me to…" she started, but he silenced her with a kiss full of raw passion and desire, and she moaned into his mouth.

Then she kissed him back with the same passion, rolling on top of him, and it was his turn to moan.

Just in that moment, Viktor Krum entered the Quidditch pitch to have some flying and escape his fan club. He spotted them, snogging each other brains out on the grass.

He smiled sadly.

"And here I was thinking I would have to confront him soon about his feelings for her…guess there's no need for that, now" he said, silently walking away to give them some privacy.

Later, Harry and Hermione returned to Gryffindor Tower holding hands.

They entered the common room and the first to spot that detail was Ginny.

She rushed to them, grinning. "Does that mean what I think it means?" she said to Hermione. The other girl nodded happily.

The redhead squealed and hugged her tightly.

"Girls" Ron muttered.

"Ron, can I have a word with you?" Harry asked.

His mate nodded to they went up to the dorm, that was deserted. Harry locked the door.

"So, what's the matter, Harry?" Ron asked.

"Ron, I know you fancy Hermione" Harry started. Ron got red behind his ears.

"I do not!" he protested.

"Of course you do, Ron. We both know it. Now, the fact is, that me and Hermione got together this afternoon, after I stomped away…"

"And you're telling me this to try and not have other jealousy issues from me, right?" Ron said. "Well, Harry, I won't lie to you. This hurts like hell. But at least you two didn't try to sneak behind my back, and that I appreciate a lot. And in my heart I have always known you were the best guy for her. So, here's my blessing" he grinned, just a bit sadly.

"Thanks Ron. This means a lot to me" Harry said, hugging him manly.

"But Harry, you must know that if you hurt her, I'll kick your ass, even if you're the bloody Boy-Who-Lived and Triwizard Champion" Ron added.

Both of them started laughing, then walked back to the common room, where Harry was once again cheered for passing the second task. Now just one was to go.

Later that evening, Harry wrote to Sirius about the second task. Hermione then accompanied him to the Owlery to send the letter.

Once the owl had fled away, they returned to the common room holding hands.

Then they stayed together on the couch in front of the fire, cuddling, and fell asleep that way.

"Aww, this is so cute" Harry heard someone saying.

Taking in the surroundings, he saw his fellow Gryffindors around the couch, smiling at the happy couple. Soon Hermione stirred too.

"Harry" she murmured half asleep.

"Yeah"

Then she, not aware of having an audience, kissed him.

Clapping of hands followed, and Hermione gasped, realizing there was someone in the room. Both of them blushed deeply, while the girls were squealing like mad.

"That's so sweet" Parvati said, dreamily.

"Yeah, perfectly romantic" Lavender added, sighing.

***

Time passed, and all the school knew Harry and Hermione were an item.

Apart for the fact that in Hogwarts every thing bound to be a secret was immediately known by everyone, it would have difficult not to understand it, as they were always together.

It seemed the were joined at the hip.

Many nights they would find some secluded spot in the halls or in some closet, or in the Astronomy Tower to sneak and have a good snogging.

After all, with Harry's cloak and map, that Moody had given back to him, it was really hard for Filch to find them.

Sometimes things heated up, but since both of them were responsible teenagers, never they abandoned themselves to the pure lust, and kept a good level of self control.

Oh, they would have loved to take that step in their relationship, but Hermione had expressed the desire to wait till her marriage, and Harry loved her too much to try and contest her decision.

He would follow it, no matter how much restrain he would have to exercise on himself. Hermione, on her part, was growing frustrated with her decision, but managed to go with it all the same.

As time passed, the third task neared. This time no clues were to be solved, so the Champions had only to wait and see what they would have to face.

July 24th came soon, too soon in Harry's opinion. Not that he was afraid of the task, after all he had already overcome a dragon and many other creatures in the Forest, but it meant the end of the school term was near, and so was his parting from Hermione, at least for the first part of the summer holidays.

He couldn't bear it.

"Oh, come on. It's not like we're going to not see each other for a year, Harry. Don't be a baby. Plus, we'll write to each other often, so we won't feel alone"

"That will never be the same than holding you like I'm doing now" he retorted. "So, since I can't change what is going to happen soon, I better make good use of the time I've left" he said suggestively.

"And what is it that you're suggesting, Mr. Potter?" she said, leaning in.

He did not reply, but captured her lips with his own. The kiss was fierce, raw passion fuelling it.

Hermione could feel the bruises forming on her lips, but she didn't care. All what she wanted was to kiss him into oblivion.

He started running his hands along her body, down her back, and finally he gently grabbed her breasts trough the fabric of her clothes.

She moaned at the touch, and kissed him harder, while he massaged them softly, and ground her hips against his own, and smiled against his lips feeling something stirring in his pants.

After some time, he broke the kiss, knowing that if they didn't stop soon, they would not be able to.

"Well, I would say this use of the time we have is quite good, Mr. Potter. But as much as I hate to interrupt this, tomorrow there's the third task, and we wouldn't want you losing the tournament because you fell asleep through the maze, do we?" Hermione said slyly.

Harry had been showed with the other Champions the final task that afternoon, and he had told her about it.

"Of course not, Ms. Granger. So I guess we should both go to sleep, as we don't want you falling from the stands while cheering your handsome boyfriend, for lack of sleep, do we?"

"Handsome? Your ego is a bit inflated, Mr. Potter" she said.

"Is that so? I'm sure I'll be able to find a girl here in Hogwarts who thinks I'm handsome, Granger" he said playfully.

She smiled at him, then they got up.

"Goodnight Harry" she said after a last quick kiss.

"Goodnight, love" he said, playfully smacking her bum.

She turned outraged, but then burst laughing seeing the innocent face he was giving her.

"Off to bed with you" she said then, and both of them retreated to their dorms.

Third task came, and just before entering the maze Harry searched the stands for Hermione. Finally he spotted her, and she blew him a kiss.

He grinned, and mouthed "I love you"

She felt giddy seeing that and mouthed it back.

Then Dumbledore called the Champions around him.

"You won't face dragons or creatures of the forest in there, but something far riskier. Oh, find the cup if you can, but be careful. You can lose yourself, in the maze. Now, since Mr. Potter and Mr. Diggory are even at the first place, they'll enter together. Then Mr. Krum, and then Miss Delacour"

And so it started.

Through many perils, one being an Imperioed Krum, Cedric and Harry managed to get to the Cup together.

They agreed to take it at the same time, as a draw, but they were Portkeyed away, in a graveyard Harry had already seen in his dreams.

Soon Wormtail and Voldemort came.

"Kill the spare" Voldemort ordered, and so Wormtail did. Then Harry saw Voldemort's rebirth, and duelled with him, barely managing to come back to Hogwarts thanks to the "Prior Incantatio" that gave him the time to get to the cup with Cedric's body.

A couple days later, after Dumbledore's eulogy for the Hufflepuff boy, Harry and Hermione were walking hand in hand in the park.

He was leading her toward the lake, for a surprise. It was that year's last night at Hogwarts.

Once they got to the place, Hermione gasped.

It was a romantic setting, candle lit, with a large blanket for them to sit onto, and an huge basket of food, making of Dobby.

As soon as they sat, romantic music started to play, and continued through their whole meal.

"Harry, really, you shouldn't have" she said.

"Hermione, I would do anything for you. Last days has been drenched in sadness and grief, and I honestly don't know if I can stop blaming myself for what has happened. But tonight, is only for us" he said.

Then, once they had finished eating, he stood up, walked toward her.

"Miss, would you give me the honour of this dance?" he said, bowing in front of her.

She giggled, and took his hand eagerly. "My, you're really courteous, sir. I'll accept your offer gladly" she said, as he grinned and placed his hands on her waist, starting to move at the slow rhythm of the song.

"I've wanted to do this since the Yule Ball" he confessed. "And that's saying something, as I don't like to dance. But with you, it's different. I feel at ease"

Hermione felt tears well up in her eyes, but managed, even if barely, to control them.

"I've wanted to dance with you like this for a long time too, Harry" she said, resting her head on his chest while swaying to the music.

Later, they stopped dancing and she sat again on the blanket. She expected him to sit with her, holding her, but instead he kneeled in front of her.

Then, waving his wand over his left hand, he conjured a small box.

Clicking it open, he revealed a simple gold ring, with a small diamond on it.

Hermione gasped.

"I know we're still young, Hermione. So this is not an engagement ring, but a promise ring. I promise you, Hermione Jane Granger, that one day I'll marry you" he said. "Do you accept it?"

She was speechless, tears of joy now impossible to stop falling freely on her cheeks.

He saw her crying, and panicked.

"Hermione, please, stop crying. I know this is not a beautiful ring, but as soon as I get to Diagon Alley I'll buy you one that's better, or, if you don't want it, I'll understand…" he started rambling.

She wiped away her tears, giggling. She absolutely adored him when he rambled.

"Harry" she called.

"What?" he said.

"Once again, shut up and kiss me" she said, smiling at him that smile, the one that raised his spirits no matter what.

He grinned, slipped the ring on her finger, and eagerly complied.


-->