Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Knights of Walpurgis by IslandPrincess1
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Knights of Walpurgis

IslandPrincess1

A/N: Second chapter, I think it's better than the first, you decide. Should mention here, there is a "character death" in this chapter, be warned from now, don't flame me later. Also, it's the strangest thing writing a scene here, I was ten years old when Princess Diana died and up until then I didn't really think that princesses still existed.

Disclaimer: Not mine, never was, never shall be. Damn!

*****

A Malfoy's Fall

For a time after Harry opened his eyes, he actually forgot that today was not going to be the usual way. Yes, he was going back to school with Ron, Hermione and Ginny and whoever else's parents had decided to send them along, and yes they were taking the Hogwarts Express as usual and then the Thestral-ride to the castle itself. But this year they would not be greeted by Professor Albus Dumbledore, tormented by Severus Snape or harassed by Draco Malfoy. This year, if all went well, they weren't even going to stay the whole term.

By the time he sat up he remembered though, and reminded himself to properly "thank" Voldemort as soon as he got the chance.

His and Ron's trunks were already packed at the foot of their beds. Hermione had insisted on it to ensure that they concealed and took everything that would be going with them. When Ginny noticed them doing this it further fuelled her already growing suspicions about their plans. No one had acknowledged her questions though, and she was forced to let it go amidst frustrated fury.

Downstairs he knew Mrs Weasley was preparing their breakfast, the smell seemed to waft through the very floorboards beneath them. After their little escapade in Diagon Alley she had displayed no more signs that she suspected they were up to something-clearly Mr Weasley and his grounding had done their jobs-but she had settled into a quiet anxiety over the reopening of the school. It was, for the three of them, their final official year at Hogwarts, and it was also happening in the midst of a war. A war in which he was possibly the most wanted.

Outside he could hear the Ministry-sent car being run over by the Aurors guarding the Weasley house. It would take them to the station where he would be met by more Aurors and guarded all the way to school. They were taking no chances with his safety; he hoped they would continue it after he was gone.

From the window he could see the first reaches of the brilliant morning without creeping into the room. It was going to be sunny again, a lovely mask to the darkness that was slowly covering the earth. They did not know how far Voldemort's campaign had gotten-Mrs Weasley's doing no doubt-but they could guess. And when they got to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters later they would know. Just because they had been temporarily put out of action didn't mean that he had been too… frustrating as that thought was.

With a yawn and a stretch he threw off the covers and shakily stood up. From this moment onward they would be on their own. They could not risk the Order's assistance, or interference in the weeks and months to come. It was a scary thought, being all alone, no matter what he had planned weeks before. He tried to imagine it though-where he would be today without Ron and Hermione-and while sure that he would be well on his way after the Horcruxes, he knew that he would not have gotten very far.

It was not only scary to be alone now; in this case it could be downright dangerous.

Ron was still asleep so he left him that way and stumbled out into the hall to the bathroom. The house was completely silent, as if he was the sole one awake though the smell of breakfast said otherwise. For the past two weeks he had woken late but it was still like this. Hopefully, for the people who had to endure the silence, Mr and Mrs Weasley, it would not be too bad for long.

Back out of the bathroom on his way down to the kitchen though, he finally had confirmation of other life. Hermione and Ginny were awake, and despite the fact that with the others gone there was more than enough room for Hermione to have her own room she had apparently shared with Ginny the night before.

Whatever their conversation this morning though it was not entirely pleasant. The whispers coming through Ginny's bedroom door were loud and angry. He wondered why but did not eavesdrop. Something had been wrong with their friendship since last year; they would work it out eventually.

Before he was at the kitchen he heard the sound of other voices. Apparently Lupin, Tonks (surprisingly, they hadn't seen her in weeks) and Bill had decided to join them this morning and they were already deep in discussion.

"It was the Malfoy boy, again. I don't understand it, he's a wanted man and he's walking around as if he doesn't have a care in the world," said Lupin.

"Do you think it's a plan of You-Know-Who's?" asked Mrs Weasley.

"We can't be sure," said Tonks. "With Dumbledore gone the boy's no use unless he's a full-fledged Death Eater and so far he hasn't used him for anything else. If anything he's waiting for something special, or he just has no use for him."

"You-Know-Who never has 'no use' for anyone," said Bill. "It's either you work for him or you die."

He heard Mrs Weasley sigh sadly, "He's just a boy."

"He's a bad boy, Mum," said Bill. "He can't claim misguidance knowing that he tried to kill Professor Dumbledore twice before he got him in the tower. What if one of those plots had succeeded? We would have to be worrying about him too instead of just wondering what he's there for. Not to mention that one of those plots nearly got-"

"I know that," said Mrs Weasley, forcefully cutting him off. "He's an unpleasant boy, a very contemptuous and unpleasant boy… but he's still a boy nevertheless."

There was a moment of silence, where Harry was sure everyone was giving her exasperated and pitying looks and then Lupin said, "And then there's Snape."

Harry's ears perked up at the name and slipping as close as possible to the wall, and as close as he dared to the room, he tried to listen.

"They've seen him too?" asked Mrs Weasley, her voice almost dripping with contempt.

"Well that's the odd thing, since the night that Harry's uncle was killed and his house burnt, no one's seen him," explained Lupin. "He wasn't a visible person before, but now no one's seen him at all and for the life of us we don't know why. Why is Voldemort hiding him? What could he possibly want with him that doesn't involve going out and terrorising innocent people, many of whom are former students and colleagues?"

"I can think of a reason," said Bill, grimly. "Poisons or something like them, Muggles have used chemical warfare, why can't You-Know-Who?"

For a moment again there was silence in the kitchen, this time everyone contemplating the horror that could come, and then Tonks said, "And then there was that accident in France yesterday. Their Ministry's investigating it on the advice of Scrimgeour, Kingsley says, but at the moment they can't be sure or can't confirm that it might be Voldemort's European following's doing."

"I hope not, but if it was he has probably found an excellent, albeit temporary distraction. This has affected Muggles the world over, and if he acts quickly here, by the time they begin to recover he will have more control over Muggle Britain than they could begin to fathom," said Lupin.

"What are we to do then?" asked Mrs Weasley.

Harry loudly stepped down to them and said, "Make sure that that doesn't happen. Keep him busy so that he never gets the chance."

They all looked up to him surprised, not expecting to be overheard. Bill though, said quickly, "You know, we've got to find more secure places to have top secret conversations."

Harry gave him a slightly embarrassed grin; he really should not have been eavesdropping, and asked, "Good morning. Have they seen any Death Eaters lurking around Hogsmeade?"

Lupin returned his greeting, "Good morning, Harry. No, they must know that we'll be taking extra precautions around the school."

"Wotcher Harry!" chimed in Tonks, smiling under a mop of wild, shocking green hair. She then morphed her face slightly, so that she resembled a slightly skewed version of the Minister of Magic, and said, "You know the Ministry hype by now. 'You-Know-Who is a dangerous wizard but he will not destroy our lives. We will put this "war" to an end and bring the perpetrators to justice. They will not go unpunished.'"

Harry tried not to laugh, and asked, "Is that what they're saying now?"

"The Ministry wants to maintain confidence, and one of the ways is to downplay the damage as much as possible. A test of whether or not it is working is today, how many will be returning, how many going to Hogwarts today?" replied Lupin.

"I wish them luck," said Harry.

And then from behind they heard the sound of footsteps. The others were coming down to the breakfast, and as was their usual pattern, those gathered in the kitchen quickly dispersed. Lupin excused himself as he had some business with the Order, Bill to go to work and Tonks as well, oddly calling before she vanished through the door, "Catch you later, Harry." Harry watched them go and mildly wondered when the day would come that they would be comfortable involving them in their plans.

*****

It was not long before the house descended into the usual first-day-of-school madness. He, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were hurried through breakfast and getting dressed, all the while answering Mrs Weasley's fretful questions about whether or not they had packed everything. Then they were hurriedly rushed out of the house with trunks and pets in tow and bundled into the car that would drive them to King's Cross.

It was a long and uneventful ride after that. Hermione and Ginny were determinedly not looking each others way, Ron was still fighting to wake up, and failing miserably, and Mr and Mrs Weasley in the front seat were doing their best to keep the Ministry body-guard (a new one this time, Nigel Carlton, still a spy though) focused on matters other than the messy-haired, green-eyed young wizard in the back seat.

Before they were at King's Cross station though, they saw the headlines, posters and signs. They could be assured that today the Muggles would notice nothing unusual, even more so than yesterday as the news spread.

After all their favourite royal princess had been killed, who wouldn't be affected?

At the station was crowded, Muggles pouring into London to get to Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and just about everywhere they could to leave their tributes. Harry stood with Hermione and Mr Weasley a moment watching the people go, and then hurried away after Mrs Weasley, Ginny, Ron and their guard. But through the barrier, despite the crowd on the Muggle side, it was business as usual on Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. Well, as much business as could be done with half the usual number.

It was not deserted, no; there were quite a number of parents and prospective and returning students. But there were noticeably less people on the platform, and those that were there hurried onto the bright red Hogwarts Express almost as soon as they arrived.

Mrs Weasley decided to follow the crowd. Doing something that she had never before, she turned to them as soon as they were all through, and said, "I want you all to be careful, I know you know how dangerous it is now, but I just want you to promise me that you will be. You should have nothing to worry about, Hogwarts is the safest place to be now and the Order is going to make sure that it is. Have a good year-now, go on and join your friends."

Their guard stopped them on their way to the train, making a show of insisting on clearing the path to the doors. Mr Weasley took the opportunity to pull them aside too, and told Harry, "I know you're up to something, I don't know what, and frankly, I don't think it's my place anymore to ask-"

"-Mr Weasley, sir-" Harry began to protest but he stopped him.

"-no, I know, just take care of yourselves… and if you need it, ask for help, we will give it to you. We know that Professor Dumbledore was preparing you for something, or at least had set you on the right path before he… well, just take care of yourselves," he said.

Harry didn't know what to say to that. He was sure that he was supposed to say something, but "Thanks" and "Okay" were either insufficient or saying too much. He settled on a slight nod, and then had to hurry away when Hermione called, "Come on, Harry, it's time to go!"

Walking onto the train was like walking into school in a nightmare where he had forgotten his clothes. But where his schoolmates would usually point and laugh and whisper, here they just stared and whispered and moved out of the way to let him and the others through. Harry dropped his gaze and tried to seek out a deserted cabin, while at the same time keeping a look out for sign of Neville or Luna or just about anyone they knew. Unfortunately, he could see no one.

There were the new students, and more likely than not most of those present were Muggle-born, knowing nothing or little of the war at hand. There were some he knew only by sight in lower years, and then those by name, like Romilda Vane (who Ron glared at) and Demelza Robbins (who was on their Quidditch team). But they would walk almost the full length of the train before they would see someone they knew well. As they had been hoping, Neville and Luna were already seated in a compartment waiting for them, and Neville got up to admit them and greeted them with a smile, "Hey guys… we were wondering if you'd be coming back."

"Hey Neville, really?" asked Harry, stepping in with the others.

"Yes, we thought that after what happened you wouldn't, everyone knows how close you were to Professor Dumbledore," he replied.

"And that whatever you were up to was probably too important to wait for the end of the year," added Luna.

Accustomed to her by then, Harry asked, "What makes you think that whatever we were doing was important?"

"Professor Dumbledore would never take a student out of school if it wasn't," she told him, simply.

Harry shrugged and put his trunk and Hedwig up in the overhead compartment and then stopped to help Hermione and Ginny do the same. When they sat though, he took a seat beside Neville with Hermione and Ron sat beside Luna, facing them, with Ginny. A strange silence descended over them, something that almost never happened before, and then Ron asked, "So who's the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor?"

"You don't know?" asked Neville, his eyebrows disappearing into his fringe.

"No, do you?" asked Ron. "Wait let me guess, its Percy right?"

Luna replied for him, "Nobody knows, and they're keeping it top secret. Father says it's because they're doing a favour for one of Minister Scrimgeour's co-conspirators."

"Co-what?" asked Hermione, brow furrowed slightly. Harry quickly caught on though and tried to stop her. He gently tapped her shoulder and when she turned to face him shook his head, but Luna was already replying.

"One of his co-conspirators in the Rotfang Conspiracy, they're demanding payment to keep quiet and so he's paying them off," she explained.

Harry internally cringed, waiting for Hermione's inevitable and undoubtedly harsh dismissal. But instead, all she said was, "Oh," with a tone that stated plainly, "Sorry I asked."

Okay now something was up. Since when did Hermione not argue logic with Luna?

There was a mild shaking and then they heard the sound of the train's engine coming to life, the intermittent puffs of steam and dark smoke increasing their pace. It was time to go and Harry took a momentary glance out the window, wondering if the Weasleys were still waiting around to see them off. They probably hadn't-for again, it was not safe no matter what the Ministry said-but he immediately spotted them and their somewhat forlorn expressions.

He continued to watch them as the train pulled away, and fancied for a moment he saw something black slip across the platform behind them. It was probably their guard though, and it was confirmed when he stepped out to join them and usher them away. Harry watched them until they disappeared still, and then turned back into the cabin to hear, "-horn is still here."

"What?" he asked the speaker, Luna.

"Professor Slughorn is back again," said Ron, "and guess who's Transfiguration."

Harry did not bother, "Who?"

"Tonks," he announced.

"What?" Harry asked.

"That Auror who was guarding the school last year, and who came for us in the Ministry," replied Neville.

"Really?" asked Harry, looking to Hermione and Ron. They both nodded and he exclaimed, "Well, blow me!"

And then the door to their cabin drew back and in stepped Ernie Macmillan, a Hufflepuff in their year who was a bit pompous but Harry liked well enough… and he was sporting the missing Head Boy badge. When he saw them he smiled and said, "Well hello there Harry, you all… ah Hermione, I knew you'd gotten it, congratulations."

He had apparently tried to make it look like he'd spotted her wearing her badge, how he found out was beyond everyone. But unfortunately for him, when they all looked she wasn't wearing it at all. They decided to let it go though, and she replied, "Congratulations to you too… are we supposed to hold a meeting or something?"

Harry did a double take. Hermione didn't even know what her duties were supposed to be, since when?

"Well, not yet, but I just wanted to remind you that we're supposed to hold a meeting with the new prefects and patrol the train. We'll also have to organise the crossing for the First Years as Professor Hagrid's not in this year and it appears that there isn't anyone available at the school to help," he replied.

"Oh, okay," she said, and then with another smile he was gone.

Harry waited until she turned back to them to give her a meaningful look but she ignored it. And then he realised that she was probably going to give the badge back at school-something she hadn't mentioned or discussed at the Burrow-and he decided to let her be.

The rest of the ride then, seemed very much as if it would continue as usual. The day turned to afternoon the closer they drew to Scotland and Hogsmeade village. The old lady with the trolley, still dressed in mourning black, came round with the sweets. Lost or curious students came by their cabin and peered in the door or asked directions to the loo. A group of Slytherins, comprising of Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, Crabbe and Goyle, trekked past them off somewhere, but did not look in. And then halfway through the ride, Ernie Macmillan came back again to take Hermione off to the meeting while informing Harry and Ginny that Professor Slughorn wanted to see them.

Again Neville, Luna and Ron were left out, but when Harry made to refuse, surprisingly Ron just waved him off. Harry paused, looked at him and said, "I wasn't going."

"Ginny's going, and that Zabini is there, go look out for her," he told him.

Ginny scoffed, "I don't need anyone to 'look out' for me."

"He's your boyfriend, isn't he?" asked Ron, with a slightly pained expression on his face.

It was then that Harry remembered that he and Ginny were yet to tell anyone that they had broken up. He had to marvel though, at the fact that Ron had apparently not figured it out yet. And Hermione, who was still in the doorway for some reason, had apparently not told him either. He was sure that Ron would have taken it so much better if she had told him for them. With a slight sigh he decided to confess, despite their audience, "Listen Ron, about that…."

But something in his expression must have given it away for Ron took one look at him, then looked at Ginny and went, "He's not… anymore? What-"

Hermione cut in to save them, "You two better hurry up, he might send someone to come looking if you don't go."

Both Harry and Ginny gave her a grateful look and they hurried out of the cabin and went their separate ways. Harry and Ginny walked the way in silence; spared of embarrassment they seemed to have nothing to say to each other. That was odd, all last year Harry had been trying to find something to say to her, now it never even crossed his mind.

Before they were actually to the cabin though, there was a violent shuddering, the brakes screeched horribly and the train came to a dead stop. This time Harry and Ginny did look to each other, and Harry hustled her into Slughorn's cabin.

As the year before the short, squat, heavily overweight and elderly Potions Master was seated on a pile of cushions in his cabin, a tray of food-including crystallised pineapple cubes-on the table before him and a group of less than happy students arranged around him. Blaise Zabini and Cormac McLaggen were there as expected, and looked up at the two late arrivals with mingled expressions of surprise and alarm. The question on their lips though no one dared voice it: Why had the train stopped?

Slughorn though, seemed entirely unaffected, and greeted them cheerfully, "Harry my boy, and Miss Weasley… but where is Miss Granger… or has she gone off on her duties already?"

Stiffly, Harry replied, "Yes."

The Potions Master continued, "Could you tell me though, dear boy, why the train has stopped?"

"I-I…" and here Harry paused, thinking of the last time the train had stopped. It was his Third Year in fact, and while he, Ron and Hermione sat in their cabin, a group of dangerous Dementors boarded the train and swept immediately to his cabin. He looked to the windows mildly alarmed, but then realised that all the lights were still on, and that he wasn't cold… so that meant…?

That was when they heard the first scream.

Without thinking, Harry shoved open the door to the cabin and tried to go back out. He was stopped by Ginny though, demanding anxiously, "Where are you going?"

"Hermione… and Ron…" he said, and tried to wrench free of her.

He stopped cold again though when he heard a voice, a very familiar and arrogant drawl calling down the corridor, "Where's Harry Potter?"

Recovering quickly, he finally freed himself from Ginny and slipped out the cabin and down the corridor until he was standing before the door to the car. Through a window he could see that they had stopped over a bridge, and knowing where this bridge was, they would never be heard. No one would probably even notice, in fact, that they were missing until later that evening when the train didn't arrive at Hogsmeade Station.

Clever Malfoy, very clever….

Then Harry remembered that there were Aurors on board, and, as if on cue, three dark cloaked men suddenly rushed past him on their way to Malfoy and whoever else was with him on the train. There was some minor scuffling, a shout, ("STUPEFY!") and someone fell. But then the scuffles started again and somehow or the other, through more screams and shouts-some of which tore into Harry's chest like a double-edged, serrated knife-the door at the other end of the car before him tore open and into it rushed Draco Malfoy.

Harry nearly started where he stood, and flashed worried looks to the cabins in his path. He wasn't afraid of Malfoy, but there was no telling what he or the others with him-for he could hear them coming-would do. Malfoy paid them no mind though, with his pointy chin in the air he marched down the corridor towards him with a determined look in his cold grey eyes.

Harry slipped back beside the door, ready to stun him just as he came through. But when Malfoy came in he turned on him, clearly having seen him through the glass on the door and sneered, "Well hello Potter, long time no see."

Harry drew his wand too, though Malfoy ignored it, and said, "Give yourself up, Malfoy, you don't stand a chance. If the Aurors find you they won't show mercy."

Malfoy arched a brow, "And you'll show it to me?"

Harry gritted his teeth at his arrogance. How could he stand there so confident knowing that Harry knew what he had done? He had more than enough cause to harm him now, for, in addition to facilitating the Headmaster's death, he had also nearly killed Ron, his best friend, and poor Katie Bell. But he was probably haughtily counting on the fact that Harry wouldn't do it, and for some reason in that moment, Harry couldn't summon the anger to. Well, at least, not for the moment.

Malfoy continued, "You must be so pleased, aren't you Potter? To see me standing here, knowing that I am being chased by those incompetent Ministry officers?"

Harry refused to answer.

"But that's quite alright by me. So tell me, where's that filthy jumped-up Mudbl-"

Harry cut him off with a flick of his wrist and suddenly Draco found himself suspended by a leg with his robes hanging down over his head. Furious, Malfoy sent Harry sliding under him across the floor and into another door. The door to Slughorn's cabin finally flew open and Ginny and various students within hurried into the corridor. A quick look around and some rushed to Harry while the others rushed to Malfoy.

Oh the trouble of fighting in a small, crowded area.

The first to his side was Ginny and she hastened to bring him to his feet. Once standing he tried to reach over them to hex Malfoy, but Ginny got him first, hitting him with a well-aimed Bat Bogey Hex, while the others barely had time to get out of the way. Malfoy though, deflected it at the last minute, freed himself from Harry's spell and wildly cast a mixture of childish jinxes so that they would go further. They hastily dashed off to the closest available cabins and fought to get in while the occupants of which were standing against the door peering out in shock.

But he wasn't finished yet. Once the path was clear and all that stood between him were Ginny, Blaise and Harry, he announced, "At last the Weaselette, I've been looking all over for you."

Harry's eyes widened in alarm and he hurriedly grabbed hold of Ginny's arm and dragged her behind him. She protested though, yelling over his shoulder, "Let him try! Let him try! I'll get you Malfoy!"

Malfoy looked bored, and drawled, "You heard her Potter, step aside; this is between me and the Weasley."

And then Blaise, who had been standing in the corridor with his wand drawn, though not pointed at his former friend, said, "Draco, what are you doing? You're surrounded."

Harry couldn't be sure if he was trying to help him or not. But apparently, neither did Malfoy, not that he, Malfoy, apparently cared for he said, "I came here for her, and I've brought friends."

He enunciated the last word slowly, so that Blaise would take the meaning. Blaise though, spoke up again, "There are more Aurors than Death Eaters on this train."

Malfoy decided to ignore him, "Step aside Potter, your girlfriend and I have something to discuss."

Harry, irrationally, began to protest, "She's not my-" when the door sprang open behind Malfoy and into the car stumbled Ron and Hermione with three Aurors in tow. Behind Harry he could hear the sounds of others, but this time he was sure they were mostly students. Where were the teachers when they needed them?

Draco took one look at the situation, and discovered that Blaise was right. There were more Aurors, and students, and teachers than Death Eaters on the train. If he attempted to do what he was ordered to do he would be captured, or worse, killed. And it was with horror that he also realised that the Dark Lord must have known this, must have been counting on this….

Thank goodness he had been prepared, he supposed numbly.

He did the only thing he could do then, he Disapparated with a loud crack unto the roof of the train. The crowd surged back into the halls after him, Harry, Ginny, Blaise, Ron and Hermione becoming lost in their midst, Cormac McLaggen finally stepping out of Slughorn's cabin. But Harry pushed his way through them to Hermione, and once with her, grabbed her arm and asked Ron, "Did you see where he went?"

Someone else answered, a small Second Year girl calling from her cabin, "He's on the roof!"

They fought their way through to her, the first cabin after the door, but before they got there they saw a flash of black and heard her scream. They all stopped cold and the train was silent.

Draco had jumped, he had actually jumped….

Harry was only vaguely conscious of putting an arm around Hermione's shoulders while she just stared blankly ahead, as if not quite believing what she was seeing. As a matter of fact they all were. Though wizards were probably the most difficult to kill by Muggle means, they were apparently not impervious to suicide.

But presently they became aware of another sound. Pansy Parkinson, who had finally fought her way in behind them just in time to see the flash of fluttering black cloth, suddenly collapsed against Blaise Zabini sobbing uncontrollably. And though in the nearly seven years they had known each other they had never liked each other, Harry could not help but feel sorry for her.

*****

It was a silent and subdued train that finally pulled into Hogsmeade Station some two hours later. It had taken the teachers, prefects and Aurors-themselves a little shell-shocked-less than half an hour to get the other students back into their cabins and the train off again. But there was nothing they could do to stop the tears and vomiting and dazed looks. Though most of them had had a reason to hate Draco Malfoy, and others not known of him, his death….

When it was time for the Head Boy and Girl to gather the First Years to take them across on boats, Hermione left their cabin with more reluctance than usual. Harry and the others mutely followed the crowd to the carriages, and he tried not to look for those who would spot the thestrals-the black, red-eyed, skeletal-faced and winged "horses" that pulled them. But no one seemed to notice them, they were walking as if led by invisible strings and Harry, after stopping a moment to pat the head of one of them, climbed into the carriage for the ride to school, uninterested in the Aurors and other students around them.

But despite sitting in the same compartment with Ron, Luna and Ginny none of them said a word. Well, no one save Luna, who, upon sitting herself beside the window, said, "Someone should tell his mother."

Harry thought of Narcissa Malfoy, supposedly a slightly less evil version of her sister, Bellatrix, and said, "Someone will."

How foolish he had been to think this morning that today would be the usual, and he blamed the precious two-week vacation for that. The Dark Lord had managed to infiltrate every other aspect of Harry's life, why couldn't he interfere here? Harry could only hope that he would be as irked by Draco's death as they all were disturbed.

A/N: Sorry Draco lovers, it had to be done, you'll see.


-->