Unofficial Portkey Archive

The New Dark Lord by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The New Dark Lord

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, or HBP would have been different.

A/N: My response to my own challenge, "The New Dark Lord". The requirements are included. Please, if you read, leave me a comment. It makes me happy.

Requirements:

Harry defeats Voldemort, and after doing that he cheers with his friends just to see Ron and Hermione kissing. Since he loved her, that angers him, so he storms away.

No one is able to find him for years, and Ron and Hermione marry, she becomes minister and he the head of Auror Dept.

Crimes start to happen, and soon the WW is in fear again. A new dark lord has risen, and it is Harry. He attacks casually, purebloods, Muggleborns, whoever he finds in front of him when he attacks, he kills.

After some time of this new terror, and the Auror and Hermione as minister doing their best to stop him, finally he asks to speak with her alone.

Then he explains why he became what he is now.

From here, you choose how to lead it to H/Hr.

The New Dark Lord

Prologue

Dark clouds covered the sky over Hogwarts Castle. The grounds were stained with blood from attackers and defenders, bodies lay lifeless.

The ones still standing revolved their attention to a seventeen years old boy with raven messy hair, and his lifelong nemesis.

Green eyes stared darkly into red slits.

"So it has come to this, Tom. You, and me"

"Don't call me that, Potter" the snakelike figure snarled. "I'll punish you for your arrogance, just like I punished your father"

Harry's eyes grew darker.

"Avada Kedavra!" Lord Voldemort shouted, and the green light flew toward the boy. Harry Potter simply waited the curse to reach him.

He had in secrecy developed a new spell, with the help of his best friend Hermione Granger.

She looked at the approaching curse in fear, battered but overall fine, on the ground. "Harry, please, don't do that" she thought, unable to move.

But he did. He let the curse reach him, and he was engulfed in green light.

Lord Voldemort smirked in triumph, just to have that frozen on his thin lips.

The green light turned to white, growing always brighter.

The audience of the duel had to cover their eyes to not go blind, and so did the Dark Lord.

Harry Potter started floating over the ground, his hair moving eerily. Then, he closed his eyes and outstretched his hands toward his enemy, beam after beam of pure light erupting from him and hitting Voldemort in the chest, ripping him apart and destroying the last piece of soul he had in himself, after that Harry had destroyed the other Horcruxes.

Then, looking at the limp form of his nemesis, Harry passed out.

He woke up in a bed, and looked around, just to see Ron and Hermione at his side.

He smiled at them, taking his glasses. "It's over" he said.

"Harry, you have to rest" Hermione said him, stopping his attempt to seat. He nodded, and lay in bed.

"How long have I been unconscious?" he asked.

"Two weeks" Hermione replied.

He whistled. "Blimey"

"Harry, what you did was totally reckless. We were not sure it was going to work, why did you risk that?"

"I was sure" was his only reply.

After some chatting, his friends were sent away from Madam Pomfrey, who needed to check on her patient.

Seeming satisfied, she motioned to him to stand up. "You can go, Potter. But, take it easy the next few days" she brusquely said, disappearing into her office.

He grinned, if there was one thing he did not like of his years in Hogwarts was staying in the Hospital Wing, so he quickly dressed, and left, searching for his friends.

He walked through the empty school, the students were by now gone, as the term had ended the day of the battle.

Finally, he found them in the Gryffindor common room.

"Harry! What are you doing here?" Ron asked, a bit flustered.

"Poppy released me"

"Well, that's great" Hermione said, not looking at him.

"Come on, guys. We should be happy, it is over!" he said, grinning. He knew what he was able to do now.

Finally, he could reveal her his feelings, and that made him feel extremely happy.

"Get a grip, Potter" he thought. "You can tell her that, yes, but there's no need to rush things"

So, they went to say goodbye to the Headmistress Minerva McGonagall, and left the castle once and for all, and from Hogsmeade they Apparated to the Burrow.

As soon as they arrived, Molly hugged the three of them with her trademark crushing hug.

"Harry, dear, you must be quite tired still. Go and have a nice kip in Ron's room" she then said him.

He had to admit he did feel a bit knackered, Apparating from such a distance was not an easy feat, so he accepted the offer, and went upstairs.

On his way, he met Ginny, who greeted him with an hug, and then looked longingly at his retreating form. She sighed and walked downstairs then.

Outside, Ron and Hermione were sitting under a tree, enjoying the nice weather, when Ginny reached them.

"Hey, guys. It's great to have you back here!" she said, going to hug them.

The previous two weeks had been hectic, with Harry unconscious, and the deaths of many they knew, Kingsley and Remus from the Order, and many fellow students, Colin Creevey, for example, Terry Boot, Ernie McMillan, and others they barely knew.

They still needed to break the news to Harry about Remus' death, and that would not be pleasant. The last friend of his father was gone, every link with his parents had vanished.

Later that day, Harry found them in the same spot, still chatting. Hermione spotted him, and thought better to get it done.

So she stood, and walked toward him.

"Harry, we need to talk" she said, taking his arm and leading him away.

He was elated. This was the chance he was waiting for, being alone with her. But, his happy thoughts were stopped by her words.

"Harry, there are bad news. You were unconscious, so we did not get the chance to tell you first. Remus…he's gone" she said, lowering her gaze.

He stood there, in shock.

"No" he said then. "No, this can't be" he ran away in tears, or at least tried to. She took him by his wrist, and kept him there.

"There's no reason to hide your tears from me, Harry" she said, hugging him and holding the boy while he cried.

"The funerals...they are going to be held in a couple days" she added then.

He nodded. If Sirius' death had taught him something, it was that bottling up his emotions, or trying to deny the evidence, did not help at all.

Remus was dead, there was nothing he could do about it. As much as he hurt for the fact, there was no point in trying to deny it like he did with his godfather.

So, a couple days later, he sat with his friends in the first row, attending the ceremony held on Hogwarts grounds to commemorate all the ones that died for the Light that day.

He wept softly during the celebration, and looked sadly at his former Professor's casket lowered in the earth.

He kneeled, and placed a single white flower on it. The most distressed was Tonks, who was in love with the man, and now had been deprived of him just when he was starting to notice her.

He walked toward her, and tried to console the Auror.

"Thanks, Harry" she sniffed when he gave her an handkerchief to wipe her tears. "He was a good man, although he was cursed with being a werewolf" she said.

"I know, Tonks. I know. And he will watch over us with Mum, Dad and Sirius now. They will be together again, and they will protect us" he said, holding the weeping young woman close.

Finally, when she calmed down, he left her to join his friends again, and grieve himself with them, but he was stopped on his way by the new Minister, Scrimgeour.

"Potter, the Ministry has organized a party to celebrate your victory. I really think you should come, boy"

Harry kept walking without even answering the invitation, and rolled his eyes. Now that he had won, he was the bloody hero, and everyone wanted to have a piece of him.

"What was that about?" Hermione asked.

"A bloody party to celebrate the victory" he said spitefully.

"I think you should go" she timidly said. "Then, you can put this chapter of your life behind your shoulders, and start over, this time in happiness"

He smiled. Yes, that was what he wanted. Start over in happiness. With her.

"Ok, if you think I should go, I'll go. But, you two have to come with me" he said.

Both Ron and Hermione nodded, and then they left. The grim atmosphere of the burials was something they vowed to leave behind, although they would never forget the lost friends.

They stayed at the Burrow for some time, Harry after all had no other place to go, as he would never go back to Privet Drive again. Seeing his relatives again was something he would really be glad to avoid.

Hermione, on her part, decided to stay some days before going to her parents' house. It was something they had never experienced, the chance to be carefree teenagers, and she wanted to enjoy it with her two best friends, at least for some time.

They used to walk in the wood near the house, often stopping by the pond, they boys at times would play Quidditch with the twins, when they were there, or go flying on their own, leaving Ginny and Hermione on the ground, chatting.

Finally, the day of the party came. Harry and Ron dressed in their best robes, the raven haired wizard had been given some with the Potter crest on them, the ones his father often used in official occasions.

Ron, instead, had been gifted by the twins some dark red robes. They then knocked on the girls' door.

"Hey, you two, come on. We're gonna be late" Ron called.

The door opened, and both boys stared open mouthed.

Ginny was wearing silvery robes, also a gift from the twins, and she looked gorgeous in them, but Harry's eyes, and Ron's too, were all for Hermione.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that clutched at her body perfectly, with a bare back and mildly plunging V-neck.

She blushed under their gazes.

"So, are we going?" Ginny finally said, amusement on her face.

The boys nodded, so the four of them exited the house and Apparated to the club where the party was to be held.

Harry was soon taken apart by some Ministry officials, and was given a small speech he had to read later in the night.

Then, he was left free, and went to the bar to have something to drink. Sipping his Butterbeer, he scanned the crowd for his friends, but there was so much people he could not see them.

"Pretty crowded, isn't it?" he heard Ginny say a bit later.

"Oh, Gin. Yes, there's an huge crowd. Have you seen Ron and Hermione?"

"Yes, actually they sent me to fetch you. We've taken a table outside, where it is less crowded" she said, and he followed her.

Once there, he sat. "Blimey, if I knew so much people would be here, I would have stayed home" he said.

"Come on, Harry, don't be such a baby. In a couple hours we will be able to leave, and all of this will be in your past" Hermione said.

"Oh, yes, you make this easy, but you do not have to give a speech in front of this crowd" he retorted, showing her the piece of parchment he had been given.

She read it, and giggled. "Poor Harry, hates fame so much, and they make you give a speech" she said, touching his arm and sending butterflies flying into his stomach.

Soon, the moment of the speech came, so he left them, and went to meet the Minister on the stage.

After clearing his throat and shaking the Minister's hand, he spoke.

"Friends, we're here reunited, because a great evil has been defeated. An era of peace will start now, and this is thanks to my victory over Lord Voldemort, yes, but I'm not here to brag about it. I'm here because we need, all of us, to cooperate to avoid that another man like him rises to power, and we need to do that under the guidance of the Ministry"

After he said the last words, he left, disgusted with the experience, and then went to search for his friends.

He spotted Ron and Hermione chatting in a secluded area.

A pang of jealousy surged in him, and he walked toward them. However, he stopped in his tracks when the redhead kissed her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, clearly kissing him back.

Tears spilling from his eyes, Harry Apparated away from the club.

Later, Ron and Hermione returned to the table.

"Hey, Gin, hasn't Harry finished is speech yet?" Ron asked.

"He has, long ago"

"So where is he?" Hermione asked, puzzled.

"He Apparated away. I guess he did not like you two kissing" Ginny said, looking at them sternly.


-->